_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686682 times)

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16605 on: September 04, 2013, 01:39:22 pm »

I only heard some stories. That they are the elite troops of the Magisters and supersoldiers, but not much, really.

Answer.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16606 on: September 04, 2013, 02:00:57 pm »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Milno Enedrasi
Alright Milno, could you inform me of the teams, what they'll be doing, and what's going to happen?
And what did Steve say regarding the latest batch of people? I'm missing most of my equipment other than my MKIII suit somehow. What gives?

Quote from: Milno to Feyri
My group, Team Joker, is composed of me, Thomas, Faith, Pancaek and Simus and we're going to sabotage something. The assault team is led by Jim and Miyamoto and they're going to take down any armed resistance. In short, we're going to take Hephaestus and use it for our rebel army.

Have no idea. You should probably ask Steve.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16607 on: September 04, 2013, 02:17:42 pm »

((Fear me and my overly long, not-compensating-for-anything gun of laughable power!

Also, here's an unusual idea: Take some variety of shield and use it as a substrate for a phased-array laser, which would appear flat against the shield but could hit targets within a hemisphere facing away from it.))

Take the coils from the two former barrels that were added as extensions and uncoil them, re-wrapping them around the first set of coils, hooking them to the generators. Then get rid of the extra barrel extensions. Test this over-coiled instead of over-long weapon against the same targets, same parameters. (Note to PW: When I say test range, I'm looking for the range bonuses the weapon would posses.)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:20:44 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16608 on: September 04, 2013, 02:37:59 pm »

Quote from: Xan->Doctor
I'd heard the flesh is weak, but this is ridiculous. One explosion and my leg's burned off. And I know that if I keep this body, my injuries will just pile up and debilitate me. So I've decided to act now. If you're willing to upgrade my body, I'm a willing subject.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:13:20 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16609 on: September 04, 2013, 03:27:46 pm »

((Okay, here's the thing. I will be gone for the next three days. And then I'm assuming that there are going to be 25 pages for me to catch up, and five tonnes of schoolwork in addition. So there is a good chance I won't catch up before I have to be gone again. So I will probably be gone until October. And even if I post something, it will most likely be context-free on anything happening around me. Which is good, since I'm not going on a mission.

However, considering that we are likely to be employed in defending the ship, that will be mean if anything happens on the ship, I'm screwed. Would anyone (Paris?) feel like taking care of Vich as long as I'm gone? The default actions are to alternate every turn between playing the flute, reading the HMRCP, (P=Pantheon) and exercising in the room where you're supposed to exercise. If something happens, moderate cowardise and the use of Zephyris as a bodyguard are the way to go. (I actually have plans for her, but can't really enact them while I'm gone. That's why I'm dragging her around. Also, meat shield.) Also, use of speech is greatly preferable to amps.

And when I'm back, I'd really like to see the rest of the secret mission, from Piecewise's side, and the secret briefing. I'm assuming Caellath has the later one covered.

Also, if someone starts a philosophical argument without me while I'm gone, I'm going to be really mad. :P So mad in fact, that I will necro the argument, and comment on every single sentence of every single post of the entire argument, telling you how wrong you are.))

((Okay, did some "research".))
A Civic Defender's longcoat would work fine for the bullets, but when it comes to diffusing lasers very well, thats a bit harder. The defender longcoat will defend against lasers for a few seconds, but not much better.
How much for defender longcoat, and is that even a thing? Is that what you meant by "long coat"?

The Protectorate suit is a full body jumpsuit that leaves only the head, hands and feet uncovered. The fabric of the suit is something very thick and heavy feeling, and as you look at it closely you swear you can see what look like hair thin strands of silvery material running through the black fabric. Small metal plates, hundreds  of them, carefully shaped and designed not to interfere with movement, cover everywhere except the joints. The entire thing is quite heavy and would probably be cumbersome to anyone not of rather herculean build.
How much for that?

Shade Cloak and the Changeling Mask. Huh. How much for the Cloak, how much for the Mask?
Will I need Exo to use them? Something else? If so, how difficult will it be?
((Also, I laugh at the idea of there being an overkill in HMRC. No mask will protect from an accidental nuke.))

Shadow walker cloak
High Guard Armor
Walking Bastion
Arbiter Cloak (I remember this one being 6 token for Milno.)
It's your choice whether they exist and are available or not, and I don't think there's any chance of me buying them, but I'd still like to know what they are and how much they cost. If you don't mind.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 03:46:33 pm by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16610 on: September 04, 2013, 03:45:43 pm »

((Hm...How long until that promise about philosophical arguments is active?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16611 on: September 04, 2013, 03:47:30 pm »

((Hm...How long until that promise about philosophical arguments is active?))
((Starting 17 minutes ago. :P))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16612 on: September 04, 2013, 03:57:11 pm »

((Hm...what topic should I create a rambling, overlong philosophical argument on?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16613 on: September 04, 2013, 04:30:41 pm »

"Hrmm. True. I assume we don't have to protect the entire length of the ship? Or more accurately, this group doesn't? Hrmm."

Buy a large eight token crate from Nyars, with a Green Hexagon with a horizontal line.

((They been good to me so far. Well, aside from THE CUBE, but fuck gold pentagons. That is crazy shit there.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16614 on: September 04, 2013, 04:50:12 pm »

((Bought Pancaek's MK2 for 4 tokens. Adding in the token I got for my mega this means I have 2 left. Thus I'll only have to beg one token off of people to get a telekinesis amp after my next mission. Huehuehue.))
((Indeed PW, I agreed to sell it to him for 4 tokens in some post a while back. It must have gotten buried in with the rest of the posts.))

Pancaek looks at the doc's message.
"Gene therapy...yeah, because I want a slightly less shitty version of my body. No thanks doc, I'll go for the robo-body."

He goes to find Milno.

"Hey, chief, any chance I could borrow 2 tokens for my decomp? I'll pay you back as soon as I'm able to, cross my heart."

If allowed to borrow the tokens, go buy the best exotic weapons/amp decomp form the AM (20 tokens= 12 i already had + 2 from MIyamoto +4 from MKII form Xantalos +2 borrowed.). Then go get it installed while also getting borged into a standard robo-body.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:37:49 pm by Pancaek »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16615 on: September 04, 2013, 05:50:34 pm »

Thinking back, Denzel thought of that one weapon that was like a taser fused with a laser. He had always thought it was an interesting concept, and now that he had the opportunity to make something like it... Hmm...

Plan out a design that allows an over-under configuration for the gauss rifle and laser, with a fire selection switch available to select which of the modes to use. Then, figure out how to set up an arc-gap using the generator without compromising the power of the laser. If the generator is too weak for the electrolaser without compromising the power of the laser portion, add another generator.

((So yeah, like a larger combi-weapon version of the red hand, done by Denzel. I would go for the Chimera, but I don't really have the IC knowledge for it, let alone knowing that it exists.))
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 05:57:38 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16616 on: September 04, 2013, 06:03:23 pm »

"Hey, chief, any chance I could borrow 2 tokens for my decomp? I'll pay you back as soon as I'm able to, cross my heart."

"Sure. Buy yourself something nice." Milno tosses the tokens Pancaek's way without delay. 

Milno gives Pancaek the required tokens.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16617 on: September 04, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »

Well it will work, but it is a bit too awkward, maybe once I can afford an exoskeleton

Hey Steve, we are a rebellion now right? Rather than a prison ship? Also, Do you know if anyone has made a program that can recognize what is on the screens of the Field manipulators?, Not work out the problems just read them for now

Astra Asks these questions, and steps out of the VR, to see if there is anyone else in the rec room
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16618 on: September 04, 2013, 06:36:48 pm »

((I wanna go visit the doctor but i cant find a valid IC reason to negate the fact that he killed my last character who i then proceded to make a brother for so i could steal his bat helmet.))

((What do you think id end up being if i walked up to the doctor and volunteered for experimentation provided he obeyed these requirements:
humanoid, fits inside exosuit, painkiller+coagulant booster venom, wall climbing ability.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16619 on: September 04, 2013, 06:37:54 pm »

((I wanna go visit the doctor but i cant find a valid IC reason to negate the fact that he killed my last character who i then proceded to make a brother for so i could steal his bat helmet.))

((What do you think id end up being if i walked up to the doctor and volunteered for experimentation provided he obeyed these requirements:
humanoid, fits inside exosuit, painkiller+coagulant booster venom, wall climbing ability.))
((Thinking CONSERVATIVELY, a chitin-armored spiderman.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 1106 1107 [1108] 1109 1110 ... 2101