_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732172 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14235 on: May 02, 2013, 05:09:07 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
Normal it's just sound and vision, although it also pumps you full of a blend of drugs that put you in what could be described as a "suggestive" state. In otherwords, it doesn't supply nerve stimulation, it just uses drugs to induce a psychosomatic sense effect .
((Jim and Feyri used a different system, some kind of neural interface.))
((Edit: Found it.))
Quote from: piecewise
Quote from: Tiruin
"Oh, hmm. Then you've only seen most things by simulation? Steve! Is it possible to create a realistic experience in the VR? Meaning including the surrounding landscape as well as fully sync'ing up our bodies in reality to it?"
>Sure. There's a nerve stimulation system built into the VR. Just activate it using the button marked NS. It's on the side of the console. Then Just lay back in the chair. It should allow you to feel anything your VR avatar is feeling.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:17:51 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14236 on: May 02, 2013, 05:16:41 pm »

((oh, *shrugs*, i suppose it's possible then, but i don't think it's very likely. he doesn't have access to their brains or memories after all.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Feldrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14237 on: May 02, 2013, 05:47:05 pm »

Cartwheel to the SPACE rec room.

((The Scooby-doo Space Stoner was kind of my original idea for Seth. I ixnayed the idea after thinking I wouldn't be clever enough to pull it off for long...))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14238 on: May 02, 2013, 06:14:45 pm »

Head over to the armory, singing cheerfully. Paint a mural featuring field manipulators and amps next to the Armory Kiosk, including information on what they do (make sure to include the words "Space Magic"), how they differ, how asking too many questions about them is highly unhealthy and how overloading them is a very, very bad idea (feature images of big explosions and dying people). Make it informative, make it cheery, make it useful! Make it so that all this knowledge is accessible to the masses!
You paint a breath taking mural and entitle it "An idiot's guide to space magic".

"Not my best moment..."
Leg sweep!
[dex:1+1]
[lg dex:3]
[lg dex:2]
[dex:6]
[str:3]
You sweep the leg and cause the girl to sort of stumble. A little bit.

((Oh, and hey, he's moving again!))
((?? ??? ??))
((You were standing around, waiting for Feyri to do something you could follow, for several turns.))

"Hm. I was expecting there would be more stuff. But, c'mon, let's go look around!"
Lead the little girl in the direction of the most-interesting featureless white void!

(This is lots of fun, even if in the end I end up with absolutely nothing. I can't imagine that piecewise imagined anything like this happening in the Punch Many Things program...which is probably part of why it's so fun!)

"Here, we'll have the picnic over here! This part of the perfectly featureless, white expanse of nothingness looks particularly welcoming for some reason! Maybe just because I'm delirious from an allergic reaction to the stimulant chemicals. Oh well."

((That imagery is awesome. Non-third person narrative is awesome, thanks to you :P

Or maybe its just how I read and visualize things, huh.))

Feyri viewed the scene with surprise. It was...a fear of all things?

She returned Lyra's hug even after she withdrawn. "Sorry Lyra. I didn't know...I'm here for you if you need anything."

And thus did Feyri secure the third member in Jim's long awaited threesome.

((After viewing the past 2 pages, I think Lenglon's character is well on their way to replacing me as PW's science headache of this game.

I must not let this happen. Note to self, once back on the ship: Ignore missions for a while. There is Science to be done. And a minor conversation with Der Doktor.))
((Lenglon is fun! :P Also what page format do you use? Not the usual forum one, huh. Answer it in another post which isn't OOC specifically, thanks!))
((Feyri is a good surrogate big sister.))
((Indeed))
:') Thanks.

"You aren't alone in this, Lyra. You aren't alone..." Feyri said, holding her friend by the shoulders as she looked into her eyes, before returning back to her usual posture and decided to ask something that was on her mind earlier.

"Ma'am, is it possible to augment the MKIII suit in terms of mobility? As in, minor aids in bodily kinesthetics--dodging or causing a detriment to any accuracy from a shooter or gunman? Meaning, is it possible to refit the MKIII to use its rocket fuel as auxiliary, miniature boosters to achieve this? [+ to Dexterity?]"

Inquire @ AM

Also, if Stacy comes by, inquire as to what he's doing and how he is--then check the paintings he did and how they look like.

"Already got something like that. Exaggerated movement mode of sorts. Burns fuel like crazy but you can jet around like greased ice on a airhockey table."

Wake up.
Aah! Abomination! Abomination! WHY ARE YOU MOVING AND BREATHING AND GIVING OFF HEAT YOU UNNATURAL THING?!

Charge up at her and punch her to death while panicked.
You wake up. You're half in the VR chair, half falling out of it, with a collection of drool puddling across the ground.

Shoot those dudes.
They're dead jim. Unless I forgot something...yeah they're probably dead.

((After viewing the past 2 pages, I think Lenglon's character is well on their way to replacing me as PW's science headache of this game.

I must not let this happen. Note to self, once back on the ship: Ignore missions for a while. There is Science to be done. And a minor conversation with Der Doktor.))
((hehe, you have a stronger science background than me by far, I'm just stubborn, and once I decide what I want, I will figure out a way to get it. still, you should have no fear of me replacing you. I currently only have one (tinker mode) objective, and it is that fireball device.))

((I had actually never connected you with "Lyra," and had always imagined your character as a guy for some reason.))
((I have no response to this))

"You aren't alone in this, Lyra. You aren't alone..." Feyri said, holding her friend by the shoulders as she looked into her eyes, before returning back to her usual posture.

"Ma'am, is it possible to augment the MKIII suit in terms of mobility? As in, minor aids in bodily kinesthetics--dodging or causing a detriment to any accuracy from a shooter or gunman? Meaning, is it possible to refit the MKIII to use its rocket fuel as auxiliary, miniature boosters to achieve this? [+ to Dexterity?]"

Inquire @ AM

Also, if Stacy comes by, inquire as to what he's doing and how he is--then check the paintings he did and how they look like.

Close my eyes while Feyri is holding my shoulder, open them again when she lets go. look to my right.

what do I smell?
A combination of good intent, heroism, misunderstandings and an unfortunate habit of being gutted. And vanilla.

Huh, come to think of it, I always wanted to see the effects of subliminal messages to people in VR...
Charles tries to randomly influence what people in the VR machines perceive by subtly manipulating their subconscious

Sorry Professor Xavier, but no dice on your brain control experiments. 

I'm gonna read the whole thing all over again. You guys probably won't see me for a while

God speed, you mad bastard.

Charles tries to randomly influence what people in the VR machines perceive by subtly manipulating their subconscious
((Oh boy, this is gonna be a thing, isn't it?))

"Hmm... Maybe if I used some kind of shock absorber... I'll look into that later. For now, aluminum it is."
Starting with the offensive Eye: design a retractable pivot for the laser to be attached to.
How advanced we talking here? Just like straight up down, left right movement or you want this thing to be able to move freely, like on a triple gimbal?

Cartwheel to the SPACE rec room.

((The Scooby-doo Space Stoner was kind of my original idea for Seth. I ixnayed the idea after thinking I wouldn't be clever enough to pull it off for long...))
Cartwheels remind me of wheelie skeletons. The horror.

You cartwheel your way down the hall like a goddamn idiot on pixie sticks and, after a handful of times bouncing into the walls, make it through the door and promptly spin out and crash into a table.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14239 on: May 02, 2013, 06:19:06 pm »

Leave VR, go watch some television. Hopefully, jello wrestling.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14240 on: May 02, 2013, 06:24:45 pm »

Go cuddle with Thomas.

"Hey~...Do you like cat-girls?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14241 on: May 02, 2013, 06:43:25 pm »

Stay back!

Xan jumps up from the chair and backs away from the others, keeping his eye on all of them.

You will stay away. Do not move until I am gone. If you do move, I will kill you. Staybackstaybackstaybackstaybackstaybackstayback

Back away slowly, into the next room. Fry anyone who makes any sudden movements or approaches me.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 12:50:42 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14242 on: May 02, 2013, 09:41:31 pm »

((...Okay, the GM's resorting to simple random silly dialogue. I need something creative, FAST. Suggestions?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14243 on: May 02, 2013, 10:39:07 pm »

((the GM is refusing to add content where he has clearly marked there is no content. Somehow I am not surprised by this. If you're determined to continue trying to break the girl, I suggest you continue interacting with her in a non-hostile way. aka, TALK TO HER.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14244 on: May 02, 2013, 11:22:26 pm »

Go cuddle with Thomas.

"Hey~...Do you like cat-girls?"
"Well, I umm... I don't know. I don't even know what a catgirl is, so, maybe if I knew what they were, I'd be able to tell you?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: May 03, 2013, 12:13:02 am »

Cartwheels remind me of wheelie skeletons. The horror.
((Goddamn wheelie skeletons.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: May 03, 2013, 12:57:15 am »

Get back into uncontrollable dancing mode. Step over to Sandy.

"Excuse me, Sandy, but has anyone ever overloaded anything other than a microwave amp or manipulator? Or is it just too prohibitively expensive to attempt?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14247 on: May 03, 2013, 06:31:00 am »

((the GM is refusing to add content where he has clearly marked there is no content. Somehow I am not surprised by this. If you're determined to continue trying to break the girl, I suggest you continue interacting with her in a non-hostile way. aka, TALK TO HER.))
((Didn't I already try this? I thought I had. Or did I just skip from hugs to leading her around?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14248 on: May 03, 2013, 06:47:36 am »

((Didn't I already try this? I thought I had. Or did I just skip from hugs to leading her around?))
Spoiler: Grate's past (click to show/hide)
((look, not for her reaction, but for her lack of a reaction. notice that PW didn't make an opposed dex roll when you tried to grab her hand. talking worked, keep it up))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 06:50:13 am by Lenglon »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14249 on: May 03, 2013, 06:55:25 am »

"On second thought, the delirious semi-comatose guy seems more interesting."
Charles tries to persuade Xan to calm down.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 2101