_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5672803 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14160 on: April 26, 2013, 05:34:15 pm »

((Avatar, as in forum avatar, as in the picture that goes below my username, as in something that helps to distinguish somebody posting and the only thing that we have for a face. Goddamn you Parisbre, I didn't even think about the in-game Avatar. Just so out of place with my character, and so far out of reach, it even sounds ridiculous.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14161 on: April 26, 2013, 05:57:54 pm »

((Avatar, as in forum avatar, as in the picture that goes below my username, as in something that helps to distinguish somebody posting and the only thing that we have for a face. Goddamn you Parisbre, I didn't even think about the in-game Avatar. Just so out of place with my character, and so far out of reach, it even sounds ridiculous.))
((Oh. I thought about that, but then I thought "Why would he want to talk to us about his forum avatar?" I mean, avatars are supposed to be something personal, something you find beutiful or inspiring or funny or something that says something about you. What could we possibly help you with your forum avatar? And why did you choose those exact words, without giving any specifics or asking any additional questions?))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14162 on: April 26, 2013, 06:15:55 pm »

((Those specific words? A case of bad judgement? And I dunno what avatars are supposed to mean, but to me in this specific situation it is supposed to represent Vich, since I've created this account specifically for playing this game. And I can't say I'm very good at finding pictures that I like that would represent my character. So yeah, an avatar that would make you think of the selfish bastard I am playing. Hope that makes it clearer.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14163 on: April 27, 2013, 08:03:09 pm »

((PW: I don't know what's in the save. Charles tried to save the sheep into it but isn't sure if he succeeded or not, so I don't know what's in it either until he enters the save.))
"Listen man, I understand this is inconvenient, but I got a job to do. I have a very specific contract: Babble cryptic crap at this Bishop guy. So if you don't need me for anything I'll be on my way."
"Contract?"
Charles paled, fragments of recent memory piecing together. This longer seemed like a delusion.
"What are you exactly? You mentioned appearing to the wrong insane person, if what you're saying is true, then you are not a normal hallucination as people who have never even met usually don't perceive the exact same delusion. What was the other party involved in the contract? How does it benefit from you giving this person cryptic messages and how did you end up with me?"
Charles saves the sim with the image of the Sheep in it and looks for the Doctor.
((Congratulations Piecewise, you've succeeded in making me think up of conspiracy theories involving talking sheep.))

Oh,in that case you don't see anything. VR didn't capture images of your own hallucinations. Crazy man.

Begin dragging the laser around inside the smoke. Just hold down the trigger and wave the barrel where they used to be.
You hold the trigger down and sweep the beam back and forth amongst the smoke.

"I think you probably got em." Milno says, leaning back from the spotters monocular.

((I've been planning this--on and on, mostly off--for weeks.))

"Where's the guy I'm supposed to punch? Oh, look, a little girl!"

Go hug the girl to incapacitate her with confusion, cooties, and/or a hug.

((If Defeat == Friendship, surely Friendship == Defeat?))
You attempt to hug the little girl. She sort of backpedals and reaches for the mace.

Interesting. Who are you?
"I'm an artificial construct created and coded by the good people at PRODUCTION COMPANY WITHHELD"

Sing Jersey Shore theme song. If there isn't one, invent one. Keep watching the screen. Intently.
You have the uncanny feeling that every turn spent watching this show will result in losing one point of intelligence. Even into the negatives.

"You know your alright, you have a name?"
Don't drop my guard, counter-attack her next move.
"My name is OPPONENT 1-A"
She screams the last part in a deep man's voice. OOoooook.

((So the Tinker system needs me to be specific to really get anywhere, huh? All right then. I can do specific. Oh, can I ever.
Designation system: A#Mx. # is thickness of armor times 2. x is material, abbreviated to 1 letter. These are so it's easy to type up the name for each in your reply, Piecewise. You're welcome.))

Set the screen with AI information to the side for later. "Have to get the Eyes' designs functioning first..."
((The plan is to eventually give the Eyes a full AI in the sense of self-learning, self-thinking, emotion-having AI, capable of acting on its own if Celeste is incapacitated or otherwise unable to direct it. The Eyes will share one collective AI, which will be contained separately from the eyes; the eyes themselves will only have rudimentary self-sufficient functions in case they lose connection with the main control center. The best way I can think to describe it is that each Eye will be like a "hand" with the control center acting as the "brain"; in the same way that we can control the parts of our body independently, the control center will be able to individually control the Eyes. Obviously the 3 laws will have to be implemented in some fashion, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.))

Examine an Eye more closely. Look for any specific details to keep in mind while armoring and equipping, as well as any less obvious functions that may be useful. Take note of these prior to testing armor and equipment.

Leave one Eye unarmored as a control. Designation A0M0.

Give one Eye 7068 aluminum alloy, 0.5 inches thick, making sure not to obstruct the rocket ports. Designation A1MA.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 1 inch. Designation A2MA.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 1.5 inches. Designation A3MA.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 2 inches. Designation A4MA.

Give one Eye titanium aluminide plating, 0.5 inches thick, making sure not to obstruct the rocket ports. Designation A1MM.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 1 inch. Designation A2MM.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 1.5 inches. Designation A3MM.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 2 inches. Designation A4MM.

Give one Eye grade 38 titanium alloy plating, 0.5 inches thick, making sure not to obstruct the rocket ports. Designation A1MT.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 1 inch. Designation A2MT.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 1.5 inches. Designation A3MT.
Repeat armoring with another Eye, at 2 inches. Designation A4MT.

Test mobility and top speed of each Eye. Record results.
Test durability of each by simulating an impact equivalent to crashing into a surface at 10MPH. Examine each Eye's armor, then remove armor and examine each Eye for damage. Record results. Undo any damage sustained to the Eyes and their armors, completely respawning the Eyes as needed, then reattach their respective armors.
Repeat testing/recording/repairing process, increasing impact speed simulation by 10MPH each time, until none of the Eyes survive the impact. Record each Eye's maximum durability.

I'll be frank with you, I don't have enough time right now to look through those substances, but here's the bare bones:
The lightest one of them will be best because, in reality, unless there is a massive difference in the robustness of the armor, thats not really gonna effect much. At 10 mph they'll all survive, but I'd say that the max you're gonna get em upto without doing damage is like 80. Even with good armor that kind of speed is gonna start damaging internal components in ways that armor won't protect against. You'd need some sort of padding to help with that. Top speeds shouldn't be that noticeably influenced as long as the weight of the armor doesn't go over  like 10-15 pounds. And it will drop off sharply after it reaches that threshold. 

And yeah, each eye has little robot legs to run around on, but they're sealed normally. Consider yourself privy to that information now.

(( I was kinda hoping someone else would post before I got back. So sorry for the double post...))

Recover from any sort of SPACE grogginess. Shake off SPACE stasis goo. Collect the SPACE clothes from the SPACE box.

*Looks around* "So, uh...Where's the SPACE welcome party?"
You get your SPACE clothing and hack up the SPACE goo. Oh dear, there's so much space in space, you hope you don't get lost in space.

SPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14164 on: April 27, 2013, 08:18:39 pm »

The Holy Roman Empire.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14165 on: April 27, 2013, 08:43:27 pm »

Bite her to death.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14166 on: April 27, 2013, 10:40:50 pm »

"Hi! How are you? I'm Grate."

Delay fighting by acting nice.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14167 on: April 27, 2013, 11:16:33 pm »

Change locations, observe again.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14168 on: April 28, 2013, 01:20:31 am »

hold my hands behind my back and Follow Feyri.
still doing this
same time, same place, same plan
I have a plan. It may be the exact same thing as last time, but it's my plan and i like it.
The epic tale of me silently following Feyri around with my hands behind my back shall continue!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14169 on: April 28, 2013, 02:52:26 am »

Change the channel to something non-degenerative, then. Walk off to VR, enter it. Check how many seasons and spinoffs Jersey Shore has. Download them all onto my wristpad if possible. If not possible, obtain as many datapads as needed and download them all onto those. Also, get three bottles of Xeno Spit. Sing a happy work song while doing all this.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14170 on: April 28, 2013, 07:17:20 am »

Charles exits the VR.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Feldrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14171 on: April 28, 2013, 08:13:40 am »

Get dressed, find SPACE door out of SPACE barrack. Slyly poke SPACE head out.

"Anbody home? Seriously shouldn't someone have come to check on me by now? Like... A SPACE alarm went off somwhere telling you guys I'm awake.... I'm talking to mySPACEself right now, aren't I?"
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:17:25 am by Feldrain »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14172 on: April 28, 2013, 10:50:09 am »

hold my hands behind my back and Follow Feyri.
still doing this
same time, same place, same plan
I have a plan. It may be the exact same thing as last time, but it's my plan and i like it.
The epic tale of me silently following Feyri around with my hands behind my back shall continue!
You know Albert Einstein's definition of insanity, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14173 on: April 29, 2013, 01:18:22 am »

"Come on, people fear you, they have faced you and interacted with you, surely you are more than that now."
Still ready to counter attack.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14174 on: April 29, 2013, 01:56:58 am »

You know Albert Einstein's definition of insanity, right?
((did i ever claim to be sane?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 943 944 [945] 946 947 ... 2101