_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5672914 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14520 on: May 28, 2013, 09:04:35 am »

((May your term seem short and uneventful to you and may your comrades be worthy of your company.

And I hope you get some leave so that you can visit your friends and family visit the forum and see if everyone survived their missions. :P))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14521 on: May 28, 2013, 09:09:04 am »

((@PW: You missed my action, here it is again.))

I really need to post more...and make bigger posts.

Try again, run from Jim before he starts his attack.

((What, two consecutive failures with a bonus :o))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14522 on: May 28, 2013, 01:16:13 pm »

((Thank you all for your kind words. They touched me deeply.
I can only wish you good luck as well!))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14523 on: May 28, 2013, 01:58:31 pm »

((Thank you all for your kind words. They touched me deeply.
I can only wish you good luck as well!))

((Bai, see you later! :3))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14524 on: May 28, 2013, 03:00:02 pm »

((With some more obvious advice and such, try not to die and don't anger your CO. And avoid un-enjoying yourself too much.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14525 on: May 28, 2013, 03:13:05 pm »

Need to know before I can know what my reaction is:

did I hear anything at the time the smoke puffed up?

was the smoke puff down in the wash or up above it?

does the wash go in a straight line or is it windy?
Well, it was dust from the ground that kind of burst up, not smoke, but.

You think you might have heard a hissing noise just before.

I assumed you were walking on the upper edge of the wash rather down in the center. So it was n the upper edge with you.

It's not perfectly straight, but it's bends are gentle and few.

"...I'll take that as a yes."

"I have won."
"Where?"
"There, Diagonally"
"Pretty sneaky...simulated girl person."

Finish the peasants off with a full clip of .45 shots. Then, go look around the town for a succulent busty young wench to kidnap. 

You fire repeatedly into both men and then kick the front door open and walk out as the tavern begins to burn behind you.

"Now then...I've always heard tales of farmer's daughters...Hopefully I can find one thats not got polio."

You look around while idly reloading. People are starting to come out of the few homes clustered around the road. Just men by the look of it, but if there are girls, they're probably still in the house. Hmm, how to handle this...

Need to know before I can know what my reaction is:

did I hear anything at the time the smoke puffed up?

was the smoke puff down in the wash or up above it?

does the wash go in a straight line or is it windy?
((Same here Piecewise, did I detect anything about Lyra?))

Try to trip the trip-wire with my pipe IF:
> I haven't detected any signs of danger from tripping the wire [ie following the mechanism]
> Anything in my surroundings doesn't present any sense of danger to me
> Lyra is doing A'Ok

Well, lyra is uninjured for the moment, but thats only just right now. As per signs of danger from the mechanism, thats hard to tell. You can't see what the wire leads to unless you go into the building itself. As it is the wire just leads off into darkness.

Head over to the AM.
"S'cuse me ma'am... Got anything that  can help with a little headache I got?"
She gives you a bottle of aspirin and a pamphlet about alcoholism.

"So, you certainly think you have emotions. That's really what matters, I guess. Though I can't help but wonder about one thing - are they all the possible emotions? Are you capable of love? Or depression? How about jealousy and anger? If you're made of human brains, you probably should have the wiring for all of those, but do they express themselves? Well, unless the probable lack of an endocrine system really changes that much, though I don't think it necessarily should."

Brain-questions!

>Perhaps you could say I experience them in a much more...intellectual, detached fashion. I'm not as swayed by them as you are.

"Well... by the looks of things, the majority of people aren't doing anything remotely relevant"
Charles joins Feyri and Lyra's sim.
You pop into the simulation a few feet away from Feyri.

((@PW: You missed my action, here it is again.))

I really need to post more...and make bigger posts.

Try again, run from Jim before he starts his attack.

((What, two consecutive failures with a bonus :o))
(it happens.)

[will:5+2]

You activated your bullet time mode, however Jim seems to have reacted as well. You can already see the air in front of him shimmering with collecting force.

(( OK, I wanted to announce it later, but here it is:

Thank you all. It was a great ride, great read and a lot of fun. Unfortunately, very soon (maybe in a week) I am going to be drafted and won't be able to post here at least for a year. You know, blessed be the ever-benevolent Magisters and the honourable and glorious military of the UWM! :P
Well, whatever. Anyway, some day a year since now I'll be back. And I am looking forward to that day.
May Steve watch over you all and save you from the incompetence and the horrible idiotic death! ))

Always sad to see a player go, even temporarily. We shall miss you and your strange brand of medical practice that actually results in people being less injured when you're done then when you started. With Irony awol the only dedicated medic left is mesk.

Pray for your teammates.

Good luck with whatever your military duty may entail. Hopefully you will get stationed in the rare 70th internet brigade, the "Flying LOLcats".

Make sure to let me know whenever you're actually on your way out. I shall  handle things from there.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14526 on: May 28, 2013, 05:12:27 pm »

Drop to the ground and roll into the wash, attempt to put the walls of the wash between me and the rooftops of the buildings behind me.

"Help"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14527 on: May 28, 2013, 07:03:26 pm »

((I didn't post a turn? I thought I had. Huh.))

"Nice. I was wondering so hard if you were going to notice this" Points to Column 1 "that I didn't think to check if you had anything like that.

Anyways, I'm going to go find the nice people I wanted to introduce to you. Can you try not to forget me?"

Wait long enough for a response, then exit the VR.

"STEVE! Where are Ms. Feyri and Mr. Jim? Wait, is that Ms. Feyri right there? I wonder what she's doing. Maybe she's already with Equaterina. Do you know what she's doing? Do you know Equaterina? What do you think of her? Do you like Connect 4?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14528 on: May 28, 2013, 08:16:37 pm »

((May the HMRC Pantheon watch over your travels.  Be sure to inscribe your firearm with the Arrow of Ingram.

Good luck!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14529 on: May 28, 2013, 10:09:43 pm »

Run. Get away from the area fast. After that, get close to him and use the monoatomic sword to cut his arms and pierce his brain.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14530 on: May 28, 2013, 10:26:23 pm »

((May the HMRC Pantheon watch over your travels.  Be sure to inscribe your firearm with the Arrow of Ingram.

Good luck!))
((I'm not sure if those sentiments are compatible.))
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14531 on: May 29, 2013, 12:27:11 am »

((I think GWG must bold speaking to Steve, but that works :P))

Feyri stared at the tripwire for seconds before her intuition took over.

She spun around to examine the new presence and leveled her pipe at the creature's face.

"Alright, who are you and why are you doing all this?"

Examine the newcomer [Empiricist], then rush over to Lyra's side, examining the area for any creatures.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 03:06:45 am by Tiruin »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14532 on: May 29, 2013, 01:13:13 am »

"So, detached, eh? How's that working out for you? What's the sort of thing that really tick you off, if I may ask?"

"Also, you're made of brains, right? Are they just hooked up together, sorta mashed together, what? And are the memories in them completely scrubbed before use?"

Interview Steve.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14533 on: May 29, 2013, 02:09:07 am »

"I apologize in advance for ruining the marvelous immersion these contraptions create, but as you have inquired, I do feel obligated to respond. Seeing as we are deployed on missions in squads, I felt that it would be best to join a sim with other units to help practice my skills. As it turns out, this sim is currently the most relevant. Assuming of course, that you, like myself consider a the experiences of game of connect four against an AI and a rather abhorrent exercise in incinerating random people from ancient history to be of dubious value in a combat scenario."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14534 on: May 29, 2013, 03:08:52 am »

Feyri lowered the pipe by a fraction of an inch. She knew that style of speaking...despite the character being moderately different from that one guy.

"It's nice to see you again Charles, but you could've at least given us warning?"

She relaxed her stance and began pointing in Lyra's direction. "Anyway, teamwork it is. We're mostly all probably Prey here. I'm quite unsure of how you got in with what settings you configured, but we should all stick together in this.

"I think I just heard a squeak."
Pages: 1 ... 967 968 [969] 970 971 ... 2101