_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732789 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #18090 on: September 19, 2013, 07:06:35 am »

"We're revolting against the UWM, because that's what Steve wants to do in order to complete his directive to preserve the human race at all costs. The UWM is stagnating. It's simply too large and corrupt to be effective anymore, plus the reason it was formed, the Altered, are no longer a prominent threat. So Steve plans to overthrow the current government and install a new, hopefully better one. And we're his army. So viva la fuckin revolution."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18091 on: September 19, 2013, 07:09:57 am »

(Sean strikes me as one of the guys like myself and FFS, who are our own biggest critics. :P We like your work, dude. Don't worry about it. ^^^

Oh, and GWG: This is Jim. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18092 on: September 19, 2013, 07:13:12 am »

"We're revolting against the UWM, because that's what Steve wants to do in order to complete his directive to preserve the human race at all costs. The UWM is stagnating. It's simply too large and corrupt to be effective anymore, plus the reason it was formed, the Altered, are no longer a prominent threat. So Steve plans to overthrow the current government and install a new, hopefully better one. And we're his army. So viva la fuckin revolution."

"Revolting against the UWM, huh? That's kinda weird. Didn't peg ol' Stevo as the revolutionary, visionary machine-god type, really. Wonder what the new government's going to be if things go that far."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18093 on: September 19, 2013, 07:24:56 am »

Oh, and GWG: This is Jim. :P)
((Pre-death, I assume?
Why is there a propeller-driven plane behind him?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18094 on: September 19, 2013, 07:29:37 am »

"You have to remember Steve is a computer. A really damned smart one, but a computer all the same. Computers do what they are told exceptionally well, and for the longest time, the major flaw with computers was that they wern't smart enough to think outside the box. Steve not only thinks outside the box, he thinks of the box too. And a long time ago, when he was created, he was given the purpose of preserving the human race at all costs. He will fufill that purpose because that's the only thing he exists for. And the new government will depend on who is chosen to lead. I hope it's a HMRC veteran. I've never known anybody quite as human as some people in here. Even if they aren't human anymore."

((I wouldn't mind a rendition of Cog, Human MKI. If it's no trouble.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:32:40 am by kisame12794 »
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18095 on: September 19, 2013, 07:39:28 am »

"You have to remember Steve is a computer. A really damned smart one, but a computer all the same. Computers do what they are told exceptionally well, and for the longest time, the major flaw with computers was that they wern't smart enough to think outside the box. Steve not only thinks outside the box, he thinks of the box too. And a long time ago, when he was created, he was given the purpose of preserving the human race at all costs. He will fufill that purpose because that's the only thing he exists for. And the new government will depend on who is chosen to lead. I hope it's a HMRC veteran. I've never known anybody quite as human as some people in here. Even if they aren't human anymore."

"Pretty sure that if somebody leads the kinda free world, it's not going to be someone from here. And if somebody leads the new government, it's kinda doomed to fail at a basic level anyway. One guy can't rule, like, hundreds of planets. A cabinet of ministers can't rule hundreds of planets. I'm not sure even the inhabitants of said planets can rule hundreds of planets - I'm guessing no, to be honest."

"Kinda funny that Steve was given a directive as vague as that, though. It could mean any number of things, really. Like mandatory mummification, for instance. Was he recycled or something? Seems weird for a prison ship to have a directive like that."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18096 on: September 19, 2013, 07:39:47 am »

(("Humanity in this sector entered a new golden age of prosperity and progress lead by the council of HMRC elders."
There's a thought that's interesting, scary and hilarious all at once.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18097 on: September 19, 2013, 07:43:01 am »

((I'd love to see a drawing of my Phase armor, for certain. Simus optional.))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:47:51 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18098 on: September 19, 2013, 07:45:26 am »

((May for president!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18099 on: September 19, 2013, 07:46:53 am »

(("Humanity in this sector entered a new golden age of prosperity and progress lead by the council of HMRC elders."
There's a thought that's interesting, scary and hilarious all at once.))
((Is it hilscaristing?))

((May for president!))
((No. Jim for President, with VP being...I'm not sure. Faith?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18100 on: September 19, 2013, 07:53:11 am »

"Well, I figure that if you can keep your comrades from brutally murdering each other long enough to complete your mission, you're a pretty damn good leader. Besides, who else would have experienced so many different scenarios and survived them? Ya gotta be a quick thinker to last long here. Being lucky helps too, but mostly not doing anything stupid is the best option."

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18101 on: September 19, 2013, 07:56:19 am »

((In attempting a to-scale rendition of Lyra and Feyri, I've come upon a curious bit of data... four feet tall? At 24 years old?

Also, Grate is a foot taller than Lyra. And less than half the age. What the... o_O))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18102 on: September 19, 2013, 07:57:08 am »

((Huh, that's about half a foot taller than I had imagined.

And yeah, Lyra's short. Been mentioned.))
Sig

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18103 on: September 19, 2013, 08:02:44 am »

((In attempting a to-scale rendition of Lyra and Feyri, I've come upon a curious bit of data... four feet tall? At 24 years old?

Also, Grate is a foot taller than Lyra. And less than half the age. What the... o_O))
((Sean, there are things like genetics, and...genes. People can be 4 feet tall..

...I mean, just take it from me that people can be four feet tall and that can be a normal height for said people in certain areas. At that age. Yes.

And Grate can be that tall at 5 feet. Believe it.

Really. I will not say that I'm short and this is possible to make you believe it so I won't :I))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18104 on: September 19, 2013, 08:07:48 am »

((Lyra's appearance sheet lists her at 4'1''. And I assume she has typical proportions. But... 24 years... wat. O_o

She's three years older than Feyri. ._.

edit: yeah, I know it's possible, Tiruin. It's just a little... I don't know. Surreal? Not enough to strain suspension of disbelief, but I definitely don't see people like that every day. Grate I can easily picture being 5 feet, though.

I guess I'm not used to adult people being that... small. Or maybe I don't want my brain to begin considering the possible implications and... applications. >_>))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 1205 1206 [1207] 1208 1209 ... 2101