_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5731983 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16515 on: September 03, 2013, 06:43:40 am »

((That, and post your levelup to receive tokens. PW's altered the debrief process slightly because there were so many of us this time.

Future missions should really be more... well, staggered in time. So that we don't end more than one mission of more than 10 or so people at once. It really puts a strain on our GM.))
I agree, now to choose level ups...
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16516 on: September 03, 2013, 07:59:10 am »

Grate notices Lyra and follows.
"Lyra, what are you doing in here?"
Sharply look up at Grate, my shoulders hunched up a little, then look back down after a quarter-second. a quarter second later, look back up at him. then look over at the door to the back areas, where people are actually treated, as I clench and unclench my hands twice. then look back over to Grate. swallow. wet my lips, and attempt to speak.
"I..."
"I..."

swallow again, then look down as I shake my head twice. then stand up and quietly shuffle out of the room.
((Protip: Those neat little bbcode things cross lines.))
"Wait! Where are you going?"
Unaware of any reason to stay in the infirmary, Grate follows.
(I'm tempted to make an Intuition roll to guess what Lyra's saying/doing/etc, but I don't want to bother piecewise.))

Future missions should really be more... well, staggered in time. So that we don't end more than one mission of more than 10 or so people at once. It really puts a strain on our GM.))
((Let alone two missions totalling well over a dozen.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16517 on: September 03, 2013, 08:21:47 am »

Open my mystery box then go to the VR and bring up the weapon design interface.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16518 on: September 03, 2013, 08:39:57 am »

PW:  Lars is listed as 2 tokens in one place (Men) and 1 token in the other (Idiots).  Which is correct?  Also, my inventory is a bit different, though I think the Men one is correct since it has the body armor on there.

Brother Lars felt energized, being back on the ship with Glorious Steve.  His studies in the wilds of the planetoid had done him good, though.  All the carting around of gear and traipsing around the place had toughened him physically.  All that injury- and treatment from Mesk- had inured him a bit to taking hits.  Experience with mental invasion- and the conviction that the gods were on his side- had toughed his well.  He felt the great Ingram had blessed him with more knowledge of firearms (and studying Lukas's weaponry didn't help.)  Even Vo-Nos had ensured he knew the basics of fighting in melee.  It was a good day to be in the ascendant HMRC Pantheon.

Speaking of Mesk, he should make sure his chest still worked right.

Level up!
+5 Con
+1 Uncon

+3 Str
+2 End
+5 Will

Go to the infirmity and get checked out.

(Men is the correct one in all cases. The idiots one is just the file I keep for stats and before you go on your first mission. I think I'm gonna end up merging them though. It makes things easier in the long run.)

Leveled.

>Well, you lured that giant worm thing that ate the base. But that base was built with UWM goods. I guess it evens out. 11 tokens. That reminds me; since you're so hopelessly enthralled with me, I have a job you might find enjoyable.

How do you feel about propaganda?

The infirmary checks on Mesk's work and tells you that you're healing well and give you mild pain killers and the recommendation that you just take it easy for a few more days.

Brother Lars thanked the workers at the infirmary.  "May Emar-i bless you all."

He then got his report from Steve.  He had done well!  Blessings to Steve!

Even better, Steve had an assignment for him!  How wonderful!  But... propaganda?  Not something he was familiar with.  He thought... propaganda... prop... prop... what was that word like?

Then it struck him.

Prop...het?  PROPHET?  Did Steve just ask him to be a PROPHET!

He flung himself to the ground and prostrated himself.  "O Sweet Glorious Steve, I would be most honored to be your prophet!  May all the bells sound and ring out your glorious name!  I most humbly accept your offer, and will carry your word to the farthest reaches of the galaxy!  May all people bow and serve you forever!"

He bonked his head on the ground a few times for good measure.  "I humble myself before you.  What will you have me to do?"

Misunderstand and accept the offer!

((Lars would ask the doctor, but he has no real IC reason to do so.))

Spoiler: Brother Lars Stats (click to show/hide)

((PS, PW:  Lars is listed as +1 con.  Shouldn't that be +2, one from profession, one from stats?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16519 on: September 03, 2013, 08:47:23 am »

Brother Lars thanked the workers at the infirmary.  "May Emar-i bless you all."

He then got his report from Steve.  He had done well!  Blessings to Steve!

Even better, Steve had an assignment for him!  How wonderful!  But... propaganda?  Not something he was familiar with.  He thought... propaganda... prop... prop... what was that word like?

Then it struck him.

Prop...het?  PROPHET?  Did Steve just ask him to be a PROPHET!

He flung himself to the ground and prostrated himself.  "O Sweet Glorious Steve, I would be most honored to be your prophet!  May all the bells sound and ring out your glorious name!  I most humbly accept your offer, and will carry your word to the farthest reaches of the galaxy!  May all people bow and serve you forever!"

He bonked his head on the ground a few times for good measure.  "I humble myself before you.  What will you have me to do?"

Misunderstand and accept the offer!

((Lars would ask the doctor, but he has no real IC reason to do so.))

Spoiler: Brother Lars Stats (click to show/hide)

((PS, PW:  Lars is listed as +1 con.  Shouldn't that be +2, one from profession, one from stats?))
((Step 1: Be religiously obsessed with commanding AI
Step 2: Accidentally cause the destruction of the corrupt government's asteroid base.
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Prophet!

* Sean Mirrsen runs away, dodging tomatoes and various explosive miscellanea.
))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16520 on: September 03, 2013, 08:48:25 am »

((Well, considering it improved my token count, we could call it the Gross Prophet Margin.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16521 on: September 03, 2013, 10:22:22 am »

Grate notices Lyra and follows.
"Lyra, what are you doing in here?"
Sharply look up at Grate, my shoulders hunched up a little, then look back down after a quarter-second. a quarter second later, look back up at him. then look over at the door to the back areas, where people are actually treated, as I clench and unclench my hands twice. then look back over to Grate. swallow. wet my lips, and attempt to speak.
"I..."
"I..."

swallow again, then look down as I shake my head twice. then stand up and quietly shuffle out of the room.
"Wait! Where are you going?"
Grate follows.
Glance backwards at Grate, then stop walking, close my eyes, and lean against the hallway wall, crossing my arms in front of me. my head turned to rest the side of it against the hallway wall.
take two deep breaths, then say:
"I..."
"Feyri..."
"I..."
turn to face the wall, my back to Grate, and hide the wetness on my face.

(I'm tempted to make an Intuition roll to guess what Lyra's saying/doing/etc, but I don't want to bother piecewise.))
((... what's your intuition modifier? PW isn't the only one with dice, and I don't PM him what Lyra is thinking anyway.))
((Protip: Those neat little bbcode things cross lines.))
((I know they cross lines, I periodically re-do the code to make quoting me easier.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16522 on: September 03, 2013, 10:41:51 am »

((Respecticely: -1 and Oh, I see.))

Grate wipes his eyes.
"I...I know...but, well, she's gone...not much we can do now...I think..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16523 on: September 03, 2013, 10:52:15 am »

Grate wipes his eyes.
"I...I know...but, well, she's gone..."
sniffle
"not much we can do now...I think..."
squeeze my arms, a second later grit my teeth, a second after that open my eyes and accelerate my breathing. take a deep breath, and with a slight snarl on my face, my arms at my sides, my hands clenched into fists, and my eyes still wet, turn and march into the infirmary.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder'
« Reply #16524 on: September 03, 2013, 10:58:20 am »

Grate follows Lyra, confused.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16525 on: September 03, 2013, 11:07:59 am »

walk up to the infirmary receptionist and ask: "Feyri?"

EDIT: shifted the bold to my main action post to save work for PW.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 02:41:29 pm by Lenglon »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16526 on: September 03, 2013, 12:28:30 pm »

((My favorite moments were when Faith was in the berserk mode, and her best rolls were actually 1's, since with a +4 bonus you get 5 overshoots, and it's the 1 that actually hits. ... Everything is broken...))
((That was actually my favorite part too, because I was deathly afraid of those amp clubs, and here I'm rolling natural 1s to either not get clubbed or counterclub them first, but it works anyway because lolberserk.))
((I think that dex bonus is not from your rage but from your skills and equipment. You have +1 Dex from your skills, +1 Dex from the synthflesh and +1 Dex when dodging or otherwise moving due to the synthleg and syntharm part of your synthflesh. Now that I think about it, you should probably ask piecewise for another +1 because you have an acrobatic synthflesh model. That would bring your total to +4 instead of the current +3. And does neurophotonic spinal collumn work for base rolls or the rolls after bonuses have been applied? Because if it's for base rolls, then you have even less chances of not overshooting.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #16527 on: September 03, 2013, 01:52:16 pm »

Actually, leave VR and sleep for a bit in the barracks. It's pretty busy in the VR corner of the rec room right now.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16528 on: September 03, 2013, 02:34:21 pm »

Test the 3x length rifle in range and penetration tests (vs an unmodified civvie rifle) against MkIII, Robot Body, Synthflesh Body, and battlesuit (Hoping to maybe damage a bit of the outer plate, if nothing else).

((Yes, I am attempting to turn these three crappy rifles of mine into one big sniperish rifle. I know I can just get a rifle and sniper kit from the armory, but this is free.))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:10:46 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16529 on: September 03, 2013, 04:04:20 pm »

May peeks her head into the Rec Room.

"...Thomas?"
Thomas turns his head to look at her, and puts the cards down.
"Hmm?"
Pages: 1 ... 1100 1101 [1102] 1103 1104 ... 2101