_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1104 1105 [1106] 1107 1108 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686242 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16575 on: September 04, 2013, 11:26:05 am »

((Answering Tiruin because I hadn't seen the message. Also, to anyone wondering, the ten mission thing was a lie. I just remembered we were told what happened when you got to ten missions: you became part of Steve's wetware. It came as no surprise to us, really. Luckily, no more becoming part of Steve, though Lars could probably ask for it.))
((Yeah, I've had that suspicion before, and I guess most others as well - what's more likely? Steve getting the cream of the crop, smart and efficient enough to survive ten very different and challenging situations... or him getting the scraps of those guys who literally couldn't keep their brains together?))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16576 on: September 04, 2013, 11:26:31 am »

Well, Steve is leading us against the UWM. According to him, the whole organization is too corrupted and it should be replaced. We did inform most of the active crew, you might have missed it by being in the infirmary or something.
Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Milno Enedrasi
Alright Milno, could you inform me of the teams, what they'll be doing, and what's going to happen?
Why wasn't I informed? Surely the rest might know..must find Lyra.
. . .

Hopefully she's ok. And Grate. I hope they weren't too..too affected.

And what did Steve say regarding the latest batch of people? I'm missing most of my equipment other than my MKIII suit somehow. What gives?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16577 on: September 04, 2013, 11:34:50 am »

"So, are you acquainted with the sheep? And can Bishop see you as well?"
Charles makes idle conversation with the entity while searching for Bishop.

The thing doesn't reply, and after a moment it ceases to exist, vanishing as you blink. Huh.

You go wandering around until you find the mysterious Bishop that has taken the entire Ovis world by storm. He looks fairly normal; but there is something strange about him. Perhaps he is a conduit for something.

Or perhaps you're just nuts.

((I seem to only have the "Idiots In Space" doc. Where's the "MiS" one?

And how "simple" of AI are we talking?))

Grate moves away from the AI, sensing distaste from a higher power. Possibly God, possibly Satan, possibly Steve, possibly two or three of them. Who knows?
He wanders the ship a bit.
Pretty simple. As in they can follow orders and such just fine but they can't really learn or adapt to new scenarios  well on their own. When I say you can't hit dog level, I mean you can't instill it with the capacity for problem solving that even a dog has.

You wander around the ship for a while, poking your head into the various rooms and shoving your way through the crowds. It's certainly busy around here.

Suddenly realizing that trading in his MKII and body for a standard robot body is a rather large step in one's life, Pancaek sends a message to a professional.

Quote from: Pancaek=>The Doctor
Hiya, hope you've got some time to ready this. So, I've been thinking about ways to be more efficient lately and I've narrowed down one of the main causes of my innificiency on missions. I'm getting a decompensator soon to solve the whole "unreliable amp usage" part, but the foremost reason I feel that I wasn't getting anything done is because I spend half the time bleeding to death. So I've been looking into replacing my squishy-squishy, bleedy-bleedy parts with nice ones that won't start bleeding every time someone looks at me funny. The best I've come up with, and the current plan, is to simply get myself borged in a standard robot.

Now, it's well known that you're quite the authority on making squishy fleshlings better, so I wanted your opinion on this plan. Would it work, or would you reccomend another route? Any suggestions?

Hugs and love, Pancaek

He presses send, then sees what he wrote

"where the hell did that part come from..."

Robot body is efficient an cheap. Best case unless you're willing to buy synth flesh. Or bleeding can be stopped. I believe there are gene therapies available.

(( It's just men, and it's located here ))

Go into tink-- Kidding.

Sell my two tokens of stuff, purchase an advanced kit and ask for a datapad. Then go hide in a corner until we get people into other threads.
Ah Kri. Making my life easier. Thank you.

Alright, assume you have both now and your stuff has been switched out. You can now go hide in a corner and play Bullet hells on your datapad until it's time to go.

Go to armoury. Buy a MK3.

Wait did you level up? You only have 11 tokens and the suit is 13. Am I missing something?

Did I just have a stroke?

((I'll assume I bought Pancaek's mk2))

Go sell pain mess for at least one token. Then go give Stacy a fist bump for genocide.

You sell your pain meds for a token and then go fist bump stacy. He seems rather confused and extremely dancey.

(How much did you buy it for? Also when? I have no idea. )

I had to split the post because it was literally to long to be contained in a single one.

Guys, do me a favor. Unless it's absolutely necessary right now, try to wait to do it later. It will save us some space.

I swear, if one more person goes to tinker Steve is gonna gas the place.
((I was actually hoping to get a usable Gungnir prototype out in time for the upcoming mission. As I understand team Diamond Heart is going to be planetside - on a planet with an atmosphere - and they will definitely have use for extra firepower. Not that they don't have quite a lot of firepower already, but... ^_^
I suppose easiest way out is I just prototype the original design with the Saber. It's 7 token though - and still needs reloads.

Also, can those of us already in Tinker remain in Tinker? Anton doesn't have too much to do otherwise. >_>))

Sure. I was just saying that before people decided now as the time to build their giant death machines they'll never use.

"Not to worry, Steve! I shan't touch a field manipulator for at least several weeks, as they seem to be rather cursed at the moment."

He then notices Xan lifting his fist. Though old, Stacy recognizes the gesture. Words are not needed.

Return genocide fist bump. Then go and sell the nuke for 2 tokens, as it has gone totally unused and whatnot. Get foot replaced as well if possible. Check if I can get that claw hammer with a kinetic amp installed on the head from the AM ready made (preferably with an off switch installed), and if it costs 4 tokens or less. If yes, buy it.

Then... go see Nyars.

"Say, my good man! I recall that you wished to sell me a bridge of some kind. Well, I am ready to take you up on that offer!"

Purchase small container with a blue heptagon and a horizontal line running through it for three tokens if possible.

EDIT: Also, check if I took that sawed-off gauss rifle (the one I shot Xan in the foot with) with me or whether I left it back on the planet or gave it to Xan.
You have that gun, you get that hammer, and you get a small container. Yay progress.  Try not to get yourself murdered by presents.

exit VR, go to armory, place all 8 of my tokens on the counter, point my right arm at the sandbag system on the item list posted over the AM. afterwards do things PW doesn't need to worry about
go to infirmary and ask the receptionist there: "Feyri?"

after getting a sandbag from the armory, wander over to the infirmary, my steps slowing as I get near. once I'm halfway through the waiting room at the entrance, pause in my steps and then turn around and find a seat in a corner. look down at my feet and periodically glance around at my surroundings. wait.

You get yourself a sandbag and then head to the infirmary. A nurse there directs you to a robot sitting on a bed off on one side of the room. You tip toe over to the robot and stand there, sheepishly looking at your feet.  The robot pats you on the head.

Length of my arm is fine, If it is on top of the forearm, It wont interfere with any of the joints.

Also I was trying to test whether swinging the weapon before firing was any stronger than just firing the weapon

Yeah, though it might be a bit awkward.

And no, it won't be any significantly more powerful. Maybe like a tiny bit, but it won't really matter.

I meant that I posted that action last turn and it never happened. Also I thought lost limbs were usually replaced like that? buuuut I'll buy it if I have to unless there's a way I can... hm...

If it's in any way possible to requisition cyborg replacement for lost limbs due to mission, do so. If not, inquire about cost of cybernetic limb replacement.

Yeah, I replied to that later in the post. I forgot that you lost a limb. So yeah, thats been replaced, don't worry about it.

Hey steve, i feel somewhat undervalued and too poor to fund all my tinkering, could i get an extra token or two for being a competant surgeon and also going on a daring rescue mission to recover Jack from the evil clutches of his own highly electrified stupidity?))

attempt to get some tokens from steve, Head over to the armory while maurice arranges things and ask about how much my weapon hardpoint will cost, also ask about a heavy variant for use on a mining exosuit or mobility battlrsuit capable of being mounted on the underside of an arm or on an armature that allows it to fire over the shoulder and be retracted to sit flush with the back when not in use. (See seans auxiliary suit picture)

After questioning AM on hardpoints pay her to build my heavy pulsed laser from the 3 gauss rifles and 2 of the laser rifles in my footlocker, keep all leftover materials.
((speaking of hardpoints, up to what STR requirement for weapons can mine accomodate and if i make another heavier reinforced version would that increase its psuedo-str score?))

Spoiler: and just for fun (click to show/hide)
((Did this work or need work? Generator doesnt need to instantly fill the containment tank, just slowly replenish and maintain the plasma.))

>Sorry, Vich has used up the charity fund. Please address any complaints regarding funding to him.

The armory master builds your junk for 2 tokens. As per that hard point, standard would be like 5 token or so. Heavier ones would be more. Extending and retracting would be even more. Probably like 7-10 for larger versions, and the extending version...I have no idea, would depend on what it's attached to.

I didn't do the just for fun one because I'm kinda swamped with posts and I figured if it was just for fun, it could wait.

(( Daaamn, that's much more expensive than I expected. Like, 5-7 more than expected. And I actually meant integrating the mining laser that sits in my locker, the one I looted on sharkmist mission.

Also, damn you for mentioning buying an avatar of war. I had begun considering it, but decided against it because... Emotional attachment?
Basically, when I gave my battlesuit a name, it was to personalize it, to make it feel more unique. That worked out so well that I would now feel kinda 'guilty' for trading him in simply to gain more power. Although if I could sell it to another player, I think I'd be more ok with that, cause then he would at least still 'exist' withing the game. Not sure if anyone is even capable of buying him right now though.
I also would have to think of another name, but I really like the name 'Gilgamesh' for some reason. Another thing is the fact that an Avatar is good, very good at combat, but not so much at... everything else really. Though seeing how we'll probably be doing a lot more combat than before, that might balance itself out. And if I already had trouble going into corridors, well that's not gonna improve by buying an AoW huh? (By the way, how big is that thing? I believe it should be around 3 meters, right? Because this says 5-6 meters)
And the whole 'semi-permanently entombed in a casket of CFC's with the majority of their nervous system slaved to the suit's systems' rings kinda wrong to me, I always liked the idea of being able to move out of the suit and shake hands with someone or something. Hmm.

So basically, it means that the big argument pro is in terms of power/gameplay, while most arguments against are roleplaying in nature.

Anyone have an opinion on this? Cause I'm really at a loss here.))

Did some quick digging:
Look up Avatar of War variants. Also, check the space inside the cockpit of a battlesuit - what can its operator wear (i.e., is it so small and crammed that only skin-tight clothes can be worn, or is there enough space for a Mk-something suit, for example)?
Avatar and battle suit cockpits are fairly tight, not skin tight or anything but as tight as a fighter jet's cockpit or so. You wouldn't be able to get a MK III's rockets in there, for instance,but you could certainly wear a MK II or something. Although, in the case of the avatar you'd have to get it modified with ports to allow all those nerve ports.
As per Types of Avatars, that depends on what you're looking for when you mean "Type". See there are two ways an Avatar can vary, the first being it's body type and the second being it's equipment and armaments. We'll start with body type.
There's the standard humanoid, The brawler type, the Dexterity type, the endurance/platform type and the speed type.

Actions (numbered for convenience):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Would anyone be interested in buying Gilgamesh? Price negotiable, and paying part now and part after your next mission is agreeable.
It's a Mobility Battlesuit with Cameyes integrated. If you want I could give a list of the stuff that comes with this suit, including but not limited to Electrified Surface Defence System, built-in kinetic amps, Emergency Ejection Pod and others.))

Nope. 5 meters tall. They're not exactly designed for interior spaces.

1.Probably about half the price of a normal battlesuit. It's pretty heavily used, after all.
2. I don't remember that but sure. Though a lot of stuff about it might not be in there at all. Synthflesh organisms are about as mysterious as Amps.
3.Probably pretty close to what you think. Brawlers are stronger, slower and more robust, dex are quicker and more spry but less robust, and the platform type are basically heavy weapons platforms without any real close range capacities. Probably not the best for you, since turning yourself into a nuclear cannon won't help much with most missions.
4.You can switch the armaments around. You could even start with a "blank" form and add what you want onto it.
5.Yes, but it's not exactly easy. You could do it in the field but it's not like a battle suit. It would be time consuming to completely free yourself and even once you did, you would be severely weakened and probably wheelchair bound.
6.I'm sure we can figure out a decent price. If you trade a few of the AOW's basic armaments for it, it would be free.
7.Nothing really. Seriously, The AOW makes up for it's great amounts of draw backs with godly power and endurance. Avatars rarely go down, and when they do they take everyone within several square miles with them.
8.Avatars are Synthflesh organisms and a great deal more complete then other synthflesh beings. They are controlled and restrained by the pilot and their armor and systems, but the pilot and the creature are still somewhat merged. Removing the System's limiters and allowing the neural pathways to feed information both ways, rather then just from the pilot to the machine, has interesting and potentially very dangerous effects. As per it's sentience, it's hard to say exactly. We know that when the limiters are released that they can use their amps even if the pilot isn't at all skilled with them.

Begin a thirteen-part tinker project involving live hamsters and alien crystals, banking on synthflesh being immune or at least more resistant than my fellows to being gassed.

I've still got a electrochip in your brain. Don't make me test whether or not synth-flesh people can soil themselves.

Decompensators
Cheapest: 1/3 chance to prevent overshoots. Do so by simply stopping you from acting.
second Cheapest: 1/3 chance to reduce your overshoot to a number beween 3-5 instead.
second most expensive: 1/3 chance to prevent overshoots by bringing roll down to 5 
Most expensive: always prevent overshoots by bringing the total down to 5.

Token cost in order: 5,7,10,20.
((One question as to the decomps- on the first three, I noticed that the third says 'bring your roll down to five'. Does that refer to the roll itself or the total modified roll?))

Okay, a new, relatively simple tinker thing. How easy would it be to place a gauss rifle and a laser rifle into the same weapon, as in the laser above the gauss rifle, with the gauss rifle generator powering them both?

It means that regardless of what your roll was, it will make it a 5.

Duct tape and about 4 inches of wire.

Give one token to Jim, one token to Flint. Make sure Zephyris gets debriefed. (No, I'm not going to steal them. But could you do it please? Five tokens if she doesn't deserve the full ten.)  (Not sure if you included that part, but it should negate the two tokens, and I'm sure they'd like to get their tokens back.)

A question for Piecewise: How would mission 11 be planed differently if Faith did not volunteer at the last moment? Or if it did actually turn out to be all-newbie.

Quote from: Piecewise
Also, I don't have prices for all that. Either use the list provided or give me an idea of what you want; because honestly some of that stuff gets made up specifically for you when someone asks so it's not like I have a giant list here I can just copy paste from.

Faith can post what she's got, then I'll post my side.

Sure, you have it. It's in the hanger. So is the rocket bike. I don't have it in your inventories because, well, you're not exactly holding it in your pocket and didn't exactly buy it.
Well, I remember it getting asked several times by different people who got a reasonable if incomplete listing.
   Morul (I think it was Morul) asked at some point for a stealth apparatus, and got a listing. After that he bought the cheapest one and tried to play a prank on Bishop, but was promptly spotted by him.
   And then multiple people, at the very least Faith, Milno, and several others asked for some form of listing that included Civic Defenders Longcoat and higher suits.

And it'd be a shame to make up new stuff every time somebody asks for it. And I am pretty sure that those listings are enough for my purposes. Maybe somebody (A player who is better at remembering where it was and using a search engine/show posts. I mean, you probably remember it better if it happened to your character.) could find that if you can't?

Quote from: Piecewise
Faith can post what she's got, then I'll post my side.

Sure, you have it. It's in the hanger. So is the rocket bike. I don't have it in your inventories because, well, you're not exactly holding it in your pocket and didn't exactly buy it.
That'd be great, and what I've been clamoring for ever since Faith got her own posting space.

Could you put them, if not in our inventories then somewhere else, so they don't get forgotten about? At least by you if not by players, because you get very confused when we bring out stuff like that.

I already transfered the money.
No, zeph isn't getting debriefed if she's caught a fatal case of the stasis paralysis.
I don't know, honestly. Would have played it by ear.

Eh. The only thing I really remember was the Long Coat and Shade Cloaks. There are also shadow walker cloaks and changling masks but those might be over kill.

Added them.

Put on the helmet and turn it on, see what it does.
You put on the helmet and turn it on. It tingles and you suddenly feel as though you are extremely well insulated, mentally. You also feel a little bit...slow..er...

Quote from:  To Doc
a humanoid form.

Send. Go for alterations, or for where the Doc is.
The doors to the back of the infirmary open for you and find your way to the room the Doctor is in. He's standing above a wheeled gurney, with the clear intent of pushing your probably unconscious body elsewhere.

"Let me ask you something." He says, as he points at the bed and gestures for you to sit. "Have you ever heard of the Arbiters of Peace?"

From here.

Piecewise: The level up was in my sheet. However, you're right, I forgot to make it clearer.

Spoiler: Feyri Nirel (click to show/hide)
((Yes I've been taking notes. Orange items = unsure if lost to that Manipulator thing.

Yay level up...))
Level Up!
+3 Dex
+2 Cha
+1 Speech
+2 Con. Weaponry

((May I please know if I retained any items other than what I left on-ship? Also, I suppose I got the usual 5 tokens, am I right?))

-secret mission-
((Oh man do I feel used. Glad it worked out though. :P))

Head over to the Barracks//Quarters and examine the area. Head to bed and sit down. Check for my datapad and begin writing.

I'm back. How have things been going since we last met?
>Looks like you died again. But at least  it was for a good cause. 5 token, Plus 2 for hazard pay.

As per what you have, exactly what did you bring with you beside the suit?

((>_> I meant to buy a Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier... I guess i'll just have to work with the kinetic amp then? I must have figured kinetic amp was short for that..))
((You can always sell the amp back to the AM if you want- you haven't used it yet, after all.))
((Great idea...))

See if I can exchange my kinetic amp for a Microwave Psychokinetic Amplifier, since they both cost the same and I have not used my kinetic amp. If I can do so, find out who can implant it into my head.

Yeah, we'll just switch that out for you and assume it's been installed. It's an honest mistake.

Also, i just got up to that part in my catching up, but is that bullet hell/maths VR game still working?

I completely forget what that is. So No? I'm not sure. God help me if we try to get into Touhou text adventures.

"You see 8 million things flying at you. You die. The end."

In that case that I now have an arm again... you know what, look into more advanced cybernetics anyway.

Wanna do straight mechanical or synthflesh?

"Huh. So, I'm assuming the reason we just can't hide in here while you take care of everything is you are very busy and can't be bothered to? So, onwards to planning. These gangplanks, open spaces, or closed in? Vaccum or atmosphere? Or are you going to give us all a briefing later?"

If possible, obtain answer, then go see Nyars, and try and sell him the cube and goggles, or to be able to trade them in for other items.
>You're out there to stop anyone from planting a bomb or something to our hull. This ship could punch a half mile deep crater solid stone but we don't exactly have defenses for  someone just running up and smacking us with  hammer. Spaceships man.  

Also Nyars isn't gonna buy shit back. Guy is trying to get rid of it, after all, not collect it.

My mining laser operates with a vehicle battery. It can be recharged.
"After that I'd like to know some more about this mining laser. Can you refill it? Could I charge its battery, however slowly with electricity? For example if I took the generators of those gauss pistols and hooked them up to the power supply through some capacitors and transformers, would it charge? I don't care how long it takes since we'll be stuck on mission for a year and the only use I'll have for this mining laser will be cutting of pieces of rock."
Bring her the Mining laser. Ask her if she can recharge it and if I could use gauss generators to slowly recharge it over the course of a few days. Ask her if she knows anything about changing the settings or general info about maintaining and repairing it.

"I've also got this mining exosuit along with the laser. Could you give it a check up, make sure it's okay and maybe explain a bit to me what it can do beyond being strong and tough?"
Show her the mining exosuit, ask her to give it a check up, ask her if she knows anything about changing the settings or general info about maintaining and repairing it.

"Then I would like to know if it is possible to attach those rocket pods made for long jumps to my exosuit, how much would it cost and if they would be cheaper if I bought them without fuel and refueled them at the base."
Ask the above.

Says the mining laser is nonstandard. Runs on what looks like a vehicle battery. Could be recharged with any normal generators, though it might take a while.
Says the Mining exosuit is pretty much just a Exoskeleton but beefed up and slower. Doesn't have any special modes to it.
Jump pods are possible to graft onto the exosuit, come full, nonnegotiable price.
I've recharged it several times during the year long mission. How fast can it be recharged with a 1 token generator?

What's the price of those nuclear gauss cannon rounds, grav-shells and some kind of armor piercing round that could penetrate a battlesuit with a good hit and burn its insides with explosion or incendiary (like modern anti tank rounds)? For that matter, how does a standard Gauss cannon shot fare against a standard battlesuit?

Also, check that LESHO rifle. Does it fire standard Gauss cannon or Gauss rifle ammo? If not, could it fire ammo other than nuclear, like those grav-shells or standard chunks of metal?

Finally, what's the selling price for my MK2, rocket pods and industrial mining exosuit (if I can sell that)?

((Would anyone be interested in buying Gilgamesh? Price negotiable, and paying part now and part after your next mission is agreeable.
It's a Mobility Battlesuit with Cameyes integrated. If you want I could give a list of the stuff that comes with this suit, including but not limited to Electrified Surface Defence System, built-in kinetic amps, Emergency Ejection Pod and others.))

EDIT:((If you're serious about selling him, then I'd be willing to take him. Just got to sell my MK2 and rocket pods and I can give you 15 tokens or more (and even more if I can get someone to buy my Industrial Mining Exosuit). Although I think you should keep him. I think the ability to go into buildings and fly is pretty damn useful. Then again, the avatar allows you to make your own doors...))

EDIT2:((I've updated my notes with equipment bonuses (as much as I could anyway, since people are still buying and selling stuff) and I just realized a synthflesh-mk3 combo can give you some ridiculous bonuses.))
1.Pretty damn slow, but assuming you don't use it much, that would work
2.The nuclear tipped rounds are standard, so they're the set ammo price in the armory list. Normal shells are half. Grav-shells are twice as much, if not more. Armor piercing would probably be around the same.
3.It fires it's own ammo, but yeah, it can fire different shells, for sure.
4.The exosuit is non standard so it won't sell, but the MK2+rockets will probably sell for like 5 tokens or so.

((Regarding the synthflesh+exosuit, I was under the impression that you couldn't wear the MK stuff after you got a robot body. And with Synthflesh being quite large... Although for extra price it would probably be possible to adapt an exoskeleton for it.

And yeah, if that happens, it breaks the system. My favorite moments were when Faith was in the berserk mode, and her best rolls were actually 1's, since with a +4 bonus you get 5 overshoots, and it's the 1 that actually hits. ... Everything is broken...

Actually, that made me think of something. The 5=perfect works for no bonuses or a +1 bonus, but when you get something like a +4, it's kind of... weird. Should the number for a perfect roll change if somebody gets Faith enraged level bonus, or (god forbid) a +5 to rolls? I mean, seems a bit unfair for someone with no decompensator to have 0% change of not overshooting. I didn't bring it up earlier since we haven't reached that stage of ridiculousness, but I feel that now may be a good time.))
Faith's Berserk mode isn't done the same way as other stuff. It's basically a "engage awesome mode" trigger with the side effect of badly crippling her if she over uses it. Well, that and other things.

((My favorite moments were when Faith was in the berserk mode, and her best rolls were actually 1's, since with a +4 bonus you get 5 overshoots, and it's the 1 that actually hits. ... Everything is broken...))
((That was actually my favorite part too, because I was deathly afraid of those amp clubs, and here I'm rolling natural 1s to either not get clubbed or counterclub them first, but it works anyway because lolberserk.

I agree the excessive bonus thing is weird, but remember that it doesn't really come into play until you're at +2 going on +3, since that's trading your 3s for 9s, which is at least questionable. At that point, you're probably breaking things enough to expect to have to get weird to keep operating/get even stronger.))
Yeah, originally this system was designed to handle a few people who would be dying a lot. The decomps were basically added when I realized that living for a long time would make you an overshoot king. Which, in a way, I kind of like at least in terms of some things. Psychics who become so powerful they become unstable and cannot control their own abilities, Tetsuo style. But yeah.
Speaking of, the post now hit it's character limit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16578 on: September 04, 2013, 11:35:55 am »

I had heard that we did not yet have a Suicide King.
And therefore I enter this game. Hello new friends.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm also hoping I can preliminary Armory purchases?

If so:

- Teal orders a megaton charge. Upon being informed he can't afford it, he looks ruefully at the price listings and orders two 1/8 Kiloton charges, and then reconsiders, does some calculations on his fingers and orders one 1/8kt boom, a Gauss Rifle and uses the last token buying... I dunno, cherry bombs, or Fireworks.

You were right, unbolded action did get overlooked.
Either that or Piecewise is getting sick of the massive amount of players at tinker doing actions.
In which case I'll be happy to put this character sheet in a while later when more people have died.
Unless people are rerolling and jumping straight bac kin, which would make it an empty gesture.
Nope, just missed it. As I get lower in the posts I tend to be more pressed for time and get sloppy or curt. Oh well.

Lets see...

You flop out of the stasis pods and immediately drag yourself, still dripping with goo, over to the armory and slam your fist full of tokens down on the counter, pointing to a few things in the list while coughing.

The armory master slides out your bomb, rifle and a 100 pack of bottle rockets before psychokinetically pulling the tokens from your hand.

"Now leave, you're getting goo everywhere." She says, raising an eyebrow at your naked, gooey self.

"Ah, I think I'll stick with the original then.  Good to know, though.  Oh, what would happen if I tried to have a decompensator or an amp installed?"
Count tokens after repairs and resupplies.
"Hey, computer, is the ten mission system still relevant?  I lost track of how many missions I've completed a while ago."
>Not really. If you want to leave, you can. We're going full Voluntary service here, though if you want I can get you into the Joker squad and their dedicated safehouse medic. They'll probably need one, seeing how they can't exactly go in with mkIII's or anything.

"I'm not really sure. Such things might not work of your body constantly rejects change."

((Okay, banking on the fact that Anton is already in Tinker and therefore shall not trigger gassing by technically not entering it, I shall try to continue. With shortened clarifications for PW's benefit.))
So when you say useable by a human, does that include ones in exoskeletons and or very strong ones? Because what you're basically making here is a infinite use telsa arc and it's gonna end up around the same size. Ie big and heavy and usable only by the very strong or mechanically aided. But it's still small enough to be used by a human in the same way that a GE M134 Minigun is technically man portable.

Otherwise, everything looks good.
((I would mean "regular-man-portable", so as bulky as a minigun is a bit too much. Also, it might be an infinite use tesla arc, but it's an infinite use tesla arc with a great deal more accuracy and much more than 50 feet of effective range. :P
In atmosphere, at least. Everywhere else it's just an oversized laser rifle and cattleprod.))

Tinkery actions:
Spoiler: Working on the Gungnir (click to show/hide)

After trying out the design (should work as well as it originally did I guess), estimate the price and see how far it goes beyond my meager funds.

((I'm guessing... well, by the old standby it should end up around 10 token, 2 for the rifle, 5 for the saber, 2 for the generator, 1 for the conversion parts. This is not including the two extra saber batteries, which are optional. Might maybe get 1 back for returning the battery pack, or just save a token by buying one of the no-resale rifles.

So I'm short 2 or 3 token. If anyone on the Diamond Heart team wants a prototype lightning cannon for the assault mission, feel free to contribute. ;) ))

Well, that first one, the laser rifle with the generator in the stock, would work fine. Though you may need to throw some lead weights in the front to counterbalance the weight of the generator being so far back in the gun. Otherwise it's gonna be like trying to fire a gun that someone's tied a brick to the the end of.

It should basically create an infinite laser rifle with a tesla bayonet, that, if used in atmosphere, will shoot lightning bolts. Pretty good.

Cost wise, it's basically just the price of the component weapons plus those extra batteries. So not bad.

Go to the doctor and find out whether Lukas' tokens can be used to fund an upgrade that doesn't require Lukas to dig in before firing his particle cannon.

Can't reduce particle cannon recoil. So either it would require lowering it's damage output or casting new body out of crystallized Iridium. Probably not practical.

((It's a double level up basically. Lucky you!))

Bishop scratches his head for a moment awkwardly as he tries to come up with proper sounding words, and then approaches the armoury master.

"Hey. Um. I'm pretty shitty at this whole talking thing, which is kind of expected when you've been around machines and AI's longer than people, so I'm just gonna be straight with you.

The whole Mark 3 suit recommendation thing you did? It kinda saved my life and the lives of my team more than once... So I guess I'm trying to say... Thanks?"

He shakes himself and lets out a quick breath.

"Wow, that was awkward. Let's get back to something easier, namely, talking about ways of maiming the enemy. I'm thinking about getting a pair of retractable blades on my forearms for close combat, but I'm not sure how feasible it is. What do you think? Reckon you can make it work well against lots of stuff?"

Talk to the armoury master. Be embarrassed at my lack of people skills.
"That could work, sure. Though Kinetic amps might be easier and cheaper. And messier. "

Open my mystery box then go to the VR and bring up the weapon design interface.
The thing in the box is a relatively small mechanical device that looks like it can be clamped to a limb. It's a circular cuff with a bundle of thick needles on the inside and a small control panel on the outside.

You head to the VR machine and Bring up tinker.

PW:  Lars is listed as 2 tokens in one place (Men) and 1 token in the other (Idiots).  Which is correct?  Also, my inventory is a bit different, though I think the Men one is correct since it has the body armor on there.

Brother Lars felt energized, being back on the ship with Glorious Steve.  His studies in the wilds of the planetoid had done him good, though.  All the carting around of gear and traipsing around the place had toughened him physically.  All that injury- and treatment from Mesk- had inured him a bit to taking hits.  Experience with mental invasion- and the conviction that the gods were on his side- had toughed his well.  He felt the great Ingram had blessed him with more knowledge of firearms (and studying Lukas's weaponry didn't help.)  Even Vo-Nos had ensured he knew the basics of fighting in melee.  It was a good day to be in the ascendant HMRC Pantheon.

Speaking of Mesk, he should make sure his chest still worked right.

Level up!
+5 Con
+1 Uncon

+3 Str
+2 End
+5 Will

Go to the infirmity and get checked out.

(Men is the correct one in all cases. The idiots one is just the file I keep for stats and before you go on your first mission. I think I'm gonna end up merging them though. It makes things easier in the long run.)

Leveled.

>Well, you lured that giant worm thing that ate the base. But that base was built with UWM goods. I guess it evens out. 11 tokens. That reminds me; since you're so hopelessly enthralled with me, I have a job you might find enjoyable.

How do you feel about propaganda?

The infirmary checks on Mesk's work and tells you that you're healing well and give you mild pain killers and the recommendation that you just take it easy for a few more days.

Brother Lars thanked the workers at the infirmary.  "May Emar-i bless you all."

He then got his report from Steve.  He had done well!  Blessings to Steve!

Even better, Steve had an assignment for him!  How wonderful!  But... propaganda?  Not something he was familiar with.  He thought... propaganda... prop... prop... what was that word like?

Then it struck him.

Prop...het?  PROPHET?  Did Steve just ask him to be a PROPHET!

He flung himself to the ground and prostrated himself.  "O Sweet Glorious Steve, I would be most honored to be your prophet!  May all the bells sound and ring out your glorious name!  I most humbly accept your offer, and will carry your word to the farthest reaches of the galaxy!  May all people bow and serve you forever!"

He bonked his head on the ground a few times for good measure.  "I humble myself before you.  What will you have me to do?"

Misunderstand and accept the offer!

((Lars would ask the doctor, but he has no real IC reason to do so.))

Spoiler: Brother Lars Stats (click to show/hide)

((PS, PW:  Lars is listed as +1 con.  Shouldn't that be +2, one from profession, one from stats?))
(I think it's +1 and +2/3)

>Standard stuff. Pamphlets about how the HMRC is morally correct in its rebellion, how it's going to help the average citizen of the UWM, how We're fighting against corruption, etc. Maybe find us a new name that doesn't have the connotations of the HMRC. Get a few artists together to create some posters, maybe record some announcements for us to blare across the radio.

Just keep it secular and don't mention me. People tend to be turned away by religious ideals that are not their own, and are certainly gonna be turned away by the mention that this revolution is run by a computer.

Actually, leave VR and sleep for a bit in the barracks. It's pretty busy in the VR corner of the rec room right now.

You go lay down in the barracks, away from the incessant hordes of newbies, oldbies, tinker addicts and general ragamuffins. You're far too sensible for this.

Test the 3x length rifle in range and penetration tests (vs an unmodified civvie rifle) against MkIII, Robot Body, Synthflesh Body, and battlesuit (Hoping to maybe damage a bit of the outer plate, if nothing else).

((Yes, I am attempting to turn these three crappy rifles of mine into one big sniperish rifle. I know I can just get a rifle and sniper kit from the armory, but this is free.))
Well, it's about 3 times as powerful as a normal one. Should work fine on everything minus the battlesuit. Would damage the battlesuit's armor a bit though. Also this thing is gonna be hilarious since it's like 8 feet long at this point.

STEPHEN HAWKING wanders around the rec room asking to borrow tokens.

"Physicist needs tokens badly!" You shout while wandering around, knocking on VR machines and harassing the card players.
"MONEY PLEASE FOR ME."

sell laser rifle no#4 to doomblade
Done.

Give demonstration of banjo-playing scout-eye.
Gonna need a banjo for that sir.

Jim loans STEPHEN HAWKING a token.

(Sorry for non-rp reply, got friends over and just wanted to get that action in before I leave the computer. :P)
You throw a token to the beggar. The beggar makes a high pitched, joyful noise.

Jim loans STEPHEN HAWKING a token.

(Sorry for non-rp reply, got friends over and just wanted to get that action in before I leave the computer. :P)

((YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY))

"Thank you sir! I shall repay you when I invent a method to do so."

STEPHEN HAWKING graciously takes Jim's token, and then goes to Nyars to buy a surprise box.
Specifically a Blue Horizontal Striped Heptagon one.
3 token version naturally.

((hopefully the general assumptions about colors and stripes are semi-accurate, or this will end badly.))
You run to Nyars and buy your chosen box. Yay! Gambling! Hope you don't die!

Noticing the movement around the armory seems to have diminished, Milno heads there to talk to the armory master. There are a few questions he want to ask her.

Talk to the AM.

"I'm not going to ask why you chose me for that position because I have an idea on what the answer is. I do want to ask you something else, though. You ran several missions, so did you help anyone get to the ten mission mark? If yes, were they also turned into part of the Sword's crew?"

"I helped a few reach 10 with me and got them freedom. I did it in exchange for my continued service, among other things. Steve considered me too valuable to convert into extra ram. But really, that hasn't been done for hundreds of objective years. Only at first, when he really needed it. Sad but necessary...a reality I fear you're going to become very familiar with. "

((If someone invites Grate, then I don't know what Feyri would do to them.

On a lighter note, I wonder if it's fair for robot bodies to join.))

((Of course Grate's not invited, what sort of little kid knows how to play Poker?

As for robots....hm.

Requesting information on Robot Nudity, for the betterment of science of course
.))
More curvy and more accurately named breast plate.

Well, Steve is leading us against the UWM. According to him, the whole organization is too corrupted and it should be replaced. We did inform most of the active crew, you might have missed it by being in the infirmary or something.
Alright Milno, could you inform me of the teams, what they'll be doing, and what's going to happen?
Why wasn't I informed? Surely the rest might know..must find Lyra.
. . .

Hopefully she's ok. And Grate. I hope they weren't too..too affected.

And what did Steve say regarding the latest batch of people? I'm missing most of my equipment other than my MKIII suit somehow. What gives?
You found her. Hell, you're patting her head right now. (check her post.)

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16579 on: September 04, 2013, 11:48:42 am »

((@Wolfchild: do you mean this?))
Attempt to create a bullet hell shooter in VR designed for Field Manipulator users to train their skills, have the game specified as follows:
Every barrage is created in a pattern determined by a randomized equation that incorporates various complex mathematical formulas.
Before every barrage, the equation that controls the barrage is displayed for a short period of time.
The game will be so difficult that the only way to survive a barrage is to quickly analyze the formula to predict the trajectory and pattern of bullets.
Bosses have shields that have complex equations displayed on them, the equations change every few seconds.
To damage a boss, the equations must be solved and the answer inputted, this will temporarily disable the shield.

((I think I had Victor make all his work public before I switched him out for Charles.))

"Hello there, I presume that your name is 'Bishop', correct? This may seem abrupt and outright insane, but I must ask you, have you ever hallucinated a talking sheep with a melting face before?"
Charles immediately regretted saying that. What sort of mentally disturbed person would ask that? Why is he actually following up on his own delusions? It seemed inane and pathetic how far he had fallen and he probably still wasn't at rock bottom yet. Thankfully his suit's faceplate hid his conflicted expression.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:13:57 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16580 on: September 04, 2013, 11:54:12 am »

Ask what sort of vehicles apart from the ones listed are available for purchase then as what unlisted weapons are available.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16581 on: September 04, 2013, 11:54:48 am »

Retroactively pick up banjo for demonstration.  Or just pick one up, then give demo.

((I'M BEING USEFUL!))

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16582 on: September 04, 2013, 11:57:16 am »

((Whooo.. Thanks.))

Head to the VR room and enter VR then test out my new amp on first an unarmed and unarmored target then move on to more difficult ones seeing how powerful it is.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16583 on: September 04, 2013, 12:02:16 pm »

"How totally excellent, oh yes!"

Crack that capsule open to get at deliciously deadly surprise within.

Also, check ammo on sawed-off gauss rifle.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:30:59 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16584 on: September 04, 2013, 12:04:01 pm »

As per what you have, exactly what did you bring with you beside the suit?
It was a guarding mission, so I brought the shield and Gauss Rifle, having stowed away my personal items on-ship, as well as the Tesla Sabre. Everything else which was in orange was brought along.

(Aw crud. You had to specify a robot?! in Lenglon's post?! D:

...Why. :/
:\
..Ok time to be creative. And..and I moved away from the infirmary since then as last action but..ok fine let's retcon back there.)
* Tiruin flails.

"Dying to friendly misfire which I should've stopped was not a good cause...Nor did I see any good in the defending the Palace mission. I don't even know what happened to the Magistrate as well as the God King, thanks.

"Reviewing the logs, it seemed there was a bomb shipped into the Palace. Then coming back, I get a UMW raid alert given by Milno and that the teams were formed--I wasn't informed. What gives, Steve?"

Inquire.

"...And if you don't mind..would anyone recognize me with my visor down in this suit? I know it's a bit hard to manuever but..it's a personal thing."

Feyri shifted her gaze at the woman in front of her as she finished speaking on the private channel. She was sure her voice was down given how the suit synced up to her..new form. Granted, she would say this was technically a benefit as she could focus her voice to specified channels now.

Still, facing someone you knew-and loved like a friend- was harder to mention. She felt worried.

Afraid.

..Surely Lyra didn't recognize her as she was now, right?! Oh no wait no, it was that look.

She looked down and put a hand on her head, caressing her hair and prepared for the worst. At least..I can make peace with one of them. I should've told Grate earlier.

"H-hello Lyra." Ok don't lie. She's..sad. "I-it's Feyri, here."

Crap I can't do this.

Also resist depression.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16585 on: September 04, 2013, 12:04:17 pm »

((Bought Pancaek's MK2 for 4 tokens. Adding in the token I got for my mega this means I have 2 left. Thus I'll only have to beg one token off of people to get a telekinesis amp after my next mission. Huehuehue.))

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16586 on: September 04, 2013, 12:08:28 pm »

unclench my fists, relax my muscles (including face muscles), and after a few moments of my jaw twitching very slightly, hug Robo-Feyri.
keep hugging Robo-Feyri
"sorry"
don't stop hugging Robo-Feyri.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16587 on: September 04, 2013, 12:14:13 pm »

Test the 3x length rifle in range and penetration tests (vs an unmodified civvie rifle) against MkIII, Robot Body, Synthflesh Body, and battlesuit (Hoping to maybe damage a bit of the outer plate, if nothing else).

((Yes, I am attempting to turn these three crappy rifles of mine into one big sniperish rifle. I know I can just get a rifle and sniper kit from the armory, but this is free.))
Well, it's about 3 times as powerful as a normal one. Should work fine on everything minus the battlesuit. Would damage the battlesuit's armor a bit though. Also this thing is gonna be hilarious since it's like 8 feet long at this point.
((This comes to mind...))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16588 on: September 04, 2013, 12:17:18 pm »

Quote from:  To Doc
a humanoid form.

Send. Go for alterations, or for where the Doc is.
The doors to the back of the infirmary open for you and find your way to the room the Doctor is in. He's standing above a wheeled gurney, with the clear intent of pushing your probably unconscious body elsewhere.

"Let me ask you something." He says, as he points at the bed and gestures for you to sit. "Have you ever heard of the Arbiters of Peace?"
((Am I the only person who is absolutely horrified yet also cackling manically at the prospect of Arbiter Renen?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16589 on: September 04, 2013, 12:19:19 pm »

"Yeah, the amps WOULD be easier, but where's the fun in making something so uninteresting? Have you got any of your own designs or ideas that could work the same way?"

Bishop blinks in surprise at the sudden question from the strange person. "Huh? Uhhhh, yeah, as a matter of fact, I did for awhile. It was quite some time ago, before I went on that year long mission. I was addicted to painkillers as a result of malpractice in my first mission at the hands of Mesk so I went to the Doc for some help, and he gave me the option of a quick fix through a chemical purge or something.

It works quickly, but it has the downside of making you see hallucinations temporarily, sometimes permanently if you are unlucky, which he kindly warned be about before hand so I didn't freak out about them. The sheep was one of those and it sometimes gave mysterious bits of advice when asked for some. How did you know? I don't think I ever told anyone about it..."

Go ahead and ask her! She is surely a vault of military knowledge!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:26:52 pm by Zako »
Pages: 1 ... 1104 1105 [1106] 1107 1108 ... 2101