_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732906 times)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14535 on: May 29, 2013, 03:50:38 am »

"Sorry about that, I'm not very used to the interfaces on these. Setting-wise, I didn't configure anything so the parameters should still be the same."
Charles inspects himself, seeing any differences he has from his normal self. He then stays stays still, trying to detect signs of any movement near them.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14536 on: May 29, 2013, 04:12:27 am »

Welp. I made it. It took me about... um... at least a month, according to when I registered this account, though I know I was reading before then. I actually registered just to get 50 posts-per-page.

Congrats, Piecewise. You seem to have discovered the perfect formula to make players out of long time lurkers. Something to do with 'no waitlist' and 'constant updates'. Though I think the lack of a hard turn structure is actually the most important. It keeps the game from stalling out when players post at different rates, which keeps it moving, which keeps it active. Seriously, awesome job.

I have a character sheet all ready, I'm just waiting a bit to make sure I have enough time to *do something* with it. End of school year junk and all that. Though judging from the 9a mission thread, I should hurry up and post if I want a shot at getting into the next 5-man mission, if I'm even eligible. :P

(Luck to you, Nik. Your patients will be happy to learn that I plan to be a semi-dedicated medic. Though I'm more likely to try and carry around a bunch of 'replacement parts' than a medkit.)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14537 on: May 29, 2013, 04:44:17 am »

((Welcome here, and I gather you are pretty acquainted with everything and don't need any help. Yay!
Honestly, I'm not sure we have a shortage of medics, but then we don't really have a shortage of anything else, so that good.
Have a good time here.

Also, I believe you're the seventh all new person here (never been on a mission). But then maybe we don't want everyone on the mission to be new. We'll see how this goes.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 04:47:04 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14538 on: May 29, 2013, 04:54:33 am »

((Welcome fellow former lurker!))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14539 on: May 29, 2013, 06:06:30 am »

((I think GWG must bold speaking to Steve, but that works :P))
((I'm pretty sure I've talked to Steve before without bolding.))

((And hello Kriella.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14540 on: May 29, 2013, 07:40:12 am »

((I'm pretty sure I've talked to Steve before without bolding.))
((It's more of a thing done for your sake really. Sometimes piecewise doesn't have time to read everything that was said in the forum, so he just skims through them, finding every post that has been bolded and doing only those posts. So a
Code: [Select]
[b]Speak to Steve.[/b]is there to save you a probable lost turn. Not that it's necessary right now, since piecewise seems to have enough time and few posts to process, but it's good practice.))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 07:42:15 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14541 on: May 29, 2013, 10:22:24 am »

Drop to the ground and roll into the wash, attempt to put the walls of the wash between me and the rooftops of the buildings behind me.

"Help"
You curl in a ball and let yourself roll down into the wash as more bullets hiss past you and dig craters in the dry earth with a puff of dust. You roll all the way down to the center of the was, straight into the dead tall grass and press yourself to the ground.

((I didn't post a turn? I thought I had. Huh.))

"Nice. I was wondering so hard if you were going to notice this" Points to Column 1 "that I didn't think to check if you had anything like that.

Anyways, I'm going to go find the nice people I wanted to introduce to you. Can you try not to forget me?"

Wait long enough for a response, then exit the VR.

"STEVE! Where are Ms. Feyri and Mr. Jim? Wait, is that Ms. Feyri right there? I wonder what she's doing. Maybe she's already with Equaterina. Do you know what she's doing? Do you know Equaterina? What do you think of her? Do you like Connect 4?"

((I didn't post a turn? I thought I had. Huh.))

"Nice. I was wondering so hard if you were going to notice this" Points to Column 1 "that I didn't think to check if you had anything like that.

Anyways, I'm going to go find the nice people I wanted to introduce to you. Can you try not to forget me?"

Wait long enough for a response, then exit the VR.

"STEVE! Where are Ms. Feyri and Mr. Jim? Wait, is that Ms. Feyri right there? I wonder what she's doing. Maybe she's already with Equaterina. Do you know what she's doing? Do you know Equaterina? What do you think of her? Do you like Connect 4?"

"No promises."

You get out of the machine and talk to steve.

>She's in the Poacher program. I know of the program you've given a name, if thats what you mean. I  think she's a program. And I'm not sure. I've never played it.

Run. Get away from the area fast. After that, get close to him and use the monoatomic sword to cut his arms and pierce his brain.

You manage to avoid the incoming attack...sort of. You avoid the brunt of the attack but the pressure wave it creates as it moves past is enough to knock you off your feet and send you rolling back.

Feyri stared at the tripwire for seconds before her intuition took over.

She spun around to examine the new presence and leveled her pipe at the creature's face.

"Alright, who are you and why are you doing all this?"

Examine the newcomer [Empiricist], then rush over to Lyra's side, examining the area for any creatures.
The new person look a lot like you; broadly muscled and vaguely bovine. As per getting to Lyra's side, how do you want to go about that? Run along the edge of the wash like she did? Jump into the center of the wash and fight your way through the dead grass and brambles? You've till gotta cross the empty parking lot of the strip mall to even get to the wash as well. Any precautions you wanna take?

"So, detached, eh? How's that working out for you? What's the sort of thing that really tick you off, if I may ask?"

"Also, you're made of brains, right? Are they just hooked up together, sorta mashed together, what? And are the memories in them completely scrubbed before use?"

Interview Steve.
>People who get in the way of my goals, obviously.

>The parts of the brain we use are generally not the ones responsible for long term memory. Since they're simply being used for processing we tend to stick to parts of the frontal and parietal lobes. Besides, there are regulations about allowing wetware to access, accidentally or otherwise, memories from their constituent brains. It has a habit of making them unstable.

Welp. I made it. It took me about... um... at least a month, according to when I registered this account, though I know I was reading before then. I actually registered just to get 50 posts-per-page.

Congrats, Piecewise. You seem to have discovered the perfect formula to make players out of long time lurkers. Something to do with 'no waitlist' and 'constant updates'. Though I think the lack of a hard turn structure is actually the most important. It keeps the game from stalling out when players post at different rates, which keeps it moving, which keeps it active. Seriously, awesome job.

I have a character sheet all ready, I'm just waiting a bit to make sure I have enough time to *do something* with it. End of school year junk and all that. Though judging from the 9a mission thread, I should hurry up and post if I want a shot at getting into the next 5-man mission, if I'm even eligible. :P

(Luck to you, Nik. Your patients will be happy to learn that I plan to be a semi-dedicated medic. Though I'm more likely to try and carry around a bunch of 'replacement parts' than a medkit.)
Indeed. ER seems to be the pied piper of escaped lunatics.

As per the next mission, I may just make it the "Newbie" mission and take anyone who hasn't been on one yet. It will result in an odd number, but hey, thats not really much of a problem. Besides, we gotta get everyone up to speed eventually. Congratulations on reading the thread by the way. I'm pretty sure it's bigger then the bible at this point. Hope it was at least an entertaining read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14542 on: May 29, 2013, 10:32:12 am »

Go perfectly still and silent.
wait and listen

Glance upwards and confirm that the line of sight to the rooftops where I think the shooter is are blocked, then belly-crawl along the wash, looking for tripwires or other traps, in the direction that leads more closer to the shooter, if the wash goes perpendicular to the shooter, move in the direction away from the suburb we came from. do NOT give the shooter a clear line of sight on me at any point during this.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:53:51 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14543 on: May 29, 2013, 10:39:18 am »

((I don't think it's really possible to get everyone up to speed if we keep getting new people. We either have to put up a sign "No New Entries," or just accept that some people (like me) are just going to be behind. Also, there's people like Renen that really need to go on a mission. Not that a "newbie" mission is a bad idea, but we kind of already had one with Mission 7, so maybe we can wait a couple more before doing that again. Just my opinion.

Also, it's probably bigger than War and Peace at this point. Maybe we should title it "War and Steve and Space".))
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 10:44:47 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14544 on: May 29, 2013, 10:48:04 am »

((...vaguely bovine O_o

Ok, I never thought of anything like that when reading the desc you gave...elaborate later please?))

Precautions:
Any abrupt noises should be listened for--differences in the ambient noise.
Any glint of light or sound in the distance, try heading towards Lyra's location from another route.

Why was a tripwire set up recently? As if whoever the hunter was knew there would be prey...

Are we being watched like animals for the slaughter? Like sport 'for the joy of the hunt'?

"Alright Charles, its you and me along with one of our colleagues in this hunter scenario. What do you propose we do? I've a feeling like we're being watched constantly--however, I'd like to get to my friend first to check on her. She's by the wash, any ideas?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14545 on: May 29, 2013, 10:56:53 am »

((...vaguely bovine O_o

Ok, I never thought of anything like that when reading the desc you gave...elaborate later please?))

((It just goes to show that any attempt to breed human variants for a specific task is going to end in udder failure.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14546 on: May 29, 2013, 11:08:29 am »

Get up. Try to get close while avoiding any incoming atack then stab his chest.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 11:10:13 am by Grunhill »
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14547 on: May 29, 2013, 11:09:59 am »

Not that a "newbie" mission is a bad idea, but we kind of already had one with Mission 7, so maybe we can wait a couple more before doing that again. Just my opinion.

((Oh yes, easy mission that. Not. Did we read the same thing there? About a fifth permadied, about half died regularly. It was literally a city full of murderous robots trying to kill us. Got me a cool suit, though.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #14548 on: May 29, 2013, 11:12:06 am »

((And I somehow survived all that without a scratch. Still not sure how none of the things that happened hurt me. Then there was the end.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14549 on: May 29, 2013, 11:20:33 am »

((...vaguely bovine O_o

Beyond this you've been changed physically; Lyra is quite thin, with very long, but still strong, arms and fingers. Feyri is much larger, in both height and girth, seven feet all and heavily muscled with broad shoulders, stumpy fingers and wide set, almost bovine looking eyes.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 968 969 [970] 971 972 ... 2101