_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1096 1097 [1098] 1099 1100 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732102 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16455 on: September 02, 2013, 05:02:35 pm »

Hey steve, i feel somewhat undervalued and too poor to fund all my tinkering, could i get an extra token or two for being a competant surgeon and also going on a daring rescue mission to recover Jack from the evil clutches of his own highly electrified stupidity?))

attempt to get some tokens from steve, Head over to the armory while maurice arranges things and ask about how much my weapon hardpoint will cost, also ask about a heavy variant for use on a mining exosuit or mobility battlrsuit capable of being mounted on the underside of an arm or on an armature that allows it to fire over the shoulder and be retracted to sit flush with the back when not in use. (See seans auxiliary suit picture)
((Oh and if possible get the firing mode selector integrated into the regulator circuit then use the spare circuitry for another overcharger.))

After questioning AM on hardpoints pay her to build my heavy pulsed laser from the 3 gauss rifles and 2 of the laser rifles in my footlocker, keep all leftover materials.
((speaking of hardpoints, up to what STR requirement for weapons can mine accomodate and if i make another heavier reinforced version would that increase its psuedo-str score?))

Spoiler: and just for fun (click to show/hide)
((Did this work or need work? Generator doesnt need to instantly fill the containment tank, just slowly replenish and maintain the plasma.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 09:08:20 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16456 on: September 02, 2013, 05:14:15 pm »

(( Daaamn, that's much more expensive than I expected. Like, 5-7 more than expected. And I actually meant integrating the mining laser that sits in my locker, the one I looted on sharkmist mission.

Also, damn you for mentioning buying an avatar of war. I had begun considering it, but decided against it because... Emotional attachment?
Basically, when I gave my battlesuit a name, it was to personalize it, to make it feel more unique. That worked out so well that I would now feel kinda 'guilty' for trading him in simply to gain more power. Although if I could sell it to another player, I think I'd be more ok with that, cause then he would at least still 'exist' withing the game. Not sure if anyone is even capable of buying him right now though.
I also would have to think of another name, but I really like the name 'Gilgamesh' for some reason. Another thing is the fact that an Avatar is good, very good at combat, but not so much at... everything else really. Though seeing how we'll probably be doing a lot more combat than before, that might balance itself out. And if I already had trouble going into corridors, well that's not gonna improve by buying an AoW huh? (By the way, how big is that thing? I believe it should be around 3 meters, right? Because this says 5-6 meters)
And the whole 'semi-permanently entombed in a casket of CFC's with the majority of their nervous system slaved to the suit's systems' rings kinda wrong to me, I always liked the idea of being able to move out of the suit and shake hands with someone or something. Hmm.

So basically, it means that the big argument pro is in terms of power/gameplay, while most arguments against are roleplaying in nature.

Anyone have an opinion on this? Cause I'm really at a loss here.))

Did some quick digging:
Look up Avatar of War variants. Also, check the space inside the cockpit of a battlesuit - what can its operator wear (i.e., is it so small and crammed that only skin-tight clothes can be worn, or is there enough space for a Mk-something suit, for example)?
Avatar and battle suit cockpits are fairly tight, not skin tight or anything but as tight as a fighter jet's cockpit or so. You wouldn't be able to get a MK III's rockets in there, for instance,but you could certainly wear a MK II or something. Although, in the case of the avatar you'd have to get it modified with ports to allow all those nerve ports.
As per Types of Avatars, that depends on what you're looking for when you mean "Type". See there are two ways an Avatar can vary, the first being it's body type and the second being it's equipment and armaments. We'll start with body type.
There's the standard humanoid, The brawler type, the Dexterity type, the endurance/platform type and the speed type.

Actions (numbered for convenience):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Would anyone be interested in buying Gilgamesh? Price negotiable, and paying part now and part after your next mission is agreeable.
It's a Mobility Battlesuit with Cameyes integrated. If you want I could give a list of the stuff that comes with this suit, including but not limited to Electrified Surface Defence System, built-in kinetic amps, Emergency Ejection Pod and others.))

« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:04:27 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16457 on: September 02, 2013, 05:29:22 pm »

((In my humble opinion, the bigger your shiny metal ass is, the more cover I'll have.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16458 on: September 02, 2013, 05:52:17 pm »

Begin a thirteen-part tinker project involving live hamsters and alien crystals, banking on synthflesh being immune or at least more resistant than my fellows to being gassed.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16459 on: September 02, 2013, 05:53:24 pm »

Decompensators
Cheapest: 1/3 chance to prevent overshoots. Do so by simply stopping you from acting.
second Cheapest: 1/3 chance to reduce your overshoot to a number beween 3-5 instead.
second most expensive: 1/3 chance to prevent overshoots by bringing roll down to 5 
Most expensive: always prevent overshoots by bringing the total down to 5.

Token cost in order: 5,7,10,20.
((One question as to the decomps- on the first three, I noticed that the third says 'bring your roll down to five'. Does that refer to the roll itself or the total modified roll?))

Okay, a new, relatively simple tinker thing. How easy would it be to place a gauss rifle and a laser rifle into the same weapon, as in the laser above the gauss rifle, with the gauss rifle generator powering them both?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16460 on: September 02, 2013, 06:21:53 pm »

It's the moment you've all been (in some cases angrily) waiting for:

Spoiler: HALLELUJAH (click to show/hide)

So:

1. Curious why I kept saying "Okay guys, keep in nonlethal, don't escalate it, come on guys we're all friends here?" No, it wasn't just Faith being uselessly soft again! It was because those were our new BFFs. And then Stacy killed them. Killed them all.
2. Well you see Lyra, sometimes Faith has to ruthlessly lie to you to protect you and everyone else from the truth. Technically "because they're all idiots" or similar was close to the truth, though!
3. These go back a lot further than I thought. Given the number of PMs PW probably gets, I don't think we're ever going to get the remainder. On the bright side, it doesn't particularly seem to need it; I had two more posts that I didn't bother to include because they weren't interesting and you could get the context anyway. I included a few notes, but even those weren't completely necessary.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16461 on: September 02, 2013, 06:27:53 pm »

Give one token to Jim, one token to Flint. Make sure Zephyris gets debriefed. (No, I'm not going to steal them. But could you do it please? Five tokens if she doesn't deserve the full ten.)  (Not sure if you included that part, but it should negate the two tokens, and I'm sure they'd like to get their tokens back.)

A question for Piecewise: How would mission 11 be planed differently if Faith did not volunteer at the last moment? Or if it did actually turn out to be all-newbie.

Quote from: Piecewise
Also, I don't have prices for all that. Either use the list provided or give me an idea of what you want; because honestly some of that stuff gets made up specifically for you when someone asks so it's not like I have a giant list here I can just copy paste from.

Faith can post what she's got, then I'll post my side.

Sure, you have it. It's in the hanger. So is the rocket bike. I don't have it in your inventories because, well, you're not exactly holding it in your pocket and didn't exactly buy it.
Well, I remember it getting asked several times by different people who got a reasonable if incomplete listing.
   Morul (I think it was Morul) asked at some point for a stealth apparatus, and got a listing. After that he bought the cheapest one and tried to play a prank on Bishop, but was promptly spotted by him.
   And then multiple people, at the very least Faith, Milno, and several others asked for some form of listing that included Civic Defenders Longcoat and higher suits.

And it'd be a shame to make up new stuff every time somebody asks for it. And I am pretty sure that those listings are enough for my purposes. Maybe somebody (A player who is better at remembering where it was and using a search engine/show posts. I mean, you probably remember it better if it happened to your character.) could find that if you can't?

Quote from: Piecewise
Faith can post what she's got, then I'll post my side.

Sure, you have it. It's in the hanger. So is the rocket bike. I don't have it in your inventories because, well, you're not exactly holding it in your pocket and didn't exactly buy it.
That'd be great, and what I've been clamoring for ever since Faith got her own posting space.

Could you put them, if not in our inventories then somewhere else, so they don't get forgotten about? At least by you if not by players, because you get very confused when we bring out stuff like that.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 08:14:27 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16462 on: September 02, 2013, 06:38:09 pm »

what Faith whispered to Lyra when Lyra confronted Faith in the infirmary:
"Because I'm the only medic, and one of the only people we have, that he's convinced isn't incompetent."

((and from my perspective, it was a half-truth. you simply didn't mention certain things. I knew you weren't mentioning them, but I had also gotten what information I needed. I didn't need more, so I let you have most of your secrecy at that point.))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:40:39 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16463 on: September 02, 2013, 06:43:21 pm »

Put on the helmet and turn it on, see what it does.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16464 on: September 02, 2013, 07:00:30 pm »

Quote from:  To Doc
a humanoid form.

Send. Go for alterations, or for where the Doc is.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16465 on: September 02, 2013, 07:17:57 pm »

((Hellsing Renen is going to be terrifying.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16466 on: September 02, 2013, 07:26:38 pm »

From here.

Piecewise: The level up was in my sheet. However, you're right, I forgot to make it clearer.

Spoiler: Feyri Nirel (click to show/hide)
((Yes I've been taking notes. Orange items = unsure if lost to that Manipulator thing.

Yay level up...))
Level Up!
+3 Dex
+2 Cha
+1 Speech
+2 Con. Weaponry

((May I please know if I retained any items other than what I left on-ship? Also, I suppose I got the usual 5 tokens, am I right?))

-secret mission-
((Oh man do I feel used. Glad it worked out though. :P))

Head over to the Barracks//Quarters and examine the area. Head to bed and sit down. Check for my datapad and begin writing.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Milno Enedrasi
I'm back. How have things been going since we last met?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 07:30:03 pm by Tiruin »

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16467 on: September 02, 2013, 07:27:59 pm »

((>_> I meant to buy a Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier... I guess i'll just have to work with the kinetic amp then? I must have figured kinetic amp was short for that..))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16468 on: September 02, 2013, 07:29:49 pm »

((>_> I meant to buy a Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier... I guess i'll just have to work with the kinetic amp then? I must have figured kinetic amp was short for that..))
((You can always sell the amp back to the AM if you want- you haven't used it yet, after all.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16469 on: September 02, 2013, 07:35:26 pm »

((You can always sell the amp back to the AM if you want- you haven't used it yet, after all.))
((Great idea...))

See if I can exchange my kinetic amp for a Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier, since they both cost the same and I have not used my kinetic amp. If I can do so, find out who can implant it into my head.
Pages: 1 ... 1096 1097 [1098] 1099 1100 ... 2101