_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5729867 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Apotheosis
« Reply #17040 on: September 08, 2013, 01:57:58 pm »

((How would you describe the male side of the complement?))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17041 on: September 08, 2013, 02:01:36 pm »

((to be fair, Lyra acts like a child semi-on-purpose, she both does it deliberately because she likes being perceived that way, and does it automatically because she never developed the habits normally associated with acting mature.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17042 on: September 08, 2013, 02:11:07 pm »

((Edited post slightly.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17043 on: September 08, 2013, 02:22:13 pm »

.... Because going back half a day after my action is posted to counter my action is totally not using ooc knowledge to cheat.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17044 on: September 08, 2013, 02:23:50 pm »

((How would you describe the male side of the complement?))
((The males still have their share of robots, as well as Herr Doktor, Jim, and there was Mesk turning himself into a nanobot hive, but past those and the Doctor's experiments? There's a number of plain, if partially prosthetic or partially insane/eccentric people. Milno, Lars, Xan, Gorat... er, a few people whose names escape me at the moment. Even Miyamoto, though he's essentially turned himself into a mobile biological control system for an Avatar of War, is still mostly human and all himself.

Given how often loss of life and limb happens around here the robots will only grow in number as time goes on, sure, but it kinda seems that men around here are better at keeping themselves... themselves. Though then there's May, again...

And I guess this doesn't include the fact that there's just less females around here. And most of the dead people are guys (or all of them, I don't remember). And I just noticed that wolfchild's character is a girl. So maybe it's all statistical nonsense. :P))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17045 on: September 08, 2013, 02:26:22 pm »

.... Because going back half a day after my action is posted to counter my action is totally not using ooc knowledge to cheat.
((...
Wait a minute, I've done this kind of thing before. Felt like a dick then, felt like a dick now. Unedited.))
Sig! Onol

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17046 on: September 08, 2013, 02:30:17 pm »

(( Yeah, I did in the AC I was in a few times and felt like an ass for it. Kinda developed a habit of hating it when others do it now as well. Don't worry I'm sure my roll will fail epicly.

I hope you go first, I wanna see this. ))
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:34:02 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17047 on: September 08, 2013, 02:33:18 pm »

((I like Steve very much in these posts. And looks like Lars was right in a way about Steve's synthflesh body.))

((Notes updated with the new info.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17048 on: September 08, 2013, 02:33:46 pm »

(( Yeah, I did in the AC I was in a few times and felt like an ass for it. Kinda developed a habit of hating it when others do it now as well. Don't worry I'm sure my roll will fail epicly. ))
((Eh, it's alright. I went into this deathwatch knowing it was a deathmatch.
That being said, if I win your guy won't die.))
Sig! Onol

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17049 on: September 08, 2013, 02:35:51 pm »

(( You tried to melt my brain lol. Funny way to not kill me. But if I win I have to kill you. Or you'll just get revived then try again. ))
Caine's law.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17050 on: September 08, 2013, 02:38:46 pm »

(( You tried to melt my brain lol. Funny way to not kill me. But if I win I have to kill you. Or you'll just get revived then try again. ))
((If I get revived in a robot body I'll be cool with it. This is just my attempt to become something like an Altered.
And yeah, I'll stick to disintegrating your neck :P))
Sig! Onol

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17051 on: September 08, 2013, 02:41:05 pm »

(( I'm trying to decide if IC I'd prefer you perma dead or indebted to me for your life at the moment. ))
Caine's law.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17052 on: September 08, 2013, 03:01:51 pm »

(inb4 Steve vents the lot of us :P)
((I'll protest that I wasn't going to kill him (which I'm not going to) if I get tied up.))
Sure.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17053 on: September 08, 2013, 03:11:55 pm »

(inb4 Steve vents the lot of us :P)
((I'll protest that I wasn't going to kill him (which I'm not going to) if I get tied up.))
Sure.
'I'm not gonna kill ya. I'm just going to turn everything but your head to ash in an attempt to impress a doctor.'
Sig! Onol

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Unlimited Banjo Works
« Reply #17054 on: September 08, 2013, 04:53:27 pm »

DEAR EVERYONE NOT IN SURGERY, A DEATH MATCH, OR AN AVATAR: GET YOUR BUTTS TO THE BRIEFING ROOM NOWS LIKE.  I WILL RELEASE THE HOUNDS. BY WHICH I MEAN NYARS.

Charles witnesses a strange hallucination fading from his vision, it depicted a six-sided die rolling an eight. Seems like he tranced out again and he's somehow aggravated the two combatants.
Charles continues moving away in a zig-zagging, erratic faction towards the nearest veteran while trying to calm down his pursuers. He will obscure their view of him by firing a shot or two to deploy a cloud of ClF3 between himself and his pursuers and sweeping the stops towards the latter.

RAAARGATSFARAFWRAS INCINERATE CHARLES LENGTHWISE STARTING WITH PENIS

((Also, Xan can be pronounced Zan if you want.))

Electric shock punch Zan to the heart while he's distracted by his rage, attack after he focuses on his new victim.

(( Priorities, survival first. Pride later. ))

[Charles dex:4-1]
[Xan dex:3-1]
[hunt dex:1]
[charles con:1+1]

Charles, seeing, the unstable, omicidal amp user and the smoldering fish man turning on him, does what is known as "flip his shit". He starts firing like a crazy person, hitting every surface around him and the two men, except for his targets. Enormous blast doors slam in from the ceiling and seal the corridor just as the metal-fluorine fires and the screaming starts.

>Please stand by. We are experiencing a minor lapse in judgement. There's a loud thump as the magazine of Charles rifle detonates.

>Make that a major lapse in judgement.

[Xan end:4+1]
[Pat end:6+1]
[Charles end:3]

Question: Xan and Pat, do you want try and grow that skin and muscle back or just go synthetic skin? And Charles, You want the...I dunno...30% of you they're gonna grafted onto a robot or you wanna just go full bot?

((@Caellath:Thanks a lot, but that's still a no. The scientist and the gambler in me wants to try the Nyars loot. But the powergamer and the good guy in me wants to go with paying off my debts (since there is a chance I will die in the coming battle) and getting the best possible roll bonuses and weapons and those two guys make the most sense right now. Plus, it fits IC. I made a promise to Miyamoto not to take stupid risks and using unknown and untested alien weapons of possible mass destruction near my teammates counts as a stupid risk I think. Still, thanks for the offer. Thanks to all the people who trusted me with their money. It means you either didn't care about money, wanted to help a teammate more than you wanted money or really trusted me I'll pull through the mission despite my character's quirks. All good things in my opinion.))

((Also, Simus getting synthfleshed: She'll finally have a +1 to some stats and skills. Most of them actually. That's a bit reassuring and frightening at the same time, considering her equipment and jack of all trades skills and stats...))

Pay off my debts. 5 tokens to Miyamoto (give them to him through the AM if you don't want to just have them transferred), 1 to Jim and 1 to Lars.
No broken knee caps for you, sir.

((I already have 2/3 chances of +1 to Will (Dat phase suit) and Dex.

Also, this seems to be the interregnum of people getting their abilities jacked up through the roof.))

What can I do non-standard that wouldn't cost too much more than the baseline?
(Soon comes the harsh realities of the limitations of stats. Soon comes the dark.)

"It's up to you really; sythflesh can be made to take any form and can be adapted to practically anything. You could have fingers that unfold into little tendrils to type quicker or repairing easier. Extra arms or legs, a dozen eyes, built in kinetic amps, subdermal claymores. Hell, you could make yourself look like a horse.You know...if you're into that. "

Well, that's good enough for me for now. Make sure I have the dynamic bonus from tinker, unless I can get another one (then spend this turn getting another +1), find a peaceful, protected space (Stasis area? Either way, avoid the fighting.) and build it.

[Handi:5]
Yay, didn't even need those bonuses. You're just that cool.

You run to the exit of the infirmary but find that Xan and what seems like a deep one are duking it out right outside! You shrink back and bump into a man in a doctor's outfit. His name tag says Maurice. He offers you a soda from a cooler he's got under one arm.

"You way want to stay here for a moment." he says, glancing at the fight. "At least until one of them is dead."
((Maurice is well known to Lyra. He was the first person she opened up to at all on the ship, and is on par with (or higher than) Feyri in terms of levels of trust. she doesn't need to read the nametag to recognize him.
however, that kind of apathy and speech pattern is...
out of character for him, as she knows him))
take the soda, read the label, and if it doesn't seem like it would be mind-affecting, sip it. either way, lean back against him and hold the soda can against my chest with both hands (when not drinking from it of course).
"Why?"
Interact with Maurice

((to save time, I might as well add in Lyra's reaction to an expected misunderstanding))
if Maurice says stuff that indicates that he thinks I asked "why would I want to stay here and wait?":
shake my head twice.
"Why. fight?"
"I don't really know, to be honest." says, tapping his fingers against the side of his own soda can. "Maybe one has something the other wants. Or maybe one just doesn't like the other? Sometimes people fight for no reason at all. They're confusing, huh?" He looks down at you."

You sip your drink.

He takes a step in front of you when Charles fires, blocking you from the potential cross fire before the blast doors slam shut.

"Sorry, I've gotta go. We've gotta get them out of there once the fire ends and put them back together." He turns to the other nurses and doctors in the room "Alright people, lets go, hazmat suits and masks. Get the medigel ready."

STEPHEN HAWKING focuses on this feeling of strangeness.
((I was wondering what the will rolls were for...probably to not go mad with power or something....WOOPS))
[will:3-1]
You spin around on the bed the nurse has set you down on and look around. You see Lyra, all alone, sipping on her soda and waiting for the blast doors to open so she can leave. You slide out of bed and walk over toward her, knife twirling between your fingers.

((Hmmm lets just say i cut a rather nice hole straight through crawler then got crushed by a falling pillar.))

exit VR and pick up Gungnir then go see what all the commotion is about in the hallway, send a message to jim asking if it is an authorised duel.

Oh and change the field of fire on my hardpoint to match that of the VR simulation, should be a free roll or dynamic bonus.

Code: (from Auron to Jim) [Select]
uhh jim, we got a rather nasty looking fight out here between the electric eel and a cyborg
space magician under the watchful eye of an automated turret, did you authorise a duel or something?
Well, the fight is over, but more importantly, I don't remember you actually getting that hard point? I remember you trying to get botted, being turned away, talking to the armory master about costs of the hard points and then trying it out in VR, but never actually buying the hard point because you aren't a robot. You crossed the whole "pay off maurice" action out.

"Hrmm. Interesting. I wonder."

Head to the back of the medbay, towards the Doctors' domain, and stand four steps away from the doors. Push button, and walk eight steps forwards.

((The doctor pretty much always leaves you conscious. Hell, sometimes he doesn't even use painkiller. Case in point, Cog had was both conscious and without painkiller when he had his Boneskin mod, and the Vaccum mod. Same with Bishop and his regeneration mod. I remember because they had End rolls. Not sure what Bishops was, but Cog rolled a five.))
The infirmary is basically inaccessible for the moment. CLF3, you know how it goes.

Check if I can control how far the pyramid sits away from my hand.  Try again to transfer it to my other hand.  Also see if the pyramid is affected by clothing, in other words whether it sits the same if I have my suit on or off.
[exo:4]
You can shift it from one hand to another and it does seem unaffected by clothing.

((I'm enjoying the Avatar detail.  Looks like something you've wanted to write for a while.))

Lars looked at his handiwork.  No.  Not good enough.  This must be perfect, or beyond perfect!

Try again, dammit.  Nothing less than perfect or overperfect for Steve!

Lars also nods at Flint.  "You are welcome, Brother Flint."

[aux:6]

Now steve is giant and has a package that could frighten a horse.

((Someone already got the Avatar of War?

..Welp. Scratch that off my 'things I want to be' list. :P

..Get controlled by SC or someone who could play Feyri at the moment because I don't want to hold up Lenglon and GWG in the infirmary as we hug and >__> I can't believe it.

If there's anything that needs my word, please tell >_<))
You too can have your legs cut off for the betterment of the rebellion!

(Well, so much for the diary.)

uhh jim, we got a rather nasty looking fight out here between the electric eel and a cyborg
space magician under the watchful eye of an automated turret, did you authorise a duel or something?

Quote from: James to Auron
No, I didn't. Have any idea what's going on? If it looks like it's going to get out of hand, ask Steve if he'll shock them into submission. If he won't do it, let me know. I'm handling some other business right now but if I have to put it down to stop this I will.

Quote from: Auron to jim
uhhh... it appears that they are both trying to kill the owner of the turret now si they can continue what they started, i could try to put a stop to it for you if your busy, id need a weapon that is a bit less prone to collateral damage then those i have now...

Perhaps something more direct... like a knife or an axe...

Quote from: James to Auron
Right, I'll loan you a sword, I have a few lying around - unless you want to buy it or something, but we can talk about it once this is taken care of. I'm on my way.

Jim tosses aside the diary since the password is completely unbreakable, grabs his reiterpallasch, and heads down to the fight. Once there, he hands the sword to Auron on the off-chance he needs back-up. Next, he asks, "Steve, can you render these three unconscious? We have bigger concerns than their squabbles right now, like that upcoming mission." If Steve can't/won't, Jim enters the fray with the intent of KO'ing all three participants with his fists. Yes, even if Charles does try to explain/speech roll.

Well, the fight is over and those three are very unconcious, but I just love the way you so nonchalantly say to knock them out. One has a rifle that shoots burning poison, the other is a psychopath with an amp and the third is a deep sea fangly fish with electric powers. And you're like "OH YEAH BROTHER, JIM'S GONNA RUN WILD ON YOU!" and flexing all four pythons.

Don't worry Charles, Im on my way and i have backup.

Receive Unnamed reiterpallasch from jim (almost 2 feet too long. Need 8 dex or -1 dex. If 8 dex, +1 str for stab)
If Steve doesn't electrocute everyone in the fight Auron shall single out Xan and perform a rocket propelled tackle with the intention of rendering him unconscious. (make sure to stand in front of Jim when doing this, i don't want to became a kebab)
If he does not comply with forced naptime and Jim doesn't beat me to him i shall stab Xan in the liver and drag him off to the infirmary.

((fun fact: according to my browser dictionary reiterpallasch is spelled "interscholastic".))
((and now the fun begins, especially if i roll a 5 or 6 +1 and invent HMRC bowling. >:D))
I'm so tempted to have you perform an Interscholastic tackle straight into that door. But alas, you did qualify that action so I guess I can't. Damn. Damn Damn.

((Hmmm lets just say i cut a rather nice hole straight through crawler then got crushed by a falling pillar.))

exit VR and pick up Gungnir then go see what all the commotion is about in the hallway, send a message to jim asking if it is an authorised duel.

Oh and change the field of fire on my hardpoint to match that of the VR simulation, should be a free roll or dynamic bonus.

Anton gets out of VR just as Auron does, laughing. It takes him a moment to stop. "...aah. Oh wow. You know, this is why I prefer to stick to designing weapons, not so much using them. It's funny when you're in VR, but it gets pretty bad in the field pretty quick. Aheh.

Anyways.

So, that there is the Gungnir, in the flesh, so to speak. The Gungnir-S, specifically, and it's pretty much a straight-up combination weapon. This means that it's got nothing fancy, all the typical settings of the original weapons. Power and diffusion on the laser rifle, power on the saber. Laser rifle's got infinite charge courtesy of the generator, but I doubt there won't be consequences to keeping maximum power for long. Saber's got a minute of life, but I honestly haven't tested if you can extend it by halving the power and still have the electrolaser work.

One thing to keep in mind, the electrolaser is a lot like lightning, and a lot like lightning it prefers to strike one target. Sweeping an active electrolaser is going to cause all sorts of problems if you do it too quickly - think Tesla Arc level of problems, so if you have to sweep, do it slow. Keep to quick, rapid shots at each target as much as possible.

If you ever want to lighten up the weapon or need the generator for something else, you can unplug the stock and plug the standard battery right back in. It's a nice, simple to make, and versatile system.
"

Explaining the functions and theories behind the weapon as they went along, Anton stops when he and Auron come upon the fighting group. Auron seems to call in help to break the fight up.

"Want me to help? I could try to tase the lot of them. I haven't actually tried it on people yet, it sort of came up on the mission and I didn't yet test it, but I could try."

Safety off, Red Hand to Taser mode. If Steve does not break the fight up on Jim's inquiry, aim for whichever combatant Auron isn't lunging for and tase him. Keep at it for as long as seems necessary to take him out of the fight. Raise power back to normal if necessary.
Jesus, it's like you guys haven't even read this post I'm currently writing. It's right there! At the top of the post! Charles, Xan and Fishfry are all subdued and flash fried. Geez guys, it's called Precognition. Get ahead of the times.

"Well, this looks supremely dangerous!"

Pirouette into the infirmary, give pill machine to Grate.
Another non-reader eh? Well, you know what we do with illiterate people like you?

We insult them in writing.

"Anything that simply performs surface invisibility or something similar?, or something decent I can get for 4-5 tokens?"
Ask
"Uhh...well yeah. As long as you're not moving. Did you want something that worked while you were moving?"

"Ok, I'll return then." Gorat then leaves for a silent part of the ship.

So, I obviously noticed none of you made any comment on what I just did. Should I take it that most of you would have done, or even did, something similar in my situation? Also, what is your stance on this revolution?

Ask the ghosts.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

If we told you we weren't' dangerous, would you really believe us?

I'm not a liar, the man lied.

Paranoia is impossible to cure externally.

Revolution.

Hmm, seems fun.

Dangerous.

UWM is bloated without his help, but still massive.

Even if uncoordinated, still a threat.

Good though, better.

I don't like it.

Check machine gun then look for a fellow teammate to talk to. Friendly one at that,
The machine gun is...a machine gun. Standard sort of mounted thing, gunpowder based, box of ammo attached on the side.

As per friendly teammates, you got a name? Because we're in a bit of a pickle otherwise. Most of your teammates are either on fire, comatose in the middle of a card game or bumping against walls like birds trapped in an outhouse.

Try to move around a bit. See how flexible and agile I am, and try out the cameyes.

You move around a bit. Your steps feel light, despite the fact that you're 5 meters tall and wearing a tank's worth of armor. You're fairly flexible too, no yoga master but you can touch your toes at the very least. Agility is relative. You feel like your limbs move slower then before, but in reality they cover distance more quickly. The cameyes turn on and off with a thought, cycling through their vision modes as you think about them.

((I was hoping to see stuff like the installable shields that are available, as well as other possible protective stuff.))

Count all my tokens, then see what I can get given my current amount of funds that can be protective. Namely armour plating, shields, space magic or other special stuff.
With 23 tokens you can buy a goddamn battle suit. Or automated manipulators to stop bullets and shrapnel. Or mini point defense guns. Or mirrored armor for lasers. Hell, you can get just about anything.

Pages: 1 ... 1135 1136 [1137] 1138 1139 ... 2101