_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733586 times)

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19185 on: October 07, 2013, 11:13:23 am »

Keep reading the assassin's book where I stopped, protect the kitty cat.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19186 on: October 07, 2013, 11:56:16 am »

((Oh god I'm gone for friday/saturday and not even a single idea of what's going on I hope I'm alive aaah))
-Away team? I'm investigating the missing hangar.-
Take cover. Stick with people. If it looks like we're under attack, coordinate between-cover dashes away from danger.
You run over and join up with Teal, who is casually flicking a lighter and looking meaningfully at his bottle rockets.

-Home Team-

Quote from: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos; to everyone on the Defense team
Buddy system sounds good. I'm kind of alone in front here, so I'm coming back to the rest.

Back away to the rest of the team. Be puzzled at the team having a cat girl, but allow her to do her thing if she thinks it's necessary.

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)

You make sure to stay a good distance away from anyone else on your team. Though you do sort of feel like petting the cat girl...

((To the rest of the team. Not from the rest of the team. Unless...))
-Home Team-

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though. Also, try to listen within for any hints of mind control, whatever those may be.

Listen for hints of mind control? Like someone going WOO WOO WOO WOO WOO and wiggling their fingers as they control your teammates? That would be helpful, wouldn't it?

You stay a bit away from your team but not too far. Just outside of "sneak up on and stab" distance. The most intimate of distances in the HMRC.
Go Away Team!

Head for the hangar - since I do not have an amp or FM, I cannot successfully genocide my way out of this mission. Insist that I go first, dance all the way there. Hope that whatever these spooky dudes are planning, they have not provided for dancing robots within their plots.

Quote from: Stacy Buttle; to: Away Team
Greetings and salutations, Away Team!

I am Stacy Buttle, also known as the Ambiguously Gay Dancing Robot. I will be leading the way to the hangar if anybody wishes to follow - there is no point in lingering in front of these hostages, as I am sure it will be safer if we allow someone else to genocide them privately. You do not want to be next to genocide in progress. Last time I was, I got a terrible sunburn and my leg was pierced by flying ice afterwards.

Love, Stacy Buttle.
You flash dance your way forward, waving jazz hands back at the people behind you.

Use intuition to figure out if this is a trap and if the civilians are both bait and/or executors and if there could be any nearby. If intuition figures out if any of the above are most likely (ie civilians are UE's) take katana out. Kill civilians if they are figured to be most likely UE's. Cover Stacy instead if none are likely.
[intuition:1+1]
"Doho, who knows, do ho ho"

You go follow Stacy as he flash dances away.

Continue following Ms. Feyri, mentally going over my options for what I could do if something attacked us and we had to fight. (I really hope I forgot something, because I can't think of anything at the moment.)
Your options I believe include "Look non-treatening" and "attempt to convenience the enemy that you're merely a decorative art installation."

----Home team----

Continue being buddy's with Lyra (budy system is a good idea), continue looking threough cameras for Sods, or handlers
Pet the kitty Pet the kitty Look through the cameras Pet the kitty.

"Dammit, I need more info on how distance works in the void."

Grab a random cleaning supply, enter the void and drop it at my feet to mark the location. Then walk back to the gangway through voidspace, exit and head for the armory. See if she has any measuring tapes, meter sticks, or other measuring devices, and aquire two of the same device, as well as a can of spray paint. Head to the Swords' hangar and mark my start point in realspace, enter voidspace, mark start point with paint, and measure one meter, mark it and exit. Mark exit in realspace, and measure between the start point and exit point. Repeat process, but measure two meters in voidspace.

((Sorry about the complex action, but I need that info to plan my next moves to be able to take full advantage of my suit.))

You enter voidspace, drop your marker and walk back to the marker that shows where the gangway is. When you pop back in you notice something disturbing. You're a good 20 feet or more off of where you should be, where you placed the gangway marker originally. You enter voidspace and check. Yeah, you exited right where the thing is...You exit again. This is troubling.

(( Must... not... metagame... bloody hidden rolls XD ))

--Away Team--

Mrr... alright, let's get moving... I'm going to leave a drone here to watch the concourse, unless someone wants to blow them up and save us the trouble.

Set 1 drone to watch the men and the concourse from the way to the hanger, assuming no one kills them all.

If most of the away-team is moving on to the hanger, take point and scout ahead with the drones. Make sure to keep an eye on the drone camera watching the men.

You set a drone down on the ground near the men and follow along with stacy, resisting the urge to break into dance  as well.
Quote from: Xan->Away Team
If no objections I'll kill them. No use leaving them lying where they could ambush us.

If no one objects, fry the brains of the hostages into soup, then follow along very carefully. Stay at the beck of the group and try to intuit if anyone's a dirty traitor.

>Nope. First, you can't control yourself very well. Second, you don't know if those men are actually dangerous. For now, they're not doing you any harm. So take precautions if you need to, but don't straight murder them.

You continue with the rest of the group, but stick around in back, along with Teal. No one is doing anything overtly traitorous, in fact everyone seems to be moving along together fairly harmoniously.

All the more reason to be suspicious.

Run the drone on a sweep of the windows, trying to look in the rooms.  Finish at the top of the cage, if it can get that high.

Message the rest of the defence team that I need a buddy or someone to switch with.
[aux:3+1]
You slowly pilot the drone around, peering into the windows and searching around the cage. You don't see anything nearby on the cage, and the windows, near the gangway seem clear. The one May blew up has the corpse of a civilian near it, but thats all.

Hmm.

Quote from: Denzel Gaunt to Away Team
I'll go up front for now.

Be Stacy's buddy, joining him in dance. Robot buddies!

Also keep an eye out for other people.

The Ambiguously Gay Duo

Message to steve
Steve any more directions to the hangar?, also can a manipulator erect a "feild" or somesuch that lasts for a period of time and/or draws power from valid targets around it?

>I'll route you as you go. Also, what?

-Home Team-

Await Lab Results on my venom, listen to my surroundings, and stare into the building with all the windows. Would I be able to see someone setting up a sniper position in there? also look at the lighting for the area, is there any way to make the docking area dark and the building with all the windows brightly lit?

Still lying down on the crate, nuzzle Astra's hand nearest me for two seconds, then look up at her face for another three seconds.

((I'm on FailNet, and will have trouble posting tomorrow as well. I should be able to post properly on Monday.))
That drone basically surveyed the area, so you're clear for now, as far as windows go. Making the docking area dark is a bit hard because it's outside.

BEEP
It appears to be a blend of painkillers and anti-bleeding meds.

-away team-
Feeling a sudden target on his back, Armitage drops down and looks around at any windows.

if crouching near survivors seems safe, take time to give them a full check-over. See if there's something in the middle, feel their clothing, etc. If all comes away clear, Strip them and wear their clothing, as well as passing civvie clothes to any human-looking people on the Away-team, before cautiously checking out the hangar.
[will:5]
You look over the people tied up in the center of the room. You check the center of the pile, feel over their clothing and generally make sure they're not disguised or hiding a pound of explosive in their crotch. You can't strip them without cutting the rope apart, but their clothing seems real, and you can't find any signs of hidden traps.

How very strange.

-No Team Like Home-
Quote from: Thomas to Steve
Excuse me, but, yeah... What exactly is coming after us? A sniper of some sort? With psychic abilities? Is there anything else you could tell me?
Go find May, stay near her. Keep the invisible armor on.
"May, I'm heading towards you, alright? I'm in some stealth gear though, so don't be suprised."
Thomas said through the comms.
Upon his arrival, he takes a moment to try and intuit where he would go and what he would do if he were in the Shadow Walker's position.
Stay away from the windows and any teammates that seem more off then usual. Keep an eye out for places that seem like good sniper positions, but keep in mind that he's gonna keep moving.

You join up with May's away group.
[intuition: 6+1]

Wait a minute....a sniper...with cloaking technology?

"OH GOD I'M THE ENEMY! I WAS UNDER MY NOSE THE WHOLE TIME!" you start streaming and shaking random people.

>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"That bad, huh? Last I heard - specifically, last mission - the HMRC seems to be more apt at killing indiscriminately than simply killing. If the objective were to level the place, I'm sure these people would succeed as thoroughly as humanely possible. But against someone skilled in killing specific, exact people? An assassin? I think we'd better double up on our contingency plans."

Anton keeps staring at the drone's video feed, watching for hostiles. He makes the drone do a pass over the roof, to see if there are any nearby places a sniper or scout could use to get a visual on the gangway.

"Speaking of contingency plans. Do we have a lockdown procedure? Say, we are aware that there is danger incoming. Could we, I don't know, seal up the hangar doors to prevent anyone from gaining entry? Could we blow the bridge and fight beyond the docking cradle? Can the Sword restock on supplies by other means, i.e. by shuttle, or would we have to rebuild the gangway?

I'm just thinking of all the possible ways this could go wrong. Because I suspect there are now a whole lot more of those than we anticipated.
"
[aux:6+1]
The drone jerks upwards, spins in a crazy circle and then shoots off into the support cage where it bounces around like a pinball before smashing itself into a wall. Alright then....

flip switch to turn off the emoticon display. stand as still as possible and observe my surroundings for hostiles
You turn off your face and look around. Nothing hostile here. Least not yet.

Keep reading the assassin's book where I stopped, protect the kitty cat.
You know, if you want to, you could go hunting. You're probably one of the people around right now that seems well suited to the task of hunting down an invisible sniper. If only because you can dodge the damn bullets.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19187 on: October 07, 2013, 12:01:01 pm »

Away Team!

Continue on the glorious dancing mission parade, hope that I'll reach the hangar sometime this year if that's not too much to ask for.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 12:59:23 pm by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19188 on: October 07, 2013, 12:04:53 pm »

Keep watching for enemies while still using intuition to figure out where a UE is. Somehow. Also keep following Stacy. And keep an eye out for mind controlled teammates.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19189 on: October 07, 2013, 12:05:15 pm »

Your options I believe include "Look non-treatening" and "attempt to convenience the enemy that you're merely a decorative art installation."
((Like they say "Try to look unimportant, they may be low on ammo."))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19190 on: October 07, 2013, 12:12:28 pm »

((I think Grate might be as useless as a person can be without actively harming the team.

And just wait, Thomas will turn out to have been mind-controlled this whole time.))

Continue following Feyri. Be on the lookout for invisible murderers and stuff.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19191 on: October 07, 2013, 12:21:44 pm »

((The HMRC inmates remind me of a moderately-organized Chaos Undivided warband. Yes, they can be professional and effective - a few of them almost distressingly so - but a lot of the soldiers are still prone to breaking out into fits of hysterical laughter, slaughter and overall random and/or bizarre behavior.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19192 on: October 07, 2013, 12:36:35 pm »

"...damn. These drones need to be recalibrated for local conditions. And a software upgrade, while I'm at it."

Take out another drone. Open the two programs I have on my datapad (the "follow object" and "estimate distance" ones) and write a quick frontend "operating system" for the drone based around them. Essentially "point and click" - make it possible to pick a target in view and have the drone steer towards it, optionally following it if it moves - one program maintains the target in view, the other hopefully allows the drone to avoid obstacles in its path as they get too close in the viewport. Upload the result to the drone if it passes a sanity check on completeness.

((I'm basically shooting for an automatic dynamic bonus for simple navigation with the drone))

((Also, you didn't answer the questions about a lockdown procedure and other possibilities.))

((Addendum:))

If the making of the program would be impossible in one turn due to combat elsewhere, just keep at it. Stop if the gangway itself is attacked though.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 05:08:10 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #19193 on: October 07, 2013, 12:58:38 pm »

-Home Team-

So... you guys. Anyone of you ever been mind-controlled after opening the bottle? Is there maybe something you can do about it?

Converse with the Ghosts.
Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19194 on: October 07, 2013, 02:25:43 pm »

Fine, fine. Smart flesh amalgamation.

Follow along at the back of the group, keep an eye and my intuition out for any sign of treachery.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19195 on: October 07, 2013, 04:01:35 pm »

((Ok, I will get up from the ground and look at my surroundings while trying to get off all this stasis slime, ''I assume this is the HMRC right? Stupid question I know, I was framed for my own families murder of course this is it so ill just ask straight away, where is every place I can go and if, theoretically I'm on a mission,who can I trust won't immediately use me for a slip and slide?''

((If I don't I'm lost where i am spatially, where do I wake up?))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:05:18 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19196 on: October 07, 2013, 04:12:52 pm »

((Alright, I assume that I should just be waking up in the ship on a bed, if I do so then get up and look at my surroundings, ''I assume this is the HMRS right? Stupid question I know, I was framed for my own families murder of course this is it so ill just ask straight away, where is every place I can go and if, theoretically I'm on a mission,who can I trust won't immediately use me for a slip and slide?''

((If I don't I'm lost where i am spatially, where do I wake up?))

((You're nearly on the money there - you do wake up on the ship, that much is true. However, rather than being on a bed, you fall out from a stasis pod. You are quite naked and covered in stasis goo from the outside and a bit from the inside as well.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19197 on: October 07, 2013, 04:16:34 pm »

"Fuck. Goddamn alien tech. The compression effect isn't universal, it starts where I start. Either that, or voidspace is moving. Most perturbatory. Also, someone randomly appears inside the defenses AND NO ONE CARES? Goddamn people."

Head to the armory and aquire two measuring tapes and some paint. Measure one meter in voidspace, and after marking the start and end in both void and realspace, walk the one meter in voidspace. Measure distance between entry and exit in realspace, and repeat, only with two meters. Yell hello to void again.

((Greeeeaat. Looks like this is only useful for short jumps, as long ones seem unstable.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19198 on: October 07, 2013, 04:22:15 pm »

"Fuck. Goddamn alien tech. The compression effect isn't universal, it starts where I start. Either that, or voidspace is moving. Most perturbatory. Also, someone randomly appears inside the defenses AND NO ONE CARES? Goddamn people."

Head to the armory and aquire two measuring tapes and some paint. Measure one meter in voidspace, and after marking the start and end in both void and realspace, walk the one meter in voidspace. Measure distance between entry and exit in realspace, and repeat, only with two meters. Yell hello to void again.

((Greeeeaat. Looks like this is only useful for short jumps, as long ones seem unstable.))
((Remind me, have you tried the voidspace thing before the Sword landed?

Because I have a theory.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19199 on: October 07, 2013, 04:42:03 pm »

((Rotation of the planet? I tried basic things before we landed, but as the current situation had no immediate danger of a sudden nuclear sunrise, I took it slowly, but now that shit has gotten real, I ramped up the experiments so I could get to ghostbusting. My phasic abilities are quite useful, but currently limited due to guesswork and a pronounced allergy to occupying the same space as other objects/people. So my main tactic of being able to completely disappear and reappear in other locations undetected is currently facing critical flaws.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 2101