_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5726528 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #14790 on: June 14, 2013, 03:44:17 pm »

((Sane veteran, singular- just Bishop.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14791 on: June 14, 2013, 03:45:40 pm »

((... May is going on mission with Lyra and Grate...))
((Whoa, looks like I came back just in time or just too late. :D

So, what have I missed? Any hints as to the current mission?

Also mmmmm, delicious gravy.))

Snap out of it. Remember if I've been robo-molested. Examine occupants of the briefing room.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14792 on: June 14, 2013, 03:49:56 pm »

((Welcome back, Irony. Thinking about joining this mission so Faith can hunt molest meet Grate?))

((A totally understandable reaction to the HMRC.))
+1
((Yeah, but I was expecting TCM to step forward and give us some insight. May was apparently made to be more serious than Elisaz but after some time their behavior became basically the same.))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 03:57:16 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #14793 on: June 14, 2013, 03:55:18 pm »

((Let's see the scale of molestation for this mission: Grate&Lyra<Faith<Renen<May. Yep. Fun mission indeed.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14794 on: June 14, 2013, 04:58:47 pm »

((Welcome back, Irony. Thinking about joining this mission so Faith can hunt molest meet Grate?))

((A totally understandable reaction to the HMRC.))
+1
((Yeah, but I was expecting TCM to step forward and give us some insight. May was apparently made to be more serious than Elisaz but after some time their behavior became basically the same.))
((2 words: player boredom.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14795 on: June 14, 2013, 05:00:16 pm »

((2 words: player boredom.))
((Yeah, that's my theory too. Acting like a complete loony is probably more interesting for most people.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14796 on: June 14, 2013, 05:03:44 pm »

((She already did briefly, I think, but never got to see him or Leatra's character in a delicious jumpsuit.))

((Let's see the scale of molestation for this mission: Grate&Lyra<Faith<Renen<May. Yep. Fun mission indeed.))
((The circle of life molestation continues.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #14797 on: June 14, 2013, 06:26:32 pm »

Tresk gets out of the pod, and the brown-haired, brown eyed man frowns deeply as he realizes that he is stark naked. Aiming to correct this problem, he looks around for clothes, especially looking for gloves.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14798 on: June 14, 2013, 07:53:07 pm »

(I'll go ahead and take a slot, then. I didn't realize there were four left, not three. If four other people want to join, I'll back off, though.)
((I'd also want in then.))

"Err, Grate? I think you should just go on ahead, don't help me here. Go on ahead, I can take care of myself.

"Who's Lyhir by the way?"

Get out of the wash, in any area where I'm sure the shooter wouldn't see me. Which means get out of the wash, and into some nearby cover. But examine the area outside for any traps first.
I think you may be the only one left in here. You may want to pause the game for the moment, till you get some non-crippled people.

Or you could go on the mission if you wanted. I don't think you've been on one since the Plague colony.
((I haven't been on one since then :) ))

Err, pause game and head to mission?

None of you will touch Grate and Lyra when I'm around. :|
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:54:41 pm by Tiruin »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14799 on: June 14, 2013, 10:17:19 pm »

((PW: No, I didn't want any more information, I was just ensuring that Charles had the required meta-knowledge to use all the functions of the weapon.))
Using his faceplate to hide his gaze, Charles carefully examines each person in the briefing room in close detail. He does not move from his current position.
He then introduces himself. <Speech Roll>
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:39:40 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Celebrating one year of Space Based Idiocy
« Reply #14800 on: June 14, 2013, 10:19:57 pm »

None of you will touch Grate and Lyra when I'm around. :|
((Yay!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #14801 on: June 14, 2013, 11:45:43 pm »

Harry
Lenglon
Xantalos
Kriellya
Grunhill
GWG
ragnarok97071
Empiricist
TCM
Tiruin
(Faith too, if she wants, to fast track her back into the game.)

These people are officially on mission 10. Briefing at the bottom of this post.

"Yeah, that's ok. I'll probably kick myself if it happens to be useful without bad side effects and can't be replicated... but I don't like the idea of just hauling around a pill of questionable use."

Hand over the pill.
You hand the pill off to the nurse who hands it off to Maurice, who disappears into the back of the infirmary. Hmm..guess thats it for now.

((That is... awesome and ingenious with infinite potential. If you ever do that, I'm reserving a spot in the waitlist from now.
Or you can make it Perplexicon: Magic is confusing: chapter 3: Whacky alchemist: stories of smoking everything you can burn and everything you can't.
Although I like the idea of people selling the results of their bad trip to survive. Sounds much more interesting and fun.))
Preplexicon is already so unweildly massive that It ill-needs more complexity to destroy my mind box. Though it is true that it could be adapted for use in that..but would require lots of rework...Oh well.

More on that and the other two games eventually.

((Would build-in kinetic amps still require one of them 50-use batteries? and would it still be an uncon roll if they're build in? also, PW, my token count is 12, right?))

"All right then. So 4-5 for a full coating of unsophisticated armor. How effective would that be? And how effective and expensive would the next step up be? Also, what is the price for a build in kinetic amp in the fist? And I don't suppose you have some module to more reliably hit things in melee or ranged? Oh, and you forgot, can you mount the Mk.III rocket system on it if it has armor and how much would that cost? I don't suppose your wrench monkeys have some special stuff back there for robo-body-upgrades?"

Ask am for info/prices

((I'm sorry if all these questions are tedious and/or annoying. I don't know any other way of getting all the info))
Yes, yes,and yes.

"It would be pretty effective against solid projectiles, less against lasers. Next level up would probably be twice as expensive and add resistance to lasers as well as more physical resistance. Building an amp in would be just the cost of the amp, as far as I'm concerned. Not that I know of. Least not without brain surgery. And mounting rockets on it would be about one half the cost of the MK III itself. Like 8 tokens, if memory serves."

((I'd join.))

"Never gave it much thought. My parents, siblings and the rest of my family are all dead by now if I understand this whole 'space travel' thing." Milno answers, his left hand's sharpened prosthetic fingers drumming the side of his cheek as he considered the consequences. "I don't have much perspective for my future. The only reason I'm used to all this tech things because I spent some months in jail at the capital."

Keep talking.

She smiles a bit and then, for an instant, looks the slightest bit regretful.

"I'm sure there will always be work for someone with your skills."

((Out of curiosity, where did the character list go?))
It was massively out of date.Also,I hit the character limit in the post. May post a new one as a file up soon

((... May is going on mission with Lyra and Grate...))
((Whoa, looks like I came back just in time or just too late. :D

So, what have I missed? Any hints as to the current mission?

Also mmmmm, delicious gravy.))

Snap out of it. Remember if I've been robo-molested. Examine occupants of the briefing room.
I don't honestly remember, but all things considered, there's probably a good chance of it.

They include a child, a May, a bunch of people who you don't recognize, Feyri, That guy who killed Maurice for a little while, and more people you don't recognize.

((PW: No, I didn't want any more information, I was just ensuring that Charles had the required meta-knowledge to use all the functions of the weapon.))
Using his faceplate to hide his gaze, Charles carefully examines each person in the briefing room in close detail. He does not move from his current position.
He then introduces himself. <Speech Roll>

NO TIME FOR CLOSE EXAMINATION!

it's about 50% pervert though. 10% child. 10% well intentioned but prone to failure. 30% Haven't done enough for me to form a clear picture of them.

[speech:4+2]
Hello. My name is Charles. I'm prone to hallucinations and Murder. Pleased to meet you all.

And Now the briefing.

>I'll get right down to it, shall I? Not terribly far from here, by astrological standards, is a planet that goes by the name of Inti. Strange place; rigid caste system, leader considered to be empowered by the gods. At least according to the official religion endorsed by said leader.Anyways, they are a reasonably large planet that have recently undergone two major events. The first being a population boom after the end of a rather bloody civil war. The second being that their capacity to generate food has been undermined as a result of wide spread scorched earth campaigns. Things are fine for now, but the leaders of the planet, as well as the magistar that watches over that planet and the rest in the system, expect that food will run low within the next 6 months or so. And when food runs low, tensions run high.

In other words, they expect riots, uprisings or worse. Our mission is go in and provide some backup to the native forces in the capital. Well, sort of. I'll level with you; you're more there as boogey men. Or scapegoats, should it come to it. People are scared of the HMRC-you can thank the fear mongering of the UWM for that-and your weaponry will be fairly advanced by their standards. So you're gonna be hanging around the capital, providing a nice, faceless spectre of potential violence. Hopefully it will deter any violent raids on the capital itself, at the very least. Still, you may want to pack anti-crowd weapons. That and your scariest Halloween masks.

Any questions?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #14802 on: June 14, 2013, 11:50:10 pm »

Would it not be more effective to simply kill them until they stop starving?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14803 on: June 14, 2013, 11:54:08 pm »

Would it not be more effective to simply kill them until they stop starving?
i love you.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14804 on: June 15, 2013, 12:01:51 am »

"If it comes down to it, what sort of weapons will the potential hostiles have? What sort of physical environment shall we be deployed in?"
Ask.
((PW: How many magazines of each type does Charles have? I've lost track of them.))
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:25:17 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 985 986 [987] 988 989 ... 2101