_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 [1100] 1101 1102 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732212 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16485 on: September 02, 2013, 09:28:53 pm »

The Gau-laser hybrid has already been done by Nikitan's old character, it's called the chimera gun
((Did it use a generator, and is it available in the armory?))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16486 on: September 02, 2013, 09:30:06 pm »

((Your patronage would be most appreciated, also what kinda thing are you making?

@paris and radio, actually i probably dont need an entire battlesuit seeing as im a "medic" perhaps i should take the exosuit so that you guys can get the battlesuit and the avatar, whaddya think?))

((I'm trying to make a generator-based gauss rifle/laser rifle combi-weapon. Inventive? No, but it works. I might try to make it an electrolaser, too- Denzel might have though that the red hand was a cool idea.))
Oh yeah, nikitian designed one of those. Could be interesting to see a tesla version.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
((Hell, I'd buy Gil, with money completely up front, the only issue is that I don't know if I should get a synthflesh instead. Synthflesh would let me continue with the phase armor always available and give some nice bonuses (including that from the Neurophotonic Spinal Column, which would let me reroll rolls of 2 or lower), but Gil would add that much more plating between me and having to roll for it.))

((Buy the synthflesh, the dex will keep you away from most avoidable attacks and the nuerophotonic spine will let you reroll the first failed exo roll so chances are you will never get hit by anything again.
Plus you buying Gil would screw up the sweet deal im trying to set up.  :P))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16487 on: September 02, 2013, 09:31:21 pm »

((Regarding the synthflesh+exosuit, I was under the impression that you couldn't wear the MK stuff after you got a robot body. And with Synthflesh being quite large... Although for extra price it would probably be possible to adapt an exoskeleton for it.

And yeah, if that happens, it breaks the system. My favorite moments were when Faith was in the berserk mode, and her best rolls were actually 1's, since with a +4 bonus you get 5 overshoots, and it's the 1 that actually hits. ... Everything is broken...

Actually, that made me think of something. The 5=perfect works for no bonuses or a +1 bonus, but when you get something like a +4, it's kind of... weird. Should the number for a perfect roll change if somebody gets Faith enraged level bonus, or (god forbid) a +5 to rolls? I mean, seems a bit unfair for someone with no decompensator to have 0% change of not overshooting. I didn't bring it up earlier since we haven't reached that stage of ridiculousness, but I feel that now may be a good time.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16488 on: September 02, 2013, 09:33:55 pm »

((Oh and the chimaera is 8 tokens, but you could probably make it a lot cheaper by ditching the overcharge circuitry and using single standard gauss clips.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16489 on: September 02, 2013, 09:34:13 pm »

The Gau-laser hybrid has already been done by Nikitan's old character, it's called the chimera gun

Yes, 4 of them that could be directed to charging the laser, charging the gauss for rapid fire, or charging the gauss for overcharge shot. and i don't think Steve ever said, YEA that's a good thing we should stock it
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16490 on: September 02, 2013, 09:36:04 pm »

Yes, 4 of them that could be directed to charging the laser, charging the gauss for rapid fire, or charging the gauss for overcharge shot. and i don't think Steve ever said, YEA that's a good thing we should stock it
No wolf, bad.
It uses 1 generator and 4 overcharge circuits.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16491 on: September 02, 2013, 09:38:21 pm »

((My favorite moments were when Faith was in the berserk mode, and her best rolls were actually 1's, since with a +4 bonus you get 5 overshoots, and it's the 1 that actually hits. ... Everything is broken...))
((That was actually my favorite part too, because I was deathly afraid of those amp clubs, and here I'm rolling natural 1s to either not get clubbed or counterclub them first, but it works anyway because lolberserk.

I agree the excessive bonus thing is weird, but remember that it doesn't really come into play until you're at +2 going on +3, since that's trading your 3s for 9s, which is at least questionable. At that point, you're probably breaking things enough to expect to have to get weird to keep operating/get even stronger.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16492 on: September 02, 2013, 09:49:59 pm »

((Regarding the synthflesh+exosuit, I was under the impression that you couldn't wear the MK stuff after you got a robot body. And with Synthflesh being quite large... Although for extra price it would probably be possible to adapt an exoskeleton for it.))

((Actually, there's no real description of the synthflesh's size, at least not in the armory. I wouldn't peg it at being too much larger than average, really. I think the whole thing about the MK suits being modifiable to let the synthlimb remain outside is because there's not much reason to put the suit over it, the MK suits being so crappy. Stuff like exoskeletons/suits, though, probably would fit fine.

Also, if I go for a synthflesh, I will start running into a 2/3 chance for a +2 to dex rolls. 2/3 for a +3 if the leg or arm features activate (+1 to rolls involving leg or arm use, roll type notwithstanding). And I can't easily roll anything that won't start overshooting me vice NSC. In other words, I see level 3 Decomps in my near future (they're more cost-effective than the level 4 decomps).))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 09:53:04 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16493 on: September 02, 2013, 09:56:11 pm »

((You would also be getting at least +2 to endurance though, and your dodge rolls would be extraordinary.

Why dont you test the combo in vr first if your worried about overshot severity?))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16494 on: September 02, 2013, 10:14:03 pm »

((Regarding the synthflesh+exosuit, I was under the impression that you couldn't wear the MK stuff after you got a robot body. And with Synthflesh being quite large... Although for extra price it would probably be possible to adapt an exoskeleton for it.))

((Actually, there's no real description of the synthflesh's size, at least not in the armory. I wouldn't peg it at being too much larger than average, really. I think the whole thing about the MK suits being modifiable to let the synthlimb remain outside is because there's not much reason to put the suit over it, the MK suits being so crappy. Stuff like exoskeletons/suits, though, probably would fit fine.

Also, if I go for a synthflesh, I will start running into a 2/3 chance for a +2 to dex rolls. 2/3 for a +3 if the leg or arm features activate (+1 to rolls involving leg or arm use, roll type notwithstanding). And I can't easily roll anything that won't start overshooting me vice NSC. In other words, I see level 3 Decomps in my near future (they're more cost-effective than the level 4 decomps).))
((You care to explain how they are? Because I don't think they are most cost-effective:
Cheapest: 1/3 chance to prevent overshoots. Do so by simply stopping you from acting.
second Cheapest: 1/3 chance to reduce your overshoot to a number beween 3-5 instead.
second most expensive: 1/3 chance to prevent overshoots by bringing roll down to 5 
Most expensive: always prevent overshoots by bringing the total down to 5.

Token cost in order: 5,7,10,20.
And that's not including the fact that a decomp takes the place of one of the amp spaces, meaning you can only have 3 maximum.

The standard synthflesh is 8 feet. I don't think anything compatible with the suit is an option. A smaller synthflesh however, is probably buyable, but something tells me Piecewise would just say that the bonuses from larger synthflesh vs exoskeleton equal out.))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:20:24 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16495 on: September 02, 2013, 10:20:03 pm »

((@Tiruin: I just noticed your equipment question. You can see your stats and equipment here, at least the stuff piecewise considered important enough to write down:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tzsdww2e8yf2v89/idiots%20in%20space.txt
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9hilgaf7r2iu9fs/men.txt))
((Thanks Paris..but those are unupdated to the latest events :/..Thanks though.))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 01:08:02 am by Tiruin »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16496 on: September 02, 2013, 10:36:14 pm »

I had heard that we did not yet have a Suicide King.
And therefore I enter this game. Hello new friends.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm also hoping I can preliminary Armory purchases?

If so:

- Teal orders a megaton charge. Upon being informed he can't afford it, he looks ruefully at the price listings and orders two 1/8 Kiloton charges, and then reconsiders, does some calculations on his fingers and orders one 1/8kt boom, a Gauss Rifle and uses the last token buying... I dunno, cherry bombs, or Fireworks.

You were right, unbolded action did get overlooked.
Either that or Piecewise is getting sick of the massive amount of players at tinker doing actions.
In which case I'll be happy to put this character sheet in a while later when more people have died.
Unless people are rerolling and jumping straight bac kin, which would make it an empty gesture.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 10:38:25 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16497 on: September 02, 2013, 10:43:02 pm »

((There is no waitlist, we all just jump back into the onship thread and wait for mission slots to open while we get gene therapies, design superweapons or kill each other over the tv remote.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16498 on: September 02, 2013, 11:29:06 pm »

-snip-
Anyone have an opinion on this? Cause I'm really at a loss here.))
((What would...your character do?))
((And if you're selling, how much is Gil and how would you present the sale to Grate?))

It's the moment you've all been (in some cases angrily) waiting for:

-snip-
((My favorite bit was either when he mentioned that you should try to keep us from killing too many people, and the next post was a response to Xan's flames and Ice-9, or when he advised to just kill the Radiant One and ignore the plan. Same PM, it seems.))

((Since no one has responded to my well-veiled request for someone with nothing critical to do to chat with Grate...))
after getting a sandbag from the armory, wander over to the infirmary, my steps slowing as I get near. once I'm halfway through the waiting room at the entrance, pause in my steps and then turn around and find a seat in a corner. look down at my feet and periodically glance around at my surroundings. wait.
Grate notices Lyra and follows. Why was she going to the infirmary? Was she sick? That didn't seem likely. Maybe she had a sister? Maybe her sister was...no, they only look a little alike...besides, what're the odds?
He could always hope. Right?

"Lyra, what are you doing in here?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16499 on: September 02, 2013, 11:55:36 pm »

((Since no one has responded to my well-veiled request for someone with nothing critical to do to chat with Grate...))
((I have a suggestion for him, but it's the same as before; get drunk. I mean seriously, we've got only one seriously addicted alcoholic in here, that's pathetic. Also, you can't really expect much RP during the mission preparations.))

Pages: 1 ... 1098 1099 [1100] 1101 1102 ... 2101