_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1270 1271 [1272] 1273 1274 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5718279 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19065 on: October 04, 2013, 05:22:54 am »

As Stacy ponders whether there's something he's forgotten, he realizes that he's left Grate his inheritance without providing any kind of instruction. This is not good! He writes out a wristpad message to the little tyke.

Quote from: Stacy Buttle; to: Grate, Child of Nature, Friend of Man
Greetings, Grate!

The last time you saw me, there were two things of note that happened - firstly, I was busy having a massive heart attack, and secondly, you inherited my pill machine! I'm sure the latter fact brings you no end of satisfaction, oh yes. Anyway, I am a robot now - it feels great! Comfortably numb on a whole new level, I say! But I digress.

What I am writing to you about is the pill machine - as you already know, it works when you put things in the hole - combinations of things, usually - and produces pills that substantially alter your body in some way! So, since you are currently the proud owner of the machine, I thought I would share my findings with you. There are few, but I'm sure my experience will come in handy for you.

Firstly, a gauss round placed in the machine grants the pill a property best described as metal that covers your arms. It is quite a bit less nifty than it sounds, really. Furthermore, adding Xeno Spit to the mixture creates a pill that makes you crazy, it seems! Well, my only subject was Xan, so that may be up for debate, but still. Adding a metal spoon results in what seems to be a helmet, fingernail clippings result in fingernail teeth, oddly enough, hair creates hair tentacles. That quiet lady's blood (which, as you recall, there is a lot of on the gangway) gave me palpitations and then a heart attack, and the sand seems to make people slower. Coffee also makes you crazy, but in a bit of a different way - it makes you jittery and unable to concentrate! And metal shavings cover you in metal dandruff. These are all the findings I obtained, and they might not be entirely accurate.

I do have to remind you to not under any circumstances try a mixture of ingredients that you have not tested on someone else beforehand - the results, as you can see, are somewhat unpredictable. Experiment as much as you can, but don't eat the pills yourself unless you're absolutely sure what they do!

Have fun,
Stacy Buttle, the Ambiguously Gay Robot.

Hopefully he will prove to be a most wonderful scientist!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19066 on: October 04, 2013, 06:01:08 am »

And I still think Lyra should wear clothes.))
((Um, she is. Just not pants. All pantses are clothes, but not all clothes are pantses.))
Now why would you care about clothing? You're completely covered in fur! No one can see your 6 nipples.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19067 on: October 04, 2013, 06:23:39 am »

"That crazy burny guy was okay, wasn't he? Well, as okay as he was before, at least. I just want to see what specific pills do."
Feyri thinks of pyromaniacs. Or organic entities who can survive in being mentally unstable, emotionally heretical, and combustion-oriented.
...Stacy?
"Erm, yes. He was ok. B-Anyway, just a note on those pills. Don't use things you don't understand--specifically, their mechanisms with how the body works. Think of it as you're only seeing the superficial part of the nutshell and not the nut itself. Whatever is inside is a solid substance composed of-" ...medically related is the technical term. "whatever it is intended to do. What I know is that it's encapsulated so that whatever changes it does will happen over time, slowly. If you however open the pill and try to...experiment on--something which I will not approve--the substance inside in its concentrated form, bad things usually happen." Xeno-chemicals. I shudder at what they put in those things despite common knowledge telling me that the periodic table of the early second millenium tells ninety five percent of all known composites in the universe.
"Where did you get that pill and who gave it to you?"
((He has the pill machine, actually.))
"The dancing guy gave it to me! Then he asked for it back, but now he gave it back to me!"

As Stacy ponders whether there's something he's forgotten, he realizes that he's left Grate his inheritance without providing any kind of instruction. This is not good! He writes out a wristpad message to the little tyke.

-snip-

Hopefully he will prove to be a most wonderful scientist!
Grate types back.
Quote from: Grate to Stacy
Thanks for the advice! I'll be sure to use it.

((Um, she is. Just not pants. All pantses are clothes, but not all clothes are pantses.))
Now why would you care about clothing? You're completely covered in fur! No one can see your 6 nipples.
((She still asked for clothes. I'm pretty sure she's wearing them...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19068 on: October 04, 2013, 06:34:08 am »

((She still asked for clothes. I'm pretty sure she's wearing them...))
((My point was, I was talking about what piecewise said about Lyra not needing clothes. I was stating my belief that even with fur Lyra should wear clothes because she's still human. I wasn't talking TO Lyra or telling her what to do. I've even edited my appearance notes of her's with the clothes, which by the way I need to make another pass on to correct a few mistakes.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19069 on: October 04, 2013, 06:38:26 am »

Stacy's heart was gladdened by Grate's enthusiasm - great to have the youth of today taking an interest in all the right things. This also reminds him of another thing he hasn't mentioned yet. He types out yet another message.

Great to hear such enthusiasm from you! I do remember one bit of advice I still have to give you about the machine, though - remember it well!

You see, even though we are one big, happy family here at the HMRC, I strongly advise against lending the pill machine to anyone further - its power is great and seductive, and you mustn't let others touch it! Some people may try to take it away from you if they find out you have it - do not listen to them! As long as you do not eat any unidentified pills yourself, you will be fine. At least, I think you will, unless there are some unforeseen side effects of long-term exposure to the device, but those are purely speculative and probably not very real at all. And the adults who might try to liberate the machine from your hands know even less about it than you do, so their judgment is suspect at best.

Be the best scientist you can be!
Stacy Buttle.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 07:47:38 am by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19070 on: October 04, 2013, 07:39:44 am »

(Miyamoto de Bergerac is the name of a character from the Warhammer 40k universe (I think) and not a combination of Cyrano de Bergerac and Miyamoto Musashi.)

((Per the wiki link, it appears the 40k name may indeed be a combination of the two.))

Anyway, I am a robot now - it feels great! Comfortably numb on a whole new level, I say!

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7EpSirtf_E

Also, are you compelled to do the robot now?))

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19071 on: October 04, 2013, 07:50:05 am »

Anyway, I am a robot now - it feels great! Comfortably numb on a whole new level, I say!

((https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7EpSirtf_E

Also, are you compelled to do the robot now?))

((I like to think that Stacy's dance moves are kind of like the robot already, owing largely due to the fact that he is made of whatever materials are cheap and available rather than quivering, shaking flesh.))

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19072 on: October 04, 2013, 07:59:11 am »

Quote from: to Doc
Can you teach me how to find them? And I some more training too after this.

Keep in the guard, getting ready to enter bullet time. Send message.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19073 on: October 04, 2013, 09:33:18 am »

((Really tropers, wtf?))
Spoiler: Here (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:39:51 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19074 on: October 04, 2013, 12:22:35 pm »

Stand around in cover , look out for anything hostile or suspicious

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19075 on: October 04, 2013, 12:37:41 pm »

((Really tropers, wtf?))
Spoiler: Here (click to show/hide)

((My name is Radio Controlled and I approve of this message.

But really, if you want stuff added, do it. It doesn't take long to make an account.

Hell, you know what? If you type up some stuff and post it here/pm it to me, I'll even put it on tvtropes for ya. I once started adding some stuff but haven't found the will for it since. But copy-pasting stuff for people too lazy/unwilling to make an account, I'm willing to do.

About the name: Miyamoto de Bergerac was Ciaphas Cain's fencing instructor in the 'Ciaphas Cain' novels by Sandy Mitchell, a series of books about an unorthodox Imperial Commissar in Warhammer 40k. He wasn't an actual character though, he just got a passing mention once or twice.
I can confirm that the name is indeed a mash up (Mitchell loves giving some hidden meaning or sneaking puns into his characters' names) of Miyamoto Musashi, a Japanese swordsman and writer from the 17th century, most notable for his book about marital arts and kenjutsu, The book of five rings.
'de Bergerac' comes from Cyrano de Bergerac, a French dramatist and duelist from the 17th century.

I chose this name because I like the sound of it and the stories behind them.

And no, the mix between French and Japanese is not weird, mister Pancaek. Hell, if it comes to weird character names I think a misspelled dessert ranks a lot higher, snugly between names of Aztec Death Gods and kitchen utensils.))
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 01:06:32 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19076 on: October 04, 2013, 02:22:50 pm »

Urban Executors are, in case you didn't know, the espionage branch of the UWM's military. They're assassins, spies, and bounty hunters, doing whatever it takes to execute the will of the government; and they are very good at it. They use Shade cloaks, a sort of full body suit which allows them to alter their appearance to look like virtually anyone, and have what is know as a "Changeling mask", a rather extreme type of implant that allows them to freely alter their facial appearance, even rather drastically.  They're chameleons, moving and blending as they go, trained to change their personalities at the drop of the hat and to mimic nearly perfectly.
((Lyra's nose and intuition bonus could prove critical this mission.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19077 on: October 04, 2013, 03:52:43 pm »

One of you bulkier folk go take the adhesive off that one's mouth. You may want to communicate with them.

Look around for witches commies terrorists besides ourselves bad guys. If I see any, fry them.
You don't see anyone...

Yeah, I'm not going down there... let me know if they need medical attention once the area is secure, I'll give you drone support from here.

Scout out this section of concourse with 3 of the drones, look for other oddities, sods, or spooks.

IF no one else approaches the men, also send one drone for a fly by of the men in the center.

[aux:3+1+1]
The drones circle around the room and the men, looking for anything out of the ordinary...well, more out of the ordinary then the current situation at least. The men are very tightly bunched together, tied up so that their backs are all facing each other and then wrapped with a cord around their chests to hold them that way. It seems odd to you that they'd be so tied up like this, that this small handful of men would be bound in the middle of the hall here. Who would do this, and why?

Ask Steve: "Any chance those UWM spooks could be captured with their brain intact enough for interrogation? Or do they have some sort of brain destroying suicide switch? Should we attempt to bring one back if we can find him?

Also, what's stopping them from taking a shuttle or rocket bike to the hangar?"

@Defense team: "Any of you want to go to the infirmary and ask some of those injured civilians if they know anything about what's going on in that hangar and the rest of the base?"
Can I get that info? Please? Pretty please?
>There's a chance, I guess, but they have life locks just like the sods. You'd have to keep them alive.

Mostly for visibility sake. If this is as bad as I'm guessing, we really don't want people moving around in the open.

"Ugh. I hate math. Right. Defense team, I'll head further in, and act as an advance warning if I see any sods. I'll radio when I find something."

Carefully continue my way into the complex, preferably down an unexplored passage. Examine claymore for any settings.

((Yay, advance recon duty! Mostly doing this to give advance warning to the defense team, and to reduce the time it takes to reinforce a squad if need be. Although, I have my doubts about my ability in a direct firefight I can most certainly act as a distraction.))
So you want to break away from the group and head off in a completely different direction?

Ask Steve: "Any chance those UWM spooks could be captured with their brain intact enough for interrogation? Or do they have some sort of brain destroying suicide switch? Should we attempt to bring one back if we can find him?

Also, what's stopping them from taking a shuttle or rocket bike to the hangar?

Oh, and could you ask one of the nurses to question those civilians in the infirmary for anything they know about that hangar and the UWM people? Since my fellow HMRC members seem to be ignoring me."

@Defense team: "Any of you want to go to the infirmary and ask some of those injured civilians if they know anything about what's going on in that hangar and the rest of the base?"
Can I get that info? Please? Pretty please?
STEPHEN HAWKING goes to the infirmary and asks some of those injured blah blah anything going in hanger base blah blah what the first guy said I'm pretty useless out here and nothings happening anyfuck. When questioning them be sure to inform them I am the famous STEPHEN HAWKING who invented painkillers. That should make them like me.

((Wow, the tvtropes page for this REALLY needs updated. Especially the characters section, it has Miyamoto blank, doesn't even mention our new catgirl or Grate or hell it doesn't even have NYARS on there. Really tropers, wtf?))
There are only two injured people who are actually conscious right now. They seem somewhat willing to listen to you until you bring up the hanger. Then they immediately clam up, very obviously nervous.

((Wow, the tvtropes page for this REALLY needs updated. Especially the characters section, it has Miyamoto blank, doesn't even mention our new catgirl or Grate or hell it doesn't even have NYARS on there. Really tropers, wtf?))
((We're all busy unlike a few people and this is me saying 'you guys do it thanks' because I'm really not in a good mood to delve into banal banter only in this certain time >_<
Oh, and because you said wtf as if you can't do it.
That irked me too.))

"DOC! YOU BEEN BREAKING THE ANTI-GENETIC'S LAWS AGAIN?" She shouts down the hall at the infirmary.

"I'LL ALTER THE DNA OF WHO I WANT, WHERE I WANT AND WHEN EVER I WANT TO. GET OFF MY BACK WOMAN!"
((...Also I knew the Doc would've done something to make it 'anatomically correct' :X Glad it is anatomically correct that none of anyone else would notice.
Glad I know Lyra is in sane and holistically good hands.))

Feyri looked at Lyra at the AM's note as Grate was petting her.

"Anti-genetics law?..Erm, that means if your DNA is changed then-..."
Ugh great. Please medicine. The only knowledge I got out of you is that the HMRC is a bad place to practice genetics.
"You're feeling ok, right? If so, why don't us three go patrol the Sword now that everything is mostly ok.

"Why were you asking for lab rats Grate? If you wanted to test pills on them, you..you might really just want to ask the one who distributed them, or is in charge of any device distributing them.

"Because that's just wrong to see untested and unprovenly safe 'pills' being put to use if so."

Get cameras of the MK visor replaced with Cameyes--also try to inquire, then buy if possible, if they can be modified to see or sense the use of amps.
Thats gonna cost the price of the cam eyes, plus 2 for the armory master's work. That ok?

As per modifying them to see the use of amps, they already can, kind of. Technically, human eyes can too. Hard to miss when something bursts into flames. But if you mean "see the space magic and trace it back to its origin" no, they can't do that.

Stay away form the clump of men, making sure I can keep an eye on the entire room/my team.
You, like most people it seems, stay the hell away from the men and just sort of stand there, looking around.

Thomas realized he still hadn't tried to see exactly what the stealth paint did, and what he would look like sprayed down with it. Though he really should be watching, his curiousity won out for a split second, and he glanced at his arm.
Examine arm of suit. How does it look? Does it shimmer or what? Then go back to look-out mode.
It's sorta like this:
http://scienceinseconds.com/cmsFiles/pageImages/invisibility-cloak_69.jpg
You're not invisible, but you're much less visible then before.
Feyri looked at Lyra at the AM's note as Grate was petting her.

"Anti-genetics law?..Erm, that means if your DNA is changed then-..."
"You're feeling ok, right? If so, why don't us three go patrol the Sword now that everything is mostly ok.

"Why were you asking for lab rats Grate? If you wanted to test pills on them, you..you might really just want to ask the one who distributed them, or is in charge of any device distributing them.

"Because that's just wrong to see untested and unprovenly safe 'pills' being put to use if so."

Get cameras of the MK visor replaced with Cameyes--also try to inquire, then buy if possible, if they can be modified to see or sense the use of amps.
Message the Lab
Quote from:  Lyra to Lab
I have two jars with tiny samples of probably medically useful venom. could you please tell me what effects it would have when injected? A cat will bring them to you soon.
then meow once, get up again, and take my sample jars to the lab. afterwards meander out to the hanger and gangway, and look around at how the place as been fortified. then after a few moments of looking around, and possibly interacting with anyone there, Hop up on top of the container castle or if there is a taller one, a large, elevated position, and lie down and sprawl myself out on top, where I'm hidden from the ground. turn one ear towards the gangway entry area, and the other towards my teammates, and lightly doze, alert to any odd sounds but otherwise resting.

("A cat will bring them to you soon." I can only imagine what sort of bizarre thoughts the R&D guys are thinking when someone tells them that and then something that is very clearly a half human, half cat hybrid comes and drops the samples off.)

You head outside and lay down on the boxes, listening for any incoming attacks. You are Lyra, psychic space cat.

Check the room that got blown up by the fire with the drone cameras.
[aux:2]
You forget how to turn the drone on and spend several minutes just staring at it.

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

"You're feeling ok, right? If so, why don't us three go patrol the Sword now that everything is mostly ok."
"Okay! That sounds like fun."
Jinx patrol. Join it after storing pill machine somewhere safe.
((We have lockers or something, right?))

"Why were you asking for lab rats Grate? If you wanted to test pills on them, you..you might really just want to ask the one who distributed them, or is in charge of any device distributing them. Because that's just wrong to see untested and unprovenly safe 'pills' being put to use if so."
"That crazy burny guy was okay, wasn't he? Well, as okay as he was before, at least. I just want to see what specific pills do."
You stuff your pill machine in your locker and then hang out with Feyri.

T. gives a grunt of surprise before checking out the unconscious people.

Boldly go where no man has before, which is up to the circle of unconscious and bound not-sods. After giving a once-over for explosives, and a twice over for things i'm not familiar with (re: Everything but explosives) Un-gag one and proceed to gently whistle, douse or slap them awake.

If the resultant person does not awaken, T. shrugs and moves on.
If the resultant person awakens, T. shrugs and moves back to allow someone else to question them.
If the resultant person dies, T. shrugs and continues to the next one.
[intuition: 6]
This isn't right. This is a trap. This is very clearly a trap. If someone is watching you right now, they could detonate that man bomb before you ever get close enough to see the explosives. Or maybe this isn't the trap. it's the bait to a larger trap? Maybe that was the plan, to scare everyone into inaction and then attack them while they're confused.

You back up and start hyperventilating.

Quote from: to Doc
Can you teach me how to find them? And I some more training too after this.

Keep in the guard, getting ready to enter bullet time. Send message.
They're smart and unfortunately well equipped to hide. Generally, the only real way to find them is to force them to make a move and then try to extrapolate where they are from that.

Beep Boop Guardbot.

Stand around in cover , look out for anything hostile or suspicious

Everything is suspicious, nothing is hostile as of yet.
"Who wants to go prod them?"

If no one volunteers, find something long to prod the unconscious men.

((XD at Her Doktor.)
You tear off a piece of decorative metal piping from a help desk. It's about 10 feet long. Seems like an adequate poke'n stick.

One of you bulkier folk go take the adhesive off that one's mouth. You may want to communicate with them.

Look around for witches commies terrorists besides ourselves bad guys. If I see any, fry them.

"Considering that they are both unconscious and very probably a trap of some kind, considering that who we're looking for pretty much specializes in unconventional warfare, I would say that is the worst idea ever! I propose we shoot one of them to check what's going on. Or... wait..."

Stacy quickly messages the other people on the other teams, who would presumably answer in a timely fashion.

Quote from: Stacy "Ambiguously Gay Robot" Buttle; to: Righteous Card-Themed Dudes Assaulting Shit And Whatnot
Greetings!

I am sure you don't remember me. I have a question for you lot - have you, by any chance, tied up and left a group of civilians sitting unconscious in a circle? We seem to have encountered such a thing in the complex, and it is most curious.

Love,
Stacy Buttle.

Send message to the other teams to make sure. In any case, dance well back from the bunch of tied-up people and warn others to do the same.
You moon walk away from the cluster of people and spin in place, grabbing at your crotch.

>Alright people, recent events have made it clear that we've got unknown participants in this conflict. Probably Urban Executors. Maybe a shadow walker. This is the opposite of good. New precautions must be taken.

Avoid windows if possible.

Beware teammates acting strangely or showing signs of physical or mental damage.

Do not trust Civilians or those that appear to be civilians.

Report any and all feelings of mental intrusion or feelings of physical sickness.

Assume all sods are under the control of men trained specifically to deal with you and situations like this. No matter what they're armed with, consider them an immediate and significant threat.

No communications except via radio. Do not speak.

Attempt to disguise who is in charge. Cycle who takes point and who takes rear. Leaders will be the first targets.

And Team leaders, I'm rescinding the ban on civilian casualties. It's damn clear they're gonna try to use that against us and we cannot let them get that sort of upper hand. Attempt, I repeat, attempt to minimize them. Do not kill unless you must, but if you must, do not hesitate.

Miyamoto, I want you in that control room now. Just punch your way up through the floors if you have to.

Jim, I don't care how you do it, but get to that ARES node. You've got the mental capacities for it.

And Joker team. It seems we're having a change of plans. Milno, it seems like you and your two squadmates are in the best possible position to go hunting for these bastards. They won't see you as a threat as long as you maintain your cover. Leave your position there and head for the top of the building. There should be routes available for you in the maintenance sectors. You're looking for anything out of place.

Be advised. The standard armament for a Shadow walker includes a LESHO rifle and there's a chance they're using nuclear tipped shells. We're on a not dying in a thermonuclear fireball timer here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19078 on: October 04, 2013, 03:58:02 pm »

((I'm just going to call now, for the record, that this whole revolution business is setting up the Theocracy of Steve, and that I'm willing to put an even odds bet on this.))

Snap out of it, and figure out how to operate the drone properly.  (dynamic bonus)  Ask steve if there is a reliable way to tell apart civvies from shadowwalkers, including shooting them.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19079 on: October 04, 2013, 04:02:08 pm »

Quote from: Jack Hansan to Steve
Roger that.

Quote from: Jack Hansan to investigation team
Stay close and keep as close together as possible. Be sure to keep and eye on those 'civilians' incase one or more are spooks. Copy?
Pages: 1 ... 1270 1271 [1272] 1273 1274 ... 2101