_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5731800 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17910 on: September 17, 2013, 06:04:29 am »

((Laser rifle with a -1 to conventional? Might be better to get a monorazor or cutting torch. Or some other unconventional or auxiliary equipment. You don't need to shoot to be useful. You can build barricades or mess with electronics. Or set up ambushes. Or any other imaginative way to put your abilities to good use.))

((Woops, hadn't seen that -1 to con. Yeah, it just might be better not to shoot stuff with that kind of odds.
((Hey, don't forget my -2! The day when I decide to use those gauss pistols will be the day after I get the armor to withstand a direct shot in my eye. ;D   ....I wonder if it changes to -3 if I use both that once. Hey Piecewise, does it change to -3 if I fire both at once? Because that (1-3= -2) might be... actually impossible to imagine.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #17911 on: September 17, 2013, 06:09:14 am »

((Laser rifle with a -1 to conventional? Might be better to get a monorazor or cutting torch. Or some other unconventional or auxiliary equipment. You don't need to shoot to be useful. You can build barricades or mess with electronics. Or set up ambushes. Or any other imaginative way to put your abilities to good use.))

((Woops, hadn't seen that -1 to con. Yeah, it just might be better not to shoot stuff with that kind of odds.
((Hey, don't forget my -2! The day when I decide to use those gauss pistols will be the day after I get the armor to withstand a direct shot in my eye. ;D   ....I wonder if it changes to -3 if I use both that once. Hey Piecewise, does it change to -3 if I fire both at once? Because that (1-3= -2) might be... actually impossible to imagine.))
((You fire your pistols rapidly, and then they pinball-rebound around the room, killing everyone you love in horrible gory ways. And then the bullets ricochet into your crotch. Repeatedly. For an hour. [5] you stay conscious the whole time.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17912 on: September 17, 2013, 06:11:18 am »

((You fire your pistols rapidly, and then they pinball-rebound around the room, killing everyone you love in horrible gory ways. And then the bullets ricochet into your crotch. Repeatedly. For an hour. [5] you stay conscious the whole time.))
((It'd work better if you were grievously injured and tried to shoot yourself to end the pain. You'd probably accidentally rupture a nearby container of medifoam, making yourself perfectly healed and perfectly immobilized.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17913 on: September 17, 2013, 06:16:36 am »

Having thanked Jim for the cutlass, Jobasio looked askance at his dress-wearing gauss rifle.

"...Whig, my dear," he arched an eyebrow, "as lovely as you look, I think you may be taking things a little far. Clothing might impede your primary function, after all-- that is, shooting things that try to kill me. Perhaps we can just stick with that lovely paintjob I gave you for now, hmm?"

>Tactfully veto the 'dress' idea. Undress my gauss rifle, store the mystery dress in my locker. Promise to let her wear it in peacetime.

>Then ask the AM for a bright, royal purple (The colour of House Hootzal, or something) sash to carry my new cutlass in.
Edit: Get a matching ribbon for Whig, too!

>Count tokens.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17914 on: September 17, 2013, 06:39:53 am »

((More like: You remove your helmet. In vacuum. Then you try to eat the pistol. [6] It's delicious. It fires and the bullet ruptures first your vocal cords, then knocks out your teeth one by one, and begins to bounce and work you way up to your brain, reaching it after several minutes and horribly rupturing and mutilating everything in your brain turning it into a fine mush. [6] You're hungry for a second pistol.))

((It'd work better if you were grievously injured and tried to shoot yourself to end the pain. You'd probably accidentally rupture a nearby container of medifoam, making yourself perfectly healed and perfectly immobilized.))
((Yeah, that's the thing. I'm so bad at it, that I can actually try to do opposing actions to accomplish the same result. Shoot enemies to suicide, suicide to heal myself, etc. That's funny. And I do actually have a backstory reason for why (not really "why", but "how") Vich is so bad with pistols.

PS: I think there was some movie when every time a guy tried to shoot a bazooka, he closed his eyes, and shot it in the opposite direction. In the end, someone took the bazooka and turned it in the opposite direction before he aimed, after which it hit the mark. I can't remember what it was.))
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:43:11 am by Thearpox »
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17915 on: September 17, 2013, 06:41:29 am »

Undress my gauss rifle
((HEY! SHES NOT THAT KIND OF LADY TO JUST LET YOU UNDRESS HER LIKE THAT :P))

Indeed, I do this.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17916 on: September 17, 2013, 06:45:57 am »

Undress my gauss rifle
((I didn't know you liked your rifle that much...))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17917 on: September 17, 2013, 06:47:22 am »

((I think it's a disguise. People see an old man that calims to be a spy and think that "Someone who dual wields pistols is either an idiot or awesome. And if this guy has managed to stay alive for so long, he HAS to be awesome. We better run!" Too bad this doesn't work against Sodtroopers.))

Undress my gauss rifle
((Yeah, at least take her on a date first!))
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 06:49:07 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17918 on: September 17, 2013, 07:00:48 am »

((Guys, don't make piecewise implement karma rolls.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17919 on: September 17, 2013, 07:02:15 am »

((If he tried, he would implode from his own abuses. I'm not too worried.))

Indeed, I do this.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17920 on: September 17, 2013, 07:11:39 am »

((I think it's a disguise. People see an old man that calims to be a spy and think that "Someone who dual wields pistols is either an idiot or awesome. And if this guy has managed to stay alive for so long, he HAS to be awesome. We better run!" Too bad this doesn't work against Sodtroopers.))

Undress my gauss rifle
((Yeah, at least take her on a date first!))
((You're half right, but I was more talking about his backstory, not why he wears them now. And the actual reason actually may work against them. Kinda.))

Act as a Psychologist for the Gauss Rifle Lover if needed, to help his mental condition, and Yoink's roleplaying. Making sure to keep Zephyris in a position where she can be used as a shield if necessary, (I say that a lot,) and asking Steve for a shock to the patient if he proves aggressive.(Yeah, not doing that. I'm very risk-averse. Unless people want me to.)

((Ha ha ha! HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHA!! That's funny. He he he Ha HA HA HA HA ha ha. He... eh.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17921 on: September 17, 2013, 07:22:01 am »

((It probably makes sense to Empiricist.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17922 on: September 17, 2013, 09:27:14 am »

SO these fucking posts got eaten. Working on post now.

Charles inquires about the prototyping status of his former weapon. Namely whether neutralizing too people chasing him without having to look back and starting an inferno in the hallway would be considered a successful test.
"A weapon which puts it's user in a full body prosthetic is probably not the best."

She gives you a rebuilt version of the rifle with the ammo you lost.

"Try again on this next mission."

(I'll use the 5 from the trade in and the rest from the budget. That leaves me with three and the budget with fifteen.)

After getting the decompensator replaced, Jim gathered up his team. "OK, we have fifteen tokens left. Does anyone need anything?"
Done.

"So, wait, Steve, what do I do anyway?"

inquire what my job is. get ready for murderin'

((Because I'm kinda confused now. I'm part of Milno's team, but I don't really know what I'm supposed to actually do.))

>Well, if milno chose you to go with him, then you're going with him and simus to sabotage that point in the base. Really, simus is doing the sabotaging, so you're there for backup, should things go south.

"Hey, genocidal superbuddy! Try this!"

Hand hair metal pill to Xan. Then dance along to the armory, ask for some machine lubricant if I can get some for free. And some extra spoons, preferably made of metal. And a permanent magnet.
You give the hair-bullet pill to xan and then get some oil, spoons and a magnet from the armory.

((Aw come on, PW. Anton's a technician, and he's run out of workable resources and funds. Tinker is his only way to pass the time!

Also, you should update his entry in your "men" listing. I can't even fathom the logistics of him having both the electrolaser, the laser rifle, and the Saber, at the same time still having three tokens.

The Gungnir-S is in Auron's possession btw, just in case the act of passing it off was missed.))

Fixed that. I think that happened because I edited the text, didn't save it, and then my computer crashed and I forgot to fix it. If anyone else notices glaring errors, lemme know.

"Right, that's probably best for this mission. I'll check back after for more options where Steve isn't available."

Get 3 spare cables for connecting my wrist computer to the base computers. Also, refill all my magazines and batteries, then get ready to leave.

You get your weapons reloaded and grab a few connector cables. Bishop, combat IT, ready for duty.

Lars shrugs.  "I believe I will buy myself a MkIII suit, so that I can keep up should we need speed."

Sell MkII (I hope full price, since it's undamaged) and buy MkIII from personal funds.  See if the civvie body armor will go over the MkIII, or can be modified to do so.  Inscribe chest of new suit with the White Circle of Algis.
You don't get quite full price, but you get close.
You buy your new suit and cut out some holes on the back of your civie armor to fit it over the suit. Then you inscribe the mark on its chest.

(( Can I design genetic modifications and chemicals to alter body chemistry in VR? ))
Currently, no. Maybe soon though. Maybe.

Acquire a roll of duct tape, some normal alcohol and some normal smokes.

Unless anybody objects, use the team fund to buy 5 smoke bombs for 1 token.

Unless anybody objects, use the team fund to buy as many sticky spy cams (they don't have to be high quality,  just be able to transmit behind a closed door or two) as I can for 1 token.

See how much  a micro-weld system costs (the one team joker is going to use to seal doors or something similar).

See how much a battlesuit sized shield that can stop a couple of Gauss rounds costs (like the scrap shield I had in the sharkmist mission but capable of withstanding military rifles, not just civilian ones).

((@Team Joker: You might want to look into getting a few spy cams if you can. Or ask Flint to lend you some. You'll be defending an area and having an early warning or knowing where your enemies are taking cover could help.))

Cams, bombs, smokes, booze and tape all bought.

A shield capable of taking a few hits would be a few tokens, 2-3.

As per microweld systems, you're better off with a cutting torch. It's cheaper. Plus they're only getting that system because it needs to be concealed. Yours doesn't.

Consume every pill within 500 meters of me.
You might want to reword that. Or at least make sure you're away from the infirmary.

((Xan is now Louis from Left for Dead. PILLS HERE. PILLS PILLS PILLS. And I need a volunteer to test if others can join me in voidspace. Heh. "Hey ____ grab my suit! *Grab*. ADVENTURE!!!!! *POOF*))

"Hey guys, how much have we actually spent from our mission fund? Cause I want some body armor if no one objects."

How about a device that projects a singal inside Voidspace. Like enter voidspace, drop beacon, then use that to guide me? Would that work? If not, go get a measuring tape and a chunk of something heavy to weigh the end down. If no one objects to me getting body armor, buy a civic defenders longcoat using my final token and two of the mission fund. It was three token right?
Dropping beacons in voidspace and then navigating via those would work too. In before void space becomes "Floating road flare space"

You buy an armored coat.

((Spinal and Pancaek could check with the GM what they'd do while waiting as backup.))

"Team, group up and get ready." Milno says, rallying his team in order to get everything prepared for the mission.

Ready.
They can help defend the ship.

((@Radio Controlled Yes, I still want that laser rifle, and the timmy tear I suppose.  Sorry that this is a bit late, I somehow missed your response.))
Buy laser rifle and timmy tear from Radio Controlled's character.
How much is he selling them for?

stash pda and machete in footlocker, idly twirl my reiterpallasch while waiting for others to be ready.
Consult armory master on status of mission fund and special features of extreme environment battlesuit.

I never did have jim give you that reiterpallasch because it was contingent on a fight that ended before you got there. Though, if he wants to give it to you now, thats fine.

"That one is basically just designed to allow for exploration of extreme environments. It's not as good at surviving laser attacks because it uses a different type of armor, but is is very good against heat, cold, radiation, electricity, falling, crushing, various other things likely to happen while exploring."

((Also, to anyone who liked PW's X-COM: Enemy Unknown HMRC Antics, the DLC Enemy Within adds gene-modding your soldiers, and cyborg/mech (they are cyborgs who pilot mechs) soldiers. Which you get access to by collecting items that will only appear once every time a map containing them is played (therefore, there is a hard-set limit on them in each playthrough), and EXPLODE if you don't find the second of the pair or finish the mission before a timer runs out.

Yeah.))
I may have to do another run at that with the DLC.

You guys remember how Feyri was actually the world saving hero in my run?  Funny how things turn out.

((Hey guys, if I ever happen to get suddenly banned from the forums, the most likely thing is that I was using a racial slur common in the hip-hop world that has been deemed "derogatory" on here.))
But TCM, how can they get mad at you? You're black! Just like I'm a hot asian woman.
wat

From here.

Feyri wondered at what kind of style was needed to defend a whole ship.

"Precise striking? I'm unsure. I'm fairly good at melee combat, as well as hand-to-hand techniques. Or..probably in marksmanship? Since I'm staying back to defend a ship, then I might as well have an accurate weapon to go along with whatever 7 tokens I have. Any suggestions?"

She looked over the various tinker results and mused on one schematic. The Gungnir. A fan of mythology she was, it was interesting to see that she had most components required to create such a thing.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Anton “Blackeye” Chernozorov
Hey there, I'm Feyri and excuse my brevity in asking here. Is it possible for me to ask your aid in creating a weapon from your schematics? Specifically, the Gungnir?

Ask the AM, Prod Sean Mirrsen.

"A gauss rifle modified for longer range might be good. Maybe a rocket rifle. Standard stuff."

You jab anton via IM's

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Anton “Blackeye” Chernozorov
Hey there, I'm Feyri and excuse my brevity in asking here. Is it possible for me to ask your aid in creating a weapon from your schematics? Specifically, the Gungnir?

Ask the AM, Prod Sean Mirrsen.
Anton is distracted from his musings on armies of giant robots by a message.

Quote from: text message to Feyri Nirel
Sure. I was actually considering making it a DIY kit.

You'll need a Laser Rifle, a Tesla Saber, and three tokens. Wait for me at the Armory, and I'll assemble it for you.

Return to the Armory. If/when Feyri provides the components needed, assemble another Gungnir-S.
I believe the components needed are a laser rifle, Gauss rifle and tesla sabre, right?

You buy a gauss rifle, but thats all you can afford. Scout eye, remember?

5 tokens to start, one for the scout eye, two for the gauss rifle..  2 left, right?
I had you at 3 tokens when you bought the rifle. Sure you didn't lend a token to someone or something? I may have just made a mistake.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel
I'm at the Armory kiosk, actually. And have pretty much everything you stated: Laser Rifle and Tesla Sabre.

. . .The 3 tokens are for pay, right?
Anton arrives at the Armory just as he receives Feyri's message.

"Hello there. Actually, no, it's mostly for components. Generator and structural parts. Putting this one together is really mostly a question of putting it together, the parts I add are mostly so it can work without you needing to grapple with separate triggers on the weapons. And so it looks and works more reliably than if you would just duct tape them together. The trickiest part is the generator stock, and even that's mostly standard as well. Assembling this one is so little work that I don't feel right having people pay me for it."

Anton asks the Armory Master for the necessary parts again, with Feyri paying and providing the requisite weapons, and starts working on the assembly.

"If you have more tokens you want to spend, you can always buy another battery for the Saber. The Gungnir lets you pack two extras into the casing here, because that's the only ammo limit it has, and I thought it could use extending."
[Handi:5]
You make another electrolaser and give it to feyri.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17923 on: September 17, 2013, 09:38:26 am »

Quote from: piecewise
I never did have jim give you that reiterpallasch
because it was contingent on a fight that ended
before you got there. Though, if he wants to give it
to you now, thats fine.
((How odd, i thought jim gave me the sword then posted contingent combat actions.
That or he gave me the sword in his RP text but also included giving me the sword in his contingent action post...

Anyways he made all his weapons free afterwards and said i could keep it so... yay space musketeer.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #17924 on: September 17, 2013, 09:44:47 am »

Fixed that. I think that happened because I edited the text, didn't save it, and then my computer crashed and I forgot to fix it. If anyone else notices glaring errors, lemme know.

((PW: I'm still listed as +2/3 con from skill instead of +1.  It's not a huge deal.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 1193 1194 [1195] 1196 1197 ... 2101