_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733892 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19230 on: October 07, 2013, 11:50:31 pm »

((more of once, when seriousconcentrate sent that music mindworm? that was when i figured out i was lost between the two))
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 11:52:22 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19231 on: October 07, 2013, 11:54:12 pm »

(I thought that the on-ship thread was made just after mission 2, but I wasn't certain and didn't want to say that in case I was wrong. But yeah. That seems to be the case, E/D.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19232 on: October 07, 2013, 11:55:22 pm »

((i know it was around when you said to meditate, after the on ship thread was made, you just meditated more))
((also, i really like that nickname for some reason, no idea why, E/D,))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:17:53 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19233 on: October 08, 2013, 12:15:27 am »

"...I'm scared. What do I do if I get attacked?"
I can't tell him to run.
He can't run from a threat who doesn't care.
...Are they very much personalizing how our stereotype is?
No, it's self-defense. They wouldn't care of their victims if they use civilians.
Why does it always have to come to this.

Tell you what. You can either fight them off with what you know, or try to invent something which denies them their advantage. I'm musing about how they can keep invisibility or copy another's being without genetic reconstruction, so I'm guessing its some sort of gear they have.

Must just be a lot of fancy rumors.

Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Grate
Haha no. That's just me following my plan-however useful it even is, if at all (given my success rate in thinking).

Why don't you go up to the AM and devise a plan with her-I'm really supposing whatever they use is electronic in the least. No known material could inherently affect the light patterns in the air to displace a person so that the l-
Erm, I mean can you make a portable scrambling device? Or something that..err, affects the ambient lighting? Just something simple that could stop those threats we heard from Steve earlier?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #19234 on: October 08, 2013, 12:17:46 am »

Okay then
follow the directions of steve to the hanger
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19235 on: October 08, 2013, 12:30:59 am »

((also, i really like that nickname for some reason, no idea why, E/D,))

(Glad that worked out then, since I lazily shorten even Tiruin's name to Tir most of the time. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19236 on: October 08, 2013, 07:25:23 am »

With her current partner going on a hunt Astra needs to find a new partner for the buddy system and hops down off the crates, she was really only there because Lyra was

Quote from: Astra --> HMRC Defence team
I am currently in need of a partner to help make sure I am not mind controlled
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19237 on: October 08, 2013, 09:25:53 am »

"...I'm scared. What do I do if I get attacked?"
Tell you what. You can either fight them off with what you know, or try to invent something which denies them their advantage. I'm musing about how they can keep invisibility or copy another's being without genetic reconstruction, so I'm guessing its some sort of gear they have. Must just be a lot of fancy rumors.
Quote from: Feyri Nirel > Grate
Haha no. That's just me following my plan-however useful it even is, if at all (given my success rate in thinking).

Why don't you go up to the AM and devise a plan with her-I'm really supposing whatever they use is electronic in the least. No known material could inherently affect the light patterns in the air to displace a person so that the l-
Erm, I mean can you make a portable scrambling device? Or something that..err, affects the ambient lighting? Just something simple that could stop those threats we heard from Steve earlier?
Grate nods.
"I'll see what I can do."
Quote from: Grate to Feyri
I can't do anything like that here, and I'm not supposed to leave my buddy. I'm not sure if I would have time to do that, either.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19238 on: October 08, 2013, 10:11:28 am »

Quote from: Astra --> HMRC Defence team
I am currently in need of a partner to help make sure I am not mind controlled
Quote from: Pancaek-->Astra
I'm in the gangway without a buddy, if you still need one.

Keep standing around, scan the area for hostiles. Do not neglect looking up as well.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19239 on: October 08, 2013, 10:12:36 am »

I need a buddy too.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #19240 on: October 08, 2013, 01:27:16 pm »

((Same goes for Gorat. So...))

Partner up with Leo/Devastator.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19241 on: October 08, 2013, 02:37:00 pm »

I was looking at my post from yesterday and realized that I didn't add on the collective action of moving to the hanger that I was planning to. So....I'm just gonna put that here because honestly it changes things a fair bit. If your action isn't changed by this, just repost it. Sorry about that, distracted posting and brain haze.

The assorted collection of ne'er do wells and ragamuffins continues their way to the hanger. It's fairly easy going, oddly enough; the concourse is long and basically barren, lacking any sort of sod or even civilian presence. It's almost unsettling how quiet it is.

Steve steers the group through the concourse, down a connecting hall and to a freight elevator that leads down several stories and finally to a hall that brings them to the entire other side of the building. The view from the windows here is something else entirely. Spread across the barren rocky plain is a massive stellar parking lot of sorts; rows upon rows of smaller cages similar to the one the sword is resting in. These cages, only about 20% of which are occupied, seem to sit atop a great mechanical pit, a spiderweb of metal over a yawning chasm of mechanical limbs, railings, half constructed ships, conveyors and flatbed loaders riding around on paths that spiral around the hole like the dirt roads of a great pit mine. As they watch, one of the cages with a ship in it descends into the pit on an automated lift system and is shuffled off into a haze of mechanical limbs which immediately start to work on it. In the far distance, a series of towers, like the aircraft control towers of terrestrial planes, dots the outer perimeter of the holding area, reaching heights greater then even the massive main building complex.

>Alright, the ship you're looking for should be in cage D-663. They may have covered up or renamed the cage itself, to prevent confusion about an "extra" cage, but the ones around it should give it away. There's signs down on the walkways between the cages, which should lead you there. Be careful though, that is one very large, very open area.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19242 on: October 08, 2013, 02:39:55 pm »

((Reposting. Couldn't you at least do the update for the people not in the band of ragamuffins?))

"...damn. These drones need to be recalibrated for local conditions. And a software upgrade, while I'm at it."

Take out another drone. Open the two programs I have on my datapad (the "follow object" and "estimate distance" ones) and write a quick frontend "operating system" for the drone based around them. Essentially "point and click" - make it possible to pick a target in view and have the drone steer towards it, optionally following it if it moves - one program maintains the target in view, the other hopefully allows the drone to avoid obstacles in its path as they get too close in the viewport. Upload the result to the drone if it passes a sanity check on completeness.

((I'm basically shooting for an automatic dynamic bonus for simple navigation with the drone))

((Also, you didn't answer the questions about a lockdown procedure and other possibilities.))

If the making of the program would be impossible in one turn due to combat elsewhere, just keep at it. Stop if the gangway itself is attacked though.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19243 on: October 08, 2013, 02:43:24 pm »

"That's a big hangar."

Keep watching for enemies while still using intuition to figure out where a UE is. Somehow. Also keep covering Stacy. And keep an eye out for mind controlled teammates.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19244 on: October 08, 2013, 03:13:32 pm »

Quote from: Renen To Kitty Cat
Sorry, I will go for a hunt now. If you want to help me, I will accept your company.
Send message, leave for the hunt. Enter bullet time and look around for a place where someone could be watching the spot with the tied civies from a safe distance.
Meow once, then hop down from my perch and accompany the Cyborg Swordsman wherever he is going. stay very alert to my surroundings, generally looking wherever the cyborg isn't, but staying within three feet of him at all times
Action unchanged
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 [1283] 1284 1285 ... 2101