_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1122 1123 [1124] 1125 1126 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686151 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Apotheosis
« Reply #16845 on: September 06, 2013, 03:57:39 pm »

Quote from: AM
She shrugs.

"Go get a nurse and tell her that the Armory Master needs cooler full of ice."
"Now, I understand you don't wa-what? Just like that? Well allrighty then, let me go fetch that for you."

Pancaek runs to the Infirmary and speaks to a nurse

"Good day, I'm here on an errant for our Armory Master. She told me to ask you for a, ah, cooler full of ice. Yes."

Get the cooler full of Ice for the AM. Return to the AM once I get what she asked me to get.

By the way, guys, try and finish your stuff up. I want to have everyone ready to be podded by sunday and get the briefing up for everyone.
((Once I'm borged I'm good to go.))

You get a cooler full of ice and carry it back to the armory master.

"So you want just your brain out or did you want to keep the face too?" she asks.

"I do believe we suck at this teamwork thing!" Anton shouts over the noise of arcing electricity, pouring more divine wrath into the proto-Crawler, trying to split it in twain.

By the way, guys, try and finish your stuff up. I want to have everyone ready to be podded by sunday and get the briefing up for everyone.
((Will do. Just another round or two of us hurting each other, and we should be ready to go. :P))

[con:1]

You fumble, drop your gun and promptly kick it across the room right over to the crawler. He looks at it and then at you, frankly not sure what to make of you.

Jim gets a piece of metal from the scrap in his locker, makes it into a ball with his amps, then uses his Mass Manipulation Amp to pitch it at his chest while wearing the vest to see what happens.
I'll assume you'll just crush it into a ball with your hands to save the chance of having to do rerolls. The ball clinks off rather boringly.

"That sounds good enough. It seems I'll be staying on ship to defend it, so it doesn't matter much that Jim and Milno are going to be on a mission, since Steve will be on the ball. Whom else can I trust... Feyri, probably... Faith kept hurting me on that mission, but not intentionally... Maurice seems to have been accepted into the infirmary personnel... maybe I should figure that out when I get to the each mission. Anywa, yeah, I think it'd be good to have someone hold my leash." Gorat decides not to say anything regarding Pancaek, seeing that he has just requested the AM to decapitate himself.

Answer.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

((I forgot about that bit where I got out the black sphere. I guess Gorat did so too. He isn't so good with that memories thing, either.))
"Sounds good."

Watch device intently.
You wait as the device blinks it's message for a good 30 seconds before the screen goes blank. It makes a sound like a garbage disposal trying to grind up steel bolts. After several seconds it poots out a little black pill.

I meant combine the coils so that they're a set of large coils. A solenoid (which is what these coils are) with more wire loops is a more powerful electromagnet, no?

Also it would only be a gauss IED (interesting idea, magnetic bomb instead of chemical...) if the coils were working opposite to one another. If they were still separate coils, but the magnetic field matches, then they would not repulse.

Oh, combining them like that would work but it would still be pretty big. I mean, you can only squish them in so tight.

Can I get penetration stats (in comparison to Military and Civilian gauss rifles, as well as the independent stats) and a range assessment?

((I wanted to wait for the thread to cool off a bit before I asked PW to do number-crunching for me.

Also, if it turns out favorably in comparison to the military gauss rifle, I may have done the Revolution a favor by building a decent-power weapon out of pure civilian components.))
Range would be pretty much the same, but penetration would be better. About twice as good as a standard rifle.

Well, with that demonstration done..

Advertise aux programming services.

If anyone needs any programming done, I'm willing to take requests.
"I WILL PROGRAM FOR MONEY. ANYONE NEED A WEBPAGE OR SOMETHING?!"

((Sure.))

Brother Lars feels compelled to lend Flint a token.

"Here you go, Brother Flint.  May Steve's light ever shine on you."

>Who can say. Perhaps the Leaders of the HMRC. Perhaps an elected official. Something we'll hash out when we get there.

The armory master gives you access to any art supplies may require, saying that they're coming from the PR budget.

"I'd go male, handsome, strong features and an air of intelligence. 30s to 40's. Common hair and eye colors. Skin color probably won't matter, but something tan might be good, make his ethnicity hard to place."

Lars bows low to the AM.  "Steve's blessings upon you.  May I ask what your role and opinion is of Steve's glorious ascent?"

After the answer, he went to a table in the Rec Room and got to work.

Ask AM.  After answer, go to Rec Room and create the following:

Since Steve is the most important, we're going to do two versions of him:  We'll call them "Strong" and "Wise."

Strong Steve (Steven Steele)

A well-muscled man in his thirties, with long flowing blonde hair, not unlike what you would find on a romance novel cover.  Striking green (what else?) eyes, with a look of determination.  Tan skin of vague descent.  Generic pants, whatever the current equivalent of khaki is.  Button-up white shirt, half open to reveal muscular chest.  Left hand is on hip, with right arm reaching out, hand palm-up in an inviting position.  Strong manly chin.  Tall.  Clean-shaven.  Mouth-closed smile at the camera, with a vague hint of a smirk.  Plain background (so slogans can be added later.)

Wise Steve (Steven Sophos)  (Alliteration isn't intentional, FYI)

A man in his mid fourties, fit but not overly so.  Close-cropped dark hair.  Striking green eyes with a knowing look.  Tan skin of vague descent.  Wearing a professional-looking jumpsuit that you would expect an officer to be wearing- clothing is neat and tailored.  Crossed arms, looking out at the viewer.  A little taller than average (but not Strong Steve tall)- standing straight.  Strong manly chin.  Clipped goatee. Mouth-closed smile at the camera, with a vague hint of a smirk.  Plain background (so slogans can be added later.)

Submit designs to Steve for review if they come out well.

You toss a token to flint

>Lets go with the second option. We're trying to liberate the human race from Bureaucracy, not its panties.

((Of COURSE Xan and Hunter would both knock themselves out. Silly me, that's obviously the only possible scenario :P))

STEPHEN HAWKING grabs his new sexy knife, intent on fondling it sensually.

((I think if the real Mr. Hawking ever say my RP of him I would be sued harder then anyone has ever been sued in the history of lawsuits. Because STEPHEN HAWKING invented lawsuits :P))
You pick up the knife.
[will:1-1]
"Hmm." You twirl it between your fingers with the practiced and distressing nonchalance of a sociopath. "Interesting."

Wake up then use anything up to and including mutant powers to murder him.

(( Btw what does my helmet actually do besides make me think slowly and have a magneto style mind blocking effect? Also, what does my new body do? ))
(It's a mystery to everyone.)

[End:4+1.] You leap to your feet at the exact same time Xan does. Though you're not exactly sure what to make of his rampant backflipping.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #16846 on: September 06, 2013, 04:00:18 pm »

Incinerate his brain while backing away.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16847 on: September 06, 2013, 04:01:43 pm »

Jim tries again, this time accelerating the ball to slightly sub-sonic speeds. If that produces nothing, then once more at about Mach 1.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16848 on: September 06, 2013, 04:02:33 pm »

Lars looks at the sketches.  "Yes, your Most Holyness."

Create a painting of Option #2!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #16849 on: September 06, 2013, 04:08:26 pm »

"just the brain, I'm kinda fond of those lcd screen faces the robo bodies have. And hey, thanks again for, you know, killing me in a precise fashion."
answer, let the am do what she's planning to do

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16850 on: September 06, 2013, 04:15:14 pm »

((You missed me.))
((I meant buy.))

After buying APC, go and find rocket bike.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #16851 on: September 06, 2013, 04:17:21 pm »

Point of clarification, I want the range stats, ex. Range: Melee-1, Short+2 Medium+1 Long 0 Extreme-2 (numbers taken from the Sibilus)

And when you say standard, do you mean standard civilian or standard military?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:40:26 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16852 on: September 06, 2013, 04:18:52 pm »

Charge at him, attempt to use any new powers I might have to murder him. If this fails then beat him to death, suffocate him. Eat him alive. Just do something physical to make him dead. Use the helmet as a blunt object.

(( Now is not the time for testing random prototypes. ))
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:25:44 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #16853 on: September 06, 2013, 04:24:30 pm »

"Really not good at this."

Switch to the Red Hand, safety off, keep firing.

"I'm starting to think a VR dummy would've done a better job!"
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16854 on: September 06, 2013, 04:42:54 pm »

((I guess I asked to be missed by not bolding, but my crate was a large green hexagon with a horizontal line. Also, what's in the booooox!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #16855 on: September 06, 2013, 04:44:55 pm »

((wait I failed the will roll? Does that mean the "practiced sociopath" thing was the effect? HEPTAGONS ARE CONFUSING :P))

Gently cut my hand, drawing blood but not quite getting full on choppy
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16856 on: September 06, 2013, 04:50:16 pm »

((You want confusing? Try a golden heptagon with a diagonal line. Hell, buy my cube off Morul. Four token for a magical mystery cube! Four token! That's right HALF price for a maaagical mystery cube!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16857 on: September 06, 2013, 04:54:08 pm »

"Here we are... the moment of absolute truth and salvation."

Observe if device still works or if it has depleted all of its something or other. If it still works, don't eat the pill. If it doesn't work, swallow the pill.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16858 on: September 06, 2013, 05:33:39 pm »

((@ toaster, I have no tokens right now, but If a weapon appears to be something I can use, I am interested))

Yes I am interested, also by premade do you mean instant or just pre-ground?

((I maaaay be a little bit of a coffee snob IRL))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #16859 on: September 06, 2013, 05:44:40 pm »

Thank the AM for her help. Buy a large red hexagon, horizontal line from Nyars. Open it up and see what's inside.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 05:54:19 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 1122 1123 [1124] 1125 1126 ... 2101