_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 980 981 [982] 983 984 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686343 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14715 on: June 11, 2013, 03:26:24 pm »

((Oh, I know what you need to ask Steve!  Ask him if he's ever known love.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14716 on: June 11, 2013, 03:52:02 pm »

((Well, just hope Maurice doesn't happen to be fully betentacled when you return.))
((I am honestly more troubled for Nikitian. We all make jokes about HMRC and it's habits, but it's child's play compared to systematic beatings and abuse. People who come from the Russian army don't return the same, which is why everyone either leaves the coutry or bribes the officials off.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14717 on: June 11, 2013, 04:16:32 pm »

Level-up!: +5 to willpower, +1 to aux, +1 to handiwork and +1 to medical

Pancaek heads straight towards the armory when he leaves the briefing room. "Hello again, I have few questions for your lovely self today. First off, is there anything between a synthflesh body and that standard robot body you put us convicts in when we get brainified? secondly, is there some sort of upgrade for the Mk.III to plug the suit's systems directly into your brain, like amps are controlled? and lastly, I don't suppose you've got any specials today?" He asks to the AM.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14718 on: June 11, 2013, 08:15:42 pm »

>Imagine security clearances being something like the Electromagnetic spectrum. You would be somewhere lower then Radio waves. In fact, you'd probably some sort of hypothetical negative energy wave.
((Hm...negative? That's a much lower wavelength than gamma. Must be pretty good!))

"What are you looking for, Miss Feyri?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14719 on: June 11, 2013, 08:22:45 pm »

((Reading through some of the older posts, a horrible thought came to my mind. What if the text in the Pantheon book was redacted not of religious reasons, but of pragmatic ones instead?
We know how Stacy had a vision of something so horrible that a mere image of it caused people who saw it do and think of doing terrible things. What if the whole HMRC Pantheon - or their symbols, more or less, possibly combined with faith in them - could affect the objective physical outcome of events (either by proxy, just as the picture, or by themselves)? Be it through hidden psychological back-doors, or their true existence somewhere out there (one way or another, there might just be a local equivalent of Warp or something entirely different and original, as usual in ERverse), what if at some point the convicts stumbled upon them in some way, and thus the book is more of a, eh, spellbook of a sort than a means of keeping the faith between 'generations' of 'Corpsmen?
That would both explain its uniqueness (and lack of a digital version) as well as the expurgation of (apparently the most dangerous - to the convicts themselves) parts of the text.
Of course, the horror represented on that picture and the Pantheon need not be connected, or similar in any way. It is but the way that thought originally came to me. Also, of course, faces in the clouds. But then which wild theory can't be accused of the same? :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14720 on: June 11, 2013, 08:29:30 pm »

((@Nikitian: And then the Pantheon book was the HMRCronomicon.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14721 on: June 11, 2013, 09:05:19 pm »

((Lars hasn't had the free time to ask AM/Steve about those redacted pages.  He got shuffled into this mission a bit before he really meant to.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14722 on: June 12, 2013, 01:32:23 am »

Charles takes the long route.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14723 on: June 12, 2013, 10:42:51 am »

((Reading through some of the older posts, a horrible thought came to my mind. What if the text in the Pantheon book was redacted not of religious reasons, but of pragmatic ones instead?
We know how Stacy had a vision of something so horrible that a mere image of it caused people who saw it do and think of doing terrible things. What if the whole HMRC Pantheon - or their symbols, more or less, possibly combined with faith in them - could affect the objective physical outcome of events (either by proxy, just as the picture, or by themselves)? Be it through hidden psychological back-doors, or their true existence somewhere out there (one way or another, there might just be a local equivalent of Warp or something entirely different and original, as usual in ERverse), what if at some point the convicts stumbled upon them in some way, and thus the book is more of a, eh, spellbook of a sort than a means of keeping the faith between 'generations' of 'Corpsmen?
That would both explain its uniqueness (and lack of a digital version) as well as the expurgation of (apparently the most dangerous - to the convicts themselves) parts of the text.
Of course, the horror represented on that picture and the Pantheon need not be connected, or similar in any way. It is but the way that thought originally came to me. Also, of course, faces in the clouds. But then which wild theory can't be accused of the same? :) ))
You got me. Perplexicon is actually post end game ER.

Also, from now on, Maurice is basically gonna be the doctor's lacky, so you'll be seeing him around the infirmary, acting as go between and speaking for him when he's not around.

Take my improvised club, and go the other direction down the wash, outside the combat zone, then try to go out and around to the backside of the building the shooter is in.
You leap into the wash and then make your way down, away from the rest of the ground and circle around back into the neighborhoods that you believe contain the shooter. There are a few homes that could be harboring him, about 3-4 of them sitting next to each other: A small, single story, blue house, a two story white one, another 2 story beige one, and a single story light greenish one.

"Any alien race? Even the real popular ones, like those... I forget, some sort of fungus thing. Hebrews? Hibernians? Habaneros? Something, anyway."

"Well, anyway, it's been nice talking to you, Steve, and thank you for being as forthcoming as you were with answers, but I think I'll be going now. Even though I'm sure I can't ever escape you. Not that I would even try."

Final question.

After that, pirouette over to the Rec Room and visit the VR right quick after going into singing mode. Check up on the price of transferring a kinetic amp-stamp to the head of an ordinary steel claw hammer. Test how well it can punch holes in steel walls 1 cm, 2 cm, 3 cm, 4 cm, 5 cm, 10 cm and 20 cm thick.

>Not any alien race. Just the ones not known to the general public. If such things exist.

The price of doing that would pretty much just be the price of the hammer and the amp. And, assuming you swung hard enough, you could get through everything to at least 5 cm with one hit.

Gorat walks into the barracks (or wherever he kept his equipment), and ponders the strange pill for a bit, then lights a bluesmoke. After finishing it, he leaves for the infirmary and tries to find someone who doesn't seem busy.

"Excuse me, do you have ways to determine the effects of, well, medication may be the wrong word, and whether it is expired/can expire, without rendering it unusable?"

Ask.

We'll say you asked a nurse. Because, you know, asking an inmate would be silly.

"Unfortunately no, not if you have just a single sample of it. We could take a small piece of that sample and analyze it but doing so may not give us the full picture of what it does and may compromise its use. "

"You may kiss each other now." Milno remarks offhandedly as he passes by the grown men and walks towards the armory kiosk to ask for something at least mildly weird: "Hey, could I have a piece of cloth for a blindfold?"

Ask for stuff.
"So, how'd the mission go?" the armory master asks as she slides what looks like a strip of burlap out to you.

Quote from: MSanctor to Armory Master
I see. Thank you.

As he typed the message to the Doctor, Maurice paused for a moment.
Scruples?
Morals, principles? Certainly.
Hesitation to act, doubt in the rightness of the chosen course? No way.
And I still don't know whether he is an abomination or a saint.

Quote from: MSanctor to Doctor
Yes, might be somewhat outdated. No.
Reply. Then visit the Armory and make a high-res scan of the HMRC Pantheon book, of all the pages - even the completely blank ones, if any - there should be enough space on my datapad.
You make another scan of the Pantheon and then head over to the Infirmary to start your new life as an unpaid, morally ambiguous medical intern.

Level-up!: +5 to willpower, +1 to aux, +1 to handiwork and +1 to medical

Pancaek heads straight towards the armory when he leaves the briefing room. "Hello again, I have few questions for your lovely self today. First off, is there anything between a synthflesh body and that standard robot body you put us convicts in when we get brainified? secondly, is there some sort of upgrade for the Mk.III to plug the suit's systems directly into your brain, like amps are controlled? and lastly, I don't suppose you've got any specials today?" He asks to the AM.

"We could get you some enhanced robot bits, like normal ones but better, I suppose."

"Not sure. Not even sure what a brain controlled MK III would be like. What would it control specifically?"

"Specials? Well, we got a new weapon in from the lab boys. Called the "Sandbag"."

Charles takes the long route.
You take the long route with lenglon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14724 on: June 12, 2013, 10:44:45 am »

Also, Previous mission replay now available on VR.

Also also, Looking for people for the 10th mission. Newbies preferably, but if we can't find enough of those, we'll open it up to oldbies.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14725 on: June 12, 2013, 10:47:40 am »

((Ooh, me! Pick me! I've got only one mission already, I'm essentially a newbie.))

Check how much the full price would be. Could I get the hammer for free? Would the total come to three tokens or four?

After that, volunteer for next mission if possible.

EDIT: Also, look up PK amps in VR and how (failing that, determine where) exactly they are attached to the brain. As in, the connection spots and where they're located for users of all kinds (one amp, two amps, three amps, different kinds of amps). Familiarize self with this information.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:29:34 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #14726 on: June 12, 2013, 10:51:00 am »

"What are you looking for, Miss Feyri?"
"We've a hunter armed with a gauss rifle and probably knowledge of the current area we're in, so yep. That's what I'm looking for..a safe way out with my friend over here."

Feyri looked over Grate's mouse-like appearance. He was quite cute..not to say that he wasn't cute in the first place anyway.

"Could you help me up and let's go and follow Ly-...her?" Is she OK with others knowing her name?

Assist Lyra!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14727 on: June 12, 2013, 10:53:05 am »

((How many people are you taking?  Yes, I'm aware that Lars is a bit busy.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14728 on: June 12, 2013, 11:49:58 am »

Ride up to the front of the plantation. Start screaming and firing into the air.

"I AM HERE TO LIBERATE YOUR SLAVES, FOR I AM LIBERATOR. I GIVE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO THE OWNERS OF THIS PLANTATION TO COME OUT AND SURRENDER QUIETLY, ELSE-WISE YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF TOMORROW MORNING EITHER DEAD AND/OR WITH AN ENGORGED BUTTHOLE." 
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14729 on: June 12, 2013, 11:53:29 am »

((@GM: Had I EMP-proofed Milno's MkIII? I don't quite remember.))

"Not too bad, all in all. No one lost any limbs or had their brains more damaged than they already were." Milno answers the AM, taking the strip and holding it with his thumb and index fingers, rubbing the burlap between them for a moment before wrapping it around his neck and tying it with a strong knot behind his head - at least that much he remembered from his former life - leaving the cloth to hang loosely around it.

After several missions facing odds that were usually stacked against the team and being maimed more than once, he has decided to start to compensate for the shortcomings that came with being a human and learning how to navigate in the dark was the first thing that came to mind. A better idea could eventually pop up in the future, but it was the best he could come up with so far. Gadgets and technology only goes so far...

Talk and stuff.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 980 981 [982] 983 984 ... 2101