_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686013 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: The Gravy of Murder
« Reply #16740 on: September 05, 2013, 11:59:59 pm »

(Right-o. Speaking of bloodbaths, here's hoping this box from Nyars turns out well for me. >.>

Anyway, Jim'll be in the Barracks when you're ready to talk to him.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16741 on: September 06, 2013, 12:03:04 am »

"Come on, daddy needs some new gear!"

Open the box, and examine contents.

((The phase suit, my goggles, and my current box are all Green Hexagons. My current box has a horizontal line. GAH. Ninja'd by the gm!))
What was the size on that? I forgot to note it down.

Put on MK2.
Go look for the lizard guy. Stay out of sight.

You slip into your MKII and stalk around until you see the guy the doctor was talking about, hanging around in the middle of the hall near the infirmary. He's staring blankly into space.

Pancaek kinda stands there, flabbergasted.

"the hell is this, everyone keeps saying that these things are practically free and now that I want one you want a bribe? What, am I going to have to rip off my own limbs to get a robot body? Because I will, I'll get blood and guts all over this place. Unless your "arrangement" is reasonable. Then we might be able to skip the flying limbs part. "

Say this to maurice, have a look on face that says "Im totally ready to rip off my own limbs"

((really, I did not see this coming. Now I just sold my MKII to get my decomp, thinking I could get a robo-body. Shit...))

"Listen, if you really want one, just find a way to get yourself decapitated. I'll mark down that you're a Botter and you'll get stuck in a robot body. Just make sure you find a way to do it that doesn't hurt your brain."

"10 tokens.

any tracked armoured vehicles for 10 or less tokens.

"Well, we got a relatively good sized Armored Troop Carrier. It's got a machine gun on it."

Jim heads to the barracks as it's probably the least crowded area, then opens the box and examines the contents.

You get something that looks sort of like a chestplate or vest. It seems to be made of many flat metal squares that all bend and flex like some sort of robotic scale.

((@Pancaek: Charisma roll?)

"Wow, when you put it like that..." Flint paused as he contemplated the war for a few moments. "I hadn't realised we're starting a war that would last so long and have such an effect. Are you sure you want to sell those to me? They way you're talking about it, we could make some money for the war by selling this. Time travel and all. So, how much for 5 of those cigars? Or just 1?"

After he got his answer he continued.

"Could you help me understand something? I'm trying to think of why they will be people fighting against us. Are they simply afraid of change? Or is there a deeper reason? I'm thinking that if I knew the reason, I'd have better chances of persuading them to join us, to end fights nonviolently before they even begin. I... I don't want to hurt people, not if I can help it. I understand that the fighting is necessary. I just think that if I can save at least one man, I won't feel so bad for those I'll be forced to kill."
talk to AM
Also, how much does a large Nyars box cost?
"Right now? Box of twenty is 3 token. Really though, you should be expecting a heck of a lot of things to change. I mean, Once we take over we can end the Tech advancement bans that have stifled advancement. We can end the biotech bans too, if we want. Combined with our time jumping you may find yourself with more to worry about then selling cigars."

"A lot of the soldiers you'll be fighting aren't exactly...normal. Mostly they're Sods; vat grow soldiers with minimal intelligence but good training and a complete lack of self preservation and single minded dedication to their tasks. Higher up you'll be fighting people who have more of a vested interest in their positions, or those who simply do not see the UWM as bad. You must remember that not every Magistar is hopelessly corrupt. Many people grow up and live perfectly comfortable and moderately fulfilling lives. The UWM isn't an evil empire; it's just giant and often corrupt or indifferent, drowning in bureaucracy. We're taking it down because it's on the edge of collapsing into worse things.

You wanna buy a banjo? I'm just checking. I mean, I'm not complaining. I think It would be pretty neat to bring a banjo on missions, play it round the burning corpses and such.

I don't see any reason not to have a banjo.

So yes, buy banjo
Fuck man, I'll just give you a banjo.

Have a banjo.

Banjo.

((Almost there!

And although a rapid fire Gauss cannon is a very enticing idea, if I get the universal manip I could probably just buy some gauss cannon ammo and fling those around.

By the way, when calculating your max mind pool, do you take every point into consideration, or only when there would also be a bonus to rolls (e.g. does 21 intelligence give more mind pool than 20 intelligence?)).

1) How powerful is a AoW heavy laser (cutting laser or other equivalent)? How long does its battery last? How many tokens for extra batteries?
2) How many tokens for extra rapid fire Gauss cannon magazines?
3) So, I could get a standard humanoid AoW that comes installed with a universal manip and either a heavy laser or the rapid fire Gauss cannon?
4) How did that voice weapon that Erik used work (the one that forced people to do will check)?  Was it an amp? If yes, is there a manip or technological equivalent?

5 points for each point in the related stat.

1.More powerful then a cutting laser. About 2 tokens more then the cutting laser battery. Maybe a total 90 seconds.
2.Maybe 2 tokens more too.
3. Yep.
4. You don't know. No one really does, as far as your character knows. Maybe someone does, but you don't.

All right.

And he continues searching for lizard dude.
VIPER FISH

FISH

FIIIIIISH

WEll, not exactly, but that would be a good base, what I am thinking of, is a program that can recognize simple mathematical processes, such as trigonometry and the simpler derivatives and integrals, basically, once you have simplified the equation enough, the program auto completes it for you

((at most it will make it cost slightly less mind points to do something, because it will only work once the hard part is already done, it juts saves you from having to complete it))

>Doesn't work. A sentient being must complete the work themselves. Otherwise it doesn't work.

5.Is there anything particular about that thing other then just being big and having teeth and claws for the stabby bites?
((It also has a pair of arms attached to the forelegs. And regeneration. And lots of eyes. And it gets a bit tougher each regeneration. And it has a lot of eyes. And acidic spittle. And a team of other psychotic supervillains who we are working on constructing a facsimile of.))
Im not after an identical copy, but yes it needs to keep the arms.
for the regen id settle for a fibroblast therapy but would prefer meskish healing.
Reinforced bone and tooth materials would be required so it can bite through exosuits and mkIII suits.
Tongue stinger with painkiller coagulant venom, acid spit wouldnt be turned down.
Something similiar to ivans carapace for armor is also mandatory.

give doc details on custom crawler,
Inform AM armor should survive 3-5 gauss shots in the same place.
Head over to vr and load up duel, pit myself, anton and a generic inmate against the doctors crawler.

ill have my current gear but with the exo-suit repaired. (heavy pulse laser, auxiliary weapons hardpoint on exo-suits right arm.)
Inmate 1 should have a mkIII and a kinetic club
Arena shall be a ruined temple.

You know the doc would be good for that if he was making a real one. He's not exactly a VR programmer. Though You could just program your own in with an aux roll. In fact:
[aux:3+1]
Alright, you got it.

Also that thing is gonna murder you to death if it's created as you talked about. I mean, just the fact that it can fucking regenerate endlessly kinda kills the chance of winning.

"There has to be a better way..."

Search for and find weapons similar to the one I'm trying to design. ((AKA the Chimera)) Then, evaluate if I'm missing any materials. If not, practice assembling it in Tinker ((Dynamic bonus go.)) Also, if I have the tokens, go buy the 10-token decomp.
(DOES ANYONE HAVE A LINK TO MAURICE'S THING? I HAVE COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN HOW MUCH IT IS AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.  AHEM.)

Well, you buy that decomp at least.

Buy the largest Mystery Box Prize I can afford with however many tokens I've got left.
You can get a large one, but do you just want it to be random?

Investigate Prices for Cybernetic Replacements. The awesome kind.

If possible schedule time for tinkering on them.

Get specs, too.

The prices for them are listed in the Armory list. You're gonna need to give me a bit more if you want me to offer you things beyond whats on there. I mean, a giant pair of mechanical crab claws would be pretty cool, but I'm pretty sure thats not what you're looking for.

"And... tada! One lightning rifle. Now to hunt down the recipient."

Anton walks around looking for Auron, eventually finding him plugged into a VR machine. He sets the Gungnir down next to him, then also joins VR, intent on seeing what Auron is up to.

Deposit the prototype into Auron's possession, then enter VR. Make the schematics for the Gungnir-S and the conversion manual I made public. Make the schematics for the Red Hand public as well. Then enter Auron's VR session, summon a Gungnir-S and a MkII for myself, and face off against the proto-crawler alongside Auron, replacing the second virtual inmate.

Inmate 1 should have a mkIII and a kinetic club
Inmate 2 should have a tesla rifle and a mkII
Arena shall be ruined temple.
((The one with the tesla rifle, because there's no such thing as a tesla rifle - there's only a tesla arc and the electrolaser.))

Spoiler: Gungnir-S stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Red Hand stats (click to show/hide)

Well, you make those things public but I'm still kind of questioning if you guys really want to fight this thing. Because, how it's described, makes it seem like you're both just gonna die really fast and really hard. Probably not the best for testing weapons.

"What? Waiting? That doesn't sound like something I'm willing to do!"

Chew off bits of my own fingernails, place them into top hole.
You add your fingernails. It buzzes and blinks the same message.

((As a side note: I thought that Doc had created the arbiters when he asked that quiestion.

Arbiter Renen.

@PW: Is Renen asleep now, or still able to talk?))

"Whose brain is that?"

If still awake, ask. If not, wait until I wake up.

((I will stay without internet for 3 days. During this time, Renen will just undergo the alterations.))

"Who indeed." The doctor says, gas hissing out of his mask. "Who indeed." You feel yourself slipping away and then everything is dark.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16742 on: September 06, 2013, 12:07:33 am »

Jim puts on the vest.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16743 on: September 06, 2013, 12:10:12 am »

((...Don't know whether to kill guy. Xan's motivation will lead him to do it, but I feel bad about killing him without even letting his player react.))

Quote from: Xan->Doc
Does it count as killing him if I reduce him to just a head? I have a feeling the armory master would come after me if I killed him outright.
Or that 4-armed robot guy.
I don't really want to fight either.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16744 on: September 06, 2013, 12:11:35 am »

((did you give it worm style regen or mesk style regen?
cos if its mesk style we stand a chance.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #16745 on: September 06, 2013, 12:13:11 am »

(Are there any shapes or colours we don't know what they do yet?)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16746 on: September 06, 2013, 12:15:02 am »

STEPHEN HAWKING opens this new black case. Hopefully he has not gone into debt to by a Matroyshka Doll (I think that's how you spell it)
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16747 on: September 06, 2013, 12:17:21 am »

((Anton is just there to give the Gungnir prototype to Auron and brief him on its usage. He doesn't rightly know what he's getting into with that VR fight. :P

Also the electricity might help at least slow it down.))

"Hey, Auron. Brought you the prototype. Who's the monster of the week?"

Fire full stream at the monster as soon as Auron starts the simulation.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16748 on: September 06, 2013, 12:23:11 am »

((...Don't know whether to kill guy. Xan's motivation will lead him to do it, but I feel bad about killing him without even letting his player react.))

Does it count as killing him if I reduce him to just a head? I have a feeling the armory master would come after me if I killed him outright.

((yeah I get that it fits the DOKTORs personality, but it still seems like a bit of a dick move on PWs part to have people who have been on missions hunting down those of us who are late to the party.
And I am completely unbiased on that >.>))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16749 on: September 06, 2013, 12:24:53 am »

Quote from: piecewise
Fuck man, I'll just give you a banjo.

Have a banjo.

Banjo.

Get two banjos, play duet with scout-eye

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16750 on: September 06, 2013, 12:26:53 am »

Ah ive been dying to get a look at that... Oh him? That's crawler, hes the biological heavy weapons platform i was thinking of getting the doc to make for me instead of buying this exo-suit, hes tailored specifically to medics that have issues with the Hippocratic oath.
If all goes well it should murder us quickly and profusely even without the spinal weapon mounts, if it doesn't... well ill have an idea on what to get the doc to change.

hang my/wolfchilds mkII suit over the side of the VR machine and leave a note on it saying "property of astra" then get back into the machine and start the simulation.

try to flank crawler, fire an overcharged dual emitter pulse at his throat whilst maintaining a safe distance.

((yeah this isn't about testing conventional weapons, its about testing biological weapons.
also first action is for flavor seeing as wolfchild apparently hasn't physically received the suit IC yet...))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 01:07:00 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16751 on: September 06, 2013, 12:31:44 am »

((yeah I get that it fits the DOKTORs personality, but it still seems like a bit of a dick move on PWs part to have people who have been on missions hunting down those of us who are late to the party.
And I am completely unbiased on that >.>))
((I don't even know who the guy is!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16752 on: September 06, 2013, 12:44:39 am »

Ah ive been dying to get a look at that... Oh him? That's crawler, hes the biological heavy weapons platform i was thinking of getting the doc to make for me instead of buying this exo-suit, hes tailored specifically to medics that have issues with the Hippocratic oath.
If all goes well it should murder us quickly and profusely even without the spinal weapon mounts, if it doesn't... well ill have an idea on what to get the doc to change.
"Weapons platform? You want to be that thing? Huh.

Gives a whole new meaning to "charisma is a dump stat", doesn't it?

If you ask me, a nice shiny robot suit of death would work just as good. Ah well, whatever floats your boat. Ready, aim, fire!
"
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Unlimited Banjo Works
« Reply #16753 on: September 06, 2013, 12:46:19 am »

Oh well, thanks anyway

Astra heads off to the infirmary

Hello, is Auron here?, I have a transaction to complete with him
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Unlimited Banjo Works
« Reply #16754 on: September 06, 2013, 12:47:01 am »

>Exist

Spoiler: Jobasio (click to show/hide)

((I'm guessing that's the correct sheet, but I'm not really sure anymore. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1115 1116 [1117] 1118 1119 ... 2101