_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5672801 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14550 on: May 29, 2013, 11:35:30 am »

((Oh yes, easy mission that. Not. Did we read the same thing there? About a fifth permadied, about half died regularly. It was literally a city full of murderous robots trying to kill us. Got me a cool suit, though.))

((Well, the permadeaths were mostly because of Timmy, so those don't really count.))

"Steve, are there any convicts you've particularly liked over the years? Like, somebody you really start to root for and whatnot."

"Also, a thought just occurred to me. Brain-computers like yourself do become unstable sometimes, right? Do they have therapists for that or something?"

Ask. Spin around briefing room.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14551 on: May 29, 2013, 12:58:19 pm »

Stuff
((Welcome to ER and good luck. I hope we can finish up the mission without any further problems.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14552 on: May 29, 2013, 03:12:21 pm »

((Like the others said, welcome to your own personal slice of alien hell, Kriellya. Hope you won't die soon! (No really, we need the medics. Badly :/ ) ))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14553 on: May 29, 2013, 03:28:45 pm »

Continue talking to Steve, or rather asking a bunch of questions before remembering that I need to stop if I want answers.

"Can I go talk to Ms. Feyri? Oh, I know, can I take Equaterina into her program? Wait, why didn't you tell me where Mr. Jim is? Is he dead? How did he die? Why doesn't anyone tell me what's going on? Is it because I'm a kid? If you had eyes, would you be giving me that look everyone always gives me? Why do they give me that look? Is that because I'm a kid, too? Kids can do stuff, too, you know. Look at that kid from the one musical...um...the French one. What was he called?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14554 on: May 29, 2013, 03:45:04 pm »

(( Welcome to the HMRC, Kriellya! We hope you'll enjoy your stay.
May Emar-i guide your hand. :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14555 on: May 29, 2013, 07:39:33 pm »

Spoiler: Bovine? D: (click to show/hide)

((GWG, stop being nostalgic :I))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14556 on: May 29, 2013, 07:48:49 pm »

Run into nearby house, Kinetic Manipulator-Punch anyone who gets in my way. Find attractive young busty lass and hold her at gun point.

"YOU'RE COMING WITH BIG MOMMA TONIGHT."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14557 on: May 29, 2013, 07:53:15 pm »

((GWG, stop being nostalgic :I))
((Hm?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14558 on: May 30, 2013, 05:12:21 am »

"I suppose we could try to misdirect whoever is targeting us, however, regardless of what we do, that would still draw them close to us, I guess the trick is to put them at a significant disadvantage, as for reaching our teammate, I have no ideas at present"
Charles tries to think up of how to set up the area to misdirect or scare away anyone who may be pursuing them.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 06:26:37 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14559 on: May 30, 2013, 06:09:25 am »

Charles tries to think up of how to set up the room to misdirect or scare away anyone who may be pursuing them.
((we're outside))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14560 on: May 30, 2013, 06:26:57 am »

((Oops. Edited, thanks.))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14561 on: May 30, 2013, 06:43:03 pm »

"Thanks..."
Sit down. Take pill. Read brochure.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14562 on: May 31, 2013, 03:34:39 am »

Go perfectly still and silent.
wait and listen

Glance upwards and confirm that the line of sight to the rooftops where I think the shooter is are blocked, then belly-crawl along the wash, looking for tripwires or other traps, in the direction that leads more closer to the shooter, if the wash goes perpendicular to the shooter, move in the direction away from the suburb we came from. do NOT give the shooter a clear line of sight on me at any point during this.

You have cover from the roof tops but you're not really sure where the shots are coming from. You manage to skitter down the wash  bit until you come to a concrete embankment with a twin pair of outlet pipes set into it. It looks like this is the feed for the wash.

((...vaguely bovine O_o

Ok, I never thought of anything like that when reading the desc you gave...elaborate later please?))

Precautions:
Any abrupt noises should be listened for--differences in the ambient noise.
Any glint of light or sound in the distance, try heading towards Lyra's location from another route.

Why was a tripwire set up recently? As if whoever the hunter was knew there would be prey...

Are we being watched like animals for the slaughter? Like sport 'for the joy of the hunt'?

"Alright Charles, its you and me along with one of our colleagues in this hunter scenario. What do you propose we do? I've a feeling like we're being watched constantly--however, I'd like to get to my friend first to check on her. She's by the wash, any ideas?"
Vaguely bovine. As in your features appear to be mildly similar to a cow. Wide set, brown eyes, Large jaw and thick skull, broad shoulders, heavily muscled, short fingers, wide nose, etc.

Also of course the hunter knows there's prey. He's here specifically for you. And you have been living in that house and scavenging from those stores for a while now, as indicated by your footprints leading from the room.

You see no lights or glinting and hear no noises, meaning the hunter is either some sort of crazy mutant  thats shooting rocks at lyra with psychic powers or he's just hidden somewhere you can't see him.

And well, you just run straight  out of the strip mall, your intentions vague and poorly explained. It seems to go great for about eight seconds before a gauss rifle round punches straight through your tibia and sends you crumpling face first to the ground.

Get up. Try to get close while avoiding any incoming atack then stab his chest.

Just gonna point out that you can't stab with a monoatomic sword. Much like a katana, it's slicing only.

((Oh yes, easy mission that. Not. Did we read the same thing there? About a fifth permadied, about half died regularly. It was literally a city full of murderous robots trying to kill us. Got me a cool suit, though.))

((Well, the permadeaths were mostly because of Timmy, so those don't really count.))

"Steve, are there any convicts you've particularly liked over the years? Like, somebody you really start to root for and whatnot."

"Also, a thought just occurred to me. Brain-computers like yourself do become unstable sometimes, right? Do they have therapists for that or something?"

Ask. Spin around briefing room.

>Liked? More like "understood the value of".

>More like mechanics.

Continue talking to Steve, or rather asking a bunch of questions before remembering that I need to stop if I want answers.

"Can I go talk to Ms. Feyri? Oh, I know, can I take Equaterina into her program? Wait, why didn't you tell me where Mr. Jim is? Is he dead? How did he die? Why doesn't anyone tell me what's going on? Is it because I'm a kid? If you had eyes, would you be giving me that look everyone always gives me? Why do they give me that look? Is that because I'm a kid, too? Kids can do stuff, too, you know. Look at that kid from the one musical...um...the French one. What was he called?"
>Yes, maybe,He's on mission, he didn't, probably exhaustion, that too, Probably, see answer before last, Sure,Gee I dunno Oliver Twist?

Subtle advertising as ever, GWG.

Run into nearby house, Kinetic Manipulator-Punch anyone who gets in my way. Find attractive young busty lass and hold her at gun point.

"YOU'RE COMING WITH BIG MOMMA TONIGHT."

You gun down the man standing at the door of the nearest house and barge your way in, idly hurling his wife out of the way as you head upstairs. Cowering in the upstairs bedroom is an attractive girl in a night gown.  She looks to be around 16-18.  You scream something in japanese and make sailor moon poses before firing wildly into the ceiling.

"I suppose we could try to misdirect whoever is targeting us, however, regardless of what we do, that would still draw them close to us, I guess the trick is to put them at a significant disadvantage, as for reaching our teammate, I have no ideas at present"
Charles tries to think up of how to set up the area to misdirect or scare away anyone who may be pursuing them.

Well...feyri getting shot is probably a good way to direct attention away from you and Lyra. Question is if you capitalize on it or not.

"Thanks..."
Sit down. Take pill. Read brochure.

You swallow the asprin with another glass of booze and flip through the pamphlet. It's not what you expected. In fact it tells you that alcoholism is a perfectly reasonable reaction to HMRC service and recommends several ways to drink more effectively.

"Oh....I'm not sure how I should feel about this."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14563 on: May 31, 2013, 03:44:38 am »

"Huh. Seems like a therapist would be pretty handy for a sentient computer, more than a mechanic, at least. Do people generally treat you like a machine or a person? I mean, people like these mechanic fellows. Or any superiors and overseers on the ship, I dunno. You certainly seem to have a full-on personality on you, and you do experience emotions and so forth."

"Wait, what brains were you made of? Do you know?"

The Quest for Answers continues.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14564 on: May 31, 2013, 10:08:56 am »

You swallow the asprin with another glass of booze and flip through the pamphlet. It's not what you expected. In fact it tells you that alcoholism is a perfectly reasonable reaction to HMRC service and recommends several ways to drink more effectively.

((Priceless.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 969 970 [971] 972 973 ... 2101