_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732221 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14205 on: April 30, 2013, 03:44:55 am »

Charles searches through the functions of his Mk Suit, specifically searching for anything that records neurological activity or anything similar. If May harasses him, he will try and convince her to use some anti-psychotics from the infirmary.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:49:05 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14206 on: April 30, 2013, 09:51:50 am »

You know Albert Einstein's definition of insanity, right?
((did i ever claim to be sane?))
((No. You're awesome. And that's that.))

Feyri looked at Lyra, guessing Charles was busy in his own special way now that the sheep problem was at hand.

She moved on towards the Armory, checking back on her friend and asked the AM.

"Hello ma'am, is there any device in the armory that could project a person's thoughts into real-time? Like, a hat when worn, would project the current most dominant thought of the person as a hologram?

"Failing that, what did...err, that cockroach-man thing's communicator cost? The one which helps the mute, or communication-disabled? Victor, was it?"

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14207 on: April 30, 2013, 11:56:10 am »

I will try some of her training then...I know that someday I will have to get out of my flesh, like you must have done, but, for now, I have to use my humanity the best I can.

Just for information, do you have any kind of alteration that makes a person learn faster? And what kind of alterations would you you do to me if I accepted? Would I have to fight your Robot Lukas?

Ask.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14208 on: April 30, 2013, 04:40:48 pm »

Feyri looked at Lyra.

"Hello ma'am, is there any device in the armory that could project a person's thoughts into real-time? Like, a hat when worn, would project the current most dominant thought of the person as a hologram?

"Failing that, what did...err, that cockroach-man thing's communicator cost? The one which helps the mute, or communication-disabled? Victor, was it?"

Tilt my head to the right, then reach out and tap Feyri on her right arm with my right hand's index finger four times. When she turns to look at me return my hand to behind my back and reclasp them as I close my eyes and shake my head horizontally three times, look down afterwards. Leave my eyes closed and begin breathing more slowly and deeply.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:17:12 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14209 on: April 30, 2013, 09:07:49 pm »

((Yeah, I might have exaggerated a bit, but I think the point stands. Regarding the lethal force, you have to remember if you're using tools. Barehanded? I'm not so sure. Oh, and another thing. Training would be Uncon, not Strength. And there is such a thing that at a certain age there is only so much you can be trained.))
((Tell that to Hit Girl.
In fact, you know what, that is this girl. The Little Girl is Hit Girl.))
((To the TV Tropes WMG page!))

((Oh, and hey, he's moving again!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14210 on: May 01, 2013, 02:58:22 am »

((?? ??? ??))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14211 on: May 01, 2013, 11:58:02 am »

Get some painting supplies from Sandy. Paint a vivid scene from the Jersey Shore on one of the hallway walls to frighten away the evil spirits. Make sure to use lots of brownish-orange (brorange?). Sing while working.

You paint an image not unlike the last supper, though it consists mostly of strange looking orange people with spiky hair and punchably smug faces. They are aglow with unwarranted self confidence and narcissistic adoration.

You feel slightly sick to your stomach.

"Well as this is my first time with this thing i don't think I'm addicted, but I don't see why I would want to be out there where I have a 4 in 10 chance in dying in the next few days, lets get this other with then."
FINISH HER!
[dex:6]
[lg dex:4]
[dex:1]
Your punch wiffs and you spin like a top, tripping over your own feet and falling face first to the ground. The girl squats down next to you and pokes you a few times.

((I don't think a giant killer robot against a little girl counts as a "fair fight".))

((Oh, and she was programmed to deal with hugs but not people trying to be nice?))

"Huh. Um...I know! I'll go show you something!"

Grab the little girl's hand, and start looking around for somewhere to go to.

(I'm gonna be an ass here.)

[dex:4]
You grab her by the thumb and she gives you a strange look.

Also you appear to be in one of these infinite white voids that VR makers seem to like so much.

((Oh, and she was programmed to deal with hugs but not people trying to be nice?))
((Considering that some of the inmates are known to behave... inappropriately, I think including the ability to deal with physical interaction was a very sensible design choice, especially in this scenario where close proximity with inmates is guaranteed.))

I believe they're called "Faith Protocols".
Ignore SPACE voice's ominous welcome. (Sounds like a SPACE douche anyway) Read SPACE signs. Figure out where to go.

((Kinda weighing the idea that whenever Seth says "SPACE" he spazes out and screams it at the top of his lungs. This would of course make impossible to be stealthy. Rule of funny?))

The signs speak of distance locals such as the armory, the mess/rec room and the Infirmary. Such a mystical land you have found yourself in; surely full of strange and wonderful creatures.

Continue to punch her.

((At this point I just think her dice are ridiculously lucky.))

And/or rigged. Probably not.

(Pretty much. There's nothing special about her other then that she has no negatives. People just keep rolling poorly, much to my delight. )

[dex:1-1]
[lg dex:5]
You pass out and drop into a coma through shear inactivity. It's kinda impressive...in a really fucked up way.

Go find someone. Remove their pants. Run away.
You remove your own pants, attempt to run away, and end up tripping and falling on the ground. You then proceed to slither around on the ground like brain damaged snake.

(("...when fighting children..."

Hey, Grate's a child!))
((Let's be fair, you shouldn't be able to defeat anyone here. And even if you put 10 points into Str, you should still go down before a 0 Str adult, not have a huge advantage. Now, I'm not judging the system, or whether it is good or bad, but I am making a statement. Grate and that girl are both overpowered for their age.))
Actually, when it comes to many things I do make concessions. For instance, even if jim rolls a 3 on str for punching someone, he'll probably still break bones. I just don't do much of that between two normal humans, regardless of age. Mostly because then I would have to figure out what age has "Optimal fist power" and then anyone younger or older would take negatives. Such as old man Vich, or teenager Milno.

Charles searches through the functions of his Mk Suit, specifically searching for anything that records neurological activity or anything similar. If May harasses him, he will try and convince her to use some anti-psychotics from the infirmary.
Nothing like that in there. When it comes to MK I's you're lucky if their lights turn on.

See, it was intended that, should electrical power be needed, that the user of the MK I would remove their lamps and then attach the wires to whatever needed power in order to power it using the suit's generator. Thats why the suit lets you control the amount of power going into the lamps, even though putting more then like 120% will cause the lamps to break. So people break their lamps rather often, fucking around with those settings.

You know Albert Einstein's definition of insanity, right?
((did i ever claim to be sane?))
((No. You're awesome. And that's that.))

Feyri looked at Lyra, guessing Charles was busy in his own special way now that the sheep problem was at hand.

"Eh, suppose such a thing is possible though projecting a stream of consciousness video is probably gonna be more confusing then anything. Also I can tell you for sure that it will include images of you naked in it. Always does. Unconscious thing people do, undressing others. "

She shrugs

"Oh and that thing would cost...like a token. I can give it to ya cheap, though there's a bit of surgery involved in getting it to work."

I will try some of her training then...I know that someday I will have to get out of my flesh, like you must have done, but, for now, I have to use my humanity the best I can.

Just for information, do you have any kind of alteration that makes a person learn faster? And what kind of alterations would you you do to me if I accepted? Would I have to fight your Robot Lukas?

Ask.
"No. Lukas is a pet project. Minion of sorts. Useful. And making you learn faster would require modifying your brain. Effects on personality unknown. You could become...very different. And alterations would be to make your body able to keep up with your mind. Right now you think quickly, but move slowly. Useful, but not the best."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14212 on: May 01, 2013, 12:45:11 pm »

Head over to the armory, singing cheerfully. Paint a mural featuring field manipulators and amps next to the Armory Kiosk, including information on what they do (make sure to include the words "Space Magic"), how they differ, how asking too many questions about them is highly unhealthy and how overloading them is a very, very bad idea (feature images of big explosions and dying people). Make it informative, make it cheery, make it useful! Make it so that all this knowledge is accessible to the masses!

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #14213 on: May 01, 2013, 01:53:25 pm »

"Not my best moment..."
Leg sweep!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14214 on: May 01, 2013, 04:49:10 pm »

Quote from: AM
"...Unconscious thing people do, undressing others..."

Feyri blinked. And analyzed her own thought process...nope. Not one thing on her mind to ever do.

Lyra's suggestion was more of the turning point however, "I'm just curious, thanks ma'am. Curious if that thing was remotely possible, in the least."

Seeing Lyra's reaction, she turned from the AM and faced her, "You're...not ok with it, huh. Well...I've to admit, its hard sometimes for me to understand what's up there, but I guess it's just me and my preference to use words more. Do you want to do anything?"

[ACTION MOVED FURTHER ON]
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 08:19:04 pm by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14215 on: May 01, 2013, 04:55:49 pm »

((?? ??? ??))
((You were standing around, waiting for Feyri to do something you could follow, for several turns.))

"Hm. I was expecting there would be more stuff. But, c'mon, let's go look around!"
Lead the little girl in the direction of the most-interesting featureless white void!

(This is lots of fun, even if in the end I end up with absolutely nothing. I can't imagine that piecewise imagined anything like this happening in the Punch Many Things program...which is probably part of why it's so fun!)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14216 on: May 01, 2013, 05:32:03 pm »

((?? ??? ??))
((You were standing around, waiting for Feyri to do something you could follow, for several turns.))
((both Feyri and Lyra are female, which left me confused who you were talking about))

Quote from: AM
"...Unconscious thing people do, undressing others..."

Feyri blinked.

"I'm just curious, thanks ma'am. Curious if that thing was remotely possible, in the least."

She turned from the AM and faced Lyra, "You're...not ok with it, huh. Well...I've to admit, its hard sometimes for me to understand what's up there, but I guess it's just me and my preference to use words more. Do you want to do anything?"

Also, if Stacy comes by, inquire as to what he's doing and how he is--then check the paintings he did and how they look like.
"I, no, I..."
swallow
"I...Fear"
open my eyes and look up at Feyri
"I fear. I..."
Close my eyes as i shake my head horizontally twice, open them afterwards and make eye contact with Feyri again.
"I, must, face, my, fear."
shift my eyes to look to my left for two seconds, then bolt forward and hug Feyri again. release her after three seconds, back up a couple steps, and hold my hands behind my back again. look down at her feet, my breathing a little ragged.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14217 on: May 01, 2013, 05:38:01 pm »

((That imagery is awesome. Non-third person narrative is awesome, thanks to you :P

Or maybe its just how I read and visualize things, huh.))

Feyri viewed the scene with surprise. It was...a fear of all things?

She returned Lyra's hug even after she withdrawn. "Sorry Lyra. I didn't know...I'm here for you if you need anything."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14218 on: May 01, 2013, 05:46:07 pm »

still facing downwards, still a breathing a little raggedly, still twitching ever so slightly, make a small smile.
shift my weight back and forth between my feet at a rate of one shift every second for a period of four seconds as my smile slowly returns to normal. afterwards look up at Feyri, close my eyes for a single sharp nod, reopening afterwards. allow my gaze to shift to going over her shoulder while i continue to shift my weight back and forth, at a rate of one shift every half second.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14219 on: May 01, 2013, 05:59:34 pm »

((Feyri is a good surrogate big sister.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 2101