_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5728572 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Remember the Alamo.
« Reply #18210 on: September 20, 2013, 02:09:37 pm »

That's amazing, Sean.  Can I ask for one of the Bastards together?
((The who?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18211 on: September 20, 2013, 02:10:21 pm »

((The original team members. Jim, Milno and Co.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18212 on: September 20, 2013, 02:12:48 pm »

((...That gave me an idea.

Some time when you have lots of time to devote to a drawing, draw the HMRC after each mission. One at the start with the Bastards in their original bodies, one with the folks who joined the HMRC before the second mission and the Bastards reassembled after that first mission, and so forth until the revolution. Nothing more special really needs to be done.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18213 on: September 20, 2013, 02:21:29 pm »

Continue to observe the assault team, if it looks like one of them is going to get hurt, intervene with my sand.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18214 on: September 20, 2013, 03:29:41 pm »

((I guess I'm not used to adult people being that... small. Or maybe I don't want my brain to begin considering the possible implications and... applications. >_>))
((and now you've figured out part of why Lyra is so hyper-sensitive to certain stimuli))
((I don't get what Sean was implying in the first place. :S))
((Good. Let it stay that way.))

ONIIIII-CHAAAAAN!

Look down scope at Sods if possible.
You get a great view of the back of some crewman's head. Awesome.

>Try and remember what I was doing.

>Shake down infirmary workers for drugs if possible.

You wander to the infirmary and start screaming for pills. A nurse politely asks why you're here and not out, defending the ship.

"Christ."

Run for the assault team, and see if I can grab that Sod. If I can, pop into voidspace, and open fire on that Sod. If not, yank on the baton in the battlesuit's knee joint to try and free the joint.

((Action changed, and yes, yes this is a horrible idea, but I'm hoping that the sudden change in local will disorientate the Sod long enough to pump some ferrous metal into it. Either that, or I die in there, and one less Sod to worry about. Win-Acceptible loss.))
(Save this for next time. The teams are supposed to all be acting at once so you shouldn't be reacting to their posts until yours is done. Wasn't clear, I know, but there you go. )

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18215 on: September 20, 2013, 03:33:50 pm »

((That title is ominous.))

Keep scope focused on any entrances where enemies will come out of and fire on any enemies if they appear.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18216 on: September 20, 2013, 03:37:19 pm »

Keep scope focused on any entrances where enemies will come out of and fire on any enemies if they appear.
That title is accurate.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18217 on: September 20, 2013, 03:42:27 pm »

That title is accurate.
((Not seeing it. Unless you consider Sods living (in which case it would be "first deaths"), or one of the battered civilians took more damage than was apparent.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18218 on: September 20, 2013, 03:58:23 pm »

That title is accurate.
I rolled another overshoot didn't I.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18219 on: September 20, 2013, 04:01:35 pm »

((Am I missing something here or did most people's posts get eaten/ignored?))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18220 on: September 20, 2013, 04:03:54 pm »

((Did Feyri, Grate and Charles all overshoot their speech rolls?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18221 on: September 20, 2013, 04:32:25 pm »

Fuck. Fixed.

Observe the assault team and move up just behind them. send my sandbag sand to a postion above them, not obstructing them in any way but nearby. if anyone opens fire on them, shield them with the sand. do not leave the gangway, and when they move to the edge of my effective range, either because I can't observe them anymore or the sandbag doesn't reach that far, recall the sand.

((Sean, do you mind if I save a copy of that drawing to my computer? I... I like it quite a bit.))
[exo:1]
You must have typed in something wrong, because the sonic controller screeches horribly, squealing between bone rattling low pitches and tones high enough that even a dog couldn't hear them. The sand, which has till now been sitting quietly in it's container, explodes out and begins ripping through the area around you like an enraged chainsaw strapped to a rocket engine.

[dex:1 (Yes, even with that 2/3rds)
[feyri dex:1+1+1(MkIII dodge bonus)
[Grate dex:4+1]
[end:1+1 (You are VERY lucky you got that 1/3)]
[feyri end:5]
Grate, seeing whats happening, leaps away like a ninja rabbit on a pogo stick. Feyri's a bit slower to react; but her suit lets her dive away in time to avoid a direct hit. Instead the sand simply tears a deep gash across her upper body and arms. You, on the other hand, stare, dumbfounded, as the grinding dpear of sand punches straight through your chest and then jerks about violently as the rest of it rips through the wound, shredding your entire torso until it resembles 80 pounds of raw beef that someone threw on the beach. The sand's motion halts soon after, crumpling back down into an inert mass around your body, now not much more then 4 limbs and a head surrounding a mound of haggis.

YOU ARE VERY MUCH DEAD. If you didn't get that +1 bonus on the end roll you would have been perma dead.

Obtain pill if pill man gets another one.
Melt the metal stuff off my hands.
Get ready for combat. If I spot hostiles, incinerate their necks to sever their spinal cords. If I can't get a good shot at that, freeze their elbows and shoulders.

[Exo:2+1]
You melt off a small amount of the metal on your limbs, reducing it from 50 lbs on each to 45 lbs on each. Not exactly great.

Be read to defend the gangway.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
You're all set to fire...as soon as the people are gone.  Also, a midget just exploded behind you.

It's gonna be one of those days.

Add all the metal spoons I have to the pill machine (at least five, hopefully, but as many as it accepts will do). If I don't have at least five metal spoons, get ten from armory.
Wait for it...Wait for it...

((This pill right here. Should be done by now, yes?))

"So, Steve, what sort of government are you planning, anyway? I understand you're going for something like that, right? Machine god-king in your own right or something else?"

Ask. Hope the god of dubious medicine grants me pills of uncertain effects (if so, give it to the greedy over-pilled fellow who keeps mooching off me, Xan). Look around the gangway. Is it just a hallway or is there a cool giant shipyard all around? If so, are there any vantage points on the walls from which one could take shots at us or drop bombs from? Like weird windows or something.
You give the spoon pill to Xan before looking around. Well,you can't see whats behind the Ship; there might be more cages like the one the ship is in, but you're not really sure. Now, the ship itself is held inside a "cage" basically a giant support structure that allows the ship to exist on the surface in normal gravity without snapping in half or breaking apart. It's a dense lattice of metal with a few catwalks and metal ladders running across it. It's possible that someone could climb up onto this cage and fire down on the group, but to do so they'd need to run across the gangway and then climb up. Doesn't seem likely.

Charles cradles the weapon in his arms... so this is it... he had to kill, using the same weapon that took his own life... was this really what fate had in stall for him? Was this really his path in life? As a revolutionary? No. He was dead, technically at least. There is no life left for him. Now he had no choice but to trade lives for the betterment of humanity, perhaps it was foolish, perhaps it was futile. But all he could do now was fight alongside those who he care about... until this all ends and he may be reborn... like a p- um. Uh... what was that bird that rose from it's own ashes? He could've sworn it began with a 'p'...  Pigeon? Yeah, that sounds about right, like a pigeon rising from its own ashes. That was what little hope he had left.

Charles deploys his Pawn in Turret configuration in a concealed location that can cover the largest area. He loads it with conventional rounds and makes sure the magazine is ready to be detonated before running back into cover near the ship. He radios the rest of the team. "Turret's set up... more qualified people can control it via wrist-pad..."

Also, assist Feyri's speech roll.

You set up your weapon, but I highly doubt that Feyri's speech is gonna be anything but a long, sorrowful exclamation.

If I'm not already in it, get in my armor.  Get behind cover on the gangway, hopefully not near someone else.  Carefully observe the sods.
You are wise beyond your years, sir. Proximity to teammates proves rather dangerous around here.

You run and hide behind a box and observe, with some difficulty because of the distance and interference of the crowd, as the sods swarm Miyamoto.

You want to fly the drone over to the far end of the gangway and hover it right over the Sod's heads?

(I was going to say no, just higher up on the wall where it'll have a clear view, but they seem kinda dumb.)

Anywhere where it'll have a clear view.  It's exact location doesn't really matter, those two sods are going to notice the giant robots and battlesuits first.  Over the sods should be fine, if the assault team is moving this turn.

[aux:3]
The drone jerks around randomly, flies into the air, jerks left and right and then sputters and lowers back to the ground.

Well...at least you didn't fly it directly into feyri.

Or yourself.

Be a good sentential.

((Internet problems guys, might be on here shakily for the next while or so.))

You guys hear about the Blue Sentinels in Dark Souls 2? Sounds like a pretty good way to fight the ever present menace of the Dickwraiths.

Praise the sun.

You start to place your bomb when you feel the shock implant tingle.

>Why don't you try placing that farther away from the ship.

T. looks back towards the ship with a look of incredulous "It's a long gangway, stop being a freaking baby". But gives the resigned shrug of a man harrowed by a pedantic AI with a shock implant, much like the resigned shrug of a man harrowed by a pedantic wife who is the sole benefactor of all foreseeable coitus.

(Fine, honey. I should've been more Sensitive to your fear of Explosions. Yes Dear, they Are a perfectly rational fear; They're Big and Loud and Dangerous. No Dear, I'm Not being sarcastic... I'm Sorry. Let's do what You want to do.)
"Where then?"

Proceed to follow instructions - If I come across a Sod weapon on my travels, take it for GWG

((Also I'll probably need to wait for the massive bulldozer to herd the crowd of civilians back into the complex first, right?
Unless I happen to be on the other side of the assault team for some reason, in which case I'm stuck in a terrified and milling crowd, so I can't really do much more than attempt to sneakily cut the throats of sods whilst I wait.))

>Anywhere thats not right up against the doors of the ship and won't damage the cage. Because even damage to the ship isn't as bad as damage to the cage. If that support structure fails, we'll lose the whole damn ship.

Hunker down for now, look around the corner using the cameras in my fingers. If the sods shoot towards us, attempt to rederict their guass rounds back at them with my amp. If possible, jank their weapons out of their hands and float them to me before they can begin shooting the defence team, also with the amp.

((also, PW, none of the documents show that I have a microwave amp, though I most certainly do.))
(Changed that)

Well...as it is you don't really have a good line of sight on the one remaining sod, so trying to use your amp like this could be tricky.

Set up the view-screens for the cameras at our defensive position if possible, if I can't or they can be tapped into by our wristpads or something, tell every amp user and manipulator user the frequency
We'll just assume everyone has the frequency and can look through them now.

"hehehehe"
ghost down the gangway stay in corners or away from obvious places where I could be "seen" by sods

You slip quickly down the gangway, clearly unseen by the sods. Then again, they've got their hands busy.

Hearing the alarm, Denzel goes into the room by the gangway to stand by.

You wanna stay in the hanger, in other words?

((I guess I'm not used to adult people being that... small. Or maybe I don't want my brain to begin considering the possible implications and... applications. >_>))
((and now you've figured out part of why Lyra is so hyper-sensitive to certain stimuli))

((Sean, do you mind if I save a copy of that drawing to my computer? I... I like it quite a bit.))
((I don't mind. ^_^ In fact, I can even link you the unresized (and uncropped) version, should you need it for anything.

edit: on the other hand, why uncropped?))
((I love that.
Thanks..err, also could I save a copy there? That would be really awesome.))

((I'll never get you men.))

((Eh, don't worry, neither will we.))
((It was never meant as a sexist remark! D: I get you, but that was jokingly!! D:))
((So...he is basically unarmed. Great.))
((only until someone goes down, once we have a casulty it would be prudent to take their weapon. even so, reality is Grate has so little weapons skill that when he attacks he is an equal or greater threat to himself and his allies as to the enemy. (remember, he'll crit-fail on a 1 OR 2 because of his -1, and needs a 5 or 6 to even hit) ))
((I'll take care of it. This is why I've my sheet saved for reasons.))

Quote from: Feyri Nirel to Steve
Steve, we can't pacify the civilians, but please bear with me.

SEND WHATEVER UMW SECURITY PROTOCOLS THEY HAVE ON THE WORLD-CURFEWS, SAFETY DETAILS, ANYTHING.

I'm sending out a faux call that we're with the UMW, and we're rooting out a traitor in the command center.

Speech roll as bonus effect!
Announce our presence to scatter the civilians under pretense of safety regulations and our guise: That we're UMW special forces and that the base -right there- is harboring a traitor--said traitor could be controlling the security forces or other armaments of collateral destruction.

In essence: Tell the civilians to clear the way. They don't need to work at this current moment and situation!

Let this be it.
Feyri stood up from cover and walked into the open ground, cautious of any enemies hiding in the discernible vicinity-especially marksmen-and decided to do this on her own terms.
"Squad D, this is Feyri Nirel. Under no pretense are you to fire on civilians unless any crossfire emerges-and only until we see hostiles in color (in uniform) do we return fire.

"Move to disarm any civilian supporters! Help me in dispersing the innocents."
she said, then added on a secret channel, "If we are to take this world as our own-we ENSURE that it is taken by valid means, and NOT as our spotty and crappy reputation signifies! Move across the gangway, under cover and quickly!

"Watch out for automated defenses and prepare breaching and high explosives. Aim at the base and stick near cover. Anyone with shields, move to the front!"

Yes I'm listening to the briefing :3
And if we're lucky, the ruse of working with the UWM would be better than temporary.

Feyri drops to her knees and shouts a dramatic "LYRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"Alright."
Thomas scans the area to try and find anyone who could be a hostile sniper, or for troop movements. If he sees any hostiles, he lines up a shot with low dispersion and high power. If he sees none, he heads down into the gangway proper to help with the evacuation.

You stroll down the gangway, rifle on your shoulder, shouting for the civilians to run.

"Come on! Get out of the damn way! We're here to help but not if you keep blocking our bullets!"

Alright, giant pallet of drones. Let's get to work.

Find a convenient crate near the Sword to crouch behind and study my giant pallet of drones and their control mechanism.

If it looks like a drone could be somewhat concealed near the ceiling, order two drones to fly up to the ceiling and wait for further orders as close to the ceiling as they can get, against opposite walls.

Well...the gangway doesn't really have a ceiling. You could have them nestle up in the cage but really we've already got a bunch of spy cams and a turret sitting around here so there's probably more then enough eyes on the gangway.

Though you could send them with the assault team. Thats a thing.

((Good. Let it stay that way.))

ONIIIII-CHAAAAAN!

Look down scope at Sods if possible.
You get a great view of the back of some crewman's head. Awesome.

>Try and remember what I was doing.

>Shake down infirmary workers for drugs if possible.

You wander to the infirmary and start screaming for pills. A nurse politely asks why you're here and not out, defending the ship.

"Christ."

Run for the assault team, and see if I can grab that Sod. If I can, pop into voidspace, and open fire on that Sod. If not, yank on the baton in the battlesuit's knee joint to try and free the joint.

((Action changed, and yes, yes this is a horrible idea, but I'm hoping that the sudden change in local will disorientate the Sod long enough to pump some ferrous metal into it. Either that, or I die in there, and one less Sod to worry about. Win-Acceptible loss.))
(Save this for next time. The teams are supposed to all be acting at once so you shouldn't be reacting to their posts until yours is done. Wasn't clear, I know, but there you go. )

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18222 on: September 20, 2013, 04:36:20 pm »

((Woah.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18223 on: September 20, 2013, 04:41:00 pm »

((Woah.))
((Indeed. O_O

Anybody want to pitch in some funds to restore her body?

Though I'm not sure Lyra would mind the advantages of the synthoid frame. >_>))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18224 on: September 20, 2013, 04:43:19 pm »

(( EXO: 1 + 0 (failed 1/3), DEX: 1 + 0 (failed 2/3), END: 1 + 1 (successful 1/3)))

((...))

((and here I was trying to use the less likely to kill myself piece of equipment in a conditional action that hopefully wouldn't be triggered))

((geez))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1213 1214 [1215] 1216 1217 ... 2101