_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 938 939 [940] 941 942 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5673629 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14085 on: April 21, 2013, 02:42:54 pm »

((Can someone describe what the Scout Eye actually looks like to me? I keep imagining this ball with rocket ports and a camera on it, and I doubt that's what it actually looks like.))
((By the description, it's kinda like your typical camcorder crossed with this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpdfoePZ1kg (except maybe with less noise)))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #14086 on: April 21, 2013, 04:17:06 pm »

((Okay, now THAT'S helpful.))
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14087 on: April 21, 2013, 07:22:23 pm »

"Very well, I'll ask the AM first. Come to think of it, I did try to save a copy of the sheep into Tinker but I'm not sure whether or not it worked and I doubt it could tell whether it was an anomaly or not. Though I could show it to Bishop to help verify things I suspect he isn't on the ship right now."
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:26:28 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14088 on: April 21, 2013, 09:34:36 pm »

Pretty expensive, uhn...So if we almost can't afford one, can you teach me a way of fighting against amp users? The mission that I participated had an assassin with a amp, so this would be pretty useful.

Ask
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14089 on: April 22, 2013, 02:50:32 pm »

"Sheep"
"Sheep what now?"

Feyri looked around for any sign of what sheep.

No one here but us chickens.

You see no sheep.
Sing along with this educational program. Learn something in the process, hopefully.

"DON'T USE HANGING PARTICIPLES YOU MOTHER FUCKER! IF YOU DO I'LL FLAY THE SKIN FROM YOUR BONES! THEY MAKE DESCRIPTIVE PHRASES AWKWARD BY UNINTENTIONALLY MODIFYING SUBJECTS! MOTHER FUCKER!"

Curl up on Stacy's lap. Pur.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Huh. For some reason I thought the TV was in the same room Feyri was in.))

"This is stupid. Why are they burning those books?"

Change the channel. Look for something more interesting.
Does screamo school house rock count?

Uh, if I am really in trouble I need to train..
Exit text adventure, enter punch many things.
((The girl shall fall soon..))
You enter punch many things and are squared up against the girl.

Grab her leg and punch her in the crotch. Many times. Once she collapses, punch her in the face. And the throat. Many times.
[dex:5-1]
[girl dex:2]
[str:3-1]
You grab her by the ankle and try to drag her off her feet. But you are somehow to weak to trip a 50 pound girl in pigtails. She asks you if you're this "Faith" person her parents told her to watch out for.

((PW: I can't find your answer to how much armor the Scout Eye could be given without hampering its movement speed substantially.))

A thought occurs to Celeste. "Hmm... Could the Scout Eye perhaps be used for other things if properly equipped?"
Pull up the Scout Eye specs. In addition, pull up 3D models of the Scout Eye, the laser from a hand laser, a coagulant booster capsule, a cutting torch, and the medicine injection port from a suit. Attempt to find spots on the Scout Eye where the following items could be attached without obscuring its vision or hampering its movement (not all at once, of course; one spot for one item, to be used with one Scout Eye):
-The hand laser.
-A slot or container, similar to the slot that a medicine capsule is inserted into on a suit, in which a medicine capsule can be carried and dispensed from.
-A cutting torch.

((I may not be able to have pokemon, but dammit I'm going to have something working at my beck and call!))
Making yourself a drone eh? Well, I can tell you that it can't really be armored if you attach all this stuff to it; unless of course you increase the force of it's thrusters. But your plans of a cutting, med dispensing, weak laser firing drone work fine. Easily even.
((That's why I clarified that it would be one of the following per drone. So, let me re-phrase: Would adding armor and any one of the above listed be possible?))
((Maybe I'm just blind, but I didn't see a response to this. :c))
Yeah, sorry, I missed it. Make sure to Bold stuff you want for me to see, just in case. My eyes aren't great and there are lots of posts to look over so I tend to skim.

Now, as per what you're asking, yeah, sure. Adding armor to any of those "Single tool" drones would be quite doable. Keep in mind this won't make them invincible or anything, but it will stop them from exploding whenever they bump into things.

Count out the amount of enemies and what they're equipped with. Then tine up a shot on the rocket launcher guy.
Milno Counts 12 of them, most armed with light armaments- laser rifles, gauss guns, that sort of thing- and a few with melee weapons and one with the rocket launcher.

You line the sights up on the guy with the rocket launcher and watch as he sort of mills around, rocket launcher slung on his back.

"You know." Milno says "The explosives in the rockets might detonate if you hit them with a shot. That would be pretty funny."

Charles quickly surveys the room upon hearing Lyra's statement.

You don't see any sheep, at least not anymore. Hmm, maybe she's telling you to steal second?

"Hmm, must be just you, huh?" Feyri said to Lyra.
Lean my head slightly farther sideways than before.
"So tell me Charles...if my speech bothered you, what sheep is that anyway? The fluffy wooly kind that eats grass or the ones which manage to produce milk?"
"I guess, except it talked, had seven solid black eyes and it's face looked like it was melting."
Frown slightly then go back to a neutral expresion. look down at Charles' feet for one second, then back up and over to Feyri.
What do Charles' shoes look like, and how dirty/damaged are they?
((I hate this kind of thing, where i need to ask for information from the GM about what i'm seeing, but simply by asking the question i'm giving away information.))
((later action: follow Feyri))
His shoes? I don't think he's even wearing shoes. No one around here is wearing shoes unless they're wearing their suit or asked for them specially. Also His feet don't look especially dirty.

((Can someone describe what the Scout Eye actually looks like to me? I keep imagining this ball with rocket ports and a camera on it, and I doubt that's what it actually looks like.))

Spawn these things off a short distance to the side for testing purposes later on:
-a hollow iron crate, 10 feet3 in size with 6-inch thick walls
-a training dummy (human shaped)
Pull up a holographic screen with information on common materials used for armor; a second holographic screen with information on the Scout Eye's rockets; and a third screen with information on programming AI.

There are lots of materials used in armors; so many that a simple list is probably gonna be unhelpful. But I'm guessing you want something that is a good mix of light and relatively strong?

The scouteye's rockets are of two types, the maneuvering ones and the main thrust ones. Most of them are small maneuvering rockets, while the two main ones are on the back and bottom respectively, to enable high speed forward movement and hovering. The maneuvering ones are liquid fueled and rely on an internal tank in the rocket itself; further they fire in microsecond bursts rather then sustained burns to conserve fuel. The main rockets are much the same, but their fuel reserves are attached to small tanks outside them and they do sustained burns.

AI programming for something like, say, making the drone follow you and respond to voice commands?

Pretty expensive, uhn...So if we almost can't afford one, can you teach me a way of fighting against amp users? The mission that I participated had an assassin with a amp, so this would be pretty useful.

Ask

"Stealth is best. They can't attack you if they don't know you're there. Beyond that, speed. Amp and Manipulator users target areas, not objects, and if you move quickly, they will have a hard time pinning you down.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14090 on: April 22, 2013, 02:57:10 pm »

She has a gender.

GROIN PAWNCH
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14091 on: April 22, 2013, 04:15:52 pm »

She asks you if you're this "Faith" person her parents told her to watch out for.

(The fact this is now in VR is probably the best thing ever.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14092 on: April 22, 2013, 05:35:32 pm »

(Indeed.)

Try to change the channel. If I can't find anything better, head to the VR room and fire up Punch Many Things.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14093 on: April 22, 2013, 06:28:56 pm »

Do so. Nail him wherever he keeps ammunition.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14094 on: April 22, 2013, 06:36:21 pm »

She asks you if you're this "Faith" person her parents told her to watch out for.
((Faith is officially a molester.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14095 on: April 22, 2013, 08:50:39 pm »

I wonder if looking through the world via a Mk suit's visor would help me differentiate between reality and delusion, after all, my hallucinations are rather consistent, thus if an image isn't affected by the filter, it would be a hallucination...
Charles goes to get his Mk suit taking note of any hallucinations he sees. He puts on the Mk suit with the faceplate down, he returns to his previous position noting any differences in any hallucination he sees.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14096 on: April 22, 2013, 09:27:04 pm »

(((Only now?)))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14097 on: April 22, 2013, 09:31:44 pm »

(((Only now?)))
((She wasn't officially recognized as one by an NPC until now.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14098 on: April 22, 2013, 11:24:57 pm »

Pay no attention to the strange person in my lap. Change the channel to something news-related.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14099 on: April 23, 2013, 01:45:22 am »

"Sorry about this."
Crack Knuckles, punch her face.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?
Pages: 1 ... 938 939 [940] 941 942 ... 2101