_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 955 956 [957] 958 959 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5672952 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14340 on: May 09, 2013, 12:02:26 am »

((Better hope that either Disney starts revealing the new star wars film titles or Feyri starts moving again...))
((Someone kill me, or school work will. I collapsed yesterday in my room and actually left the laptop on because of fatigue... ;_;

Sorry Lenglon!!))

From here.

Feyri pondered on the response. How can something volatile--something dealing with evaporation at normal temperature and pressure--be so heavy? That would be very much a hassle given the requirements of someone using a jetpack.

"Did you mean Flammable, ma'am?" she replied, "As in, even our technology didn't think of fuel patches--something..convenient and practical?"

Inquire, then examine Lyra.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14341 on: May 09, 2013, 12:07:21 am »

(Jeez. O.o Take care, Tir...)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14342 on: May 09, 2013, 01:12:25 am »

Shrug once when Feyri attempts to make eye contact.

((It's perfectly fine Tiruin, dont worry. I know what it's like, and have done that myself many times. at least you made it to your room and didn't fall on the floor. School comes first, always.))
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:19:07 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #14343 on: May 09, 2013, 06:24:58 am »

((If we have been active for 120 years then why haven't people died of old age? or is the timescale for us different than the rest of the universe?))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14344 on: May 09, 2013, 06:44:47 am »

(( :o Wait ...WTF!?  Just what has happened? What kind of roll was that?))

Oh shit...

Get away from Bruce. Activate BT mode. Prepare to avoid any incoming atacks.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14345 on: May 09, 2013, 06:54:32 am »

((If we have been active for 120 years then why haven't people died of old age? or is the timescale for us different than the rest of the universe?))

((Its the way to FTL works. Kinda has the same effect as time dilation.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14346 on: May 09, 2013, 06:57:21 am »

((Its the way to FTL works. Kinda has the same effect as time dilation.))
((And we were in stasis for those subjective years, however many of them they were, so for us it doesn't seem like more then a few days since the day we were captured shipped to the HMRC.))
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:22:11 am by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14347 on: May 09, 2013, 08:38:52 am »

* Tiruin gestures around in a general manner.
"Stasis. Cell Growth. Cold."

((On another note, I love SC's avatar :))

((If I'd use what I knew of physics and the relativity of cells, time and the space between...the explanation lies in that cells have their own definite lifespan...Slow down this time, and the person ages slower, no matter how you see it. Since we're talking about a branching future era, our technology here somehow can put a person in stasis--keep them from aging from the point on. Until the chemical/mixture keeping them from aging somehow sloughs off...

So...yeah. We're actually alive given the timespan. HOwever, I'm pretty worried about my IC family in game. PW would probably say 'They're all dead. So yeah' :/

And no, that's the fun of time travel and spacetime. Time is relative.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14348 on: May 09, 2013, 12:36:36 pm »

(That's more or less exactly what it is; IronyOwl drew it.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14349 on: May 09, 2013, 06:30:30 pm »

"No, you only get to hold out one hand."

If she wants to play again, right, play again. Go Scissors this time.

She chooses rock.

"I feel as though this game might be a little unfair since you keep showing your hand first..."

((120 years is a lot of time for science to advance. If we ever dock at a decently developed planet, all of the convicts will be replaced with hyper-advanced super-competent cyborgs or something. Thuy tuuk our jobs!))
Well, the UWM does have a pretty heavy technology regulation system in place. Partially because of not wanting another altered war, partially to make sure the handful of worlds where they're the strongest stay the most advanced.

Go to a VR.

Plop myself down somewhere in the middle of the first American Civil War, with current Stats and Equipment.

Right in the middle of battle? Muskets might be crude but high speed lead is still effective.

"Young lady, I demand a fair fight, now shrink."
Disapproving tone.

She shrinks back down. Her head is now a Tiger head.

"RAWR RAWR GRRRR RAWR You're not very good at this RARWR"

((Ooo!  Stick!  I want the stick!

She was only the moonshiner's daughter, but I loved her still.

I would get the synthflesh dick legs, but they're too dangerous.  Someone with those was doing kickbox sparring, and their partner left the ring cockeyed.))

And then toaster admits he wants my stick.

Listen man, You're cool and all but...well I'd have to ask the missus, ya know?

"Oh, it's all right. Don't mind that. I can switch to uncontrollable singing at any point, so don't you worry about me dying of exhaustion."

Switch to uncontrollable singing. Ask nurse in song about the Doctor. Anything particularly important I should know about him?

"Don't really think he'd like me gossiping about him."

((Better hope that either Disney starts revealing the new star wars film titles or Feyri starts moving again...))
((Someone kill me, or school work will. I collapsed yesterday in my room and actually left the laptop on because of fatigue... ;_;

Sorry Lenglon!!))

From here.

Feyri pondered on the response. How can something volatile--something dealing with evaporation at normal temperature and pressure--be so heavy? That would be very much a hassle given the requirements of someone using a jetpack.

"Did you mean Flammable, ma'am?" she replied, "As in, even our technology didn't think of fuel patches--something..convenient and practical?"

Inquire, then examine Lyra.

"It's a container of rocket fuel. Rocket fuel by it's very nature is volatile. Sorry, but the only way to fuel up one tank of rocket fuel is with another tank of rocket fuel. And that tank is a big, heavy, metal tank in order to stop said fuel from escaping."

Lyra looks like she'll do fine for the third in Jim's threeway.

(( :o Wait ...WTF!?  Just what has happened? What kind of roll was that?))

Oh shit...

Get away from Bruce. Activate BT mode. Prepare to avoid any incoming atacks.

He wanted someone to punch. And I, being me, decided to have him punch the most deadly person in the area.

It was a "Piecewise not being evil roll" and you got a one. Because that die only has ones.

Time dilation and the effects of the jump technology. It's 120 objective years, but since the ship is moving at relativistic speeds a lot of the time, and losing anywhere from months to decades during jumps, subjective time is much less.

(That's more or less exactly what it is; IronyOwl drew it.)

What ever happened to Irony anyways? Did the demon of midterms/finals claim another victim?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14350 on: May 09, 2013, 06:36:17 pm »

(I dunno. He's online right now, but he hasn't been posting much recently, so your guess is probably the correct one.)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14351 on: May 09, 2013, 06:41:17 pm »

More specifically, plop down in a nice, rural town during the Civil War that isn't the site of a major battle.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14352 on: May 09, 2013, 09:12:26 pm »

((I am?))

"Now that you understand how to play, let's do it like this--I count one, two, three, then we both show what we chose at the same time. Ready? One, two..."

Three! Paper this time.

((What do you think the chance is that this is changing the program?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14353 on: May 09, 2013, 10:45:05 pm »

(( Well, Renen wasn't going to the punch many things program. But, well, the GM says it.))

Keep waiting. If Bruce isn't preparing an attack, use the katana to slash one of his feet.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14354 on: May 09, 2013, 11:37:02 pm »

((You started talking about your girth and I just couldn't help myself!

Okay killing this line of thought before it gets any weirder))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 955 956 [957] 958 959 ... 2101