_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5722750 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19095 on: October 04, 2013, 11:08:22 pm »

Quote from: Denzel to All
Can we agree to a buddy system and regular check-ins? It should at least make it harder for them if we travel in pairs.

Stay out of the room with the men. If I find someone, move a bit more towards the hanger, consistently on my guard.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19096 on: October 04, 2013, 11:29:33 pm »

Quote from: Grate to All
I call Miss Feyri!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19097 on: October 05, 2013, 02:10:04 am »

Get back to sentry duty

Quote from: Astra to Lyra
Sorry I can't continue, need to get back to watching the cameras
Quote from: Lyra to Astra
Want help coming up here? There is good cover as long as you avoid the edges, and we could sit next to each other that way.
((at the end of the turn, I hopped up on top of the container castle.))

Quote from: Astra to Lyra
Sure, I have been using cameras on the other side of the doorway, you use amps right? it could work for you as well
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19098 on: October 05, 2013, 02:27:01 am »

((Action Edited to include helping Astra climb up))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19099 on: October 05, 2013, 02:48:21 am »

Climb up
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19100 on: October 05, 2013, 04:10:37 am »

-Away Team-

Why do I get the feeling that we have been upgraded from 'less bored than the dock' to 'suicide mission'. Steve, we are to keep moving for the missing hanger, correct? We seem to know what came in on it, is it still a high-value target for us?

We need to make sure that pile of civies is not a trap and keep moving. As much as it pains me to agree with Xan in this case... killing them may be our best and fastest option. If there's an executor about, we'd be leaving live weapons behind us.

Ask Steve quick question, use one drone to attempt to medically examine the civies to the best of the poor drone's abilities.

Prepare 3 drones to attack anything hostile that results from my action or the fake grenade.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19101 on: October 05, 2013, 04:12:27 am »

Finally, a sensible meatsack.

((Discount this if Xan wouldn't be able to hear it.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19102 on: October 05, 2013, 04:20:23 am »

quick question.

((Comms are very likely being traced. Watch your words))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19103 on: October 05, 2013, 04:29:07 am »

Sensible... yes. Unfortunate, also yes, but it may be them or... well, all of us. If they're part of an Executor's game, they're already dead, so it falls to us to not die with them.

... May the gods forgive what we are about to do.

(( I'll say if I'm restricting who can hear the radio, usually with a quote.

And right now I'm trusting the radio to be secure, because otherwise we'll be reduced to a pile of meta-gamers, or spending way too long trying to trick something that is, in theory, way better at that sort of game than we are :P
Steve also didn't say 'limit comms', just 'limit to radio', so I'm trusting it as secure. For now.))

(( Speaking of, PW, does it go without saying that we will follow Steve's comms instructions without being specific about it? He said 'Radio Only, No talking' which I interpret as either 'radio-text only' or 'radio speech, no ext. speakers'. Either way, unless I'm intentionally breaking that request, I'd like to not have to say how we're talking XD ))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 04:33:38 am by Kriellya »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19104 on: October 05, 2013, 04:52:59 am »

Quote from: Feyri Nirel =0-= Defense Team Channel
Every word you see here is confidential and shared only between those I trust--you people.

Keep the banalities on radio chatter. Give out fake coordinates and triangulations when you know it is right to do so. If the enemy is tracking signal waves like such, I'm pretty sure that they can also track coded signals. But paranoia aside, the only safe route is via wristpad texting.
Feyri flexed her left hand. It was time Mr Lefty got more work. She loved being ambidextrous.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel =0-= Defense Team Channel
Now, as far as my knowledge on electronics goes, chatter on radio would incite that nobody else knows what's going on--that we don't know we're being watched--hence I say to please keep the trivial words OUT OF YOUR TEXT and INTO YOUR TONGUES.

It at least keeps people talking. Say anything, really, lest they suspect the lesser frequencies.

Miss Feyri, what's a leshow rifle?
"This LESHO rifle," Feyri gestures towards the AM's weaponry rack, "is best used from a distance, usually about fifty or so yards from your position regardless of open or narrow ground in between you and your target..that is only if no friendlies are in the same radius. It carries a single shell, modified and structured to be artificially controlled and manually guided over indistinct ranges, moving up to over two miles from the firing position. Think of it as indirect artillery-I heard you played Advance Wars back on the colony?

"Anyway, said rifle could be modified to carry a targeting system-something ratified in that all rifles of the same configuration now carry one for precision targeting and for the rocket to hit where the shooter is aiming at. So it works only in direct line of sight given how the targeting system is configured. Now, I'm unsure if this precludes any sort of atmospheric interference in between the shooter and the target, or on what kind of point of sight is used to mark the target.

"And I'll suppose you read the details on this beauty. It carries one shot and must be manually reloaded after firing; firing a quarter of a kiloton of explosive ammunition. Which means the blast radius is...quite large. Beware of open ground and spotters in the distance. That's what I'll ensure, anyway. Given-"

She tapped her visor.

I'd really be amused if anyone who didn't know the context thought I was appreciating a weapon I wish I had or that I had a way of passive-aggressively issuing threats. Heh.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19105 on: October 05, 2013, 05:56:37 am »

...the only safe route is via wristpad texting...
((Wristpad texting? When the (potentially invisible) enemy can see what you're typing just by looking at your wrist? I know you cyborgs can mindtext but you have to consider us poor organics too that have to write stuff manually.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19106 on: October 05, 2013, 06:38:18 am »

((Wristpad texting? When the (potentially invisible) enemy can see what you're typing just by looking at your wrist? I know you cyborgs can mindtext but you have to consider us poor organics too that have to write stuff manually.))
((To look at your wristpad they have to be in your head or behind you. To listen to your words they can be anywhere.

Also @Kriellya, It's going to be difficult to avoid metagaming, because either Feyri (The only one who was privvy to mission 5) tells us exactly how terrifying these guys are without having her chatter picked up, or we all go in blind thinking they're like normal spies.))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 06:41:56 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19107 on: October 05, 2013, 06:55:28 am »

((To look at your wristpad they have to be in your head or behind you. To listen to your words they can be anywhere.))
((Listen to the words said inside an environmentally sealed spacesuit that needs to have its external speakers manually activated? That would mean that our signals are monitored which would mean all of our methods of communication are compromised.
Also, depending on how well trained those guys are, they could guess what you're typing from where you position your fingers. Or just hide somewhere and watch you from above.

You should ask Steve about that shutdown code he mentioned in the serial killer mission. Considering these have not gone rogue, the code might work, disabling some of their equipment.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19108 on: October 05, 2013, 06:57:25 am »

((shutdown code))
((Now That is some brilliant thinking. What window would it give us though?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19109 on: October 05, 2013, 07:33:56 am »

((shutdown code))
((Now That is some brilliant thinking. What window would it give us though?))
Go to the house where Thrak is and look for anything that can be used as a weapon.

After getting a weapon, go back to where Milno is and try to find a way to unmask the assassin again. Ask the mothership:

Hum...Anyone in the mothership, can you tell me why we don't have any suit with the same ability to camouflage? We don't have any of the disguise equipment that this guy has. The creators of this equipment also must have created a way to block the camouflage abilities or find out where their agent is. Can't you tell us? If we retrieve his equipments, is there a possibility we can keep them?
You wander back into the first home and look around for a weapon. The closest thing you can find on the ground floor is breaking off one of the metal legs of the pingpong table.
[str:5]
You pry the table leg off and give your new club a few swings before heading back out where milno is lazing around.

>Why you don't have an extremely expensive piece of equipment? I'm gonna go with the fact that you're a bunch of idiots and disposable convicts. You could still get one, you'd just have to ask the armory master for it.  As per a safety measure, of course there was one. Normally they can be shutdown via a remote signal, a signal we've sent several times. We can only assume he modified his suit in such a way as to not accept the signal before he went AWOL.

As per keeping his stuff...it would have to be unmodified but after that, sure.

((I you get it, I recommend using it with thrift since if they're smart enough they could just modify theirs to ignore the signal the moment they know you've got it.))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 07:37:02 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 2101