_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732178 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16215 on: August 31, 2013, 02:45:12 pm »

Wait a sec where did my stuff go? o.o

Level up, all points in DEX and UNCONVENTIONAL WEAPONS, then go try to get a CYBORG ARM.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16216 on: August 31, 2013, 02:46:34 pm »

Pop out of VI and go over to the old guy.
Because bored with blowing up fake things.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16217 on: August 31, 2013, 02:48:54 pm »

((And so the mad dash for Tinker has begun.))
((I'm hoping to construct/prototype something useful before the heck breaks loose, so that someone on the insurgence teams can field-test it for me. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16218 on: August 31, 2013, 02:51:49 pm »

((I'm hoping to construct/prototype something useful before the heck breaks loose, so that someone on the insurgence teams can field-test it for me. ^_^))
((I'm hoping to achieve something.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16219 on: August 31, 2013, 02:52:25 pm »

((Indeed. TO TINKER!!!))

Open up Tinker and get to work. Also, price-check on Uncon overcompensator? Specifics spoilered for space conservation.))

Spoiler: Tinker Work (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:29:17 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16220 on: August 31, 2013, 03:03:42 pm »

((Yeah that and the ability to search for secret functions, just figured that I'd phrase it in a way that would make better sense for the character.))  Having brushed up on the weaponry, Jack decided to see what the recreation room had to offer.  Head to the rec room.
Edit: Spelling error.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 03:22:10 pm by Alarith »
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16221 on: August 31, 2013, 03:18:57 pm »

Go get my flamethrower, then go to Miyamoto

"Hey, Miya, brought your merchandise. Say, any chance I can borrow an additional 6 tokens? I'll pay em back as soon as I can, promise."

Sell the flamethrower with spare cannister to Miyamoto for 2 tokens, borrow 6 additional tokens if he lets me

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16222 on: August 31, 2013, 03:46:56 pm »

"Thanks. Wish I could remember how I did it. Or what these goggles do. Damn xenos."

Head to armory, talk to the AM.

"Excuse me, but since we are about to begin a galactic mutiny, I was wondering if I could bounce some ideas for defenses off you. I would go to the VR but I'm certain they're all full, and it's going to get ugly there. Oh, and Steve, how much free reign are you going to give us in terms of creating barricades? Could we cut into walls and such?"

((It begins. Oh do I have ideas for barricading the fuck out of the Sword. Also, green hexagons appear to be something wearable. Both Simus's Phase armor(8 token), and Morul's weirdvision goggles(3 token) were green hexes.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16223 on: August 31, 2013, 04:02:20 pm »

Make the focusing chamber from something a bit stronger than steel

OK now make an arm mount for the weapon and place the trigger on the glove, specifically a 2 part trigger, one in the palm of the hand, that gets pressed when the hand is balled into a fist, the other on the side of the index finger, ready to be pressed by the thumb. once this is done objectively test just firing, and swigging while firing(coming to a stop as I push the button), do this by summoning  a long row of 1cm thick panes of glass, the amount of panes broken should tell relative strength, test each fire mode 10 times (still actualy a small sample size but it will give me the gist)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 04:29:04 pm by wolfchild »
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16224 on: August 31, 2013, 04:06:15 pm »

Well, the man named "Bishop" should be onboard now... I might as well verify...
Charles attempts to will the sheep back to him.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16225 on: August 31, 2013, 05:20:37 pm »

(( Has anyone had a box with a green hexagon before? It might give me a hint to whats inside the box. ))
((Green hexagons included Simus' phase armor and Morul's goggles of seeing weird stuff.
Gold hexagons we haven't had yet.))
((We haven't had that many data points yet, but there's been a lot of very speculative theorycrafting as to the code.

What we know so far:

Green Square, Horizontal Line: Some sort of silver armor that flowed strangely over its wearer. Exact effects unknown.
Green Hexagon, No Line: Simus' Phase Armor. Appears to let her phase through solid matter with a successful Will check.
Green Hexagon, No Line: Morul's Goggles. I'm not caught up enough on the mission thread to know if we've learned anything else, but they let him see a lot about things... and seem to have permanently altered his vision. Also thin men creeping about in vision mode.

Gold Triangle, Vertical Line: Strange box with a note on it saying "I'm not coming back this time" or similar. Creepy as hell, but never tested, so effects unknown.
Gold Heptagon, Vertical Line: Timmy's Sphere. Ho-lee shit. A fascinating marble thing that altered someone to let them use space magic, which repeatedly warped his form in the process. Overuse resulted in the host being completely taken over and his soul banished to a timeless dimension of madness, presumably waiting his chance to feast on some other sap. Timmy's Tears are a result of this madness, and someone else who abused those was then eaten by whatever Timmy had become.
Gold Heptagon, Diagonal Line: Death Cube. Magic cube, wielder managed to disintegrate themselves using its incomprehensible control scheme.

We also have data on several more items, but they're less relevant to the specifics of you two's boxes.

So, what might potentially be true:

Red we're(I'm) guessing is weapons. The one item we've gotten is a weapon, and it's the only pure weapon we've gotten. It could also potentially be "handheld."
Blue appears to be either medical, medicinal, or chemical in nature. Everything blue has been a drug-ish-thing of some sort. Two have had permanent effects, one is unknown.
Purple may be self modification or similar. Of the two items we've gotten, one was Mesk's ultraregen, and the other has been Chin's voices flask.
Green seems to be wearables. All three items have been wearable, which seems like an odd category, but here we are.
Gold I have theorized to be "weird ass shit." We've got some sort of weird portal box, a magic death sphere, and a doom box. Gold may be things that mess with reality in ways that really aren't intended, although why Morul's goggles aren't on there is anyone's guess. Maybe not weird enough?

Shape we don't have any particularly good leads on. There seems to have been a very general progression of strength/complexity/danger from circle to heptagon, but that's it and it's a bit shaky. For instance, blue circle turned out a permanent painkiller- just, literally a pill that made you not feel pain anymore. Gold heptagon turned out the deathspheres and death cube.

On the other hand, purple pentagon was Chin's voices flask, while Mesk's ultragen was only purple square. So... Chin's flask, which fills him with the souls of departed HMRC members or somesuch, is more useful/powerful/dangerous/complex than Mesk's robots that instantly repair most damage he takes? Seems peculiar, which may push it away from objective "usefulness" or similar and more towards the subjective, double-edged versions. Or we could be completely wrong.

Lines we're really strained for. It seems like they should be modifiers for the rest, which is why I secretly suspect they're the most important attribute and PW is trolling us. That said:

No line I'm not sure of. There's no pattern I can figure out, which may imply it's a lack of category like you'd expect.
Vertical has seemed fucking weird, but both our verticals were also gold, so take that with a grain of salt. Timmy's Sphere and that peculiar "no return" box were both vertical; that could also imply something about danger, interdimensional travel, utility, or just about anything else.
Horizontal has seemed defensive or maybe largely benign, but again, not enough data. The black sphere that produced whatever pill Gorat wanted it to produce, Mesk's ultragen, and Simus' shifting armor have all been horizontal. They're also all been squares, so...
Diagonal, from the two samples we have, might mean aggressive, dangerous, flexible, or complex. Morul's death cube and a weird, seemingly alive, twitching throwing star type thingy both came out of diagonals.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16226 on: August 31, 2013, 05:59:48 pm »

Go get my flamethrower, then go to Miyamoto
"Hey, Miya, brought your merchandise. Say, any chance I can borrow an additional 6 tokens? I'll pay em back as soon as I can, promise."
Sell the flamethrower with spare cannister to Miyamoto for 2 tokens, borrow 6 additional tokens if he lets me

"Oh yeah, that flamethrower of yours. Not exactly the most stealthy of weapons huh?. Anyway, here are your two tokens, as was agreed upon.

Won't be able to lend you those 6 tokens just yet though. Because a) I still need to do some modifications to Gilgamesh in Vr, so I might need my tokens for that, and b) you might be able to get some tokens from Milno if we indeed get some sort of extra budget for this mission. Come back to me once you know for sure you won't get those tokens otherwise. That ok with you?"

Pay the man his 2 tokens, get flammenwerfer in return. Don't lend him the tokens yet.

VR tinker actions:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Sorry for asking this much of you at once, but I really want to have this done before we leave for our next mission.

Also, question: could you explain how those 'special techniques'/'custom techniques' work again? what are the prerequisites for creating one? Talking about stuff like this.))
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 03:48:08 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16227 on: August 31, 2013, 06:02:07 pm »

Yeah, thats doable, though there are only 3
focusing chambers to work with, so it's gonna be
more like one on each side, then one on each side
to feed into that center one, then one to focus the
center one.

Also, when you say dual beam, do you mean fires
two beams or just uses the energy of the two
beams?
I guess that'll have to do, dual beam uses the energy of both but still only fires a single beam.

save project under filename heavy pulsed laser, check firing range statistics for all four firing modes. (Standard two + overcharged 2)

Begin tinkering with my weapons hardmount.

Spoiler: prosthetic hardmount (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: and just for fun (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 06:28:53 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16228 on: August 31, 2013, 06:06:05 pm »

((Darn, now I need to get myself 6 more tokens before the mission begins. If I don't, i'll be mighty useless, overshooting all the time. Are there really no takers for a cheap MKII? I seem to remeber at least one person from the long mission expressing interest))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16229 on: August 31, 2013, 06:07:22 pm »

((Darn, now I need to get myself 6 more tokens before the mission begins. If I don't, i'll be mighty useless, overshooting all the time. Are there really no takers for a cheap MKII? I seem to remeber at least one person from the long mission expressing interest))
((I feel ya. Given, it is my fault kinda that I got no tokens, but still.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 2101