_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5727086 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16560 on: September 04, 2013, 12:12:44 am »

((Oh, yeah. That is something I forgot to add: I'm posting the whole thing soon.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16561 on: September 04, 2013, 12:13:58 am »

((Ah, thank you.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16562 on: September 04, 2013, 01:02:26 am »

Quote from: Milno to Feyri
Same things as usual, except for the fact we are now going to revolt against the UWM.
"What?!"

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Milno Enedrasi
WHAT?!

It wasn't even a day or so since we returned, and now we're revolting against the very entity that placed us here? Why? Who caused this? Who is leading this? Why weren't we informed?!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16563 on: September 04, 2013, 06:36:35 am »

((...I wonder if a character who put all stat points into Will and survived 10 missions would be able to overpower Steve upon inclusion into the wetware and take over?))
((That would be neat, but highly improbable.))

"What?!"
Grate thinks he hears something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16564 on: September 04, 2013, 07:55:29 am »

((Well, the whole "memory scrubbing" thing was mentioned.  Lars thought, but may have never written down, that becoming part of Steve would be the best thing ever.))
((It was "mentioned" in the sense that some of the convicts have wondered about what would happen to them when they got out, and this was mentioned as one of the theories. It was never either confirmed nor denied by Piecewise.

Although it does make sense as an idea, I'd give it that. But still, just a theory.))

((Sorry, I should have been more specific- I meant it was mentioned that the memories of people put into Steve were scrubbed and he had no access to them.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16565 on: September 04, 2013, 08:02:10 am »

((...I wonder if a character who put all stat points into Will and survived 10 missions would be able to overpower Steve upon inclusion into the wetware and take over?))

((Eh, maybe influence the conglomerate personality a bit, but Steve probably has such an insane Will that it wouldn't do much. Even with 120 Will on the new wetware (absolute maximum possible with 10 missions).

Besides, they wouldn't bring "you", only your processing bits (the aforementioned "Brain scrubbing", according to PW). But that kind of makes me wonder, is Steve the Wetware AI we all know and love still the original donor, who likely would've had the whole brain, and thus "them", included (unless he's just a mass of nueral processing bits with an uploaded personality, point still stands), or has the probably near-constant influx of new neural matter changed him?))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:05:07 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16566 on: September 04, 2013, 08:08:05 am »

((I remember someone reading online in some anti-wetware computing advocates' website that one of the problems with wetware computing is that the scrubbing process is imperfect and some memories may linger, causing the AI to become unstable and behave erratically. Of course, given the source, that might have been just lies.

Let's search for the post...))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16567 on: September 04, 2013, 10:15:11 am »

((I remember someone reading online in some anti-wetware computing advocates' website that one of the problems with wetware computing, if done cheaply by people who don't know what they are doing, is that the scrubbing process is imperfect and some memories may linger, causing the AI to become unstable and behave erratically. Of course, given the source, that might have been just lies.

((I think that the worst you could do, is render your own brain unusable, rendering millions of whatever passes for currency here wasted. You wouldn't actually harm Steve.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16568 on: September 04, 2013, 10:20:21 am »

((A thought recently struck me - why are we not rolling for things like handiwork or intelligence (or intuit) in Tinker? I mean, yeah, it's a virtual environment, but it doesn't turn people into geniuses. Handiwork could be handwaved by being able to retry as much as you like I guess, but coming up with and intuiting solutions to designs could take some rolls to achieve. Just a thought.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16569 on: September 04, 2013, 10:35:13 am »

((we have the option to roll for intuition if we as players cant figure out how to do something if thats what you mean, but if its not... having to roll for your character to come up with your designs would ruin tinker....))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #16570 on: September 04, 2013, 10:35:59 am »

((I remember someone reading online in some anti-wetware computing advocates' website that one of the problems with wetware computing, if done cheaply by people who don't know what they are doing, is that the scrubbing process is imperfect and some memories may linger, causing the AI to become unstable and behave erratically. Of course, given the source, that might have been just lies.

((I think that the worst you could do, is render your own brain unusable, rendering millions of whatever passes for currency here wasted. You wouldn't actually harm Steve.))
Skim through a couple of the screaming-protesting sites, as well as a couple of the cautious ones. What are their main points?
Also, try searching again, this time specificly among the sites of scientifically-oriented worlds (like Altair IV, possibly RSC 0-3-118-616-8132-1-7-175 4, etc.).

The screaming protest sites seem to have their argument rooted in "Using the brains of men and animals to handle computations is murder/cruelty." They also talk about how these brains might still contain traces of the individual they were taken from and that the "Neuro-noise" is these half-existent selves manifesting themselves in some way.

The cautious ones talk about how a computer with wetware could develop original ideas and emotions, even becoming dangerous or unstable.

When it comes to RSC 0-3-118-616-8132-1-7-175 4,  You actually can't find anything about it other then that it's a dead planet with no colonization or work. Why would the author of a book give a dead planet as his address?
((I was talking about this. i don't see how what you said connects to what I said. Your brain is definitely going to end up unusable, at least by you, since Steve's gonna be using it as a calculator or hard drive.))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16571 on: September 04, 2013, 10:46:18 am »

((Oh, I meant that if your will is too strong (and consequently has a lot of "Neuro-Noise,") your brain might be considered too dangerous to be used in the conglomerate and discarded. I was also replying to the idea that someone with strong Will might be able to affect something.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16572 on: September 04, 2013, 10:47:50 am »

((They might be able to hold off long enough to overload an amp.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16573 on: September 04, 2013, 10:58:39 am »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Milno Enedrasi
WHAT?!

It wasn't even a day or so since we returned, and now we're revolting against the very entity that placed us here? Why? Who caused this? Who is leading this? Why weren't we informed?!
Quote from: Milno to Feyri
Well, Steve is leading us against the UWM. According to him, the whole organization is too corrupted and it should be replaced. We did inform most of the active crew, you might have missed it by being in the infirmary or something.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16574 on: September 04, 2013, 11:23:56 am »

((Plus it might be a bad idea to cross the guy with control of our kill-switches.))
Pages: 1 ... 1103 1104 [1105] 1106 1107 ... 2101