_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5728125 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16095 on: August 30, 2013, 07:40:14 pm »

"What I mean is that the same 'person' who was tasked with saving mankind during the Altered Wars and took the humans to victory, who predicted the bloating and corruption of UWM and that began gradually expanding its influence, power and capacity in response to that, who was once the grand overseer of the UWM before being downgraded to a quiet custodian, who also devised a new government to take over in place of the current one and who has several ships taking the largest manufacturing worlds of the UWM is standing by our side." he says with his usual confidence.

"You don't get a prize for guessing."
((It isn't Steve.  ;D))
((Nyars))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16096 on: August 30, 2013, 07:49:38 pm »

((I'll pay you, I'll pay you! Please, I just need a little more time. Please don't crush me gigantic fourarmed psychic warrior.

Also, Tiruin, you might want to post an action to wake up in case piecewise forgets that you need healing.))

Go get debriefed. And briefed, hopefully.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 07:51:59 pm by Parisbre56 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16097 on: August 30, 2013, 07:51:13 pm »

((I'll pay you, I'll pay you! Please, I just need a little more time. Please don't crush me gigantic fourarmed psychic warrior.

Also, Tiruin, you might want to post an action to wake up in case piecewise forgets that you need healing.))
((I'm still dead. A useless corpse just like in life.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16098 on: August 30, 2013, 07:52:28 pm »

(@Paris: I'm a lenient guy, and I trust you. ^^^ Just saying here I'm probably going to busy for the rest of the day, too. Just wanting to note that.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16099 on: August 30, 2013, 07:55:14 pm »

((btw, Kriellya, last I checked, you still had Feyri's chainmail uniform))
(( I have her what? Where did I get that? o.O ))
Hand whichever HMRC member is at the gate Feyri's uniform.
((you were on gate guard duty at the time))

A useless corpse just like in life.))
((Stoppit!))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16100 on: August 30, 2013, 07:59:40 pm »

((I'm still dead. A useless corpse just like in life.))
((Don't say that. I don't know about your life but it can't be that bad. Saying stuff like that will only make you feel worse.
Unless you're a zombie, then what you said was 100% justified. :P

What I meant was to remind piecewise that you need reviving.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16101 on: August 30, 2013, 08:00:59 pm »

((btw, Kriellya, last I checked, you still had Feyri's chainmail uniform))
(( I have her what? Where did I get that? o.O ))
Hand whichever HMRC member is at the gate Feyri's uniform.
((you were on gate guard duty at the time))
(( Huh... alright then :P ))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16102 on: August 30, 2013, 08:01:29 pm »

((I messed up my English >__> <__< :( Sorry.))

Erm, be revived/cloned/brought back/returned to the mortal plane?

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16103 on: August 30, 2013, 08:03:50 pm »

Buy a kinetic amplifier and an eigth kiloton charge at the armory.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16104 on: August 30, 2013, 08:10:59 pm »

Since it's a double level-up, put ten in will and six in aux.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16105 on: August 30, 2013, 08:20:13 pm »

"Hrmm. Mutiny.... I'm in. Not that I had much of a choice, but I have a score to settle with the UWM."

((Anything I miss, or forgot about? Or is just wrong?))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 08:32:04 pm by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16106 on: August 30, 2013, 08:24:33 pm »

((Fake eyeballs.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16107 on: August 30, 2013, 11:02:35 pm »

Gonna do level ups, debrief and token giving all at once. For the sake of ease. You'll get your debrief and tokens when you level up.

Year Team:

Despite losing the base and several limbs, I'm going to call this one a success. Lots of ground explored, no fatalities, and plenty of samples taken. There were plenty of stupid actions but I won't begrudge person silliness as long as the mission gets done.

Now, on to particulars:

The flatground samples seem to be extremely efficient at absorbing energy, specifically lasers as long as they're struck on their "surface". It's an interesting property we're trying to back engineer into something protective.

Rocklice samples are interesting, but the R&D people can't see a use for them yet.

The "raditite" crystal and beads have interesting energy generation and storage capacities. It may lead to rather useful power system advancements.

Iron sea wasn't useful.

The lake bed samples are somewhat unique and might be able to be used for self sealing suit technology. Maybe.

Those rock worm samples are fascinating our xenobiologists but our scientists can't think of anything to do with them.

And last, those things Flint found; the blobs that flint found with the metallic stuff inside them. They appear to be some for of rudimentary biological computer of sorts. More on that to come.

Ice-9 Mission.

You know why you were really on that planet? So that one of you could assassinate the leader of that place. The idea was to get that done nice and easy with a minimum of casualties.

That didn't quite work out now did it? Listen. From this point on we're gonna have the eyes of the galaxy on us and we can't afford to act like murderous psychopaths; at least towards civilians. Murder UWM soldiers all you want, but try to restrain yourself around the civies. Otherwise I'm gonna start deducting From your pay. And then I'm gonna have milno start deducting limbs. And not giving you replacements.

Spoiler: Shiny New Grate (click to show/hide)
How did I do?
LEVELED UP

Well...you didn't actively make things worse. Thats actually more then I can say about most of your teammates. 5 tokens.

Ill lend you a hand anton, im heading off to the infirmary after this anyway.

grab one of the handles on my footlocker with one hand and assist anton with the other.
Assist him in making his way to the infirmary once i have finished conversing with miyamoto then pawn him off on a nurse and inquire about having my organic body placed in stasis and my brain installed in a robot body until my 9 remaining missions are complete.

((Also gwg 5 dex is +1/3 not +2/3))

You help Anton over to the Infirmary and immediately shove him into the nearest nurse. You then wander over to Maurice, who eyes your chest of limbs curiously as you ask him about being de-fleshed.

"I dunno..." He says, scratching his chin, "I dunno if I should give ya preferential treatment like that. Or everyone is gonna be in here looking for bits..." He think for a moment before looking around and whispering to you, "But if you slipped me a few tokens I could arrange it for you."

Good, if fairly standard work. 10 tokens.

Spoiler: Lyra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Levelup (click to show/hide)
after hacking up stasis goo on the floor, look at the very large crowd surrounding me and rapidly back up into whatever corner I can find.

LEVELED UP

Saved Feyri. Good. 6 token.

Cough up stasis fluid. Head to the armory if I can leave. Say:

"Galactic conquest? Yeah, are the rest of us staying here?"

((As a new player do I start with any tokens? Or at the least some kind of weapon. I don't want to have to run around punching everything to death when my first mission comes...))
You head over to the armory, where the armory master is just taking her seat and putting her feet up.

"Yeah? You need something?" She asks as you walk up to the window.

wait, silently trembling, in my corner of the overpopulated room. look for opportunities to escape.
YOU'RE FREAKING OUT MAN, YOU"RE FREAKING OUT!

Something to do, I suppose. I've watched a city burn, now I may as well gaze upon the stars crumbling.
"Correction. If I heard right from hearsay, you watched a city freeze. Continuing that progression, you better not be causing the heat death of the universe while we're not looking."

Anton turns to the three team leaders.

"Although I have to concur in that I see no immediate gain from taking over the galaxy. I mean... it's fine and all to throw off an oppressive regime, but who are we to say that we are putting anyone better into power? We'd be causing untold death and destruction... probably moreso than is standard procedure for the HMRC as I've seen it, even - and the final outcome of that is... what?

I would prefer to have an oppressive regime ruling a galaxy with a semblance of order, than a decapitated puppet of a government trying to keep control as worlds disintegrate in its hands and it struggles to just stand on its own two legs. Aheh. Sorry, puns are my way of coping.

What I meant to say is, first and foremost - I hope you all know what you're doing. As for me, I think I'll just try to survive in your wake. And maybe toss you a gun or two to keep you going. Good luck.
"

With that, Anton makes sure he's dressed, then hobbles off to the Infirmary to get his leg fixed, and checks on the status of his possessions. Did the chair get brought back too?

You get yourself a nice metal leg. And yeah, we'll say you brought your wheelchair.

Good work with the technical aspects of the mission, but I can't say you did a whole lot to distinguish yourself. Regardless, competence is all I really ask for.  10 tokens

Alexis returns to her testing area to continue with it to get her upgrade after going to buy a box of random goodies, preferably ones that are related to my skills or come in the high tech armor variety.
Eh, we'll let you out of your testing for now. You were almost done with it anyways. As per buying that box: Really you can either go random or you can choose based on the symbols on the boxes. I can't really say if what you pick will be related to your skills or will be armor.

((We are only supposed to level-up after the briefing, not before it. And do we get any extra stats for being in a mission this long?

Also, I get it we're not going to be receiving the full logs right now. When? After the game is done? Because I really don't want you to lose them.
))

An overthrow. And that is why you shouldn't trust computers.

We are going to destroy UWM? And replace it with what? What could be the overall plan that would allow of an overall Galaxy stability?

Regardless, if it comes just down to destroying the UWM, I'm down with it. The younger me wouldn't. But ever since their betrayal of me I stopped worrying about the long-term consequences. However...

...Are we replacing it with computers? Will computers rule humanity now? Having a collection of bickering planets, each one at war with the other, is one thing. Beatiful in it's own way. Having the computers rule is another. And I won't be down with that. And of course, they are telling as much as they don't, to have us dance on their strings. Can't say I blame them, but from our side...

I've still got that spinal chip and Steve is still listening to my every word. An opportinuty to remedy that on the planetoid was lost. Maybe I should have spent more time on that. Hindsight.

As for the person, I have no idea who she means, but I hardly trust a vision anyone, even that mythic being, has. Assuming he exists. Funny how selecting a few convincts and giving the a proprietary chat makes them feel like they are a higher class than you.

Get dressed. Make sure Zephyris, the brain-dead comrade gets dressed, and continues to follow me. Then help Anton. And then head to briefing I suppose.
You make sure Zeph is dressed before you get yourself dressed as well.

You didn't really grab any useful stuff when it comes right down to it, but the sheer bulk of the area you explored makes up for that. Good Job on the tactical cowardice as well. 13 tokens.

Go to VR.
You head to the VR and take a seat in one of the machines.

Jack sits quietly near his stasis pod, taking everything in, he then gets cleaned up and presentable and tries to find the armory on the ship.
You find the Armory fairly easily- there are signs for it all over the place- and walk up to the kiosk. The woman inside seems rather disinterested in your presence. You might have to ask her for something before she does anything.

TUM TE TUM. ((Guess I'm stuck on the ship forever, due to not joining up sooner.))

STEPHEN HAWKING stays in stasis. Because nothing involving him is going on. Woo
You'll be doing things. Don't worry. I'll find some sort of way to get you out into combat. Because Otherwise I'll never be able to get you to do terrible speech rolls about how you want to bone black holes.

Well then. I guess I'll go wait for shit to hit the fan on board while you guys are off taking over the universe. Have fun, bring back presents.

Mill around the barracks until the debrief that will never come happens :P

(( hmm... and now I think I understand what happened last mission... Last two missions, possibly. ))
(Level up to get your tokens and briefing stuff.)

TUM TE TUM. ((Guess I'm stuck on the ship forever, due to not joining up sooner.))

Which is exactly why I never actually joined properly after making my character, older player will never take newer players with them on any of the missions so newer players will be stuck with the tiny jobs that pay far less and give far less experience. So the gap will continue to expand and the newer players are never going to get a chance to do any of the bigger interesting jobs.

There was no sense in joining a game in which at best all I can do is the crap other players don't want to do because they will pick there friends and ignore everybody else.
((A completely legitimate reason. More deaths and faster missions would fix this, but I suppose it works the way it works.))
((That's rather overdramatic. Other than having designated insurrection teams, what makes you say any of that?))

Quote from: Message to Doctor
I have some things I'd like to talk to you about, when you get the time. Some of the limitations of my current inhibitor system, and the quality of some gear and corpses I found.

Get healed. Recover amp club from Stacy. Message Doctor.
You go to the infirmary and the nurses lead you into the back and into a large tank full of a strange, milky fluid. You submerge yourself and float, arms crossed, as your flesh reknits itself.

Is Stacy up for that? Or are you reclaiming it by force if needed?

Anytime you're ready.

Grate waves his hand in the air.

wait, silently trembling, in my corner of the overpopulated room. look for opportunities to escape.
Still waving his hand in the air, Grate goes over to Lyra.
"Are you okay?"
"...Oh yeah! What do I do?"

He then turns back towards Lyra and shakes her shoulder a bit. "Are you okay?"
nod once
You guys can move around the ship now. I'll give you a few days to screw around before we begin everything. I'll do level ups and tokens and stuff today, but in general, People from the long mission, expect between 10-15 tokens. And Fucked shit up team, you should expect 5 or so tokens and a stern talking to. It was a success though. Also, for stats (NOT FOR ITEMS THIS IS ISN'T FOR YOUR INVENTORY DON'T YELL AT ME FOR THINGS MISSING) heres the thing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzsdww2e8yf2v89/idiots%20in%20space.txt
You guys can move around the ship now.
flee to the barracks, once there curl up on my bed and mourn Feyri.

INFINITE SADNESS

Mesk shakes his head to clear it.  "Did I hear right?  I'm going on another mission?  Shit."
He looks around at the new faces - including, surprisingly, a child.  "So... it seems I've missed a lot.  What's up?"

+5 Willpower, +3 Aux, token count.
LEVELED UP

Good job. You've practically turned sleeping standing up into a science. 10 tokens.

Go get my leg fixed. Try to wheedle a synth flesh leg out of the doc.
Go practice amp stuff in VR.

You get a robot leg for yourself after the Doc slaps down all attempts to cheat your way to a synth one. That done, you head to the vr.

(( By the time new players are actually being chosen for those super hard missions they'll just be a case of watch team leader do everything then go home but what the hell may as well waste some time.
The point I'm trying to make is it's completely unfair to the newest players to suddenly not place them onto the next missions automatically. Hell most of the reason I joint was because I thought I'd get into a mission pretty quickly since I like sink or swim moments. Not end up sitting on the ship for months while people just coming back from missions go out again.

But yes point made, newer players just have to accept it.))

Go visit the doctor and ask him to genetically enhance my body in every possible way to make me far superior to a human. Then go spend all 5 tokes on a box of randomness hoping for some super special armor or exotic weapons.

Well, you can get a medium box for 5 tokens. You want just a random one or you want to pick based on the symbols on the box?

Also, the Doc isn't gonna just give you a bunch of genetic toys for free. Generally, he'll change you in whatever way he feels like for free, but that could lead to strange things.

((Level up baby!

Spending a year on a barren wasteland, having to improvise with what they had on hand and having to make some tough decisions, Miyamoto felt like he had taken a crash course in survival skills, people skills and organizational stuff. He therefore felt a little bit smarter (+5 intelligence) and more well-rounded than the previous year.
And yet again, the whole ordeal had been most... eccentric (+3 Uncon).

@PW: my stat sheet seems to be missing my +2 Zero G spear fishing. ))

Go to Am, ask following, send message with wristpad if she isn't at her kiosk:

"Hey there, I was wondering how bad Gilgamesh is. He took quite the beating, so I was wondering if there will be any... permanent damage. Also, could you maybe unlock battlesuits and their variants in VR? I need to do some modifications to Gilgamesh, and it might get technical. I'd also like the battlesuit manual please, if you still have that one."
Leveled up!

Good job running the mission, even if you did lock yourself in the commander's room half the time. 14 tokens.

It's been repaired. The Suits have always been unlocked in the VR as far as I know. And that manual is on the VR too, if you care to look.
STEPHEN HAWKING, anticipating possible usefulness later, gets his butt out of stasis and goes back to the armory master, requesting a Kinetic Amplifier.
Afterward he sees if Nyars has any budget (2 token) surprises available.

Kinetic amp Bought. However Nyars' smallest box is 3 token. Maybe you could borrow/steal from one of the newly rich members of the year team.

"...If we're not doing what we came here to do...Can I leave?"

Spoiler: Upgrades (click to show/hide)

((Item/Token List, please.))
LEVEL UP

Yeah, so you didn't burn down the city. But you did shoot a man for no real reason. 5 tokens.

((Yay! One of the safest missions too. In addition, I think Vich is getting good tokens from it. One more mission and I will be able to use amps!

Level-up: Skills: +5 to Exo for a total of 6, and +1 to Uncon for a total of 1
Stats: +5 to Will of a total of 15, +1 to Charisma for a total of 5, +2 to Dexterity for a total of 5, +2 to Intrelligence for a total of 5.))
Leveled.

((Okay, so here's Anton post-levelup, assuming the leg is fixed without issue, and assuming the chair and the Red Hand both survived the mission - I'm sure Piecewise will correct me if I'm wrong on any counts.

A year of running around a rocky wasteland performing sciencey and repairey stuff has taken its toll on Anton, causing him to shape up a little, and being forced to communicate with everyone else has even advanced his people skills. His other skills have also improved, such as his ability to drive a vehicle or intuit a solution to a weird-ass situation, but most of all the massive amount of time spent scrutinizing camera footage and trying to figure out what the hell was going on around him has really bolstered his think tank - or so he thinks.
(+1 STR, +2 AGI, +1 END, +5 INT, +1 WIL; +1 Intuit, +1 Speech, +2 Handi, +2 Aux)

))
Leveled.

So, Steve, I'm curious. I see the motivation 'for the greater good' and all, and for us there's certainly a good amount of 'screw the system that screwed us', but... if you succeed, what do you plan to do with us? We are prisoners by UWM authority, though it wouldn't surprise me if you had a hand in picking who did and didn't get sent to your care. Not expecting to be the hero of your day, obviously, but when the UWM falls, what are we to you? Are we still prisoners?

Try to chat up Steve

>I created the HMRC to gain fleshy agents for my plans. You're not prisoners, you're soldiers. When we finish this you'll be free to go. In fact, if you want, you can get off on Hephaestus and live out your life there.

((double levelup... i fucking love you :D))

Leveled. Thank you for that.

((Well, I was going to post some quite long strategic pondering, but 1: so many ninja's, 2, it would probably be restating that which is known anyways, namely that even just the Sword would probably be capable of taking a good-size planet alone, and Steve probably has the cooperation of other ships.

Also, Double levelups are a wonderful gift, but will there be a proper debrief? And can I get a copy of what you have in terms of my equipment and such, so I can begin keeping my own?))

So we're going to be one of the Geschäftstätigkeit squads of this rebellion Steve's cooked up, eh? I suppose that's a... logical position for me, if I must be on the front lines. Or rather, behind the enemy's front lines.

If there's no (de)briefing for a bit, head to the armory.

>12 tokens. Christ there's a lot of you buggers.

Astra was stunned, although not dissapointed, she had been tired of the UMW for quite a while, in the end it landed her here. but se was not in the fight for now. She could however continue working on her physimancer's sidearm

GO back to vr, add conical focusing chamber to device, test fire it at various soft and medium targets, do not even attempt hard targets like a battlesuit.

and sorry but I need to like right now! need to move some plants for someone
Conical shockwaves aren't terribly deadly, even to soft targets unless you're right up in their jock, so to speak. It's a great "less then lethal" weapon though. Clearly if you want it to kill, you're gonna need to focus it more.

Go get debriefed. And briefed, hopefully.
Level up for dat, Stint Northplastic.

((I messed up my English >__> <__< :( Sorry.))

Erm, be revived/cloned/brought back/returned to the mortal plane?
You wake up in the Infirmary, a brain imbedded in a mechanical body. Welp.

Buy a kinetic amplifier and an eigth kiloton charge at the armory.
Got em.

Since it's a double level-up, put ten in will and six in aux.
Grumble. Updating.

"Hrmm. Mutiny.... I'm in. Not that I had much of a choice, but I have a score to settle with the UWM."

((Anything I miss, or forgot about? Or is just wrong?))

>10. Good job shooting down the ship, I guess.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzsdww2e8yf2v89/idiots%20in%20space.txt
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hilgaf7r2iu9fs/men.txt

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16108 on: August 30, 2013, 11:09:45 pm »

Herp derp forgot to level up officially.

End: +5 ->10
Exo: +3 -> 8

That's about it, really.

Stats:
Willpower: 15 (+1)
Endurance: 10 (2/3)
All others zero.

Skills:
8 exotic weapons. All others zero.

Profession: transhuman (+1 exotic, -1 charisma)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16109 on: August 30, 2013, 11:15:39 pm »

Charles attends the debriefing after getting dressed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:22:53 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want
Pages: 1 ... 1072 1073 [1074] 1075 1076 ... 2101