_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5687016 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16590 on: September 04, 2013, 12:21:28 pm »

"sorry"

*hugs*

If Feyri had the necessary glands for tears, she would be crying helplessly now. In a different form, all she could manage was to cope up with the melancholy in her mind, and keep her visor up, hoping that her tone didn't change.

"Y-you don't have to apologize, Lyra. You did your best. We all did. And that's what matters, r-right?

...I can't do this. If Jim knew..no no no no this is Lyra. But it's still the same!

She looked away, before returning the hug. Slowly at first, before pulling her friend close as she spoke. "This isn't your fault. You've done what I could've expected anyone to do--things just...just didn't work out right. That happens an-and it's not that bad actually..Nnothing important lost. Grate is safe. You are safe. As well as the whole rest of the away team.

"You're all alive. You didn't cc-cause this."

...My vocal transmitters are malfunctioning. Or..is it me?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16591 on: September 04, 2013, 12:25:08 pm »

(( Hey PW, is that a mistake that I still have two tokens or am I missing something? As much as I'd love to have two tokens pulled from the ether :P ))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16592 on: September 04, 2013, 12:25:22 pm »

((Remember, you still got that plastic face/screen that replaces your head if you want to use emoticons to show your emotions. Sure, not as expressive as actually crying, but it's something.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16593 on: September 04, 2013, 12:25:49 pm »

Charles froze.
What. The. Fuck?
What sort of sick joke was this?
Did he stumble across something or is his insanity now also perturbing the way he processes the speech of others? Because he could've just sworn that the man just answered his question with an affirmative response. He starts talking, trying to force himself to speak yet struggling to think up of the words quickly enough to maintain a continuous outflow of words.
"...I...I saw it... it mentioned you... some sort of contract to say cryptic babble to you for some reason... and mentioned something about a secret fear of cotton balls or something..."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16594 on: September 04, 2013, 12:27:46 pm »

Spoiler: Lyra's thoughts (click to show/hide)
"But, I, FAILED!"
blink more than usual, but ignore the rest of what I'm doing. once tears have made an initial path across your face, you don't feel that much from them after all.
Do not let go of Feyri.
"my fault."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 12:34:45 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16595 on: September 04, 2013, 12:29:26 pm »

1) donate laser rifle #3 and 1 token to the gungnir project in exchange for testing rights, why am i getting rid of #3 after #4? No idea.
2)See if i can sell my roboleg and any duplicate robo-arms.
3)attempt to trade 5 laser batteries to AM at 1 token each seeing as they are all brand spanking new despite sitting in my footlocker for almost a year.
4)Ask for and receive the complementary first pile of scrap metal. Also ask how much it would cost to replace the mining suits armor with a thin variety of battlesuit plate just thick enough to stop gauss rounds and lasers.
5)Head over to the infirmary and ask herr doktor if he could upload his best approximation of this picture (minus the tentacles) to the vr machines whether it be a gene therapy or lab grown critter. The image shall be drawn on my PDA for IC purposes and the critter should be the size of a normal sedan.
6)If Flint and Miyamoto go ahead with the purchase/sale of Gilgamesh give flint 5 tokens up front for his exo-suit with the promise of a negotiable supplement at a later date then buy my hard point and have the AM build it (reinforcing it with the scrap metal) and mount it on the underside of the suits right arm.
(Ignore the part about the robot head in the hard point design, that was just for looking around and served no functional purpose.)

((Ill just repost my plasma flamethrower when youre not as swamped and i can maybe afford it. I made it for fun but the more i think of it the more i want it.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:37:22 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16596 on: September 04, 2013, 12:32:46 pm »

Jim types on his wristpad.

Quote from: James Kelly to Steve
I have an idea. If you want me to be the face of this revolution and you want Lars to make propaganda about it, canonize me to him. I feel kind of bad manipulating him this way but I think he'd go for it. He already calls Milno a saint of yours. Anyway, just a suggestion.

(This is, of course, assuming that Steve broadcasted that on general channels and not just to Lars. If the latter is the case, then you can ignore the post. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16597 on: September 04, 2013, 12:34:27 pm »

Blinking a few times at the man falling apart in front of him, Bishop does the only thing he can think of at the moment that he think's is helpful. He grabs the man by the upper arms and shakes him a little while giving him an intent, utterly down to level, unblinking gaze of his unflinching sanity in all this madness.

"Get a grip! You should expect crazy shit to happen regularly around here. It's kinda par for the course in the HMRC you know. Now calm down and just talk to me about it. When did you start seeing the thing? What do you think caused you to see it? What did it say exactly? And what the hell is this about a fear of cotton balls?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16598 on: September 04, 2013, 12:42:00 pm »

"But, I, FAILED!"
blink more than usual, but ignore the rest of what I'm doing. once tears have made an initial path across your face, you don't feel that much from them after all.
Do not let go of Feyri.
"my fault."
((I know, that stood out in my memory, and now I'm..err, emotional too..))

"You didn't fail. You brought Grate back. You brought me back. You llistened."

Feyri couldn't continue. Her mind was overwhelmed by what trace essences 'normal people' would call sadness, or perhaps melancholy. She couldn't speak, nor could she cry, but she felt her arms and hands moving to their own accord, trying their best to comfort her friend--in theory, it would be her fault, on a technicality, but who would blame you for an error which you couldn't stop? She let the moment drift in silence as her own concern grew with every sniff and sob of her friend.

"You were there when I needed you. You didn't fail me there. And I'm back, because of what you both did. It's okay..it's ok. I forgive you, and it's okay."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16599 on: September 04, 2013, 12:43:56 pm »

"Okay... okay... my apologies, that was, rather, unprofessional of me... I was entirely convinced it was yet another one of my hallucinations, so hearing verification was a bit, traumatic... *sigh* It appeared soon after I got of out of the cyro pods, it started saying something cryptically before noticing me and mentioning something about me being the 'wrong crazy person'... he asked me to guide him to you, giving me your height and saying that you had a secret fear of cotton balls and a fetish for PVC body suits..." Charles stopped there. Cotton balls? Seriously? Did he remember that right? And did he really just mention that shit about a fetish out loud? "It mentioned details about Feyri, the charges she had been sent here on, her relationship as well. Before I even knew her. It also said that the Doctor and the Armory Master were supposed to be dead or somesuch vaguely within those lines..."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16600 on: September 04, 2013, 12:44:15 pm »

((SerCon- As it turns out, Lars's idea isn't too far from your own.))

(I think it's +1 and +2/3)

>Standard stuff. Pamphlets about how the HMRC is morally correct in its rebellion, how it's going to help the average citizen of the UWM, how We're fighting against corruption, etc. Maybe find us a new name that doesn't have the connotations of the HMRC. Get a few artists together to create some posters, maybe record some announcements for us to blare across the radio.

Just keep it secular and don't mention me. People tend to be turned away by religious ideals that are not their own, and are certainly gonna be turned away by the mention that this revolution is run by a computer.

((I could be wrong, but 4 con + 5 con = 9 con = full +1?  Did I forget something?))

Lars blinked.  But why not mention Glorious Steve?  Why not espouse the glorious leader?  He pondered, then banged his head on the floor again.

"Yes, most Glorious Steve.  I will serve as your humble prophet and spread your word to the masses!  Perhaps we shall use the form of your avatar?"  Brother Lars holds up the Steve-Synthflesh-Man pendant* he always wore.  "That way, the people have a face they can gaze upon lovingly."  Lars gazes lovingly at the pendant.  "That can be a central figure to the messages."

Speak to the Glorious Steve.

You carve a lovely little pendant of a synth-flesh man in a triumphant pose. He appears to be smirking about something.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16601 on: September 04, 2013, 12:46:18 pm »

Charles froze.
What. The. Fuck?
What sort of sick joke was this?
Did he stumble across something or is his insanity now also perturbing the way he processes the speech of others? Because he could've just sworn that the man just answered his question with an affirmative response.
((I bet it's the doctor, spiking your food and playing with your minds. Or Mesk spiking your food and playing with your minds.))

((@Unholy: I'm good with the trade, assuming Miyamoto wants to. 6 tokens sound good, since if this was a normally purchased and upgraded exoskeleton it would have cost me about 9-12 tokens. And since I don't need my rocket pack anymore, I can also give you that for 3 tokens. Now that i think about it, if I can find somebody to trade your debt with for some tokens, I might be able to buy a battlesuit of my own, even if Miyamoto doesn't go through with it.))

((@Radio_controlled: Hey, if you are going to sell, how much tokens do you want? I've got 13 right now. Would 15 be OK? I want to have 7 tokens left so I can try my luck at the Nyars roulette.))

((Isn't it kinda sad that we got that VR program for reviewing past missions and nobody has used it yet?))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16602 on: September 04, 2013, 12:47:16 pm »

"not okay."
loosen my grip, and slowly slump down next to Feyri's bed. pulling my kness to my chest and holding them there.
"never okay."

RL calls, i'll be gone for a minimum of 3 hours, probably 4, possibly more, after this post. don't stay up waiting for me Tiruin, assuming I'm right that your clocks are exactly 12 hours off from mine.
EDIT: back
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:35:07 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16603 on: September 04, 2013, 12:48:07 pm »

((Whee! Time to get prototyping.))

"Okay... this should be good. Yeah. Some balance issues, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Let's make this thing."

Anton takes some time to carefully lay out a schematic for the weapon - not a complete one, but more of a conversion manual for the Rifle and Saber - then saves it to his pad and exits VR, going to the armory while thinking out loud.

"Так... поехали. Biggest expenditure is the Saber, at five. The generator should be two... I think, and the Rifle also two. Conversion parts... probably a token, not many of those. So, three over my total. Okay then, let's start with the saber and conversion parts. I think someone was selling laser rifles for a token..."

Go over to the Armory and purchase a Tesla Saber. Show the AM the conversion schematics and ask for the set of conversion parts if they're indeed just a token total. Then go and try to spend my last token buying a no-resale laser rifle from... Auron? I think it was Auron. Unholy's character. Be totally surprised at receiving it for free.

Put out a general message over the wristpad:
Quote from: text message to:All, from: Anton Chernozorov
  Attention team Diamond Heart members, and anyone else really. I am currently constructing a prototype electrolaser rifle intended for planetside use. Whoever lends me 2 token to complete the prototype can take it on the next mission for field testing, and I'll return the tokens after my next mission as well. Prototype has been VR tested and proven effective.

edit: Receive extra token from Auron, and buy the generator for the rifle. Follow the manual that was made in Tinker, and assemble the weapon, making sure to only attach the most expensive part - the Saber - once the rig is complete. Test the weapon for weight and balance, then see if I can find any scrap metal to make a metal case for the forward part of it - both shifting the mass balance forward and protecting the Saber and battery compartment from damage.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 08:35:43 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16604 on: September 04, 2013, 12:55:28 pm »

((A thought recently struck me - why are we not rolling for things like handiwork or intelligence (or intuit) in Tinker? I mean, yeah, it's a virtual environment, but it doesn't turn people into geniuses. Handiwork could be handwaved by being able to retry as much as you like I guess, but coming up with and intuiting solutions to designs could take some rolls to achieve. Just a thought.))
((Nooooo! Then we'll get flawed equipment!

I'm guessing that there are two reasons:
1. Tinker gives us a lot of tries, infinite materials, and access to useful reference materials.
2. We put a lot of work into designing these--usually--and shouldn't be penalized for bad luck.))

Pretty simple. As in they can follow orders and such just fine but they can't really learn or adapt to new scenarios  well on their own. When I say you can't hit dog level, I mean you can't instill it with the capacity for problem solving that even a dog has.
How well would it understand syntax?
Sorry to bug you, I'm considering Tinkering up a drone and want a good guess of its AI capabilities before I get started.

Go to the doctor and find out whether Lukas' tokens can be used to fund an upgrade that doesn't require Lukas to dig in before firing his particle cannon.
Can't reduce particle cannon recoil. So either it would require lowering it's damage output or casting new body out of crystallized Iridium. Probably not practical.
((What if you stuck two particle cannons end-to-end? To clarify, non-firing end to non-firing end; the reverse would be silly. If both particle cannons fired at once, the recoil of each would negate the other. Unless the particle cannons destroyed each other. And then there's collateral damage to consider. But hey, there are options.))

[hrr]]

She looked down and put a hand on her head, caressing her hair and prepared for the worst. At least..I can make peace with one of them. I should've told Grate earlier.
((You can do both at once. Grate's been following Lyra around for a bit.))

"H-hello Lyra." Ok don't lie. She's..sad. "I-it's Feyri, here."
Grate looks at the robot-person, confused. "But..."

"But, I, FAILED!"
Do not let go of Feyri.
"my fault."
Confused, Grate cautiously pats Lyra on the back.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1105 1106 [1107] 1108 1109 ... 2101