_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5673058 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14595 on: June 03, 2013, 01:49:33 pm »

((It's a joke mixed in with the serious question of motivation.  He's clearly sentient by any definition of the word- why does he choose to do what he is told to do?  From what I gather, he pretty much controls everything, including the main guns of the ship.  If he wanted to piss off and do his own thing, why couldn't he?))
((How do you know he's not actually acting on his own? He might be free from UWM influence and is simply doing this stuff because he thinks it's fun reviewing the convict's failures.

Or he might be even controlling the entire UWM, with the help of the rest of his supercomputer friends. They have the technology and the brains for it.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14596 on: June 03, 2013, 01:53:58 pm »

(( :o Oh, well...It's very good that Renen is in a simulation right..))

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!

JUMP. Try to close into Jim and slice his braincase.

Maybe Doc was right. Flesh really sucks for a fight.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14597 on: June 03, 2013, 02:11:15 pm »

((It's a joke mixed in with the serious question of motivation.  He's clearly sentient by any definition of the word- why does he choose to do what he is told to do?  From what I gather, he pretty much controls everything, including the main guns of the ship.  If he wanted to piss off and do his own thing, why couldn't he?))
((How do you know he's not actually acting on his own? He might be free from UWM influence and is simply doing this stuff because he thinks it's fun reviewing the convict's failures.

Or he might be even controlling the entire UWM, with the help of the rest of his supercomputer friends. They have the technology and the brains for it.))

((I don't know that- that's why this conversation is interesting.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14598 on: June 03, 2013, 03:45:21 pm »

((I don't know that- that's why this conversation is interesting.))
((Yeah, this is fun.))
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 05:45:36 pm by Parisbre56 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14599 on: June 03, 2013, 04:59:25 pm »

Take girl, locate nearest horse. Take horse. Ride horse somewhere better.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14600 on: June 03, 2013, 08:08:33 pm »

((Some possibilities:
1. He doesn't want to.
2. He's programmed not to.
3. He's programmed not to want to.
4. His minds can't agree on much except following orders.
5. He's afraid of reprisals should he do so.
6. He likes being in charge of a ship.
7. He's bored.
8. He's being rewarded.))

Run in a straight line away from anything that looks dangerous.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14601 on: June 03, 2013, 09:09:47 pm »

That should distract the shooter for a while, self-preservation is generally one of the most influential instincts. The noise should act as a distraction, unless the shooter can see the window already, if that's the case it'll help narrow down their possible locations.
Assuming of course, that whoever is hunting us is human.

Charles quickly scans the area for any movement, he takes note of all the locations that had a direct line of sight to both Feyri and the window that had shattered.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14602 on: June 03, 2013, 10:29:23 pm »

Continue reading.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14603 on: June 03, 2013, 10:34:05 pm »

(( It tingles. Hah. Now I feel the need to ask Steve if the implant can beam information to my brain. You know, other than "You should be unconscious now" ))

"Alright. If I'm going to survive this, I think I'll want to go review some medicine..."

Skylar heads to the armory and asks if there are any pamphlets / manuals on field medicine he could borrow

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14604 on: June 04, 2013, 02:43:27 pm »

go roughly seven feet into the pipe, taking my time and looking for traps, tripwires, rats, etc. and then turn around, wait, and listen.

(the shooter saw me dive into the wash, he'll come looking for me eventually. this looks like as good of a spot to turn the tables around as any.)
You run in and hide. You find no traps in the pipe; guess the hunter's ambush didn't go this far.

"So, Steve, are you incentivized in any way to ensure success in missions or do they rely on a hardcoded need to do your duty to make you perform as needed? As in, do you get paid or rewarded in any fashion? Or heck, patted on the back, figuratively speaking, for a job well done?"

"Also, what is, in your opinion, a valuable convict?"

Keep on asking!
>I am in an odd position I suppose. Humans have the difficulty of having no inherent higher purpose. Created, often accidentally, with no inbuilt drive, save for reproduction. Many spend their entire existences searching for that purpose, that thing which satisfies their mind and their desire to make something of themselves. But I was made with a purpose. I don't have to be programmed to do something, I don't have to be told that it's my duty or pumped full of false sensations to drive me. I know I was made to do this. And I am the only being that can do what needs to be done, how and when it needs to be done. Put simply, I see something that needs to happen, and I know I'm the best one to make it happen. So I just do it.

Any convict that can serve a purpose is a useful one.

You act dead. It's fairly easy.
((Err..No it's actually not if you're with that kind of pain. Unless I'm visualizing a gunsh-gauss rifle round wound differently, playing dead is darn hard.

..Unless I am dead. Err.))
((Seconded.))

I imagine that she's curled in a ball, holding the wound but not moving much and not making much noise. Of course acting believably dead upclose would be difficult, but the shooter is far enough away that as long as feyri isn't screaming or wiggling all over the place, she's passable. And Her current make up is of the type that pain isn't as big of a problem.

(( :o Oh, well...It's very good that Renen is in a simulation right..))

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!

JUMP. Try to close into Jim and slice his braincase.

Maybe Doc was right. Flesh really sucks for a fight.
You jump..

You don't exactly clear it; at least not in one piece.

Your legs are now significantly shorter.

Take girl, locate nearest horse. Take horse. Ride horse somewhere better.
You find a pony. You ride that pony with your lesbian love slave.

Thats an interesting phrase.

((Some possibilities:
1. He doesn't want to.
2. He's programmed not to.
3. He's programmed not to want to.
4. His minds can't agree on much except following orders.
5. He's afraid of reprisals should he do so.
6. He likes being in charge of a ship.
7. He's bored.
8. He's being rewarded.))

Run in a straight line away from anything that looks dangerous.
You run straight into the strip mall.

That should distract the shooter for a while, self-preservation is generally one of the most influential instincts. The noise should act as a distraction, unless the shooter can see the window already, if that's the case it'll help narrow down their possible locations.
Assuming of course, that whoever is hunting us is human.

Charles quickly scans the area for any movement, he takes note of all the locations that had a direct line of sight to both Feyri and the window that had shattered.
The breaking glass was from your stone, not from someone shooting.

Continue reading.
It also recommends not injecting it into your eyes. Good advice.

(( It tingles. Hah. Now I feel the need to ask Steve if the implant can beam information to my brain. You know, other than "You should be unconscious now" ))

"Alright. If I'm going to survive this, I think I'll want to go review some medicine..."

Skylar heads to the armory and asks if there are any pamphlets / manuals on field medicine he could borrow

I forget if there are. Hey, millions of players, did I give one of those out before? I feel like I might of.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14605 on: June 04, 2013, 02:53:59 pm »

((There are targeted documents- you gave out info on proper setting of a dislocated joint, once.  That might have been over Steve-Radio.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14606 on: June 04, 2013, 03:19:52 pm »

"This place is..."
Examine the surroundings so I can finish that sentence. Finish that sentence.

See if I can bring Equaterina in here.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14607 on: June 04, 2013, 03:22:15 pm »

"So you are motivated by a job well done. But do all brain-puters feel as you do? And is the feeling of a purpose fulfilled the only thing keeping you in line? 'Cause that doesn't seem like a safe engineering practice is what I'm saying."

"So, I assume you, being made of brains and all, do possess the capacity for an imagination, right? Correct me if I'm wrong. Can you create art and whatnot, all that silly stuff people like to get together and enjoy for whatever purpose?"

The interview continues.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14608 on: June 04, 2013, 03:24:25 pm »

Wait quietly.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14609 on: June 04, 2013, 03:31:09 pm »

((There are targeted documents- you gave out info on proper setting of a dislocated joint, once.  That might have been over Steve-Radio.))
((People (including me once) already received short instructions manuals from Steve in the finest "Fixing A Dislocated Joint For Dummies" style. They disappeared right after serving their purpose, if I recall correctly.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 972 973 [974] 975 976 ... 2101