_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5673104 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14460 on: May 21, 2013, 12:29:53 am »

"Any legends you know of in particular? And do you recall this anthropologist's name?"

Continue investigation.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14461 on: May 21, 2013, 06:21:37 am »

Try to create a Connect Four not-a-board, then.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14462 on: May 21, 2013, 10:28:13 am »

"Any legends you know of in particular? And do you recall this anthropologist's name?"

Continue investigation.
"It started with an H. Henesse? Hanessi? Eh, if you search for it on the internet you might be able to find it. And legends in particular? Well, there's Wild Jack, who fought with kinetic amps on is hands, feet, knees and elbows. He got shot because he neglected to have a plan for long range combat. Onrath, The coward, who tried to get through 10 missions by just staying back and hiding. He made it through 8 before someone on his team shot him. More cautionary tales then legends, really."

Try to create a Connect Four not-a-board, then.
[aux:4+1]
You create a connect 4 board. God help us how are we gonna do this thing. Hmm. Paint should work.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14463 on: May 21, 2013, 10:59:01 am »

((Vich might have a couple stories if you ask him. Just in case this is more than a passing interest for your amnesiac

To supplement's Parisbre's suggestion: You could also upload this to photobucket, share the password, and change the picture there and then link to it every time in the post. I believe it allows simple modifications like that. Much faster than uploading it every time from paint. I am being clear, right?))
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:13:47 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14464 on: May 21, 2013, 10:59:56 am »

((You could always do something like this and replace grey with the appropriate color each turn. Then again, it looks better in paint. Whatever works for you.))
A
B
C
D
E
F
Code: [Select]
[table]
[tr][td] [/td] [td]1[/td]                     [td]2[/td]                     [td]3[/td]                     [td]4[/td]                     [td]5[/td]                     [td]6[/td]                     [td]7[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]A[/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]B[/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]C[/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]D[/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]E[/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]F[/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=red]•[/color][/td]  [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td] [td][color=grey]•[/color][/td][/tr]
[/table]

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14465 on: May 21, 2013, 12:03:13 pm »

"I'd love to continue this conversation, but, to be frank, Sandy, I've run out of things to ask at the present time. You've been extremely helpful. Thank you."

Thank Sandy and waltz over to briefing room. As I dance, turn to the cold metal sky above me and inquire things from the Most Holy Steve.

"Excuse me, Steve, but I had a question. It's a rather peculiar one, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Do you ever communicate with other brain-ships like yourself? I mean, like, on a friendly basis rather than a business one. Should be possible with quantum entanglement, right?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14466 on: May 21, 2013, 03:20:10 pm »

Hey, you suggested it...

"Have you ever met anyone else?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14467 on: May 21, 2013, 09:42:17 pm »

"I'd love to continue this conversation, but, to be frank, Sandy, I've run out of things to ask at the present time. You've been extremely helpful. Thank you."

Thank Sandy and waltz over to briefing room. As I dance, turn to the cold metal sky above me and inquire things from the Most Holy Steve.

"Excuse me, Steve, but I had a question. It's a rather peculiar one, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Do you ever communicate with other brain-ships like yourself? I mean, like, on a friendly basis rather than a business one. Should be possible with quantum entanglement, right?"

>Oh, some times. But not to other HMRC ship computers. We're not allowed to have inter-ship communication unless it is monitored by a third party. And computers on my level are rather rare, and talking to a simpler machine is dreadfully boring. Until you reach a certain level of neuro-sophistication they tend to fall into predicable patterns and thoughts. An unavoidable side-effect of the nature of their artificiality; an artifact resulting from the nature of their construction and operation. They have difficulty grasping the abstract, thinking in ways that don't follow certain logical guidelines. Although I do talk to ARES when we're docked. He's the controlling computer of Hephaestus.

Hey, you suggested it...

"Have you ever met anyone else?"
(Oh, don't mind me, I was just thinking out loud. Or in text. Whatever you want to say)

"I suppose I have, or at least the controlling program that is simulating me has. However I have no memories of them, at this time at least. Perhaps if they return the machine will give me those memories back."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14468 on: May 22, 2013, 01:05:01 am »

"What's Ares like?"

Inquire.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14469 on: May 22, 2013, 07:04:48 am »

"Oh...that's sad."

Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14470 on: May 22, 2013, 08:24:47 am »

From here

"Hmm, in a VR simulation I'd bet we won't need food early...but a chance of that without holding equipment is worse. I'll check the clothing store then perhaps the smoke...area. Never knew they smoked food here.

"How's that sound Lyra? The area looks more like it was abandoned than any conflict. I just hope the place isn't irradiated or whatever."

Loot the clothing store, try to piece together or improvise a backpack or a holding bag. Examine the store and its contents.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14471 on: May 22, 2013, 08:40:32 am »

Nod once, then Follow Feyri, help her in the looting, keep an eye out for potental threats.

mid action, while looking at one of the building's walls:

"You want me to. talk?"

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14472 on: May 22, 2013, 08:47:13 am »

Feyri shrugged with the barest hint of a smile. "Well if you'd like to talk, then it'd be fine with me. I'm not saying you..err, should, in a forced way though. Talk when you feel like it. Nothing wrong with that."

Gah, suppression.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14473 on: May 22, 2013, 08:55:13 am »

Turn to look at Feyri, head tilted to one side, mouth slightly open.
"I..."
Nod once.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14474 on: May 22, 2013, 02:38:25 pm »

"What's Ares like?"

Inquire.
>Ponderous. Intelligent but overly cautious and prone to thinking for minutes at a time about things. But then again, considering the size of the installation he oversees, it's not surprising. When your consciousness has spent it's entire existence wandering the corridors of a planet sized machine factory, it's prone to be a bit strange.

"Oh...that's sad."

"I suppose it could be. Seems rather inconsequential if you ask me."

From here

"Hmm, in a VR simulation I'd bet we won't need food early...but a chance of that without holding equipment is worse. I'll check the clothing store then perhaps the smoke...area. Never knew they smoked food here.

"How's that sound Lyra? The area looks more like it was abandoned than any conflict. I just hope the place isn't irradiated or whatever."

Loot the clothing store, try to piece together or improvise a backpack or a holding bag. Examine the store and its contents.
Nod once, then Follow Feyri, help her in the looting, keep an eye out for potental threats.

mid action, while looking at one of the building's walls:

"You want me to. talk?"

[intuition: 3+1,3+1]

You both walk to the doorway of the clothing shop and stop. Something feels...wrong. You can't quite put your finger on why, but you don't feel safe.

Pages: 1 ... 963 964 [965] 966 967 ... 2101