_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1257 1258 [1259] 1260 1261 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5731763 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #18870 on: October 01, 2013, 07:30:31 am »

((Don't start giving people ideas. Otherwise there will be a dust mite with a matter converter amp running around.))

((Actually, I did have the idea for what I think would be a pretty good treatment for a 'pure amp user', as in, somebody who does nothing but amp all day and amp all night. Essentially, make them into an armored, supersized scout eye with a brain placed inside of an armored case, fitted with cameras that offer a full 4 pi steradian view of their surroundings. They could fly about, see everything around them (possibly with a great many sensors, including radar, sonar, infrared and more) and probably use amps very effectively due to having a great field and depth of vision, a human brain and quite a lot of mobility, presumably, not to mention being of small size and therefore difficult to hit and capable of using a great number of avenues of attack.

In addition, they, unlike humanoid amp users, would lack the necessary tells for somebody to determine that the flying robot is actually the one frying/smashing/gravitating everything.

In other news, I got a 0 on that test. Yay.))
((And were back to my combat braincase idea :D))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18871 on: October 01, 2013, 07:37:35 am »

((And were back to my combat braincase idea :D))

((You had that idea before?

Hm. It's still something someone should try, I think. Maybe Xan. He seems like the sort who would be perfect for it.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #18872 on: October 01, 2013, 07:42:58 am »

((I got a seven.  Woo.

Also, Lenglon, if you have good night vision and poor color acuity, you may, in fact, already be a cat.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18873 on: October 01, 2013, 07:55:17 am »

On those colors...check this out, kittycat. :3
((I've done that before. I somehow got a 295.))

Based on your information, below is how your score compares to those of others with similar demographic information.

Your score: 42
    Age range: 20-29
    Best score for your gender and age range: -480
    Highest score for your gender and age range: 444445389
((Yeah, I got a -6.))
    Your score: 63
    Best score for your gender and age range: -160
    Highest score for your gender and age range: 198857
((Which I no longer feel so bad about.))

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18874 on: October 01, 2013, 08:19:58 am »

((Wondering what Xantalos did to get his hyperchromatic eyesight.))
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 08:23:01 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18875 on: October 01, 2013, 08:39:34 am »

((It involves child sacrifice, raw rubies, suppositories and a goose liver.))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18876 on: October 01, 2013, 09:00:36 am »

Send a message to the person who answered me.

Quote from:  To the one that answered me
I imagine we will need to fight them so it's better to know the enemy before. If could pass me some more info... And now a question. You said that they are used for assassinations. In my first mission, there was an assassin we had to catch, but he was too powerful for us to get him (and almost everyone became a kleptomaniac), was he a Shadow Walker?

((@GM: What would Renen have to do to get to the window the flare came from? Would climbing or running over the wall until getting here work?))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #18877 on: October 01, 2013, 09:51:09 am »

((LSD. Seeing sounds and all that. Or perhaps he can see in the infrared or ultraviolet spectrum. Or maybe he's the kind of person who can see the difference between #FF0000 and #FF0001.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18878 on: October 01, 2013, 10:07:15 am »

((Depends if it's SEQUENTIAL

Edit as that doesn't help at all.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18879 on: October 01, 2013, 11:04:19 am »

((Perfect score.  And this isn't even with my CRT monitor.))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #18880 on: October 01, 2013, 11:52:16 am »

((Yeah well hook your computer up to a black and white TV and get that perfect score why doncha???
Would that even be possible? I mean if you created some kind of adapter so you could actually hook them up would your computer stuff show up in black and white?))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18881 on: October 01, 2013, 11:54:47 am »

((Yeah well hook your computer up to a black and white TV and get that perfect score why doncha???
Would that even be possible? I mean if you created some kind of adapter so you could actually hook them up would your computer stuff show up in black and white?))
((You could just turn the saturation slider down on your monitor. Or saturation knob, depending on how old your monitor is.)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18882 on: October 01, 2013, 03:08:54 pm »

Your score: 40. I'm kinda unhappy with this, especially since I consider myself an artist. Some of it could very well be my semibad laptop monitor though.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18883 on: October 01, 2013, 03:12:31 pm »

"Here they come!"

get ready to shoot any sods that appear.
You pucker your anus, Aim your weapon and file your tax returns.

Simple! Don't breathe, at least not more than strictly necessary. Instead, patiently await treatment.

Dream of wondrous alchemy. If somebody asks, I wouldn't really mind getting a robot body, just sayin'. After all, if the ticker gives out semi-naturally, there's only so much you can do with it from there on in, right?

You wake up, your brain now embedded in a big old metal body. Now all you need to do is make friends with a batman villain, an anxious Tiger and some bimbo from the american mid west and you can finally get that broadway show you've always wanted.

STEPHEN HAWKING re-calculates how he would have to amp-hit certain crates to hit things from the source of the disturbance

((Also pretty cool something I said was nominated for thread title, even if there was something way better right next to it :P))
Stick around long enough and you'll get a thread title.

Or murdered. One or the other.

As per amp hitting certain crates up to that hole in the window, it would involve building a trebuchet and then using your punch as the counter weight.

I am extremely torn between changing the title of the thread to "Alcohol squared" or "Homeopathic Doses of Violence."
((Even though you already changed the title, I'm going to point out that many homeopathics, especially the earlier ones, prescribed very small doses, sometimes so small that you could count the molecules in a dose, if there were any. So, homeopathic doses of violence would be less like what the HMRC does and more like shooting a pillow out of a cannon in the general direction of someone several hundred thousand away.))

As everyone goes about their normal business of fucking about, something happens.

One of the windows a few stories up from the gangway breaks open a little bit. A moment later a signal flare, burning blindingly red and leaving a trail of smoke behind it, arcs out of the hole and over the gangway.

Huh.
Assuming Grate is nearby:
Grab the flare and throw it back out the window.
((The flare apparently didn't even hit the ship. I misread.))
If this is not lethal, continue trying to ask the AM for advice on auxiliary systems that would make Grate useful. If token(s) are still needed for Lyra's catgirl fund and the flare has not blown Grate to bits, donate a token or two.

((I still have no earthly idea how that fucking idea of "Less is actually more powerful" got started. That seems to go against every tenet of common sense, logic and brainthinks possible. I'll just throw an aspirin in the pacific ocean and make the greatest panacea ever!))

Yay, Cheetara's species reassignment surgery has been funded!

"So you're bad at everything but Aux. Ok. A cutting torch might work. Or drones. Or you might just not want to get into fights."

"Incoming!!"

Freeze the flare.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

[Exo:4+1]
The flare sputters for a second as it arcs over the gangway and then freezes solid, killing the smoke and light. It continues on  it's path, plinks harmlessly off the side of the ship and falls down somewhere far below.

Ok.
"Oh goddamnit, I thought this would be easy. Just for once."
"It's starting, lemme get the popcorn"
"Beep boop, how typical. The fleshling calls for assistance"

Attempt to redirect the flare back into the window with amp if there's still time. Get into solid cover and be ready to deflect incoming fire back to the sender with my  amp.

((I'm pretty sure he means one of those flares you shoot up into the air, right?))
You decide that the frozen flare poses no threat and immediately get into solid cover instead.

Well, that seems troublesome.

Move to an area with a good vantage point AWAY from the flare. Keep an eye and my intuition out for any hostiles. If I see any, heat a 1-foot sphere in their upper body to sufficient temperature to scorch it to ash. If they get into melee range while I'm doing this, do my best to disable them with sexy knife before running away like a pansy.

[will:2+1]
You idly cut off a few fingers while you wait for the enemies to appear.

Shit...... Steve, what would they be using flares for? Call-down of something?

Ask Steve, Order two drones to watch away from the window that fired the flare for movement.

Pull back to the now downed Stacy. Do a quick medical check, then help him to the infirmary, by hover trolley if necessary.

>Not sure really. Best guess, they're using it to signal the location of hostiles, firing it out the window so others inside the building can see where it is through the windows. I recommend caution. Events as of now indicate there might be unforeseen circumstances effecting things. I will begin searching.

"HOSTILES INBOUND! ALL UNITS PREPARE TO REPEL BOARDERS!"

Make a mad dash through voidspace to the first defensive wall(closest to the building), and check out the door. Hold fire until I have a clear shot at a sod.

((Yeah, I meant to use the mission fund to buy the claymores. Sorry I didn't make that clear.))
You move to the first defensive wall and look around inside. There's nothing there and you see nothing coming. It's all quiet.

I am extremely torn between changing the title of the thread to "Alcohol squared" or "Homeopathic Doses of Violence."
((Even though you already changed the title, I'm going to point out that many homeopathics, especially the earlier ones, prescribed very small doses, sometimes so small that you could count the molecules in a dose, if there were any. So, homeopathic doses of violence would be less like what the HMRC does and more like shooting a pillow out of a cannon in the general direction of someone several hundred thousand away.))
((Just as the dosage determines the poison, so does the nature of the recipient determine the homeopathic dose. A massive, broken governing system is going to take quite a bit of violence to fix.))

Anton spots the flare as it sails over the gangway, and dives for cover.

"Incoming!"

Seek shelter in the closest pillbox. (Pillcrate? Pillcontainer?) If no barrage of kinetic, explosive, coherent-light, or other kind of death ensues, peek out to examine the main entryway and the outer walls/windows for any enemy movements. Red Hand on safety, Gauss Rifle ready.

There are no plinks, no zaps, no smell of ozone or hiss of molten metal. Everything is quiet. Everything is still. You peek out.

Nothing. Nothing.

5 of 7 tokens gathered. You're almost a catgirl. Do me a favor though. Write out a nice bulleted list of what you want for your new kawii form.
List Here!
Spoiler: Kitty stuff (click to show/hide)
EDIT:
If the doc wants to add or change things, I'm fully willing to consider them, but I want the option to say no on a per-item basis.
((and if anyone has suggestions for things for me to add to the list OOC, I'm willing to listen to them too. for example Paris's purring suggestion.))

Remember, when it comes to the doc things are never 100%. Paying means you're gonna get the majority of what you want, but there may be unforeseen consequences or minor additions.

You ready to be KAWAIITIZED?

"YO', BITCH."

Run into cover, then fire off the Microwave Field Manipulator into the window where the flare came from, if possible.

((Technically you're only not allowed to reference minorities and such with offensive terms. It'd make rapping really hard to do it nonslurringly, but it could be done.))
((Pff, I've heard good raps which don't make use of vulgar or swear words against any minority and they're darn well performed! Only thing is that the general public (Or so I perceive from my years indulged in musical observation) leans more on...those kinds of rap. >_>))

((Is it even possible to make a 'real' rap song without any kind of profanity or explicitness?

"Hey Mr. Rapper guy, here at the production company, we love your album, but when you talk about your early life that involves your parent's divorce, violent death of a close friend and your frequent arrests by the police when the only way to make sure your family got heating through the winter was through dealing narcotics, we'd really appreciate it if you told those stories without any profanity. You know, keep it clean!"

....Yeah. Enope.))
[uncon:5+1]
The window where the flare was shot out of explodes in a giant fireball. Well, that was effective.

Determine if I can see the flare or not. If not, continue chilling in Box City. If the flare is near Box City, flip out and take cover, clutching my monoatomic razor.

"Uhhh, that's bad right?"
You do a double backflip and cower in the corner,  making all sorts of strange squealing noises and farting nervously.

keep waiting
You bring the people at table 3 their bill and deliver a burger to the guy at table 7.

Charles remotely operates his turret, firing at any sods that it has an acceptable chance of hitting. He also prepares a speech to confuse the Sods.
The turret spins around and jerks about, looking for things to shoot.

Things that aren't teammates.

It finds nothing.

Ask AM/Doc (Whoever's least busy) if a red flare is standard practice for UWM forces, and what it signals. Then lower helmet visor, ramp up zoom and look at window.

((Also people, maybe less of you should deal with the flare and more should deal with the window the flare came from? Just keep in mind it might be civilian.))

>Nothing universal. Probably nothing good though.

The window is now a fireball...hard to see much in there.

((Yeah, profanity doesn't really damage the rap's message- it actually contributes in many cases. But yeah. Anyway.))

"I'm going to go ahead and assume that that was a bad sign."

Is there any cover in the main building? If so, stay there in cover, if not, fall back to the first choke-point.

Back to the choke point you go!
Look away from the flare, and cover my ears with my hands flat over them.  Get down on the ground.
Head between legs

Kiss butt goodbye, etc.

List Here!
Spoiler: Kitty stuff (click to show/hide)
((Given how PW works [I mean, Feyri doesn't know gangsigns at all or what in the world are pink bellies or indian burns...-_- This is all May's fault], I'm proud to say that nothing awkward will result from this. Also I'll withhold anything bad I can think of.

Which comes to a total of: 0.
>.>
<.<
Yeah. I know a lot about animal anatomy/physiology here.

Also the eyes? They can, in the bluntest of terms, see only with a lightsource-they can't see in total darkness. It's just that they've got a special cell layer at the back of the retina. The tapetum lucidum, which..hmm, pretty much catches light-even faint traces of it-and reflects it back to the retina.
So low light vision yay!
On those colors...check this out, kittycat. :3

Suggestion: A way to cool down [other than thru sweating > paws]. Having taken a bit in animal anatomy here, and given how PW sometimes adheres to reality, you'd need a way to cool down after any strenuous exercise there.

..I mean, you don't want to be licking yourself for cooling down. Speaking seriously here, cats [like dogs] sweat very differently than humans. Cursed be ye exocrine glands!

:3))

((Is it even possible to make a 'real' rap song without any kind of profanity or explicitness?

"Hey Mr. Rapper guy, here at the production company, we love your album, but when you talk about your early life that involves your parent's divorce, violent death of a close friend and your frequent arrests by the police when the only way to make sure your family got heating through the winter was through dealing narcotics, we'd really appreciate it if you told those stories without any profanity. You know, keep it clean!"

....Yeah. Enope.))
((Yes. Yes it is actually possible! :O
Surprising, no?
I mean, sure, its the general 'trend' or whatever now to just swear off anything in rap))
((Yeah, profanity doesn't really damage the rap's message- it actually contributes in many cases. But yeah. Anyway.))
((But I'm just pointing out the purer essence of rap. As in, its roots before it was horribly subverted by. . .well, the vast notions of today which are pretty much..erm, considered as trash or something undesirable, actually >.>
My PoV comes from the roots and leading to the cause/effects of now. It's...not good.))

From here.

Feyri looked around and nodded-not that it was at all visible given the fact that her visor was down-and brought the sandbag-construct back to the AM to sell for tokens: which will be donated to Lyra!

She takes one look at the flare, and heads back inside towards the Infirmary.

If I'll be useless, I'll make sure everyone does their work first. There's only pretty much one path any attacker will take, and I won't be surprised if they enter the ship from other sides than the gangway.

First rule of 3D combat: Attack from all directions.

Well...the lyra cat fund is funded. So I guess that you saved her goods for her. Still, there are things you can do with that. Sell it and pay back the Cat fund backers. Keep it for her. Try it out yourself. SO many bad ideas!

((So... This game has gone from gritty hard sci-fi with a dark humor twist into catgirls, colored square quizzes, and clean rapping. I'm in.

Your score: 55

Aww. Half of them looked the same.))
"How much would it cost to just get it sprayed onto the armor? Would it be permanent?"
Buy dat, if possible. Then head outside and sit in the snipers nest to watch for incoming hostiles.

She hands you a spraycan.

"Just spray the suit down in this. You should be good. Oh, don't breathe it in, either. Or let it touch your skin while wet."

You take the can and head back outside.

((  Terraria update? WHERE!??!?  Oooo, terraria update in an hour! I shouldn't stay up for it... XD

And I got a 15. Alright then. And I'd say their scaling system has some bugs, to generate negative numbers and ridiculous positive numbers, but somehow I'd bet it's people hacking the 'leader' boards. Because some idiots can't stop themselves from ruining a perfectly good leaderboard by hacking in the largest number they can think of into it. Props to the people that realized *low* numbers were 'superior' and hacked in negative numbers. ))
Terraria man. Hope it keeps us occupied till Starbound comes out. Or dark souls 2...only 6 more months....sigh.

Send a message to the person who answered me.

Quote from:  To the one that answered me
I imagine we will need to fight them so it's better to know the enemy before. If could pass me some more info... And now a question. You said that they are used for assassinations. In my first mission, there was an assassin we had to catch, but he was too powerful for us to get him (and almost everyone became a kleptomaniac), was he a Shadow Walker?

((@GM: What would Renen have to do to get to the window the flare came from? Would climbing or running over the wall until getting here work?))
No, he was a Urban Executor.  Shadow walkers are a whole new level. LESHO rifles, radiation guns, changling masks, high end optical camo, cyborg enhancements, the works.

(You could try jumping)

Attention. I've been looking over the recent data I can find for things like ship arrivals, repairs, refittings, modifications to the base and so on. Something rather odd has caught my eye. Or should I say a lack of something. Things have been disappearing off manifests, and some numbers don't match up. An entire docking bay has gone missing in the last few months. If I had to guess, I'd say this is the work of UWM spooks, though what they were or are doing here and who they are I can't say. If there are a few people on the defense team willing to go take a look into this "Missing hanger" we might be able to learn more. 

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18884 on: October 01, 2013, 03:18:22 pm »

Volunteer to go check out the missing hangar.

Maybe the flare has something to do with it? A hangar is a much better place for a knife fight than here anyway...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 1257 1258 [1259] 1260 1261 ... 2101