_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1283 1284 [1285] 1286 1287 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686723 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19260 on: October 08, 2013, 08:17:20 pm »

((Time to further test my (dumb) luck))
Light and throw a few bottle rockets as a distraction. Dash forwards and drag Stacy between some cages, preferably ones with a lot of cover.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:28:47 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19261 on: October 08, 2013, 08:20:25 pm »

((Let's see...I bet one token that sniper is on one of those towers in the distance. Would match his MO. Hard to reach and with a good view of (nearly) everything.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19262 on: October 08, 2013, 09:28:11 pm »

((At this rate I'm just going to stop doing anything for now because of the massive incursion everyone is participating in, I'm way to far behind in this games storyline.))
((I didn't read any of the old missions before joining. I've read some since, though.))

You dance over that way when you suddenly find yourself on the ground. You're frankly confused; you were sure you were a better dancer then that. You notice a dull ringing in the air, like someone just struck a metal plate with a hammer. You look down. Your left leg is missing from about the middle of the thigh down.  You can see it, sitting behind you, laying right where it seems to have come off. There's a big, shattered, semi-circle where it separated, and a corresponding one on your leg. And a third one - a fist sized hole in the walkway behind your leg.
Not good.
((Um. Would that be the LESHO rifle?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19263 on: October 08, 2013, 09:34:29 pm »

((I doubt it.  If it was, the hole should be 1) bigger 2) in his head.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19264 on: October 08, 2013, 09:34:57 pm »

((At this rate I'm just going to stop doing anything for now because of the massive incursion everyone is participating in, I'm way to far behind in this games storyline.))
((I didn't read any of the old missions before joining. I've read some since, though.))

You dance over that way when you suddenly find yourself on the ground. You're frankly confused; you were sure you were a better dancer then that. You notice a dull ringing in the air, like someone just struck a metal plate with a hammer. You look down. Your left leg is missing from about the middle of the thigh down.  You can see it, sitting behind you, laying right where it seems to have come off. There's a big, shattered, semi-circle where it separated, and a corresponding one on your leg. And a third one - a fist sized hole in the walkway behind your leg.
Not good.
((Um. Would that be the LESHO rifle?))
((more likely Gauss, LESHO wouldn't leave a body, even with non-nuclear rounds.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19265 on: October 08, 2013, 09:38:44 pm »

((Alright, I'll just try to role play that I know absolutely nothing, that won't be too hard))

get out of stasis pod and immediately begin throwing up and wiping all the goo off me
"God dammit! I know I've been framed for murder but at least show some respect here, Isn't there any type of goo resistant underpants or something, I'm going to be pissing this stuff for days and even... You know what, screw that, just tell me where everything is and who everyone is, I don't want to get blindsided by a dude trying to kick my shoulder in, also, anybody who I shouldn't be pissing off?"
((That good? Haven't tried doing this yet, so I'm not so good at it.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19266 on: October 08, 2013, 09:39:01 pm »

((...Remind me to see if I can get a LESHO rifle.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #19267 on: October 08, 2013, 10:28:53 pm »

((...Remind me to see if I can get a LESHO rifle.))

((18 tokens in the armory.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19268 on: October 09, 2013, 12:06:14 am »

((Or capture the Shadow Walker alive. Good luck!))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19269 on: October 09, 2013, 12:16:00 am »

((Alright, I'll just try to role play that I know absolutely nothing, that won't be too hard))

get out of stasis pod and immediately begin throwing up and wiping all the goo off me
"God dammit! I know I've been framed for murder but at least show some respect here, Isn't there any type of goo resistant underpants or something, I'm going to be pissing this stuff for days and even... You know what, screw that, just tell me where everything is and who everyone is, I don't want to get blindsided by a dude trying to kick my shoulder in, also, anybody who I shouldn't be pissing off?"
((That good? Haven't tried doing this yet, so I'm not so good at it.))
((So far so good. Try not to second-guess yourself as much, as it has a habit of ruining immersion for others, and also that whole tirade would have been directed at yourself, and therefore will probably be answered by steve. Actions are bolded so if you really want to make sure PW gets your turn, make sure there's at least one in your post.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19270 on: October 09, 2013, 12:27:16 am »

(( I guess I was just in the mindset that I thought at that era, pretty much everything had an AI, so he knew that there was an AI, just didn't know what kind, in this case one that could kill him with a thought, but you know))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 12:38:21 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19271 on: October 09, 2013, 12:35:38 am »

Quote from: Stacy Buttle; to: Away Team
Ayup! Definitely snipers here!

Roll for cover!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19272 on: October 09, 2013, 12:40:09 am »

Acknowledge Gorat's arrivial with a nod and a thumbs-up.  Get ready for the next drone sweep, as things still seem to be quiet.  For now.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19273 on: October 09, 2013, 12:51:34 am »

Uh...hmm you get both programs loaded but then...you're not really sure how to proceed from here....
(Not sure which question you're talking about...)
((The question was about having backup contingencies and lockdown procedures.))
"Speaking of contingency plans. Do we have a lockdown procedure? Say, we are aware that there is danger incoming. Could we, I don't know, seal up the hangar doors to prevent anyone from gaining entry? Could we blow the bridge and fight beyond the docking cradle? Can the Sword restock on supplies by other means, i.e. by shuttle, or would we have to rebuild the gangway?

I'm just thinking of all the possible ways this could go wrong. Because I suspect there are now a whole lot more of those than we anticipated.
"

Make both programs capable of running in parallel. Make the drone OS steer the drone to keep the target in view with the first program, and make the second program use directional thrust to approach the target and strafe away from/stop before obstacles in view, "obstacles" defined as "things entirely too close at the speed the drone is moving".
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19274 on: October 09, 2013, 12:53:04 am »

Quote from: Xan->Away Team/Fellow Meat
Search for the sniper and point it out to me via this medium. I shall grant him release from his cage of bone.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 1283 1284 [1285] 1286 1287 ... 2101