_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732147 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16275 on: August 31, 2013, 10:10:25 pm »

(( I love how the tinker posts have been getting larger and larger as the game goes on XD
And... hmm... looks like an RC bola of sorts? I suppose that would be with a scout eye on both ends. I think I get the idea, it would be quite a feat of engineering to get it to not vibrate that scout eye to death. It's operation would also hinge on the scout eye being able to pull the mono-filament taught, also quite the feat. Let's see what PW has to say :P ))

4 with a resale of 2? Mmm, that wouldn't be too bad. Still, I'd like to see how many tokens I can gather up from my pile of junk, I'd kind of like to get a nice medkit. Though since I'm on ship defense, I might be able to talk one out of the infirmary... How many tokens do you need for your de-comp?

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16276 on: August 31, 2013, 10:18:58 pm »

"Well, I need about 20 tokens in total, that's for the best decomp. So really, no matter how much I get for this thing, I'll still have to borrow tokens from someone. I just want to borrow the least amount possible, you know? It's never good to be in debt"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16277 on: August 31, 2013, 10:20:15 pm »

((It's almost a Known Space-universe variable sword, with a disemboweled drone instead of a tip to let you know where the end of the blade is, no stasis field to make it actually swordlike, and it vibrates to do damage instead of simply being monoatomic.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16278 on: August 31, 2013, 10:24:18 pm »

(Only five count may count as completed missions, but I've been on six so my answer is still truthful. :P Also, just noting, but as Cael/Milno and Steve explained earlier, the 'you have to do ten' thing doesn't really apply anymore. If characters REALLY want to leave the HMRC they can do so as soon as the ship lands.)
((I don't think he meant that. I think he meant that we can come off and live normally after the rebellion succeeds. But yeah, 10 missions don't apply anymore.))

"Well, I need about 20 tokens in total, that's for the best decomp. So really, no matter how much I get for this thing, I'll still have to borrow tokens from someone. I just want to borrow the least amount possible, you know? It's never good to be in debt"
Seeing Pancaek going around and asking for tokens, Vich turns to him: "How many do you need? I have a lot of tokens right now, and I won't be spending them anytime soon. Funny thing, I'm also saving up for a decompensator. So if I give you as many as you need for you to get what you want, you can repay me later by giving me as many as I need. And then I can repay you later after I myself go on a mission."
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:27:06 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16279 on: August 31, 2013, 10:46:54 pm »

@paris: not only will i test your whip for you, ill likely also want to keep it.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16280 on: August 31, 2013, 10:54:54 pm »

((I messed up my English >__> <__< :( Sorry.))

Erm, be revived/cloned/brought back/returned to the mortal plane?
You wake up in the Infirmary, a brain imbedded in a mechanical body. Welp.

. . .

Well. I knew this would happen one day. I just wish they wiped all my memory first.

..Well, arms work. Legs work. At least this proves my theory back in Med school that the brain can control robotic appendages..I still wonder how they matched it with my...err, CNS. At least I can feel my emotions..as far as brain chemistry goes. Hooray.

Ugh, great. I'm not even sure if I have a spine. Wait, why do I feel like I'm thinking fr-ahh right. Chest cavity. Great. Now I'm seeing things..a bit higher than usual. Great. Just great.

...So that's how I died, huh. At least Lyra is safe..and Grate. I hope.

That sounds like Jim. Crap. What will he say when he sees me?..what will they all say.

Ugh. Just five missions left, and then perhaps I can be incinerated. Bluh.

Ooooh great he's coming nearer. Did he see me yet?

Examine surroundings. Examine body. Try to resist depression. Find and get INTO my MKIII suit, close visor or anything that would reveal how I look.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:10:59 pm by Tiruin »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16281 on: August 31, 2013, 11:11:31 pm »

((...What's the point of using Tokens anymore? We're all in the same struggle here. Do Steve, the AM and Nyars need them to pay for booty calls or something?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16282 on: August 31, 2013, 11:12:00 pm »

((...What's the point of using Tokens anymore? We're all in the same struggle here. Do Steve, the AM and Nyars need them to pay for booty calls or something?))
((My question.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16283 on: August 31, 2013, 11:12:48 pm »

((It keeps newbies from getting ahold of the most powerful stuff the HMRC has to offer and promptly destroying stuff because they don't know what to do with it.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16284 on: August 31, 2013, 11:12:59 pm »

((My question.))
((Game logic.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16285 on: August 31, 2013, 11:17:12 pm »

((My question.))

((Same here, but as GWG and Thear said,))

((It keeps newbies from getting ahold of the most powerful stuff the HMRC has to offer and promptly destroying stuff because they don't know what to do with it.))
((Game logic.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16286 on: August 31, 2013, 11:19:32 pm »

Someone was looking for 'the old guy' right?

Was that me?

Is there another old guy?

Because I assume Cecil is currently busy with the whole...  robot arm thing.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16287 on: August 31, 2013, 11:20:04 pm »

((From what I've noticed, ER runs more on Relative Logic than Game Logic. Case in point being the Dam and Tropical Kingdom missions. If Game Logic were applicable, those missions would have lasted a lot longer than they did. So there must be some sort of in-game reason for tokens to still exist.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16288 on: August 31, 2013, 11:21:21 pm »

Someone was looking for 'the old guy' right?

Was that me?

Is there another old guy?

Because I assume Cecil is currently busy with the whole...  robot arm thing.
((Stacy. Xan and him are best buddies now.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16289 on: August 31, 2013, 11:25:07 pm »

((From what I've noticed, ER runs more on Relative Logic than Game Logic. Case in point being the Dam and Tropical Kingdom missions. If Game Logic were applicable, those missions would have lasted a lot longer than they did. So there must be some sort of in-game reason for tokens to still exist.))
((No, it doesn't work like that. Those things are not tied together, and you're mixing up railroading and game balance. And it wasn't Tropical, it was a Desert.))

Pages: 1 ... 1084 1085 [1086] 1087 1088 ... 2101