_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5733644 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19290 on: October 09, 2013, 07:40:21 am »

((Or Miya's latest... "tour de force". Granted, that's a universal manipulator, but still.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19291 on: October 09, 2013, 07:43:48 am »

2. What power inflation? You can buy a mass manipulation psy-amp for less, and the mass-murdering qualities of the 3-token microwave manipulator are well known. Being able to tear out someone's bodily fluids is just creative use of power.))
((Ah, right. I keep forgetting that everything is overpowered.
Still, considering that most materials are dia-, para-, or ferromagnetic...well, it kinda cheapens the mass manipulator, doncha think?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19292 on: October 09, 2013, 07:53:37 am »

((You're still limited to force though, and force that doesn't act the same way on everything. The Mass Manipulator combines the effects of the Vector and Gravity manipulators, in a way, so you can just make a chunk of anything do anything, no matter the size or composition of the anything. Magnetism, however, is a bit of a hard thing to work precisely with, with effects changing with temperature, for instance, and side effects of its usage including a change of temperature. You can't safely transport a person with the Magnetic Manipulator unless he/she is standing on something metallic, but you can with a Mass Manipulator. Stuff like that.))
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:55:44 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19293 on: October 09, 2013, 08:06:24 am »

((Are you still at least partly biological? or are you all metal now?))

((I don't know. I never got to see all the alterations made. I only know a few things like the kinect amps and others alterations. I will try to figure out as I use the body. I think Renen is a type of synth-flesh))
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19294 on: October 09, 2013, 08:16:42 am »

((You can't safely transport a person with the Magnetic Manipulator unless he/she is standing on something metallic, but you can with a Mass Manipulator. Stuff like that.))
((Yet you can safely levitate frogs with magnetic fields? Why is it not the same principle?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19295 on: October 09, 2013, 08:49:14 am »

((The principle is the same, true. But a human is more complex, and more heavy than a frog. So you will need much more energy, and much more force total. The same minute differences between how different materials in the body react to magnetic field can become significant at that scale. Just the different states and densities of various fluids in the body will mean that the human will be at a rather great danger when being lifted with a magnetic field.

Not to mention that the human will have to be naked, and that magnitude of magnetic force applied to an HMRC member will tear out his/her spinal cord along with the shock implant - as well as any other implants or prostheses.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19296 on: October 09, 2013, 08:58:48 am »

((Shock implant? That thing Steve used to shock Xan? ...Suddenly Xan getting shocked makes more sense.))
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19297 on: October 09, 2013, 12:17:50 pm »

Ran out of time this morning. Post will come this evening when I get home. Sorry about that.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19298 on: October 09, 2013, 12:19:31 pm »

(Don't be; I wasn't expecting it until in several hours anyhow.)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19299 on: October 09, 2013, 01:45:41 pm »

((I just had an idea.))

((Maybe, if Steve noted a specific failing in a given character in the course of a mission, he could deduct a certain sum from his/her pay and give him/her equipment to fix that issue.))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19300 on: October 09, 2013, 01:58:33 pm »

((I just had an idea.))

((Maybe, if Steve noted a specific failing in a given character in the course of a mission, he could deduct a certain sum from his/her pay and give him/her equipment to fix that issue.))
((The problem with that is that "deducting" something only works as long as the character has the funds, and the GM deciding something for the player's character kinda goes against the spirit of the thing. Plus it's possible to do it in a more manual way - asking around, like Grate was doing, and coming up with something on your own, or asking directly for a solution. You can ask for training, you can test yourself in VR (once we get VR back anyway). Maybe you and Lyra can have a little combat training session with Feyri, practicing working as a team. Feyri is the heavy hitter, Lyra is the scout and space magic user/medic. Grate can be literal "tech support", keeping Feyri and her equipment working, plus using whatever equipment relies on Aux. Put any leftover points you have after this mission into Aux so you can be more proficient, and perhaps if you ask, Anton or some other tinkerers can set you up with suitable weaponry.

Anton in particular has leftover mapping drones that could, with some work, be turned into decent combat operatives (that is the current plan, btw), but he can use all the help he can get with the OS, since Aux isn't his strong suit just yet. Though I remind you that Grate has no in-character knowledge in that regard.

You could always go into debt and keep the drone platform, too. Train up Aux and you're the team's repository of disposable scout combatants.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19301 on: October 09, 2013, 02:01:49 pm »

((I was thinking more in general than specifically for Grate.))
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19302 on: October 09, 2013, 02:09:41 pm »

((Even so, Steve just plain giving something to someone, automatically docking pay from them for the purpose, isn't in the spirit of the game, I'd say.

Suggesting something, making an observation and providing a solution, maybe. But not forcing to comply with that solution.

Actually, it would fit Steve more to just make an observation, during debriefing. Nudging the character to seek a solution in a given direction, or to change their approach. The AM or the Doctor would be the ones suggesting solutions.))

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #19303 on: October 09, 2013, 02:21:53 pm »

-Home Team-

Wall of flesh? Are you guys trying to call me fat? Gorat jokes towards the ghosts.

Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though. Be quite repetitive.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19304 on: October 09, 2013, 02:53:37 pm »

-home team-

stand around some more. Scan the area for hostiles and be ready to deflect attacks or return them to sender with my amp. Do not neglect looking up or at my buddy.
Pages: 1 ... 1285 1286 [1287] 1288 1289 ... 2101