_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5673408 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #13995 on: April 16, 2013, 11:12:49 pm »

Row row, fight the space pope.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #13996 on: April 17, 2013, 02:53:58 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to AM
how expensive would this be?
price check?

((shielding isn't free, and i'm trying to keep the price as low as i can. i'll just suffer with it while i'm in a MK1 suit, but i know i'll need to do something about it if i get a MK2 or MK3))
Well, here's the thing Automanips have a low end cost of about 5-6 tokens. And then there's the 3 or so for the power system, the 3-4 for the magnetic field projectors, and the 2-3 for assembly and misc parts. So it's already not cheap.

"Man, I can't ask you anything fun, can I?"

Sadly party down to rec room, sit down and start singing. Turn on the TV and find some kind of fun cartoon to watch.

You find a cartoon that seems to be about a human trapped in a world of pillow people. He's dancing with a pillow lady right now.

"You know in my world, we only use pillows for bedding."

"We use them for that here too, you know" The lady says, raising an eyebrow.

"HAHAHA...."

Man, kids shows these days get away with a lot.

Continue to melt brain, moving behind him as I do so.
[dex:4]
[jim dex:5]
[jim exo:3+1+1]
Jim crushes your head before you can attempt to melt him again.

These amp duels tend to end rather quickly and violently eh?

((Probably not.))

"That...was...AWESOME!"

Do it again, but give the dinosaurs flight and firebreathing and intelligence and stuff!

You make the dinosaurs into giant glowing lizards that shoot lasers out of their eyes. They Fuck shit up royally.

Get rid of the HRMC fighters.
((Oops. I phrased that wrong.))
The HMRC fighters seem to have already handled that.

You reset the simulation but without the space idiot brigade this time.

Tsk...I knew you would say that someday. But there is no mission starting now...I will make sure to join the next one. So, what do you suggest me to do, besides sparring with the immortal being, for training? A little exercise perhaps? And what is the difference betwen your style and the AM's style of fighting? I know that she is somewhat cautious around you.

Talk to Doc. And to Steve.

Steve, could you take a place for the next mission? I think I've spent too much time on ship already.

He seems to ignore your first question as soon  he hears the second.

"She doesn't have a fighting style I would say. She doesn't get into fights after all. She prefers to stand back and use her amps. Effective, but boring. I prefer to get in close and use kinetic amp studded cudgels to reduce problems to many small pieces. It's a rather effective style, as some in the UWM have noticed. "

>Sure, why not.

Row row, fight the space pope.

Turns out that your attempts to break the unbreakable result in the space pope doing repeated elbow drops on your face while screaming latin.
Oh dear.

"CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE LORD IS COOKING?!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13997 on: April 17, 2013, 03:08:34 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to AM
how expensive would this be?
price check?

((shielding isn't free, and i'm trying to keep the price as low as i can. i'll just suffer with it while i'm in a MK1 suit, but i know i'll need to do something about it if i get a MK2 or MK3))
Well, here's the thing Automanips have a low end cost of about 5-6 tokens. And then there's the 3 or so for the power system, the 3-4 for the magnetic field projectors, and the 2-3 for assembly and misc parts. So it's already not cheap.
O.o
((i'll edit this when i come up with something))
((EDIT: 10 hours later, and i've got nothin. i've got a couple ideas for removing the automanip, but the other sources of the pricetag are too big of a problem for me to handle.))
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 01:06:18 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13998 on: April 17, 2013, 03:14:45 pm »

"~I'm not entirely sure why, but I feel filthy watching this!"

Quick, change the channel! Watch something wholesome.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13999 on: April 17, 2013, 03:24:54 pm »

Punch Space Pope.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14000 on: April 17, 2013, 04:59:44 pm »

Hmm. Approaching velocity is the problem, it seems. Will solve.

Enter Tinker.

Attempt to create a Kinetic Shunt paired up with a system that detects all incoming objects and creates a protective bubble when something is very fast by activating an said Kinetic Shunt, then sending the objects in a direction of the user's choice. Essentially the bullet catcher thing from District 9; automatic rather than activated; works basically like a mixture of a Vector Manipulator and a ... actually just an automated Vector Manipulator.

Modify a Vector Manipulator Amp to automatically detect incoming projectiles by hooking up to the user's suit/something (maybe puts out an electromagnetic wall that detects when an object is moving sufficiently fast to injure user; can also be activated by thought) and halting them, retaining their kinetic energy using Kinetic Shunt tech, and then directs the projectiles toward a direction of the user's choice (indicated by eye movement/blinking), making the projectiles go in that direction with the same velocity they moved toward the user with. To put it succinctly, the bullet catcher thing the mech had in District 9.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 02:13:02 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14001 on: April 17, 2013, 05:08:48 pm »

((@Xantalos: Just to save you a turn, you cannot alter manipulators. Kinetic shunts are manipulators. There are automated manipulators but those can only perform one specific task (ie you cannot alter where the auto manipulator will act, you can only turn it on and off). You could make a system that detects all incoming objects and creates a protective bubble when something is very fast by activating an auto manipulator.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14002 on: April 17, 2013, 05:48:39 pm »

((@Xantalos: Just to save you a turn, you cannot alter manipulators. Kinetic shunts are manipulators. There are automated manipulators but those can only perform one specific task (ie you cannot alter where the auto manipulator will act, you can only turn it on and off). You could make a system that detects all incoming objects and creates a protective bubble when something is very fast by activating an auto manipulator.))
((Edited, thanks.))
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14003 on: April 17, 2013, 06:05:11 pm »

Get bored. Wonder why the OP doesn't contain a list to all the programs, or a link to such a list. Pull up a list of those programs, looking for the ones I haven't tried.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14004 on: April 17, 2013, 06:15:26 pm »

((No, no, no. What I said was only a suggestion. Using it unaltered won't accomplish anything because it is too vague.  You need to ask yourself things like "Am I going to use cameras or some other sensor?" "How will the computer determine what 'too fast' or 'dangerous' means?" "Is the computer also going to detect energy weapons? If yes, how?" "What kind of manipulator am I going to use? Can I use a kinetic auto manipulator to make everything in a bubble around me accelerate away from me? Can I use a vector manipulator to make everything around me reverse its heading? Can I use a gravity manipulator to bend spacetime so that everything, even light, bends around me?" "What happens to the ground below me when the system activates?" "How long does the battery last?" "How large is it?" "How much does it cost?" "Has something like this been built before?" "Can I get something  that doesn't use manipulators and does the same or better job cheaper?"
The last question is usually why auto manipulators aren't used so much. Anyway, tinker is your chance to be creative, so think of the basics of how this system is going to work and tell piecewise about it and he'll help you design it if it's possible and even give the parts to you for free if it's a great idea. He helps tinkerers a lot.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14005 on: April 17, 2013, 06:32:56 pm »

((I will edit it to make it seem more reasonable, but for now I'm kinda busy. Thanks, though.))
Sig! Onol

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #14006 on: April 17, 2013, 08:07:08 pm »

((PW: I can't find your answer to how much armor the Scout Eye could be given without hampering its movement speed substantially.))

A thought occurs to Celeste. "Hmm... Could the Scout Eye perhaps be used for other things if properly equipped?"
Pull up the Scout Eye specs. In addition, pull up 3D models of the Scout Eye, the laser from a hand laser, a coagulant booster capsule, a cutting torch, and the medicine injection port from a suit. Attempt to find spots on the Scout Eye where the following items could be attached without obscuring its vision or hampering its movement (not all at once, of course; one spot for one item, to be used with one Scout Eye):
-The hand laser.
-A slot or container, similar to the slot that a medicine capsule is inserted into on a suit, in which a medicine capsule can be carried and dispensed from.
-A cutting torch.

((I may not be able to have pokemon, but dammit I'm going to have something working at my beck and call!))
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14007 on: April 17, 2013, 08:23:42 pm »

Attempt to create a system that detects all incoming objects and creates a protective bubble when something is very fast by activating an auto manipulator. Essentially the bullet catcher thing from District 9.

((I am reasonably sure such a thing already exists and is available by request in the Armory.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14008 on: April 17, 2013, 08:27:07 pm »

Attempt to create a system that detects all incoming objects and creates a protective bubble when something is very fast by activating an auto manipulator. Essentially the bullet catcher thing from District 9. [/b]
((i suggest looking up the kinetic shunt from the armory list (uncon) ))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14009 on: April 17, 2013, 08:32:07 pm »

Spawn in a random current HRMC member as a spotter. Create camoflague. Line up a shot, then fire on the leader..
Pages: 1 ... 932 933 [934] 935 936 ... 2101