_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5672590 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14700 on: June 10, 2013, 10:09:37 pm »

((Holding off leveling up until I think better about it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14701 on: June 11, 2013, 03:57:51 am »

Ah, screw it.
Charles flanks the possible location from its blind spot.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14702 on: June 11, 2013, 04:23:40 am »

What is the win condition in Poacher if you select "Pray"?

(( To Paris: I dunno. But I do remember that it was never explicitly stated. Maybe you've got waves of hunters coming at you. Or you have to survive for two weeks. Or you have to flee to someplace. Or become the hunter. Plenty of stuffs.))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 04:51:22 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14703 on: June 11, 2013, 04:48:19 am »

((That's easy, you have to be pious enough so that Steve hears you and strikes down your enemies.

Survive. Either get the bounty hunter to leave (perhaps with a good charisma roll you can convince him that mutants are humans too and that they deserve to live, or you can conviince him that you are not worth the trouble by making lots of traps and generaly making yourself hard to get), escape from the bounty hunter or kill him. What you would expect a prey to do, really.))
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 04:49:57 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14704 on: June 11, 2013, 12:00:10 pm »

"Well, that's a bit of a downer. Still quite wonderful, though. Even though I can't really know about it, at least I know it's something. And sometimes that's quite enough for me."

Stacy thinks for a bit.

"It's one of those hyper-advanced alien races, isn't it? Or tied into the whole space-magic thing we've got going on. Or both, actually. That's why it's a secret. After all, there is no such thing as hyper-advanced aliens and you're not supposed to ask questions about the miracle of space magic, so say the Magisters. But still, one question, if I may - whatever it is, does it still exist? Or is that privileged information as well?"

"Also, how far am I on the security clearance chain from anybody even remotely allowed to know this stuff?"

The Questioning Returns.

>I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of any particular alien race, past, present, or future.

>Imagine security clearances being something like the Electromagnetic spectrum. You would be somewhere lower then Radio waves. In fact, you'd probably some sort of hypothetical negative energy wave.

((If he is, I want links. Not to proof that he's a machine, to the games. I am seriously considering reading the entire Einsteinian Roulette threads anew, because of how much fun they were to read. More games done at the same level of GM prowess? Yes please. ^_^))
[/color]

Flattery will get you everywhere mr. mirrsen

There are a lot of active players in this... Poor piecewise, he's doing the best he can while GMing 4 different RTD's. Personally, I think he must either be superhuman or a machine, because he must not sleep much.
Beep boop.

((There's the proof!

Oh, the games.  I was making that up.))
Buzzzzzzzzz-BEEEP

wave my left hand in front of Feyri's face until she looks at me, then curl up my thumb, pinky, and ring fingers, and split the middle and index fingers. point one of each of those two at each of Feyri's eyes, then up at my own. nod once when she makes eye contact. then move my left hand's index and middle fingers together while holding my left hand in front of my face, then twist my hand to point at the pipe. point my hand upwards and then back down at the pipe two times.

Crawl alongside Feyri and help her move as much as I can. then once she is done moving, go back along our path and obscure the trail left by our movement/bleeding. retrieve any objects she asks for while I'm doing this as long as I dont have to leave the wash to do so.

((I am aware that traces will be left behind, I want to scatter them so there wont be any useful information left, not make it look like we weren't there at all.))

EDIT:

Additional Action: Grab Grate and pull him down to the ground before he gets shot
You sweep grate's leg and drag both him and feyri back to the pipe, doing your best to obscure the trail of blood and drag marks behind you. You stuff both of your commrades into the drainage pipe and then crawl in yourself.

Read up on alcoholism and substance abuse.
For or against?

Ride to some big, fancy plantation.
It takes a day and a half of solid riding, leading to much soreness,but you manage to find a nice, giant plantation. White washed, columns, rolling fields, the whole shebang.

Feyri turned her head a bit to the left.

"Oh, right. There he is! Grate! ..And I got what you're saying, sorry. Didn't mention *argh* that..earlier. Heh."

Examine Grate. Act along with Lyra.
Grate is grate, but vaguely rodent-like. Long nose, protruding teeth, bugged out eyes, thin fingers and hunched body. He looks like a child thats been living dark, cramped places for the majority of his life.

((Level-up! A lot of analysis done: +5 Int. Gained an insight into the way minds are shared and amps used: +3 Exotic. ))
Locate my wristpad and put it back on. Send the messages.

Quote from: MSanctor to Renen
I am finally back! How is your training going?
Not sure if you are on board now, but if you are, I feel obliged to inform you: I am going to contact the Doctor and ask him to take me as an intern. I care neither for his art of killing nor for your place as his apprentice, so I will not challenge you, that is certain. If he insists that is the only way... Well then, I'll just wait until you graduate. :)
Good luck!
#MSanctor

Quote from: MSanctor to Armory Master
Good day to you!
Could you please help me? I am torn between aiming for a Mk III, Mobility and Melee Battle Suits (possibly with the Mk II as a temporary measure of survival). I am going to be able to administer medical aid at front-line if necessary (or possibly do the pick-up of the wounded) and help with hazardous or laborious matters where needed; combat efficiency is of lesser importance. Which one of those would be most efficient for its cost considering those needs? Or perhaps there is something off the list or non-standard which would do that job better and/or cheaper?
Thank you in advance for your words of wisdom.
Maurice Sanctor
P.S. Thank you for the earlier training, it gave me much food for thought.

Quote from: MSanctor to Doctor
May I become your intern?
Interested in medicine and bioresearch, not ways of killing. Will swallow pride and do your bidding. Soul is mine, though; but will not inconvenience.
Depends. A battlesuit would make you more immune to fire but performing surgery with giant robot hands might be hard. MK III is fast and nimble, but unless you trick it out, not very durable.

Intern? Do you have medical qualifications? Or scruples?

Ah, screw it.
Charles flanks the possible location from its blind spot.

Ok, you see two real ways of going about that. Flanking from the far or the near side. Far side involves running into the wash, following it a mile or so and then running back out and circling around into the neighborhood. Near side involves just sprinting for the nearest homes on the right and hoping the shooter doesn't notice.

(( To Paris: I dunno. But I do remember that it was never explicitly stated. Maybe you've got waves of hunters coming at you. Or you have to survive for two weeks. Or you have to flee to someplace. Or become the hunter. Plenty of stuffs.))
"Pray"?  not sure. Prey, however, is that you kill the hunter or get far enough away to lose him.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14705 on: June 11, 2013, 12:55:18 pm »

Take my improvised club, and go the other direction down the wash, outside the combat zone, then try to go out and around to the backside of the building the shooter is in.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14706 on: June 11, 2013, 01:19:40 pm »

"Any alien race? Even the real popular ones, like those... I forget, some sort of fungus thing. Hebrews? Hibernians? Habaneros? Something, anyway."

"Well, anyway, it's been nice talking to you, Steve, and thank you for being as forthcoming as you were with answers, but I think I'll be going now. Even though I'm sure I can't ever escape you. Not that I would even try."

Final question.

After that, pirouette over to the Rec Room and visit the VR right quick after going into singing mode. Check up on the price of transferring a kinetic amp-stamp to the head of an ordinary steel claw hammer. Test how well it can punch holes in steel walls 1 cm, 2 cm, 3 cm, 4 cm, 5 cm, 10 cm and 20 cm thick.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #14707 on: June 11, 2013, 02:21:42 pm »

Gorat walks into the barracks (or wherever he kept his equipment), and ponders the strange pill for a bit, then lights a bluesmoke. After finishing it, he leaves for the infirmary and tries to find someone who doesn't seem busy.

"Excuse me, do you have ways to determine the effects of, well, medication may be the wrong word, and whether it is expired/can expire, without rendering it unusable?"

Ask.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14708 on: June 11, 2013, 02:25:24 pm »

Before Gorat could go too far, two muscular albino left arms blocked his path, the palms pressed against the wall. "I don't see what's wrong with right now, Gorat. I expect you're wanting to tell me I'm a bad leader or something else you think will embarrass me if you say it in front of other people. You think I don't know that I'm not a leader? I'm a soldier, not a commander or a researcher or a scientist or even a human. I am a thing created and trained to fight ground battles. I know that's all I'm good for. Now, do you have anything to add to that, or are we done here?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #14709 on: June 11, 2013, 02:32:09 pm »

"That's actually not what I wanted to tell you. I wanted to apologize for my outburst. I was afraid. It seemed to me that your willingness to experiment and allow experiments could be endangering our mission. But... that's only human, really, those experiments. I've experimented in the Abyss, I've done some minor experiments in the memories. We want to know how things work, how different acts can benefit us. I'm sorry. I'm apparently not just a coward, but also a hypocrite."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14710 on: June 11, 2013, 02:38:56 pm »

"You may kiss each other now." Milno remarks offhandedly as he passes by the grown men and walks towards the armory kiosk to ask for something at least mildly weird: "Hey, could I have a piece of cloth for a blindfold?"

Ask for stuff.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14711 on: June 11, 2013, 02:48:43 pm »

Jim stopped blocking Gorat's path. "...Don't worry about it. And Milno, I don't kiss. That's something humans do." The giant seemed to be in something of a contemplative mood as he returned to the barracks and sat on a random bed, two arms crossed over his chest, the hands of the other two resting on his knees, staring at nothing against the far wall...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #14712 on: June 11, 2013, 02:55:13 pm »

Gorat watches after Jim leaving him, a bit dumbstruck. "...humans do? Appearances aside, he's more human than most of us... but then again, a kiss in that body may be ill-advised..." He shakes his head and does as he had planned before.
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14713 on: June 11, 2013, 02:56:57 pm »

Quote from: MSanctor to Armory Master
I see. Thank you.

As he typed the message to the Doctor, Maurice paused for a moment.
Scruples?
Morals, principles? Certainly.
Hesitation to act, doubt in the rightness of the chosen course? No way.
And I still don't know whether he is an abomination or a saint.

Quote from: MSanctor to Doctor
Yes, might be somewhat outdated. No.
Reply. Then visit the Armory and make a high-res scan of the HMRC Pantheon book, of all the pages - even the completely blank ones, if any - there should be enough space on my datapad.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:26:16 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14714 on: June 11, 2013, 03:06:48 pm »

((Well, just hope Maurice doesn't happen to be fully betentacled when you return.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 979 980 [981] 982 983 ... 2101