_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5727020 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18390 on: September 22, 2013, 07:58:25 am »

((Hm...what do you think would happen if we put ice or liquid nitrogen or something in the machine? Would it be different than if we put water or nitrogen in it?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18391 on: September 22, 2013, 07:59:23 am »

(( Okay, here's what I want to see happen with all these hideously dangerous chemicals.

I want to see someone put several of those into the machine.

And then have it promptly explode, consuming the machine and the user and leaving behind one final pill.

And then I want Xan to eat that pill. :P ))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18392 on: September 22, 2013, 08:51:53 am »

((One thing I would love to see him try is the protein Titin (I would put the name like I did for other chemicals, but that exceeds the forum's character limit nearly 4.75 times over).

It would either do nothing at all, or give him a slight power boost due to it being a major protein in muscle. But it would be temporary if it did anything, with a biological half-life of about 30 hours.

But otherwise, I'm happy to post suggestions of toxic chemicals, shock-sensitive explosive chemicals, chemical combos to make him self-fluoresce, chemicals to make him radioactive, chemicals to make him dense(er), chemicals to give him interesting magnetic properties, chemicals that affect light weirdly, and all manner of other interesting chemicals.))
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 08:57:12 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18393 on: September 22, 2013, 09:01:30 am »

((That...is one long name. 180ish thousand letters.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18394 on: September 22, 2013, 09:20:34 am »

((Hmmm... things to pill... Would be interesting to see what properties the device transfers. Does it transfer material, form or function? An experiment to determine that would be good. Something like putting a memory chip with songs in it enclosed inside a wood sphere in one pill and a memory chip with combat manuals enclosed in a steel pole in another. Or maybe that Hunter CPU Miyamoto carries around from mission 7.))

((Completely unrelated: Here's a logarithmic map of the known universe as seen from Earth in 2005. (WARNING, EXTREMELY LARGE IMAGE!)
I had a poster of this map in my bedroom wall when I was younger given by some science magazine (it was an older version of the map but had colors kinder to the eye) and I always liked admiring it and calculating travel times and researching objects shown there. And since this is a space game and we have some science inclined people here and in a fit of nostalgia I googled for it and found it, I thought I should share.
Enjoy SPAAAACE!))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #18395 on: September 22, 2013, 09:21:55 am »

((About 189,819 letters. Yeah, depending on how you define 'word', it could be the longest word of any language.

This is an 8 minute segment (out of 2 hours and 8 minutes, and the speed is quadrupled to get that) of it read by a text-to-speech program.

((Completely unrelated: Here's a logarithmic map of the known universe as seen from Earth in 2005. (WARNING, EXTREMELY LARGE IMAGE!)
I had a poster of this map in my bedroom wall when I was younger given by some science magazine (it was an older version of the map but had colors kinder to the eye) and I always liked admiring it and calculating travel times and researching objects shown there. And since this is a space game and we have some science inclined people here and in a fit of nostalgia I googled for it and found it, I thought I should share.
Enjoy SPAAAACE!))

I'm going to hang on to that, because that's actually pretty cool.))
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 10:00:30 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #18396 on: September 22, 2013, 10:31:53 am »

"Just have to wait"
use MMM to kill sods when they appear by causing heatstroke, continue hiding
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #18397 on: September 22, 2013, 10:48:26 am »

Why are there children here? Why are children on a sustained repeating death row? Why are they fighting in the first place?

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Assess the situation in general. And specifically, can we advance to another set of cover ahead on the gangway, without losing the choke point advantage?

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18398 on: September 22, 2013, 10:56:04 am »

Keep scope pointed at any entrance Sods or other enemies will come from.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #18399 on: September 22, 2013, 11:06:40 am »

Keep watching for sods. If sods present themselves, make their heads do a radical 360° spin. same old.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18400 on: September 22, 2013, 12:21:10 pm »

((OH GOD WHATS HAPPENING IM SO CONFUSED))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18401 on: September 22, 2013, 12:23:38 pm »

((OH GOD WHATS HAPPENING IM SO CONFUSED))
((
Lyra died, Xan got zapped by Steve again. That's about the only major things that have happened so far.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18402 on: September 22, 2013, 12:40:11 pm »

((I figured Lyra died, but how?
Also, should May be doing anything at the moment?))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18403 on: September 22, 2013, 12:49:34 pm »

((I figured Lyra died, but how?
Also, should May be doing anything at the moment?))
((Lyra suffered a cascade of critical failures with a simple action involving a bag of smart sand.

And May should probably do the same thing the rest of us are doing - stand behind a crate and get ready to engage a theoretical wave of theoretical hostiles.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18404 on: September 22, 2013, 01:02:33 pm »

Stand behind crate and get ready for theoretical wave of theoretical bustas'.
Pages: 1 ... 1225 1226 [1227] 1228 1229 ... 2101