_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5731998 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17745 on: September 14, 2013, 11:07:02 am »

((Hey guys, if I ever happen to get suddenly banned from the forums, the most likely thing is that I was using a racial slur common in the hip-hop world that has been deemed "derogatory" on here.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17746 on: September 14, 2013, 11:35:30 am »

"Very well."

accept trigger.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17747 on: September 14, 2013, 12:08:34 pm »

Check the price of smoke bombs that could be used to provide cover or blind enemies, but allow me to see with my battlesuit's cameyes. ((Sods won't shoot what they can't see. I on the other hand have cameyes that can see through smoke. Depending on my mood I could kill them while they're sitting ducks or simply ignore them while I move along.))
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:44:20 pm by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17748 on: September 14, 2013, 12:14:37 pm »

(I don't remember how much I paid for that decomp, though. It was either 10 or 15. Either way, yeah. Let's get that old decomp out and the best one in ol' Jim.)
Well, the old one was 10, so you'll get 5 for it. This leaves you with 8. Are you saying you want to use those 8 +12 from your budget to get it? If yes, just say so and consider it done.

(I've tried putting a kinetic amp on a rod from god before.  IIRC it wasn't particularly impressive.)

Experiment time!  Try cutting my flesh and holding food against the wound instead of eating it.  Does the regen automatically incorporate the biomatter?
Also, if there's time, get into Tinker, modify/enlarge a gauss rifle to fire metal poles instead of gauss rounds.

I'm gonna say we're cutting off Tinker for now. Because Honestly, I think you guys might tinker forever. Hell, there would be someone trying to run back in and tinker as they defended the ship. I KNOW THERE WOULD BE!

As per your idea of slicing your arm open and inserting a sandwich, this proves...somewhat viable? The little robotic insects take a bit of the food but it seems like they repair you mostly using your own biomass.

"Wouldn't it be best if we moved along forward? I mean, if some guy with a megaton bomb opposed to machine gods runs over in this direction, it probably won't matter if he's 100 feet or 10 feet away, will it?"

Ask Steve.

Then, most importantly, rip out a little bit of my hair, add to the pill machine I totally got from Grate. Then add a gauss round. Await results.

>You can set up wherever you like along the gangway. Though having some space away from the building's doors will mean you have some time to react if two dozen soldiers spill out and open fire.

Hair and a gauss round pill? Sure. You get one of those. Looks just like all the others. I hope you're keeping track of them.

Go talk to one of the normal doctors and ask him to perform a full scan on me and to give me the results so I can see whats been done to me and what I'm capable of.
"You're a fish." He says. "You can breathe underwater. You can project electricity you produce and store in organic batteries. You can bite people in the face. Generally, you're also a bit harder to kill. Thats about it."

All right, leave the armor as well. And the rocketpack was included in the things to leave. Other than that, ready up, pistol (and holster) beneath the worker suit if possible and not obvious, otherwise leave that behind with the AM as well.

((Worth a shot. And on that void-coordinate tracker, use dead-reckoning. That way, you don't need any point of reference.))
(Wouldn't dead reckoning require knowledge of a former point in relation to your current one? Because if he had that, he wouldn't need the tracker.)

You suited up, hiding your weapon beneath the thankfully loose fitting overalls. You'll have to unzip the front to get at the hidden weapon, but it's better then nothing.

"Assholes."

What about a device that I can drop at the entry point that records my last position in realspace, and transmits that into voidspace so my suit can track that? Go find a doctor, and see if they can scan my brain to find the cause of the memory loss induced by the Weirdvision goggles.

((What I'm trying to do with the transmitter is be able to know what my location would be in realspace when I'm in voidspace, so I can input the co-ordinates I want to go to, pop into voidspace have my suit track the co-ordinates, then let me know when I'm there so I can pop into realspace and bypass things like walls, doors, large enemy formations, etc.))

(Problem: Nothing enters or leaves voidspace. Not radio, not infrared, not x-ray, not light, not sound, not energy, not matter, nothing. Void space nothing. Pure and simple nothing. Getting a signal into there, not really possible. Basically, You're flying blind here. The best you could probably do is use a map and make a program that moves you around on that map judging by your movement speed. Although even that will be imprecise since it will have to judge distance moved based on your footsteps or momentum or something. Better then nothing, but prone to cumulative error.)

Brain scans find nothing abnormal. Then again, unless the goggles caused physical trauma which caused memory loss, they wouldn't.

Alright, consider it done for 2 tokens. I'll just throw it in your inventory now, to save time.

Erm, I'm afraid we have a bit of a misunderstanding here: I thought, seeing how I'd be using part of my free scrap metal, that constructing that polearm would be free, kinda how like Jim could build all those weapons for free. The reason I asked the AM to do it wasn't to ensure it would be done decently, but because Miya is still deep inside the ship, and therefore not in a position of doing it himself.
So could you perhaps undo the 'purchase' of that polearm? I'll just use the broadsword I got from Jim instead.

((Is that laser rifle still available, if so:))  Theodore heads to the person selling the laser rifle, "I'm willing to buy that."

((@ Alarith: Yes, I am still selling a laser rifle (and 1 battery) for 1 token. If you want it, confirm, and I will add it it to my action.
And if you want, you can have my last Timmy tear too, together with that rifle.))
Okie dokie. It would probably have taken more then the free scrap anyways. You are quite large. Heh, that sword is gonna be like a letter opener to you. You may want to have jim extend the handle.

Stumble around ship trying to find the Stacy guy.
He's not hard to find. He's the guy who is either singing or dancing or both. You join him halfway through his pill making jig.

stop hunting ventilator bob, take spear, put on suit (helmet probably not necessary yet), and move to airlock to wait for rest of teams.
You get dressed and start jabbing people in the ribs, egging them on.

"Come on guys! Lets get to the murder! I have vat grown soldiers to murder with my hilariously anachronistic weapon made of old tin cans psychically fused by a giant 4 armed albino!"

upload echolocation program to suit. Wait for team to be ready.

Batman returns.

"How much? also is it resistant to damage? and if not is there some sort of reinforced version available? and how much would that cost?"
Ask buy whichever I can afford

You get the standard, nonprotective version for 4 tokens. Now you can play out all your voyeuristic, harry potter fantasies.

Probably time to tool up.

Buy a Gauss Rifle and ask the AM if there are any grenades or rounds that would be particularly effective against drones.. or if maybe some kind of jammer would work.
You buy a gauss rifle, but thats all you can afford. Scout eye, remember?

"Hmmm... Do you have something that I can use multiple times? Preferably something cheaper? Maybe a copy of some kind of hacking assistant software?"

Further AM inquiries.

"If you're really worried about it just get a cable to connect your suit computer to whatever you're hacking and Steve can do it for you. I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

((@PW, I think you missed me. Here is my action again.))

((@PW: Will Renen participate in the defense?))   

Look at my body, try to see the alterations, check if package is still there. Check if Doc is nearby, ask him for a resume of the modifications. If he is not nearby, send a message.

"What are the alterations, could you tell me?"

or
What are the alterations, could you tell me?

(he will participate in the defense)

Your alterations are rather extensive. You appear to be fully metallic now, but coated in a layer or two of ceramic, anti-ballistic armor. Your body is long, thin and lanky, practically skeletal but with several more joints then a normal human should have.  You have a strange looking sheathe attached to your hip. It's not for a normal Mono-blade or anything you've seen. It's thick and boxy, looking more like a machine then a sheathe. You move around a bit. You feel extremely fast and easy on your feet, like you'd barely have to flex your toes and you'd be flying across the room.

"There aren't all that many people I'd trust the shock trigger for this defense mission... I guess Jack is ok though, and he's kind of the team leader."

Gorat goes to Jack Hansan, shock trigger in hand. "Jack, this is a trigger for my shock implant. If you feel that I am acting in a way that compromises the defense of the Sword, use it to shock and stop me. I hope that it's not necessary, but there are reasons that I might be compromised. I just want it back after the defense, so I can give it to others on other missions."

Hand the shock trigger to Jack if he accepts.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
You offer the trigger.

From here

Feyri waited outside, near the armory after hearing most of the introductory briefing--which was before Steve appeared in the 'flesh' literally, of course. She didn't see him come in.

Anyway, back at the armory. . .

ACTION: Move back to the AM - ask if I am permitted to re-enter the briefing room.

Inquire what she would recommend for my arsenal-something that would provide a good synergy with what I currently have: an MKIII and my Tesla Sabre, and a few other things.

"What can you recommend?..Oh, and it's Feyri here. You know what happened...
"Anything that can ward off rogue amps? Or perhaps, shield others or myself from the power of amps? In general, please?
"...Or at least, something to protect me that doesn't compromise mobility?"

((Not forgetting your comment, Lenglon, but my first thoughts which I didn't mention were on precision-based weapons. Nevermind accuracy if it can hit the same spot multiple times.))

Searchword: Iridescent
Spoiler: Feyri Nirel (click to show/hide)
You can go back to the briefing room, sure, it's open.

As per what you should get, that depends. What sort of role do you want to play? Whats your combat style, so to speak.

From here

Feyri waited outside, near the armory after hearing most of the introductory briefing--which was before Steve appeared in the 'flesh' literally, of course. She didn't see him come in.

Anyway, back at the armory. . .

ACTION: Move back to the AM - ask if I am permitted to re-enter the briefing room.

Inquire what she would recommend for my arsenal-something that would provide a good synergy with what I currently have: an MKIII and my Tesla Sabre, and a few other things.

"What can you recommend?..Oh, and it's Feyri here. You know what happened...
"Anything that can ward off rogue amps? Or perhaps, shield others or myself from the power of amps? In general, please?
"...Or at least, something to protect me that doesn't compromise mobility?"

((Not forgetting your comment, Lenglon, but my first thoughts which I didn't mention were on precision-based weapons. Nevermind accuracy if it can hit the same spot multiple times.))

Searchword: Iridescent
Spoiler: Feyri Nirel (click to show/hide)
((If you need a precision weapon that synergizes with a Tesla Saber, you could just get a Gungnir.))

Anton, having no further insights on the upcoming defense mission, decides to keep tinkering.

Open the file for the Heavy Weapons variant of the Modular Suit.

See how large and heavy the shoulder-mounted weapon pods can be without encumbering the suit's user. Take into account the need for those weapons to be able to fold over onto the back.

Take a cutting laser, and a cluster of laser rifles. See if it's more feasible to cut a cutting laser down in size and mass, or to make a synchronized array of standard laser rifles have significantly high power, with the size and mass restrictions posed by shoulder pods in mind. And which approach will give a more powerful weapon.

((Basically I want to try and make a decent default weapon for the Heavy Weapons suit's shoulder pods. I'll try with Gauss Rifles and other weapons later as well.))
NOPE NOPE NOPE.

This is an intervention.

I want to get this party started sometime this century.

No more tinker till this mission is over. Then you can design whatever your little engineer hearts desire.

((Hey guys, if I ever happen to get suddenly banned from the forums, the most likely thing is that I was using a racial slur common in the hip-hop world that has been deemed "derogatory" on here.))
But TCM, how can they get mad at you? You're black! Just like I'm a hot asian woman.

"Very well."

accept trigger.

You take Morul's life in your hands.

Check the price of smoke bombs that could be used to provide cover or blind enemies, but allow me to see with my battlesuit's cameyes. ((Sods won't shoot what they can't see. I on the other hand have cameyes that can see through smoke.))
(remember, sods aren't smart but they're well trained.)

"Just normal smoke bombs? Probably like 5 for a token. Such things are cheap."

TEAM LEADERS!

Get your men organized and ready to go. We're landing (Or I'm doing the necessary "time skip" sort stuff) in just a few turns, faster if you can get ready quicker. Lets get to murdering!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17749 on: September 14, 2013, 12:20:03 pm »

Charles inquires about the prototyping status of his former weapon. Namely whether neutralizing too people chasing him without having to look back and starting an inferno in the hallway would be considered a successful test.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17750 on: September 14, 2013, 12:23:22 pm »

(I'll use the 5 from the trade in and the rest from the budget. That leaves me with three and the budget with fifteen.)

After getting the decompensator replaced, Jim gathered up his team. "OK, we have fifteen tokens left. Does anyone need anything?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17751 on: September 14, 2013, 12:27:16 pm »

"So, wait, Steve, what do I do anyway?"

inquire what my job is. get ready for murderin'

((Because I'm kinda confused now. I'm part of Milno's team, but I don't really know what I'm supposed to actually do.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17752 on: September 14, 2013, 12:29:04 pm »

"Hey, genocidal superbuddy! Try this!"

Hand hair metal pill to Xan. Then dance along to the armory, ask for some machine lubricant if I can get some for free. And some extra spoons, preferably made of metal. And a permanent magnet.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:44:11 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17753 on: September 14, 2013, 12:39:01 pm »

"Right, defence team, how do you best suggest we organise ourselves. We also need a second in command."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #17754 on: September 14, 2013, 01:07:14 pm »

"I think I'm good."

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #17755 on: September 14, 2013, 01:20:29 pm »

((Gorat's life, not Morul's life.))

"Thanks. A second in command? Tough. I don't really know most of the people on the team. Certainly not May. Probably not Stacy, something seems to have gone wrong with him somewhere. Maybe Feyri?"

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17756 on: September 14, 2013, 01:30:20 pm »

((Aw come on, PW. Anton's a technician, and he's run out of workable resources and funds. Tinker is his only way to pass the time!

Also, you should update his entry in your "men" listing. I can't even fathom the logistics of him having both the electrolaser, the laser rifle, and the Saber, at the same time still having three tokens.

The Gungnir-S is in Auron's possession btw, just in case the act of passing it off was missed.))

Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17757 on: September 14, 2013, 01:35:22 pm »

"Right, that's probably best for this mission. I'll check back after for more options where Steve isn't available."

Get 3 spare cables for connecting my wrist computer to the base computers. Also, refill all my magazines and batteries, then get ready to leave.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17758 on: September 14, 2013, 01:40:40 pm »

Lars shrugs.  "I believe I will buy myself a MkIII suit, so that I can keep up should we need speed."

Sell MkII (I hope full price, since it's undamaged) and buy MkIII from personal funds.  See if the civvie body armor will go over the MkIII, or can be modified to do so.  Inscribe chest of new suit with the White Circle of Algis.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17759 on: September 14, 2013, 01:43:42 pm »

"Feyri, do you want to be out teams second in command?"
Pages: 1 ... 1182 1183 [1184] 1185 1186 ... 2101