_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5712783 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18255 on: September 20, 2013, 07:55:23 pm »

((Only in the HMRC do we react to a messily dead teammate by trying to calculate the blood spilled everywhere.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18256 on: September 20, 2013, 08:00:02 pm »

((Anyway I got overlooked or pushed back, the latter being quite probable as I'll most likely need to wait for the assault team to clear out before moving, so just quoting this here so's to stick it in the next turn.))
It's right here:
You start to place your bomb when you feel the shock implant tingle.

>Why don't you try placing that farther away from the ship.

T. looks back towards the ship with a look of incredulous "It's a long gangway, stop being a freaking baby". But gives the resigned shrug of a man harrowed by a pedantic AI with a shock implant, much like the resigned shrug of a man harrowed by a pedantic wife who is the sole benefactor of all foreseeable coitus.

(Fine, honey. I should've been more Sensitive to your fear of Explosions. Yes Dear, they Are a perfectly rational fear; They're Big and Loud and Dangerous. No Dear, I'm Not being sarcastic... I'm Sorry. Let's do what You want to do.)
"Where then?"

Proceed to follow instructions - If I come across a Sod weapon on my travels, take it for GWG

((Also I'll probably need to wait for the massive bulldozer to herd the crowd of civilians back into the complex first, right?
Unless I happen to be on the other side of the assault team for some reason, in which case I'm stuck in a terrified and milling crowd, so I can't really do much more than attempt to sneakily cut the throats of sods whilst I wait.))

>Anywhere thats not right up against the doors of the ship and won't damage the cage. Because even damage to the ship isn't as bad as damage to the cage. If that support structure fails, we'll lose the whole damn ship.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18257 on: September 20, 2013, 09:01:44 pm »

((wait which thread is the defense team in? Are we active yet?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #18258 on: September 20, 2013, 09:02:41 pm »

((This one and technically yes.  The assault team is down at the end of the gangway, and once they're clear you'll be guarding the ship.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18259 on: September 20, 2013, 09:06:49 pm »

((Oh lol :P I kinda slacked off during the slacking off portion of preparation))

STEPHEN HAWKING gets in the best position to defend the ship. Specifically behind a crate thing. One close to the ship.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18260 on: September 20, 2013, 09:12:44 pm »

Noticing all the alarms, Derya moves to a relatively unpopulated area and attempts to hide somewhere that the enemy won't look- such as in a box or a vent- and holds her razor in-hand.

Alarms... Better get ready. Element of surprise and all that...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #18261 on: September 20, 2013, 09:19:46 pm »

[Edit: Bad stuff. Sad about Lyra's death >_>]

((Only in the HMRC do we react to a messily dead teammate by trying to calculate the blood spilled everywhere.))
Real funny  ::)

((Though I'm not sure Lyra would mind the advantages of the synthoid frame. >_>))
There are none.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:32:43 pm by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18262 on: September 20, 2013, 09:29:16 pm »

Hey, the HMRC just knows how to make the best of a bad situation. Teammate dies? Calculate if their corpse juice is copious to be used as a slip and slide!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18263 on: September 20, 2013, 09:36:34 pm »

Hey, the HMRC just knows how to make the best of a bad situation. Teammate dies? Calculate if their corpse juice is copious to be used as a slip and slide!
((You really have to make it worse, huh buddy.))

"Now, I'm not in the business of expressing undue emotion, but whoa, that shit's crazy! What was that just now? I mean, it looked cool, but damn, I wouldn't want to be standing next to that. Speaking of, you okay, Feyri? That was insane right there, you know."
Quote from: Response
No.

Thrice damn all of this.
Again.

AND AGAIN.

The armory master can't even configure WORKING PIECES OF S-

Feyri turned around to gaze at the rest of 'Squad D'. In her mind, the acronym of Defense soon turned into more sour things given this situation. Granted, without anything else in the way of a mind, she had no recourse to stop the ensuing flow of rage, sadness and anger at how the rest of her team was doing--they were idling as the others got hurt.

"WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING? GET OUT HERE AND DO YOUR DUTIES, SLACKERS! GET OUT OF THE SAFE ZONE AND MAKE USE OF YOUR DARN MEATSACKS YOU CALL LEGS! MOVE UP!

"Cowards! Get into position and stop hiding behind those crates! Search for enemy spotters and marksmen! Anchor down any shields you have!"
[/font]

Good work team. Good damn work. Now one of us is dead. And nobody cares.
Bloody good work team.

Why am I even here.

Berate team. Continue with issued plan one whole turn ago: TO CLARIFY-it is the plan where we assume UMW special forces.
MAKE IT HAPPEN THIS TIME.

Stupid amps.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 09:43:50 pm by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18264 on: September 20, 2013, 09:46:29 pm »

(( EXO: 1 + 0 (failed 1/3), DEX: 1 + 0 (failed 2/3), END: 1 + 1 (successful 1/3)))
((...))
((and here I was trying to use the less likely to kill myself piece of equipment in a conditional action that hopefully wouldn't be triggered))
((geez))
((I just did the math, the odds of me rolling that horribly bad were less than 1%. 0.4% for the three 1's in a row, and it gets even lower once you toss in the failed 1/3 and 2/3))
It's gonna be one of those days.

(Hey, now. Jim got his own chest destroyed by Ivan and his remains were used as a surfboard by Feyri. There's no inequality here. :P)
((This made me laugh hard enough that someone across the (admittedly empty) room stared at me.))

((...just how much blood is there?))
((I'd say...all of it.))

((It's only a 1/8, it shouldn't damage the cage from that far away right?))
((You know what I see? "This sandbag should be a relatively safe weapon to use right?"))

take her head and other solid bits and dance over to the infirmary, hand her over to medical staff if possible.
((Aw...can't I? You can clean up her guts and limbs.))

The sand's motion halts soon after, crumpling back down into an inert mass around your body, now not much more then 4 limbs and a head surrounding a mound of haggis.

YOU ARE VERY MUCH DEAD. If you didn't get that +1 bonus on the end roll you would have been perma dead.
Grate stares.
Lyra...oh no...no...
He begins to cry. Then he sees Lyra in his head, pointing at the real-Lyra's remains.
Um...look, you're in my head, why can't you just...head...of course! You grabbed Miss Feyri's head, and then they brought her back!
Mind-Lyra nods, looking happy and making a hugging motion.

Grate grabs Lyra's head, then runs into the Sword. He then realizes that he doesn't know where Lyra needs to go. He decides to ask for help.
"Hey everyone! If I was dead, where would I need to go to not be dead?"
When he is told where to go, he takes Lyra's head there so she can come back to life.

Heh. Good on ya, little one. Now you aren't hideous.
When Grate recovers, he will have a strong urge to punch Xan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18265 on: September 20, 2013, 09:48:22 pm »

Charles's synthesized voice radiates out. It seemed quite nervous but also firm concealing the panic that was gripping him. "Calm down Miss Nirel... we're a defense team, not an assault team... rushing into the fray will only amplify our problems... most of the team are using emplacements, so there's no need to rush in..." Charles instinctively runs his eyes, but his metallic hand simply bumped against his head. Damn it... he's hallucinating... what was white? What was black? He could no longer tell. Charles kneels down surveys the area remotely with his turret. In truth, he already knew what there was, he had set up the turret there after all... but he didn't feel comfortable standing... the strings... they were trying to bind him... to enslave him to his insanity and make him desecrate Lyra's corpse... as long as he's in no position to walk, we could suppress those strange, unnatural urges...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18266 on: September 20, 2013, 09:57:28 pm »

((...Is the Sword even on the ground, as in docked, or is it hovering--in which we'll have to defend from all sides and not just the gangway?))

"Calm down Miss Nirel... we're a defense team, not an assault team... rushing into the fray will only amplify our problems... most of the team are using emplacements, so there's no need to rush in..."

If Feyri had any visage to show, it would show the feelings of several missions past. A sneer, mixed with the biased hate of fate. She just looked at Charles with her visor still down. She spoke to him on a private channel-broadcasted to the squad.
"You tell me what defense we have that can't even spot enemies and what precisely are they doing. You tell me that we should bunch up and stick near our ship as if its going to get hurt once the defenders spread out. The enemy is much like you-flesh and bone-and need to get near the ship to attack.

"I'm going to announce our cause here under the ruse of UMW agents. There is a traitor in their base. Also, it is better to spread out given the idea of explosive weaponry coming to the fore. And civilians.

"I shall never be calm if this continues to happen.
"

All my friends.
All my family.

Where are you all when I need you.
Gone with the flowing wind.

I am alone again.

"I request you focus on the task at hand, sir. I am ok. I can...handle this."
I can't.

She turned to Grate. "Please take care of Lyra."

It's gonna be one of those days.
((I'll miss those days when anything goes right.))
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:00:20 pm by Tiruin »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18267 on: September 20, 2013, 10:02:53 pm »

((...Hm...I have a distinct desire to have a pair of five-year-old girls with magical powers come in and hug Feyri, followed by assorted friends thereof, including a pair of near-identical shy girls who can draw things into existence, who would hopefully also hug Feyri. As would Maria and Medea and Yuri and Victoria and Meme and so on.
In case it makes you feel better, Feyri is at the middle of a giant hug. And she is probably very confused.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18268 on: September 20, 2013, 10:14:49 pm »

((I am actually probably very much in anguish over the slip up of how an amp was created. I blame technology and whoever was the manufacturer of it to do such because that totally goes against safety protocol.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18269 on: September 20, 2013, 10:19:43 pm »

((*hugs Tiruin*))

((Hey, it's just a game. And Lyra could be back in five minutes, perhaps.))
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 1216 1217 [1218] 1219 1220 ... 2101