Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

 _

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am


Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 3518627 times)

Tack

  • Bay Watcher
  • Celebrating one decade of existential crisis.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19110 on: October 05, 2013, 08:04:05 am »

((Ergo what I asked before: What Window we'd get - As in amount of time before they overrode it...))
Logged
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

Caellath

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19111 on: October 05, 2013, 08:52:29 am »

((I suspect only their "handlers" would have the codes. However, if Steve's able to send them codes anyway, he could try to brute force his way into deactivating them.))
Logged
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tack

  • Bay Watcher
  • Celebrating one decade of existential crisis.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19112 on: October 05, 2013, 09:31:33 am »

((I'll leave those questions in Milno's capable hands. What with being on the manhunt and all))
Logged
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Bay 12 Blood Bowl I apparently host now.

Sean Mirrsen

  • Bay Watcher
  • Resident GM
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19113 on: October 05, 2013, 11:09:55 am »

"Чёрт. That sounds bad." Anton vocalizes his thought by habit, but immediately stops himself from speaking further, deciding to clarify with Steve.

Quote from: text message to Steve
Does "do not speak" mean "at all" or "out loud"? Radio is still kind of a vocal thing.

Also, if I asked who the Urban Executors and Shadow Walkers are, would I regret it?

Remain hidden behind crates. Get a mapping drone from my pack (one of the four I dismantled from the MPV) and manually fly it over our battlements and towards the walls of the compound, using its camera feed to watch for anyone and anything that could be watching us from there. Keep the drone's mapping sensors active, to perhaps confuse any special vision modes the enemy may have.

Knight Otu

  • Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: The first death.
« Reply #19114 on: October 05, 2013, 11:33:11 am »

-Home Team-

Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to everyone on the Defense team
Buddy system sounds good. I'm kind of alone in front here, so I'm coming back to the rest.

Back away to the rest of the team. Be puzzled at the team having a cat girl, but allow her to do her thing if she thinks it's necessary.

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.


Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Logged
Direforged Mod v1.3b for 0.43.05 (Updated Dec 28th 2016)
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations for 0.42.06 (Updated Mar 27th 2016)
Castle Otu

Pancaek

  • Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19115 on: October 05, 2013, 12:11:41 pm »

-gangway-
Pan reads feyri's message

"So, we can say all the inane stuff we want, but the things that count have to be typed."
"Should be easy for you, you never have anything important to say anyway."


Keep in cover and look around, be as still as possible. See if there is a way to turn of the emoticon display on my face.
Logged

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19116 on: October 05, 2013, 03:34:04 pm »



((I'm just going to call now, for the record, that this whole revolution business is setting up the Theocracy of Steve, and that I'm willing to put an even odds bet on this.))

Snap out of it, and figure out how to operate the drone properly.  (dynamic bonus)  Ask steve if there is a reliable way to tell apart civvies from shadowwalkers, including shooting them.

>Urban Executors can be told apart from civies by trying to remove their clothing. They use a shade cloak, which mimics the appearance of clothing but can be discovered by touch. The shadow walker is much the same, but he's not gonna be in there with you. He's gonna be off somewhere looking through a scope at you.

(BRAIN CHARGE BEGIN!)


-Home Party-

Quote from: Catgirl to Defenders still at ship and on guard
Let me smell anyone who wants to pass us before letting them through.
Quote from: Catgirl to Cyborg Samurai
Please guard me when I check people's scent. They may attack when they realize I'll catch imposters.
Await the lab's analysis, and make sure I'm hidden from below, glance about for elevated positions I might be exposed to, then return to lazily dozing and listening.
Help Astra climb up here with me.
You're hidden from below but you're sitting on top of a box, on top of a gangway with a building covered in windows looking down on you. You're pretty damn exposed.


Quote from: Xan -> Everyone on investigation team
Everyone back away from the tied up ones. Get behind cover if there is any. Someone talk to the tied, see if they know anything. If not, kill them.

Get behind something that would shield me from a bomb detonation. Teammates count. Make sure said object is at a safe distance.
Freeze the bombs the civvies are tied to.
Inspect teammates for evidence of Communism takeover.

You duck behind a metal support beam.

[exo:+1+1+1]
You cause a small amount of frost to form on the men. You have all the power of a chilly winter morning!


Get back to sentry duty

Quote from: Astra to Lyra
Sorry I can't continue, need to get back to watching the cameras
You sit and watch the cameras. They get some great footage of Miyamoto blowing the holy hell out of a building in the distance. Neato.


Charles remains in the ship, scouting the area using his turret's camera while preparing a speech to convince the Shadow Walkers and Urban Executors to surrender, or to confuse them.

Not sure you're gonna be able to speech roll them into stopping.


As soon as Theodore heard the message from Steve he snapped to attention.  This is bad.  I'm not equipped for something like this.  Theodore did his best to shake those thoughts away, they were unprofessional, and he had a job to do.
Keep an eye out for anything suspicious.

That human cat thing is pretty weird. But you're fairly sure that the UWM special forces aren't recruiting from thundercats, so you're probably fine.


Probably.
Look for a direction where the other people aren't currently looking. Make sure to be staying way the hell away from the circle of hostages.
You proceed to stare directly upwards, then straight at your feet, then run around and stare at Xan's back .

This doesn't help very much. But it is pretty groovy.

Split away from the group, and head carefully down a passage. If I feel at all strange in the head, jump into the void, and move two steps forward, and return to realspace. Repeat until I make visual contact with someone, or I encounter an object I can take cover behind. If visual contact is made with a hostile force, open fire. If they are civilian, estimate how far I'd need to go in voidspace to bypass them.

((Maxim 17: The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.))
You immediately turn and run away from your group, sprinting up a side path and then into a connecting room. You end up sprinting directly into a supply room and crashing through several shelves of cleaning products before turning around and heading back out into the hall.

Maybe you should tell steve what you're doing. Might be faster to get directions then to wander aimlessly.




>Alright people, recent events have made it clear that we've got unknown participants in this conflict. Probably Urban Executors. Maybe a shadow walker. This is the opposite of good. New precautions must be taken.
[...]
Be advised. The standard armament for a Shadow walker includes a LESHO rifle and there's a chance they're using nuclear tipped shells. We're on a not dying in a thermonuclear fireball timer here.

Feyri asked the AM one more thing:
"About the Gungnir, it seems fallible to personal fire in close quarters, doesn't it? Do you have any additions you could add onto it for the remaining 3 tokens I have here? Like add-ons for extended range, or an infallible safety measure?

"Or if not, then would 3 tokens be enough to modify my visor in that it would show my...erm, a realistic simulacrum of how I looked when I was..well, 'alive'? I'm pretty sure that the artificial liquids holding my..my brain won't last as long as I originally would have."
Feyri said, expecting a snarky or half-attended reply.

On the matter of said enemies, she wondered on how people would exactly attain invisibility. Light distortion or probably in addition, a heat signature dissipation system? That level of technology would be very costly and important on a person, but given the obviousness of how the body works--in lieu of muscle coordination, she ruled out the probability of superfastspeed.

"What is your advice against enemy amp users-any precautionary defenses other than killing them before they can work their amps? Is there a way to override and subvert or divert the effect of their amp?"

Inquire and hopefully get all questions answered.

Let me smell anyone who wants to pass us before letting them through.
Quote from: Feyri Nirel: Reply
Hiya Lyra!

...I don't think I give off any smell whatsoever, and any noise I make is normally the same as I...would've before, just a bit more metallic.

..Also, hopefully you know my mannerisms now that you can't discern me from not an imposter, right? Because Nobody can willingly impersonate me.

Resort to PM'ing Piecewise on probable dialog because time constrains also Hi Lyra here's your response.

"By failure in close quarters I assume you're alluding to the fact that you're afraid you're accidentally gonna fry yourself again? That shouldn't be a problem unless you literally point the laser at yourself and fire. And I don't really know of anything that can help you not do that, aside from, say, mental treatment or a crash course in firearm safety."

"We could get a physical prosthetic going. Might be a little uncanny, but it's pretty cheap."

"Stay out of sight, move quickly, Identify the user and then kill them. Preferably via ambush."



((OTHER THREAD MEMBERS ATTENTION GET))
((We should probably all put something at the start of our posts to help out PW. Please add something like:))
-Away Party- or -Home Party-
((Doesn't have to be the exact same, but it'll probably make it a bit easier for him to clear up the distinction, seeing as usually there's separate threads for this))


-Away Party-

T. listens attentively as Steve's voice crackles over the radio. Heh. No talking. Child's play.
He raises a hand in the universal symbol of "Hold up and watch what I do next". He holds up two fingers and points to himself, as if to say I'm leader for the next two minutes then points the same two fingers to his faceplate and back towards the bound humans, before raising a finger-gun and pointing, translating easily to "Keep eyes and guns on these people until we know for sure what they're up to".

He then proceeds to make a simple test of their consciousness.

Pretend to throw a grenade at the bound unknowns in the center to see if any explode into action. If no action happens, retrieve whatever I threw Probably bottle-rockets or an actual un-armed grenade if I happen to have one and cautiously continue out towards the hangar to look around.

Quote from: The Arsonist |>| Steve
1. Panic.button?
2. How.to.identify.UE?
3. Blacktop.Hangar-Neutralize?
Your attempt to Trick the men into waking up doesn't seem very effective. None of them even twitch. You shrug and walk over toward them.

[hidden roll]

You pick up the fake grenade and stow it before telling your teammates to follow you. They all seem a bit too spooked to move forward so you just stand around and tap your foot.


Quote from: Denzel to All
Can we agree to a buddy system and regular check-ins? It should at least make it harder for them if we travel in pairs.

Stay out of the room with the men. If I find someone, move a bit more towards the hanger, consistently on my guard.
You scoot around the room as far from the bound men as possible until you join up with Teal and wait for the rest of the group.


Climb up
You climb up. Huh.  That was easy.

-Away Team-

Why do I get the feeling that we have been upgraded from 'less bored than the dock' to 'suicide mission'. Steve, we are to keep moving for the missing hanger, correct? We seem to know what came in on it, is it still a high-value target for us?

We need to make sure that pile of civies is not a trap and keep moving. As much as it pains me to agree with Xan in this case... killing them may be our best and fastest option. If there's an executor about, we'd be leaving live weapons behind us.


Ask Steve quick question, use one drone to attempt to medically examine the civies to the best of the poor drone's abilities.

Prepare 3 drones to attack anything hostile that results from my action or the fake grenade.


>Yes. If you can get on the blackship there might be info that will let us hunt these bastards easier. Plus it will prevent them from signalling that the base is under attack and drawing in reinforcements quicker. Well, quicker still being months at best but hey, might as well give ourselves as much time as we can.


[aux:3+1]
The drone goes over and gives the men a quick looking over. They appear to be unharmed, at least as far as you can see. You're no doctor but at least there aren't any big freaking bullet holes or bleeding wounds or anything.


Sensible... yes. Unfortunate, also yes, but it may be them or... well, all of us. If they're part of an Executor's game, they're already dead, so it falls to us to not die with them.

... May the gods forgive what we are about to do.


(( I'll say if I'm restricting who can hear the radio, usually with a quote.

And right now I'm trusting the radio to be secure, because otherwise we'll be reduced to a pile of meta-gamers, or spending way too long trying to trick something that is, in theory, way better at that sort of game than we are :P
Steve also didn't say 'limit comms', just 'limit to radio', so I'm trusting it as secure. For now.))

(( Speaking of, PW, does it go without saying that we will follow Steve's comms instructions without being specific about it? He said 'Radio Only, No talking' which I interpret as either 'radio-text only' or 'radio speech, no ext. speakers'. Either way, unless I'm intentionally breaking that request, I'd like to not have to say how we're talking XD ))
Yeah, it's no external speakers. Coms are fine. They're encoded.


"Чёрт. That sounds bad." Anton vocalizes his thought by habit, but immediately stops himself from speaking further, deciding to clarify with Steve.

Quote from: text message to Steve
Does "do not speak" mean "at all" or "out loud"? Radio is still kind of a vocal thing.

Also, if I asked who the Urban Executors and Shadow Walkers are, would I regret it?

Remain hidden behind crates. Get a mapping drone from my pack (one of the four I dismantled from the MPV) and manually fly it over our battlements and towards the walls of the compound, using its camera feed to watch for anyone and anything that could be watching us from there. Keep the drone's mapping sensors active, to perhaps confuse any special vision modes the enemy may have.

The drone zips around autonomously but you don't see anything which screams "I'm a disguised murderer" or even "I'm a very obvious sod".

>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.



-Home Team-

Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to everyone on the Defense team
Buddy system sounds good. I'm kind of alone in front here, so I'm coming back to the rest.

Back away to the rest of the team. Be puzzled at the team having a cat girl, but allow her to do her thing if she thinks it's necessary.

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.


Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

You make sure to stay a good distance away from anyone else on your team. Though you do sort of feel like petting the cat girl...
-gangway-
Pan reads feyri's message

"So, we can say all the inane stuff we want, but the things that count have to be typed."
"Should be easy for you, you never have anything important to say anyway."


Keep in cover and look around, be as still as possible. See if there is a way to turn of the emoticon display on my face.
Yeah, you can flip a switch to turn it off if you want.

Tavik Toth

  • Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19117 on: October 05, 2013, 03:39:39 pm »

-Action changed below.-
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 03:56:46 pm by Tavik Toth »
Logged

Tsuchigumo550

  • Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19118 on: October 05, 2013, 03:47:52 pm »

((Oh god I'm gone for friday/saturday and not even a single idea of what's going on I hope I'm alive aaah))
-Away team? I'm investigating the missing hangar.-
Take cover. Stick with people. If it looks like we're under attack, coordinate between-cover dashes away from danger.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 01:08:56 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
Logged
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Knight Otu

  • Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19119 on: October 05, 2013, 03:49:29 pm »

-Home Team-

Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to everyone on the Defense team
Buddy system sounds good. I'm kind of alone in front here, so I'm coming back to the rest.

Back away to the rest of the team. Be puzzled at the team having a cat girl, but allow her to do her thing if she thinks it's necessary.

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.


Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

You make sure to stay a good distance away from anyone else on your team. Though you do sort of feel like petting the cat girl...

((To the rest of the team. Not from the rest of the team. Unless...))
-Home Team-

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though. Also, try to listen within for any hints of mind control, whatever those may be.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Logged
Direforged Mod v1.3b for 0.43.05 (Updated Dec 28th 2016)
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations for 0.42.06 (Updated Mar 27th 2016)
Castle Otu

Harry Baldman

  • Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19120 on: October 05, 2013, 03:55:37 pm »

Go Away Team!

Head for the hangar - since I do not have an amp or FM, I cannot successfully genocide my way out of this mission. Insist that I go first, dance all the way there. Hope that whatever these spooky dudes are planning, they have not provided for dancing robots within their plots.

Quote from: Stacy Buttle; to: Away Team
Greetings and salutations, Away Team!

I am Stacy Buttle, also known as the Ambiguously Gay Dancing Robot. I will be leading the way to the hangar if anybody wishes to follow - there is no point in lingering in front of these hostages, as I am sure it will be safer if we allow someone else to genocide them privately. You do not want to be next to genocide in progress. Last time I was, I got a terrible sunburn and my leg was pierced by flying ice afterwards.

Love, Stacy Buttle.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 04:09:12 pm by Harry Baldman »
Logged

Tavik Toth

  • Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19121 on: October 05, 2013, 03:58:19 pm »

Use intuition to figure out if this is a trap and if the civilians are both bait and/or executors and if there could be any nearby. If intuition figures out if any of the above are most likely (ie civilians are UE's) take katana out. Kill civilians if they are figured to be most likely UE's. Cover Stacy instead if none are likely.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 04:07:44 pm by Tavik Toth »
Logged

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19122 on: October 05, 2013, 03:59:24 pm »

Continue following Ms. Feyri, mentally going over my options for what I could do if something attacked us and we had to fight. (I really hope I forgot something, because I can't think of anything at the moment.)
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

wolfchild

  • Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19123 on: October 05, 2013, 04:04:45 pm »

----Home team----

Continue being buddy's with Lyra (budy system is a good idea), continue looking threough cameras for Sods, or handlers
Logged
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

kisame12794

  • Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19124 on: October 05, 2013, 04:45:51 pm »

"Dammit, I need more info on how distance works in the void."

Grab a random cleaning supply, enter the void and drop it at my feet to mark the location. Then walk back to the gangway through voidspace, exit and head for the armory. See if she has any measuring tapes, meter sticks, or other measuring devices, and aquire two of the same device, as well as a can of spray paint. Head to the Swords' hangar and mark my start point in realspace, enter voidspace, mark start point with paint, and measure one meter, mark it and exit. Mark exit in realspace, and measure between the start point and exit point. Repeat process, but measure two meters in voidspace.

((Sorry about the complex action, but I need that info to plan my next moves to be able to take full advantage of my suit.))
Logged
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 1273 1274 [1275] 1276 1277 ... 2101