_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1282 1283 [1284] 1285 1286 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733943 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19245 on: October 08, 2013, 03:21:38 pm »

Quote from: Astra --> HMRC Defence team
I am currently in need of a partner to help make sure I am not mind controlled
Quote from: Pancaek-->Astra
I'm in the gangway without a buddy, if you still need one.

Keep standing around, scan the area for hostiles. Do not neglect looking up as well.
action unchanged

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #19246 on: October 08, 2013, 03:26:09 pm »

-Home Team-

So... you guys. Anyone of you ever been mind-controlled after opening the bottle? Is there maybe something you can do about it?

Converse with the Ghosts.
Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
((Same goes for Gorat. So...))

Partner up with Leo/Devastator.
Same actions as before.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19247 on: October 08, 2013, 03:43:48 pm »

((At this rate I'm just going to stop doing anything for now because of the massive incursion everyone is participating in, I'm way to far behind in this games storyline.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19248 on: October 08, 2013, 03:54:57 pm »

((At this rate I'm just going to stop doing anything for now because of the massive incursion everyone is participating in, I'm way to far behind in this games storyline.))
((honestly, everything before this mission is unnecessary to read. just read mission 11 stuff, and in fact, just read PW's posts, ignore everyone else's.
it will save you a lot of time and trouble.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19249 on: October 08, 2013, 04:08:45 pm »

((If you're not too attached to your character (and if your character isn't too attached to any of his limbs or vital organs), you could participate anyway. Granted, with your Will score you'll be a prime candidate for mind control, but so would several other people here.

Not knowing what is going on is actually pretty acceptable - because your character doesn't either. Makes roleplaying utter confusion that much easier. ^_^))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19250 on: October 08, 2013, 04:16:55 pm »

Quote from: Stacy Buttle; to: Away Team
Hiya, brave soldiers of the glorious effort!

So, what I'm thinking is that we move in a spread-out formation - these dudes have nuclear sniper rifles, don't you know! If we all prance single-file, we'll get shot to tiny little atomized pieces, and that will be no fun at all! Groups of two, right, and we stay at a distance (though not too much of a distance) unless distressed, right?

And watch out for traps, laddies!

Love,
Stacy Buttle.

Dance out, look out for devious traps. Hope the others get my message and don't run around all grouped up to be easily exploded or crippled by LESHO fire. Look for the appropriate cage. Trust my robot buddy to keep an eye out for me.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19251 on: October 08, 2013, 04:28:23 pm »

Keep spread out from everyone else. Follow along at the back and keep an eye out for heresy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19252 on: October 08, 2013, 04:28:47 pm »

((@ Execute/Dumbo.exe:

Basic situation: the spaceship that houses the stasis pod you just rolled out of is currently docked at a major industrial world. We, as in the AI that controls the ship and the inmates, are currently revolting against the body ruling humanity (the UWM), this world is our first target. A small team of 3 people, Milno's team, first infiltrated the base and cut of the communications and defenses in this area. They are in this thread.

The assault team is divided in 2 subteam: Jim's team and Miyamoto's team. Jim's team is going to ARES, the central computer of the planet, so that our AI (Steve) can hack into it and take control of the planet. Miya's team is moving to the command center of this area, once captured we can turn their defenses against them.
The are running amok here.

The remainder of the team is in this thread, they have to defend the ship from counterattack. This team to is split up into 2 subteams, you and some others are standing on the gangway connecting the ship to its docking station. You have to defend this gangway.
The others are hunting for a bunch of UWM spies that are directing the defense and pose a significant threat. They have advanced cloaking and camouflage gear and big guns (the kind that launches nukes from a distance).The investigating team is moving to check out the hangar where the spies' ship is docked. These spies/assassins are capable of mindcontrol, so people are afraid of being alone cause then they are easy targets.

You, right now, should buy something from the armory, then go to this gangway and wait for the attack to come. Kinda boring maybe, but not for long, they could mount an offensive any second.

Hope this helps.))
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:39:45 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19253 on: October 08, 2013, 05:09:45 pm »

((Reposting. Couldn't you at least do the update for the people not in the band of ragamuffins?))

"...damn. These drones need to be recalibrated for local conditions. And a software upgrade, while I'm at it."

Take out another drone. Open the two programs I have on my datapad (the "follow object" and "estimate distance" ones) and write a quick frontend "operating system" for the drone based around them. Essentially "point and click" - make it possible to pick a target in view and have the drone steer towards it, optionally following it if it moves - one program maintains the target in view, the other hopefully allows the drone to avoid obstacles in its path as they get too close in the viewport. Upload the result to the drone if it passes a sanity check on completeness.

((I'm basically shooting for an automatic dynamic bonus for simple navigation with the drone))

((Also, you didn't answer the questions about a lockdown procedure and other possibilities.))

If the making of the program would be impossible in one turn due to combat elsewhere, just keep at it. Stop if the gangway itself is attacked though.
[aux:3]
Uh...hmm you get both programs loaded but then...you're not really sure how to proceed from here....
(Not sure which question you're talking about...)

Quote from: Renen To Kitty Cat
Sorry, I will go for a hunt now. If you want to help me, I will accept your company.
Send message, leave for the hunt. Enter bullet time and look around for a place where someone could be watching the spot with the tied civies from a safe distance.
Meow once, then hop down from my perch and accompany the Cyborg Swordsman wherever he is going. stay very alert to my surroundings, generally looking wherever the cyborg isn't, but staying within three feet of him at all times
Action unchanged
You climb down from your perch and start running between Renen's legs and batting at his feet.

Keep standing around, scan the area for hostiles. Do not neglect looking up as well.
action unchanged
You swing your head around in a rapid fashion, making yourself dizzy.

Dizzy with vigilance!

-Home Team-

So... you guys. Anyone of you ever been mind-controlled after opening the bottle? Is there maybe something you can do about it?

Converse with the Ghosts.
Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
((Same goes for Gorat. So...))

Partner up with Leo/Devastator.
Same actions as before.
Can't be mind controlled

Too many of us

Wall of flesh

You partner up with Mr. Lion man, tapping him on the shoulder and silently gesturing so he knows you're with him.  Hmm, now if only you were 20 feet tall and enormously fat and he had a spear...You could be the best cosplay team ever.

"That's a big hangar."

Keep watching for enemies while still using intuition to figure out where a UE is. Somehow. Also keep covering Stacy. And keep an eye out for mind controlled teammates.
[intuition:2]
You stare out at the world with a practiced eye, squinting thoughtfully at the rolling rows of black metal cages and their sleek metal contents. You nod slightly to yourself and stroke your faceplate.

"Any ideas?"

"Not a single one." You say, sweeping your rifle around and honestly waiting for Stacy to suddenly explode into a million little robot pieces.

Quote from: Stacy Buttle; to: Away Team
Hiya, brave soldiers of the glorious effort!

So, what I'm thinking is that we move in a spread-out formation - these dudes have nuclear sniper rifles, don't you know! If we all prance single-file, we'll get shot to tiny little atomized pieces, and that will be no fun at all! Groups of two, right, and we stay at a distance (though not too much of a distance) unless distressed, right?

And watch out for traps, laddies!

Love,
Stacy Buttle.

Dance out, look out for devious traps. Hope the others get my message and don't run around all grouped up to be easily exploded or crippled by LESHO fire. Look for the appropriate cage. Trust my robot buddy to keep an eye out for me.
You dance down stairs and out a door onto the metal catwalks that weave between the cages. It's a lovely day. The sky is red, The rocks are...rocky, and there's a sulfurous breeze in the air. You can see a sign welded to the walkway just ahead, at an intersection point. You dance over that way when you suddenly find yourself on the ground. You're frankly confused; you were sure you were a better dancer then that. You notice a dull ringing in the air, like someone just struck a metal plate with a hammer. You look down. Your left leg is missing from about the middle of the thigh down.  You can see it, sitting behind you, laying right where it seems to have come off. There's a big, shattered, semi-circle where it separated, and a corresponding one on your leg. And a third one - a fist sized hole in the walkway behind your leg.

Not good.

Keep spread out from everyone else. Follow along at the back and keep an eye out for heresy.
You, waaaay in the back with Teal, see Stacy fall. You dive for cover with a surprising amount of speed for someone who doesn't think he's alive.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19254 on: October 08, 2013, 05:26:36 pm »

"Fuck. Goddamn alien tech. The compression effect isn't universal, it starts where I start. Either that, or voidspace is moving. Most perturbatory. Also, someone randomly appears inside the defenses AND NO ONE CARES? Goddamn people."

Head to the armory and aquire two measuring tapes and some paint. Measure one meter in voidspace, and after marking the start and end in both void and realspace, walk the one meter in voidspace. Measure distance between entry and exit in realspace, and repeat, only with two meters. Yell hello to void again.

((Greeeeaat. Looks like this is only useful for short jumps, as long ones seem unstable.))

Reposted.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19255 on: October 08, 2013, 05:43:41 pm »

Intuition where the UE is again and then fire either where I think the UE is or where the shot that knocked Stacy down with bolt action rifle. While moving as much as possible behind cover to avoid being hit.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19256 on: October 08, 2013, 06:55:29 pm »

Skirt the open area, to attempt to stay in cover. Look around extensively, to try and find the whereabouts of the cage.

Hmmm... Wasn't there a guy with drones around? Can't remember if he came here or not. I can imagine they'd be  useful... might get me one someday...

Muse about drones.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19257 on: October 08, 2013, 07:05:49 pm »

Quote from: Renen To Kitty Cat
Sorry, I will go for a hunt now. If you want to help me, I will accept your company.

Quote from: Renen To Doc
I will try to hunt for the Urban Executors and the Shadow Walker. Do you have any tips?

Send message, leave for the hunt. Enter bullet time and look around for a place where someone could be watching the spot with the tied civies from a safe distance.

((thanks, this got pretty big pretty quickly, my main memory was faith, oh faith, in fact the first mission was the one that really stood out to me, with useing a corpse as a slip and slide while destroying a gaint robot, and making a shortcut with the PYRAMID OF POWA! and the good old murduring an entire species in cold blood. also, i just want to find the point where piecewise makes the on ship thread so i can mother******* connect the two seperate areas))

((The on ship starts here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=106279.msg3221987#msg3221987))

no change
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19258 on: October 08, 2013, 07:44:12 pm »

Intuit from the angle of the hole where the sniper is and relay his position to the other meatsacks. See if I can see the sniper everywhere, though of course keep in cover.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19259 on: October 08, 2013, 07:54:20 pm »

Get down from the boxes and set up near the amp user, keep an eye on the cameras
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 1282 1283 [1284] 1285 1286 ... 2101