_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 [1273] 1274 1275 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686845 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19080 on: October 04, 2013, 04:17:45 pm »

-Home Party-

Quote from: Catgirl to Defenders still at ship and on guard
Let me smell anyone who wants to pass us before letting them through.
Quote from: Catgirl to Cyborg Samurai
Please guard me when I check people's scent. They may attack when they realize I'll catch imposters.
Await the lab's analysis, and make sure I'm hidden from below, glance about for elevated positions I might be exposed to, then return to lazily dozing and listening.
Help Astra climb up here with me.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 02:26:24 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19081 on: October 04, 2013, 04:46:00 pm »

Quote from: Xan -> Everyone on investigation team
Everyone back away from the tied up ones. Get behind cover if there is any. Someone talk to the tied, see if they know anything. If not, kill them.

Get behind something that would shield me from a bomb detonation. Teammates count. Make sure said object is at a safe distance.
Freeze the bombs the civvies are tied to.
Inspect teammates for evidence of Communism takeover.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:26:41 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19082 on: October 04, 2013, 04:47:03 pm »

Get back to sentry duty

Quote from: Astra to Lyra
Sorry I can't continue, need to get back to watching the cameras
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19083 on: October 04, 2013, 04:49:06 pm »

Charles remains in the ship, scouting the area using his turret's camera while preparing a speech to convince the Shadow Walkers and Urban Executors to surrender, or to confuse them.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 04:51:52 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19084 on: October 04, 2013, 04:50:14 pm »

As soon as Theodore heard the message from Steve he snapped to attention.  This is bad.  I'm not equipped for something like this.  Theodore did his best to shake those thoughts away, they were unprofessional, and he had a job to do.
Keep an eye out for anything suspicious.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19085 on: October 04, 2013, 04:52:06 pm »

Get back to sentry duty

Quote from: Astra to Lyra
Sorry I can't continue, need to get back to watching the cameras
Quote from: Lyra to Astra
Want help coming up here? There is good cover as long as you avoid the edges, and we could sit next to each other that way.
((at the end of the turn, I hopped up on top of the container castle.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19086 on: October 04, 2013, 05:18:47 pm »

Look for a direction where the other people aren't currently looking. Make sure to be staying way the hell away from the circle of hostages.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19087 on: October 04, 2013, 05:26:00 pm »

Split away from the group, and head carefully down a passage. If I feel at all strange in the head, jump into the void, and move two steps forward, and return to realspace. Repeat until I make visual contact with someone, or I encounter an object I can take cover behind. If visual contact is made with a hostile force, open fire. If they are civilian, estimate how far I'd need to go in voidspace to bypass them.

((Maxim 17: The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #19088 on: October 04, 2013, 07:05:13 pm »

(Wait... I just realized.  How long did it take the Doctor to rebuild Lyra?  It seems to me that the genetic treatment and surgery and rehabilitation all took place within the span of minutes at most.)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19089 on: October 04, 2013, 07:10:44 pm »

((Ok so we have guys who can more or less get all bodysnatcher on us, and pretend to be us, and probably the only person they can't do that to is Miyamoto, do to the fact hes a GODDAMN GUNDAM. Also said person is nowhere near the people who would likely be taken over :P.))

Quote from: STEPHEN HAWKING--> Defense team/Steve
Our guests freeze up about the hangar, should I continue interrogating or just punch their faces in?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19090 on: October 04, 2013, 08:04:26 pm »

(Wait... I just realized.  How long did it take the Doctor to rebuild Lyra?  It seems to me that the genetic treatment and surgery and rehabilitation all took place within the span of minutes at most.)
((about 6 turns? Doc works fast, but I actually was in the infirmary for a while. PW doesn't like to leave players sitting still doing nothing for weeks on end, which is what would have happened if he'd made the surgery take as long as it should have.))
((Ok so we have guys who can more or less get all bodysnatcher on us, and pretend to be us, and probably the only person they can't do that to is Miyamoto, do to the fact hes a GODDAMN GUNDAM. Also said person is nowhere near the people who would likely be taken over :P.))
((Xan, Lyra, Rennen, and the other... exotics... are probably pretty hard to imitate as well.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19091 on: October 04, 2013, 08:38:52 pm »

>Alright people, recent events have made it clear that we've got unknown participants in this conflict. Probably Urban Executors. Maybe a shadow walker. This is the opposite of good. New precautions must be taken.
[...]
Be advised. The standard armament for a Shadow walker includes a LESHO rifle and there's a chance they're using nuclear tipped shells. We're on a not dying in a thermonuclear fireball timer here.

Feyri asked the AM one more thing:
"About the Gungnir, it seems fallible to personal fire in close quarters, doesn't it? Do you have any additions you could add onto it for the remaining 3 tokens I have here? Like add-ons for extended range, or an infallible safety measure?

"Or if not, then would 3 tokens be enough to modify my visor in that it would show my...erm, a realistic simulacrum of how I looked when I was..well, 'alive'? I'm pretty sure that the artificial liquids holding my..my brain won't last as long as I originally would have."
Feyri said, expecting a snarky or half-attended reply.

On the matter of said enemies, she wondered on how people would exactly attain invisibility. Light distortion or probably in addition, a heat signature dissipation system? That level of technology would be very costly and important on a person, but given the obviousness of how the body works--in lieu of muscle coordination, she ruled out the probability of superfastspeed.

"What is your advice against enemy amp users-any precautionary defenses other than killing them before they can work their amps? Is there a way to override and subvert or divert the effect of their amp?"

Inquire and hopefully get all questions answered.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel: Reply
Hiya Lyra!

...I don't think I give off any smell whatsoever, and any noise I make is normally the same as I...would've before, just a bit more metallic.

..Also, hopefully you know my mannerisms now that you can't discern me from not an imposter, right? Because Nobody can willingly impersonate me.

Resort to PM'ing Piecewise on probable dialog because time constrains also Hi Lyra here's your response.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 04:56:58 am by Tiruin »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19092 on: October 04, 2013, 09:53:21 pm »

((OTHER THREAD MEMBERS ATTENTION GET))
((We should probably all put something at the start of our posts to help out PW. Please add something like:))
-Away Party- or -Home Party-
((Doesn't have to be the exact same, but it'll probably make it a bit easier for him to clear up the distinction, seeing as usually there's separate threads for this))

-Away Party-

T. listens attentively as Steve's voice crackles over the radio. Heh. No talking. Child's play.
He raises a hand in the universal symbol of "Hold up and watch what I do next". He holds up two fingers and points to himself, as if to say I'm leader for the next two minutes then points the same two fingers to his faceplate and back towards the bound humans, before raising a finger-gun and pointing, translating easily to "Keep eyes and guns on these people until we know for sure what they're up to".

He then proceeds to make a simple test of their consciousness.

Pretend to throw a grenade at the bound unknowns in the center to see if any explode into action. If no action happens, retrieve whatever I threw Probably bottle-rockets or an actual un-armed grenade if I happen to have one and cautiously continue out towards the hangar to look around.

Quote from: The Arsonist |>| Steve
1. Panic.button?
2. How.to.identify.UE?
3. Blacktop.Hangar-Neutralize?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:46:52 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19093 on: October 04, 2013, 10:18:05 pm »

Hiya Lyra!

...I don't think I give off any smell whatsoever, and any noise I make is normally the same as I...would've before, just a bit more metallic.

..Also, hopefully you know my mannerisms now that you can't discern me from not an imposter, right? Because Nobody can willingly impersonate me.
Quote from: Lyra Arden to Feyri Nirel
:3

That's actually part of why I want a chance to smell people. If "you" smell like someone biological, then I'll know something's wrong.

And I do know your mannerisms pretty well too.
((That's a neat little trick you did with the quote there. I'm going to remember that.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19094 on: October 04, 2013, 10:34:29 pm »

Beware teammates acting strangely or showing signs of physical or mental damage.
((Shouldn't that be "or are acting like normal people"? This is the HMRC, after all...))

And Team leaders, I'm rescinding the ban on civilian casualties. It's damn clear they're gonna try to use that against us and we cannot let them get that sort of upper hand. Attempt, I repeat, attempt to minimize them. Do not kill unless you must, but if you must, do not hesitate.
((Hm...on one hand, Steve probably isn't intentionally betraying us, but on the other...well, I have to wonder if there might be a spy in our midst. Possibly some other part of Steve.))

((Xan, Lyra, Rennen, and the other... exotics... are probably pretty hard to imitate as well.))
((It sounded like mind control to me...))

Be advised. The standard armament for a Shadow walker includes a LESHO rifle and there's a chance they're using nuclear tipped shells. We're on a not dying in a thermonuclear fireball timer here.
"Miss--" Grate covers his mouth, embarrassed.

Quote from: Grate -> Feyri
Miss Feyri, what's a leshow rifle?

((That's a neat little trick you did with the quote there. I'm going to remember that.))
((What trick, the one where she changed the name in the quote? Not so special. I just spontaneously decided to do it here.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 1271 1272 [1273] 1274 1275 ... 2101