_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1210 1211 [1212] 1213 1214 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5732581 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Remember the Alamo.
« Reply #18165 on: September 19, 2013, 01:58:49 pm »

"Time to go!"

Rush with the assault team, and stop halfway across the gangplank and provide covering fire for them.

((The further we rush up is more distance we have available to fall back if needed.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18166 on: September 19, 2013, 02:13:20 pm »

I envy all you tall people. This is a warning. :I :I))
((im six foot four, please don't hate me.))
((Most of my internet buddies are ~6ft.
If I did that, I'd be hatin' y'all.))

"Alright lads and lasses, to arms! Defend the Sword!"

Quote from: ??? (ANNOUNCEMENT)
Rally at the location given.

Feyri looked at Grate and Lyra, and realized they were quite ok here.

Err..take up position on the gangway. Examine surroundings--where are we?
You're  on Hephaestus. It's a semi-mars like planet used mainly for production of various war time goods, armor, weapons, etc. Particularly you're  coming out of a rather massive spaceship onto a gangway that connects the ship to a large support structure, and then that support structure to the UWM Headquarters on the planet. Even more particularly, you're on a long metal gangway, about 30 feet wide and probably 200 yards long, littered with large metal crates, about twice your height. There are many civilian workers around, dressed in overalls pushing the crates on hover trolleys.

I suggest you read all the posts in my reply posts, if you don't already.

"I'd really prefer if the assault team cleared the way first..."

If the whole team goes forward, follow them onto the gangway and seek cover. Examine the surroundings, analyze our situation.

You run out of the hanger and take up position behind one of the large metal crates on the gangway. The workers don't seem to be panicking for the moment, though probably only because they don't understand whats going on yet. They're looking around at the HMRC men in dull confusion.  The Sods at the very very end of the gangway haven't moved an inch.

"Well, I figure that if you can keep your comrades from brutally murdering each other long enough to complete your mission, you're a pretty damn good leader. Besides, who else would have experienced so many different scenarios and survived them? Ya gotta be a quick thinker to last long here. Being lucky helps too, but mostly not doing anything stupid is the best option."

"The government isn't the military, buddy, no matter how much the two might occasionally overlap. I mean, sure, on the surface they're similar, but in the government, the people are way stupider and there's way more of them. Too many to disapprovingly snark at or discipline via busting heads, certainly."

Stacy rises from the couch in a belly-dancing sort of motion.

"What kind of name is 'Joker Team', anyway?"

Relax and dance in a tranquil fashion for exactly two minutes, then move out, making sure that I haven't forgotten any of my possessions. Await glorious, glorious pill!

>Better then "That card in the back of the box with the rules for how to play old maid written on it" team.

(I have no idea the pill you're speaking of. Press refresh on my brain, please.)

You wait a few minutes and then join the assembling team behind the crates, just outside the hanger.
"Don't be dissin' my team's name, buttle. Anyway, time to get murderin"

"Murdering time, it's murdering time, oh the joy, I hope they attack soon"

Grab one of them free MKI's if possible, couldn't hurt. Get to the gangway, find a place where I'm in relative cover but can still see the entire area

You cop a squat next to Sean behind a metal crate, resting one shoulder on the metal and idly wondering how your team is doing.

Ok, I am going to place these spy cams outside the door, so we can target our "space magic"

Astra attempts to slyly place spycams near the outside door to the inner gangway, then falls back towards the ship
You stick your cams up on the connection point where the inner gangway- which runs from ship to support cage- connects to the outer one, which runs from cage to Base. That done, you run and hide back inside.

I guess I'm not used to adult people being that... small. Or maybe I don't want my brain to begin considering the possible implications and... applications. >_>))
((Sean, explain what you mean. Unless you meant...the first thing my mind jumped to.))
((Like I said, it's best if my mind - or neither of our minds - go in that direction. Because seriously.
((By mentioning that direction, you put the general idea into my mind. Thankfully, I can stop myself from going into details, but...argh!))

Also, I hope nobody minds if everyone but Grate are in the picture sans armor/suit. Because all MkIs look the same. Not to mention all synthoid frames looking pretty much the same as well.))
((Why would Grate be in his suit?))

"We're starting already?" ((I'm glad I've been keeping tabs on the other threads, I won't have as much to catch up on.))
Trail Feyri. If I got the laser rifle, shoot at anyone shooting at us. ((Which reminds me, did plan "Give the child a deadly weapon" get implemented?))

You follow feyri. She seems a bit perplexed as to whats going on.

I guess I'm not used to adult people being that... small. Or maybe I don't want my brain to begin considering the possible implications and... applications. >_>))
((Sean, explain what you mean. Unless you meant...the first thing my mind jumped to.))
((Like I said, it's best if my mind - or neither of our minds - go in that direction. Because seriously.
((By mentioning that direction, you put the general idea into my mind. Thankfully, I can stop myself from going into details, but...argh!))
((I'll never get you men.))

"We're starting already?"
It took about 1.41 seconds for Feyri to parse that idea.

"Yes, Grate. We're readying up. Now this may be your first time in battle and I want you to do three things:
1. Don't panic.
2. Get in your MKI suit. It's protective and will save your life.
3. Follow orders, or stay with someone you know you'll be safe with. We're contending with high-risk characters and I don't want people dying--yes, death is something we're facing here, and I-.."

This is no place for a child.
Never.

"What do you have on you, Grate? Equipment, and what do you know to use?"
Quote from: Feyri Nirel > STEVE
Is there anything Grate can do that isn't in the line of fire? Perhaps something like aiding the use of the Sword's Gauss cannons or anything?

INQUIRE > STEVE WHILE GETTING READY

>Nothing official. If you want you could ask him to drag injured teammates back to the infirmary. Or you could just stand in front of him and take the shots for him. Don't coddle the boy, he's gotta learn how to take a bullet just like everyone else his age.

T. gives a happy Whoop" and begins setting up his explosive booby-trap at the hangar door. (1/8kt ch remote)

(For specifics, I guess I'm going to follow the path of devestation left by the assault team across the gangway and set up the explosive on the doorway at the end.

First preference is to place, or throw, or hoist it onto the frame above the doorway. Bringing things down on people is so much more preferable to bringing things down under them, especially if friendlies are coming back across said gangplank.

However, if I can't reach/throw/hoist that high, I'll just place it on the outside of the center of the door at face level.

Either way, I'll close and lock the door. Stops civilians getting in the crossfire, gives some warning if the ship is getting attacked, and shouldn't slow down any members of the assault or joker teams.
Plus, and this is likely the only reason T. Is thinking of, it'll give a better environment for the boom.

And then scurry back to the defensive line.)

You start to place your bomb when you feel the shock implant tingle.

>Why don't you try placing that farther away from the ship.

Put the new sword in the sheath. Go to the Gangway. Stay in a hidden position, ready to go out when enemies start attacking. Prepare to defend the sword. Get ready to enter bullet-time mode.
You walk out onto the gangway, crewmen parting at the sight of your emaciated terminator facade. You walk up to one of the metal crates and crouch behind it, hand on the hilt of your sword.

Put the new sword in the sheath. Go to the Gangway. Stay in a hidden position, ready to go out when enemies start attacking. Prepare to defend the sword. Get ready to enter bullet-time mode.
Be really jealous for some reason, go to the gangway.

You grumble about how everyone else gets all the cool cybernetics and go sulk on the gangway, leaning against a crate.
"Oh yeah!"

Get in position on gangway behind a crate and get ready to shoot any hostiles with bolt action rifle.
You get into position but there's no one directly around you that is hostile at the moment.
Take cover on the gangway behind a crate, and have the drone hover over a spot where it can see an entrance.

That is, the far end of a gangway.

You want to fly the drone over to the far end of the gangway and hover it right over the Sod's heads?

"It's showtime, I guess. You heard Steve, positions on the gangway! Remember, enemy is military. No civilian casualties if possible!"

Get in position!

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

You yells about minimizing civilian casualties have a rather ironic effect of causing the crewmen directly around you to start panicking and running back toward the base.

((I think he is trying to tell us something, and why would the standard units god be pleased by our sacrifice, Metric is the standard units, the heretics would be more like the people who use Imperial, which is hard as fuck for me to understand, but I deal with it, Metric is as hard for them as Imperial is for us, well I think.))
Really, it depends.

Attempt to (finally) get that Mobile Drone Platform with team funds, then move out onto the gangway!

You buy your pallet of drones and drag it out to the gangway.

Move into the hanger and look for any armed non-HMRC personell. if I see any, "pierce" (bullet-like clumps of non-hardened sand sent at high speed through their vial organs, except because I can actively control these as they fly, they're effectively homeing) them with my sandbag. once the hanger is clear of threats, then move on to the gangway, with the same reaction to armed non-HMRC personnel.

((I guess I'm not used to adult people being that... small. Or maybe I don't want my brain to begin considering the possible implications and... applications. >_>))
((and now you've figured out part of why Lyra is so hyper-sensitive to certain stimuli))
Well, there's no armed non-HMRC people anywhere near you. The closest ones are the sods all the way down by the building. But you're pretty sure the assault team is gonna handle them.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18167 on: September 19, 2013, 02:19:54 pm »

Metric is as hard for them as Imperial is for us, well I think.))
Really, it depends.
((Exactly.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18168 on: September 19, 2013, 02:28:10 pm »

Observe the assault team and move up just behind them. send my sandbag sand to a postion above them, not obstructing them in any way but nearby. if anyone opens fire on them, shield them with the sand. do not leave the gangway, and when they move to the edge of my effective range, either because I can't observe them anymore or the sandbag doesn't reach that far, recall the sand.

((Sean, do you mind if I save a copy of that drawing to my computer? I... I like it quite a bit.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18169 on: September 19, 2013, 02:30:12 pm »

Obtain pill if pill man gets another one.
Melt the metal stuff off my hands.
Get ready for combat. If I spot hostiles, incinerate their necks to sever their spinal cords. If I can't get a good shot at that, freeze their elbows and shoulders.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 06:46:45 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18170 on: September 19, 2013, 02:31:38 pm »

Be read to defend the gangway.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18171 on: September 19, 2013, 02:35:33 pm »

((Sean, do you mind if I save a copy of that drawing to my computer? I... I like it quite a bit.))
((I don't mind. ^_^ In fact, I can even link you the unresized (and uncropped) version, should you need it for anything.

edit: on the other hand, why uncropped?))
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 02:38:03 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #18172 on: September 19, 2013, 02:43:43 pm »

Add all the metal spoons I have to the pill machine (at least five, hopefully, but as many as it accepts will do). If I don't have at least five metal spoons, get ten from armory.
Wait for it...Wait for it...

((This pill right here. Should be done by now, yes?))

"So, Steve, what sort of government are you planning, anyway? I understand you're going for something like that, right? Machine god-king in your own right or something else?"

Ask. Hope the god of dubious medicine grants me pills of uncertain effects (if so, give it to the greedy over-pilled fellow who keeps mooching off me, Xan). Look around the gangway. Is it just a hallway or is there a cool giant shipyard all around? If so, are there any vantage points on the walls from which one could take shots at us or drop bombs from? Like weird windows or something.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 02:53:00 pm by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18173 on: September 19, 2013, 02:57:36 pm »

((By the way, did Grate get a gun? I remember we were talking about it, but I don't remember the end decision.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18174 on: September 19, 2013, 02:58:02 pm »

((By the way, did Grate get a gun? I remember we were talking about it, but I don't remember the end decision.))
((not from the group fund))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18175 on: September 19, 2013, 03:09:31 pm »

((So...he is basically unarmed. Great.))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18176 on: September 19, 2013, 03:10:45 pm »

((not from the group fund))
((We've quite enough guns to go around. Even the defense team should have some of those no-resale weapons lying about.

All else fails, Anton can hand him the Red Hand. Being pretty much the only weapon around that has non-lethal applications, I think it'd work pretty well. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18177 on: September 19, 2013, 03:12:52 pm »

((So...he is basically unarmed. Great.))
((only until someone goes down, once we have a casulty it would be prudent to take their weapon. even so, reality is Grate has so little weapons skill that when he attacks he is an equal or greater threat to himself and his allies as to the enemy. (remember, he'll crit-fail on a 1 OR 2 because of his -1, and needs a 5 or 6 to even hit) ))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18178 on: September 19, 2013, 03:24:20 pm »

Charles cradles the weapon in his arms... so this is it... he had to kill, using the same weapon that took his own life... was this really what fate had in stall for him? Was this really his path in life? As a revolutionary? No. He was dead, technically at least. There is no life left for him. Now he had no choice but to trade lives for the betterment of humanity, perhaps it was foolish, perhaps it was futile. But all he could do now was fight alongside those who he care about... until this all ends and he may be reborn... like a p- um. Uh... what was that bird that rose from it's own ashes? He could've sworn it began with a 'p'...  Pigeon? Yeah, that sounds about right, like a pigeon rising from its own ashes. That was what little hope he had left.

Charles deploys his Pawn in Turret configuration in a concealed location that can cover the largest area. He loads it with conventional rounds and makes sure the magazine is ready to be detonated before running back into cover near the ship. He radios the rest of the team. "Turret's set up... more qualified people can control it via wrist-pad..."

Also, assist Feyri's speech roll.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:32:07 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18179 on: September 19, 2013, 03:58:01 pm »

If I'm not already in it, get in my armor.  Get behind cover on the gangway, hopefully not near someone else.  Carefully observe the sods.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
Pages: 1 ... 1210 1211 [1212] 1213 1214 ... 2101