_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5673356 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #13890 on: April 08, 2013, 03:41:13 pm »

Mistress Payne
Pistol
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13891 on: April 08, 2013, 06:09:13 pm »

Eh, they probably would. Much as I'd like to liberate them, it's simply not feasible at this time.
Where are the internet, by the way, real person?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13892 on: April 09, 2013, 03:30:47 am »

"What is this Bishop guy like anyway?"
Charles sends a message via wristpad:
Quote from: Charles to The Doctor
Has there been any inmate by the name of "Bishop" who has had hallucinations of sheep?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #13893 on: April 09, 2013, 04:33:22 am »

Inquire and converse with the AM via chat while relaxing in my bunk.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = AM
...Cockroach man? Ok...probably not that sort of signalling, if that's the case. I mean, is there any kind of amp that lets you vocalize your thoughts? Something that could also do ventriloquism? Like, amplify your voice even through an MK suit?

Is there anything like that available in the armory, and how much - if any?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:46:13 pm by Tiruin »

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13894 on: April 09, 2013, 08:16:41 am »

You don't atack, no fun. That's the problem with the immortal and painless, they just wait and grab. A speedster or stronger guy can breeze by this easily, but I'm not one...yet! Well, Let's continue.

Aim a slash at his legs. Try to get him to fall. If he drops to the floor, cut one of his arms and prepare an attack on his neck. If everything is a success, leap back and ask Doc.

Do I need to kill him?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13895 on: April 09, 2013, 09:04:14 am »

You don't atack, no fun. That's the problem with the immortal and painless, they just wait and grab. A speedster or stronger guy can breeze by this easily, but I'm not one...yet! Well, Let's continue.

Aim a slash at his legs. Try to get him to fall. If he drops to the floor, cut one of his arms and prepare an attack on his neck. If everything is a success, leap back and ask Doc.

Do I need to kill him?
((You seriously need to go on a mission sometime soon. Doc should just show you the door, and say "Don't return until you get one down."))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13896 on: April 09, 2013, 02:46:33 pm »

I've been playing with LCS some more in an attempt to get better for a follow up game.

Should I point out that, at this point, I was a one armed swordsman?

"Ah, but herein lies the problem. If I just open it up and mess with it willy-nilly, who knows what might happen. It's space magic, after all. It's just that it seems to have a battery slot, so it shouldn't be that difficult to hook the generator up, just uncomplicated electrical wiring and such. Not to mention the fact that this very ship probably doesn't run on batteries, but rather on generated power. If I were to do it, I was wondering if there were some things that I should never, ever touch or mess with. You know, to prevent wild space magic from destroying me and the vicinity of myself. Some pointers that I could use. You just seem like the sort to know these things."

Converse.

"Ok, let me tell you this straight. If you start messing with a manipulator you're going to die. Either the men in black will kill you or the manipulator will. So don't do it."

((It's the laser rifle. Just to test how accurate Thomas can be, against people who don't know what they're being shot by.))
(We'll assume it's been beefed up to allow for long range fire like this)

[con:1+2+1]
You fire a pulse, about a second long. It hits the first archer in the chest and he falls, alive but probably not for much longer.

(( >.> fair enough, it may be easier to be in character at 3 in the morning but that doesn't mean i'm at my smartest. time for your standard-issue tinker post))

ok, plan 1) try to just take a microwave amp and modify it, when this raises red flags message the AM and Steve

Quote from: Lyra to AM and Steve
How can I make a microwave amp have continuous output without killing the user?

if i get useful advice, follow it. if not, next plan.

plan 2) automanip wired to accept input for position (forbid positioning it where it touches the user), size (with limits on the max size), and (if possible) color, from standard prosthetic inputs. attempt to add a input port to the automanip so that it can be hooked up to a small generator for periodic recharging. attempt to add a battery life display to the automanip. if the automanip cannot be rigged up for recharging then attempt to configure the design for easy battery replacement.

message the Doctor to ask for help with this design, attaching a copy of the work i've performed to the message.

((no, Lyra doesn't know how bad an idea this is))

Quote from: Lyra to Doctor
How should I configure prosthetic controls for this design? Is there a form of training control already designed to teach the user how to handle this new "limb" with something less lethal than a fireball?

if this doesn't work or is impratically priced, on to plan 3.

plan 3)

break the task down into subtasks and attempt to solve each problem individually.

subtask 1: generation of fireball

potental inital sources of the fireball: electric sparker, microwave amp, microwave manip, automanip, CLF3 (i'm pretty sure all of these will work, just use whichever is needed for compatability with later tasks, if several are compatible, use the one that is least likely to kill the user.

subtask 2: maintaining fireball

amp, manip, automanip, seem like the three most viable options. a robot would melt itself if surrounded by real fire, have scout eye maneuvering problems, and probably be to expensive to be viable if armored enough to avoid the above two issues.

subtask 3: controlling fireball

input from standard prosthetic systems seems likely, if nothing else the Doctor has shown that he is very used to adding additional limbs to people and would know how to configure input for something like this. if not viable for some reason then my best bets seem to be either a microwave amp or vector amp, depending on the other systems.

attempt to find viable methods for each of the above subtasks and then attempt to find a compatible combination of the above. if several options are available attempt to minimize price and risk to the user. if this is going to be in continuous use then it needs to not kill me every 3rd turn.

if none of the above ideas boil down to something usefull message Nyars with my failed designs attached, noted with why they will not work:

Quote from: Lyra to Nyars
Do you have a device that would perform similarly to these failed design's intentions?
Plan 1
The armory master basically tells you that you can't have continuous output, that there is always a limit to how much a manipulator or an amp can throw out before the batteries or user is drained.

Plan 2
Automanips never except anything but an activation and deactivation signal. Their actions cannot be altered.

plan 3

This all depends on how strict you are in how it looks. I mean, if all you want is a flying fireball we could just do the equivalent of duct tape a Bunsen burner to a quad-copter and call it a day.  But if you want to actually look like a free floating fireball then it's gonna be more complex.

Also, nyars doesn't know whats in his capsules, or at least he's not telling anyone.

Start using the Microwave Amp on both armies.
Using it how? Heating their coffee?

Excellent. Now for Phase II!

Save if I haven't yet.
Attempt to print a few copies of the picture. If successful, attempt to locate the printer, with help from adults if needed. If successful, retrieve the copies of the picture.

You print a copy of your picture out and get it from the armory master, who seems to be in control of the printer. Yay!

Mistress Payne
Pistol

Yar. Do you:

Explore the tombs on mars
or
Dredge the Oort cloud
or
Visit the rings of saturn, home of the galaxy's most radioactive prostitutes

Eh, they probably would. Much as I'd like to liberate them, it's simply not feasible at this time.
Where are the internet, by the way, real person?

>Computers are in the Rec room. Near the VR machines.

"What is this Bishop guy like anyway?"
Charles sends a message via wristpad:
Has there been any inmate by the name of "Bishop" who has had hallucinations of sheep?

"I dunno. Just a guy. He's afraid of cotton balls and has a fetish for PVC body suits."

Yep. He's on mission right now.

Inquire and converse with the AM via chat while relaxing in my bunk.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel = AM
...Cockroach man? Ok...probably not that sort of signalling, if that's the case. I mean, is there any kind of amp that lets you vocalize your thoughts? Something that could also do ventriloquism? Like, amplify your voice even through an MK suit?

Is there anything like that available in the armory, and how much - if any?

Searchword: Iridescent
Spoiler: Feyri Nirel (click to show/hide)
Why don't you just go talk to victor. He's still living in the vents; he's completely mute, so his projection system is designed to create images from his thoughts.

No sudden moves though, he's skittish.

Do I need to kill him?

You swing at his legs, trying to take them off just above the knee. He dodges. By breaking his own knees backwards. You watch in slow motion as his knees bend backwards, until he's in a horrific sort of reverse kneel. And then, with the sound of bones and flesh knitting, he launches himself into the air, the force of his regenerating flesh forcing his legs straight and catapulting him upward. He skips off the ceiling and lands behind you. He brings his blade to his side, his arm breaking in several places as he does.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13897 on: April 09, 2013, 03:13:43 pm »

End Simulation.

Simulate an all-out match with the 5 inmates with highest overall stats.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13898 on: April 09, 2013, 03:15:02 pm »

Thank Armory Master.
Locate bedrooms/quarters/dormitory/whatever you want to call it. See if I can figure out which one is Miss Feyri's.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: April 09, 2013, 04:00:29 pm »

well, blast. that limit on automanips is a major problem, although workarounds are still possible.
((and i knew Nyars would refuse, it just was the logical follow up so...))

plan 1) the hard way
look up various forms of immaterial containment and/or shielding fields developed. particularly look for methods of containing either heat or plasma effects that do not require surrounding the effect but instead curve their shielding around it, probably by having an array of devices clustered together, a few forming the shield itself, initially aimed mildly off-center, and the rest forming modifying fields that act similarly to prisms upon the shield effect, causing it to curve  as it passes the target area, forming a hollow sphere.
attempt to either duplicate or develop such a device, activate it, then have a dedicated automanip cause there to be a specific heat level or plasma ball inside the shielded sphere.
create a program to adjust the angles, shield strength, and prism strengths, to automate the process of moving the sphere around so that all it needs is directional input.
test the maximum range the device can handle the sphere being from the emitters before the containment shields are too diffused to be functional, and make the program not allow moving the sphere that far from the emitters. also disallow suicidal fireball placement, such as on the user or on the emitters themselves. teach it that the initial fireball position must be a fixed direction and distance from the device array, to allow the automanip to function. treat this position as the default position for the fireball to go throughout design.
check size, price, and power constraints, and attempt to remove excess and specialize the device array to make more portable and cheaper to produce, reducing fireball size as needed as well, and updating the program as needed to compensate for this process.
do not stop downsizing until it either stops working or is both realistically man-portable and cheap enough in materials i think it would cost about 5 tokens or less. check how much this has reduced performance, and note exactly when it became man-portable, and when i think it would only cost about 5 tokens, if either point is reached during this downsizing and efficiency work.
((i'm assuming here that the field itself will keep the fire/plasma ball going through simple conservation of energy, since it doesn't have anywhere to go to dissipate itself. also since the automanip is set to cause there to be a specific amount of heat/plasma in the area, instead of adding a specific amount of heat/plasma to the area, it should be able to simply be triggered again to bring the fireball back to full strength))

refinements:
if the device takes significant battle damage, make it refuse to activate the automanip anymore for any reason, set the shields on a middling-strong setting, and turn off the prisms, reshaping the shields into an outward facing cone, and expelling the fireball away from the user. after the fireball has had three times the time normally needed to dissipate,the rest of the device turns off and stays that way until repaired.
attempting to trigger the automanip causes the shields to return to the default position, then triggers it. the automanip will not trigger if the shields are out of position.
give the device a physical switch on it, which is covered and latched to prevent accidental use, which will disable the safeties with the exception of the auto-shut-off listed above. it defaults to have the safeties on, is a toggle, and if damaged (without the rest of the device being damaged) locks itself with the safeties on.
make the device compatible with prosthetic limb inputs. (remember it only receives directional movement input, and the automanip trigger request, there is no other input to this device)

plan 2) stupidly expensive
first, test each of the various amps, manips, and automanips. find which ones can make the fireball, and which of those have the longest battery life when set to keep it going as long as possible.
next, go through the amps, manips, and automanips again, take the longest lasting result from the above test, and see which amps, manips, and automanips can move it around. for now ignore practicality (if necessary use 6 automanips (one for each dimension) to move it for example).
next, attempt to find a way to reduce the price tag of the system by specializing it to this one purpose, removing unnecessary versatility options, unneeded inputs, etc.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 05:34:36 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #13900 on: April 09, 2013, 05:00:28 pm »

Radioactive lesbian prostitutes it is!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #13901 on: April 09, 2013, 09:02:15 pm »

Go to and start up computer. Search 'Battle of Hexbarax'.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13902 on: April 10, 2013, 12:07:20 am »

"Ah. That is quite the problem. Any idea why black people are so bothered by manipulators? Why couldn't they just be chill about them, you know? For that matter, what else bothers them that is in ready availability? It's good to know these things, after all."

Ask.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13903 on: April 10, 2013, 12:42:35 am »

"Well, that was... rather awkward. Hrm."

>Dust self off, retrieve rifle and place her safely in my locker, then go use the bathroom.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13904 on: April 10, 2013, 01:59:41 am »

In, that case, can a book an appointment? I currently am hallucinating a talking sheep with seven horns and seven black eyes with a melting face. It mentioned Bishop even though I never heard of him until now.
"What did he get sent here for anyway? Was it his odd, uh, preferences?"
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 2101