_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686306 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #18120 on: September 19, 2013, 09:48:23 am »

I guess I'm not used to adult people being that... small. Or maybe I don't want my brain to begin considering the possible implications and... applications. >_>))
((Sean, explain what you mean. Unless you meant...the first thing my mind jumped to.))
((Like I said, it's best if my mind - or neither of our minds - go in that direction. Because seriously.
((By mentioning that direction, you put the general idea into my mind. Thankfully, I can stop myself from going into details, but...argh!))

Also, I hope nobody minds if everyone but Grate are in the picture sans armor/suit. Because all MkIs look the same. Not to mention all synthoid frames looking pretty much the same as well.))
((Why would Grate be in his suit?))

"We're starting already?" ((I'm glad I've been keeping tabs on the other threads, I won't have as much to catch up on.))
Trail Feyri. If I got the laser rifle, shoot at anyone shooting at us. ((Which reminds me, did plan "Give the child a deadly weapon" get implemented?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Remember the Alamo.
« Reply #18121 on: September 19, 2013, 10:02:25 am »

"I'm guessing they named it that because it keeps with the whole deck of cards team. So the joker card, being kind of a wild card, went well with the whole black ops thing Milno's got going...I think. Maybe?"

"Ah, a card motif? I suppose it is better than calling teams Red, Green and Blue, not to mention the even more droll Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Tau and whatever else, if only by a smidgen. They should let someone else name teams, though. Like that priest guy, he seemed like he'd be great for that. Something more imaginative, you know. Card motifs always make me think of glorified mooks, which, while distressingly accurate in our case, is still not an identifier one would wish to have, yes?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18122 on: September 19, 2013, 10:07:25 am »

I guess I'm not used to adult people being that... small. Or maybe I don't want my brain to begin considering the possible implications and... applications. >_>))
((Sean, explain what you mean. Unless you meant...the first thing my mind jumped to.))
((Like I said, it's best if my mind - or neither of our minds - go in that direction. Because seriously.
((By mentioning that direction, you put the general idea into my mind. Thankfully, I can stop myself from going into details, but...argh!))
((I'll never get you men.))

"We're starting already?"
It took about 1.41 seconds for Feyri to parse that idea.

"Yes, Grate. We're readying up. Now this may be your first time in battle and I want you to do three things:
1. Don't panic.
2. Get in your MKI suit. It's protective and will save your life.
3. Follow orders, or stay with someone you know you'll be safe with. We're contending with high-risk characters and I don't want people dying--yes, death is something we're facing here, and I-.."

This is no place for a child.
Never.

"What do you have on you, Grate? Equipment, and what do you know to use?"
Quote from: Feyri Nirel > STEVE
Is there anything Grate can do that isn't in the line of fire? Perhaps something like aiding the use of the Sword's Gauss cannons or anything?

INQUIRE > STEVE WHILE GETTING READY

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18123 on: September 19, 2013, 10:08:34 am »

((I was kinda assuming that we were all already in our suits, seeing as how we were to be battle ready))
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18124 on: September 19, 2013, 10:17:21 am »

((I heard someone say that all actions men take are to further one of four goals:  To eat, to sleep, to have sex, or to poop.  I'd say that's rather accurate.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18125 on: September 19, 2013, 10:19:43 am »

((I..err, meant that in regard to the two of them :/ Not as a generality or stuff like that. SOmething like a playful woe or such.

...And no that's not xD))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18126 on: September 19, 2013, 10:24:35 am »

T. gives a happy Whoop" and begins setting up his explosive booby-trap at the hangar door. (1/8kt ch remote)

(For specifics, I guess I'm going to follow the path of devestation left by the assault team across the gangway and set up the explosive on the doorway at the end.

First preference is to place, or throw, or hoist it onto the frame above the doorway. Bringing things down on people is so much more preferable to bringing things down under them, especially if friendlies are coming back across said gangplank.

However, if I can't reach/throw/hoist that high, I'll just place it on the outside of the center of the door at face level.

Either way, I'll close and lock the door. Stops civilians getting in the crossfire, gives some warning if the ship is getting attacked, and shouldn't slow down any members of the assault or joker teams.
Plus, and this is likely the only reason T. Is thinking of, it'll give a better environment for the boom.

And then scurry back to the defensive line.)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 10:52:38 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18127 on: September 19, 2013, 10:28:28 am »

Oh, and GWG: This is Jim. :P)
((Pre-death, I assume?
Why is there a propeller-driven plane behind him?))

(Yeah. As for the plane, I dunno. I didn't draw the picture. :P I've explained this before - part of it in-character - but I guess you didn't read that. The character in the picture is Jordan James Kelly, who Jim is a clone of - or rather, of the 26 clones in his generation, he's the one who is more-or-less completely identical, with the rest having some alterations. He's basically the 'control group' of generation 3. Jordan was a colonist in another game who basically had a ton of useful psychic powers for survival, such as mending wounds, creating/controlling water, shaping the earth, and causing plant life to grow. He was pretty crap at fighting, though. :P

@Short Tir: ...Are you less than five feet tall? XD You seem a little defensive about it, is all. I'm only like 5'10 myself, so I could stand to be a little taller. :\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18128 on: September 19, 2013, 10:29:01 am »

((And in return we will never understand you.))

((I heard someone say that all actions men take are to further one of four goals:  To eat, to sleep, to have sex, or to poop.  I'd say that's rather accurate.))
((For the record, I do not fit that pattern. But then, there are many patterns I don't fit.))

((I..err, meant that in regard to the two of them :/ Not as a generality or stuff like that. SOmething like a playful woe or such.
...And no that's not xD))
((To elaborate on my above point to you: I have no idea what you are talking about right now.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18129 on: September 19, 2013, 10:29:23 am »

Also, I hope nobody minds if everyone but Grate are in the picture sans armor/suit. Because all MkIs look the same. Not to mention all synthoid frames looking pretty much the same as well.))
((Because Lyra does have mention of clothing in her appearance description, and Feyri technically doesn't need to concern herself with clothing. Unlike Grate, on both counts.

Plus I kinda want to try drawing a MkI design.

Speaking of, sketchity sketch:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kinda... looks like synthflesh, I guess, but eh.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18130 on: September 19, 2013, 10:30:39 am »

::thumbsup::
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18131 on: September 19, 2013, 10:33:25 am »

((Because Lyra does have mention of clothing in her appearance description, and Feyri technically doesn't need to concern herself with clothing. Unlike Grate, on both counts.
Plus I kinda want to try drawing a MkI design.
((Two excellent points. Although since everyone enters the Sword naked, wouldn't Grate's civilian clothes be dependent not on his choices but on what Steve supplied him with?))

Speaking of, sketchity sketch:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kinda... looks like synthflesh, I guess, but eh.))
((Looks good to me.))

@Short Tir: ...Are you less than five feet tall? XD You seem a little defensive about it, is all. I'm only like 5'10 myself, so I could stand to be a little taller. :\)
((Incidentally, I looked this up...depending on where you live, you might well be exactly at the median height.))
Sig

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18132 on: September 19, 2013, 10:34:00 am »

Put the new sword in the sheath. Go to the Gangway. Stay in a hidden position, ready to go out when enemies start attacking. Prepare to defend the sword. Get ready to enter bullet-time mode.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18133 on: September 19, 2013, 10:34:38 am »

(That's cute. ^^^

@GWG: Don't care. Want moar height. :C People like Powder Miner, Unholy_Pariah, and Draignean all make me jealous.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18134 on: September 19, 2013, 10:35:15 am »

((That's awesome. Maudlin awesome.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 1207 1208 [1209] 1210 1211 ... 2101