Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

 _

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am


Pages: 1 ... 1295 1296 [1297] 1298 1299 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 3967726 times)

GreatWyrmGold

  • Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19440 on: October 14, 2013, 08:29:43 am »

((Is that a Spaghetti Shoggoth? Because I would eat the crap out of that Eldrich abomination. And if it isn't, I must try to make one))
((It's standing up too well. Probably clay or something.))
Logged
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

  • Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19441 on: October 14, 2013, 10:56:47 am »

((Is that a Spaghetti Shoggoth? Because I would eat the crap out of that Eldrich abomination. And if it isn't, I must try to make one))
((It's standing up too well. Probably clay or something.))
Polymer clay, Plaster, and tin foil. And tooth picks.

I transport it today. I could use a lars prayer to the god of not breaking.


Also, really? The post got eaten? Fuck. Let see if I can.....




ELDRITCH CANCER THAT THE THRALLS OF CARBON CALL LIFE, YOU SUCK AT LOOKING FOR STUFF! MAYBE THAT'S WHY YOU KEEP ON JOINING US ALL THE TIME!

Randomly rant at life, look over at where that person said the sniper probably would and intuit where he is by speculating about what sniping position I'd take if I were a genetically augmented sniper.
[Intuition:5+1]
You leap up off the ground and go sprinting toward EXACTLY WHERE THAT FUCKER IS, YOU'RE POSITIVE OF IT!
[dex:1-1]
[end:5]
Xan makes it a good 50 feet at a straight out, snails pace sprint before being clotheslined by a bullet.  It catches him straight in the throat, right through the windpipe and the spine. He jerks forward with the last of his momentum and then hits the ground like a sack of omnicidal potatoes.


((Like I said, I thought that in this game, at the time everything had a AI, so he believed there was an AI, just didn't know what kind, anyway.))

"Good, there is an AI, also I was speaking to you because really, what massive hunk of metal goes without an AI at this rate? But I digress, where is everything, and Who is everybody?"
>I'm Steve. And you're...Threndon? Seriously? Well, whatever. I'm the ship's computer and you're gonna be replacing someone who just got shot in the throat and is....yeah now dead. Other people are unimportant. Get dressed, follow the signs to the armory, get equipped and I'll guide you from there.




"Thomas, where do we goez?"
"Uh... I don't know, really. I don't think we're going anywhere. Since we're not on that group of people off to investigate whatever the hell they're off to investigate, I think we just defend the ship some more."
Sit down, watch the halls.
Quote from: Thomas to Feyri
Is there anything in particular you'd like me and May to do? Should we just stay where we are and watch the halls or something? I'm in some stealth armor right now, so I'm thinking about staying in one spot, so I don't scare anyone.

((Whoops. I should have probrably watched this thread more.

Also, which of the HRMC's homicidal maniacs do you fine gents and ladies think it seem Grate's going to grow up to be the most like?))
You get yourself a major case of the sits.


-Away Team-

((Time to further test my (dumb) luck))
Light and throw a few bottle rockets as a distraction. Dash forwards and drag Stacy between some cages, preferably ones with a lot of cover.
Tack ducks low and pulls out his atomic bomb. He holds it over his head, trying to hide under it.

((Oh damn. Uh...))
Attempt to pull my sh*t together, and give that incredibly dangerous item to someone. Attempt again to do the thing with the running/dragging Stacy into the cage area. Try to get something in between me and the forwards-left shooter.
((Hey guys, in the event that my [hidden roll:5] was actually a UE getting a perfect mindrape on me, could someone please take this thermonuclear explosive away from me?))


You fight with your own urge to burn, destroy and otherwise pyromaniac all over people's faces. You drop the bomb and kick it away from yourself, down the length of the walkway, back toward the entrance. That done, you sprint for cover as Xan catches a bullet in the throat. You manage to dive behind a metal beam of one of the cages.


((...I overshot a speech roll..and it.. >_>
When do speech rolls become useful in a way that you can explain something without swearing like a drunken sailor?!

...I wonder if I'm suspected to be one of the enemy now :3))
Speech rolls? Useful? Ha.


use intuition again to find the exact position of the UE. Also keep being as hard to hit as possible.
[intuition:2+1]

Uh.....Over there?

You crouch next to a cage and cover your head, attempting to pull GPS coordinates out of your ass.


Drain the drool from the helmet and continue.
[aux:4+1]
You get your dynamic bonus for those drones, and just those drones.

And less helmet drool. Always a good thing.


((Ah, piecewise posting tired is always a joy to read. Particularly Feyri's bit.))

"All you need is love, dum de dum de dum, all you need is love..."

Well, since cover isn't happening, hop to the missing hangar on one leg, making sure to carefully watch out for traps and trap-like formations.
[dex:2-1]
You start dragging yourself toward the cages and the relative cover they provide when another shot tears into you.
[end:2]
It catches you in the back, spraying broken plastic and metal over the walkway. And must have severed something important, because you can't move your good leg anymore, and you've also lost movement in one arm.



((Greatest speech check yet.))

Run another drone sweep, this one covering below the gangway, including it's bottom.
This sweep reveals nothing new. No ogres hiding under the gangway, no snipers crawling around anywhere the drone can see them at least...But then again, you're not doing a in depth scan, you're kinda just hovering it around, looking over the area. Looking up close would be better but in an area this large, it would take a while.


Search for shooter using vision modes, while staying on the move.
You cycle the vision modes while you run into cover behind a cage. You think you see the source, a small hotspot atop a ship quite far away. Hitting it from here is gonna be practically impossible without a rifle modified for long range. You're gonna have to get closer.
((Ah, speech rolls.  May you continue to only come up 1 or 6.  Congratulations in your attempts to traumatize the kid before someone else gets to.))
...I qui-
Continue speech roll. I'm not yet done with philosophizing.
I mean it can't get worse right?

[speech:5+1]
"JIM NEVER EVEN GOT TO SECOND BASE! NOW THERE ISN'T A BASE TO GET TO! BALLGAME IS OVER KIDS, NO ONE IS CROSSING HOME BASE AT THIS RATE! HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF CHESS INSTEAD?"


Alright guys, got the shooter located at a small collection of cages to our northwest. I'd point, but I don't feel the need to get shot. Someone want to go ahead and obliterate those? Once that's taken care of, or if you want to try and move closer to our objective, you'll need to take a left at the first intersection. I'll get my drones closer and get a... Teal, what are you... Hand it here. Quickly.

Accept Teal's nuke. If he does not give it to me OR put it away, ask Steve to electrocute him.

If he does give up his nuke peacefully, order all three deployed drones to get closer to that northwest collection of cages, using the cages to try and hide their movements. (They are the size of a softball :P)

Teal's nuke is currently rolling back across the walkway like a rogue hand-egg, so that seems ok for the moment.
[aux:1+1+1]
Your drones sort of hover there, right up until one gets shot straight out of the sky and the other two scatter.



There we go. Sorry about that guys.

Grunhill

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19442 on: October 14, 2013, 11:09:20 am »

((@PW: You missed my last action. Here.))


Quote from: Renen to Away Team
Do any of you have an idea of where the sniper is?

Quote from: Renen To kitty
I'll check the other team. Try to find the sniper attacking them. Do you want to come?


Send message. Go to a point where I can see the hangar team but they (and the sniper) don't see me. Enter BT and look for the sniper.

((Edit: I quoted the wrong post. That's the action. Sorry  ;D))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:09:16 pm by Grunhill »
Logged
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Kriellya

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19443 on: October 14, 2013, 11:17:11 am »

(( No he didn't, that's the only one he actually got done on Friday before RL vanished him away :P

Also, Ow. Are you apologizing for the lateness or how badly that turned out for us? XD ))
Logged

kisame12794

  • Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19444 on: October 14, 2013, 11:21:36 am »

"Whew. Was wondering when the ominous threat of doom would show up. Hrmm. I assume the light down there means I'm falling. Hrmm. I need to interrogate some science dudes. Well, on second thought, Steve wouldn't like that. Hrmm. Sigh. Why couldn't it be a monster. Something that bleeds and dies like a wuss would be nice."

Keep an eye on the light, and carry on with the experiment.

((Seems I finally noticed the sword hanging above my head.))

((Missed me/forum ate it. For reference, the experiment was to measure the difference in distance between real and voidspace. Mark a point in both, measure a meter in realspace, enter void, mark and measure between the points, repeat with two meters.))
Logged
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Harry Baldman

  • Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19445 on: October 14, 2013, 11:27:37 am »

Huh. Well, try playing dead for a moment. Not like I have any life signs, right?
Logged

Knight Otu

  • Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19446 on: October 14, 2013, 11:48:36 am »

-Home Team-

Déjà Vu Part X. Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Logged
Direforged Mod v1.3b for 0.43.05 (Updated Dec 28th 2016)
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations for 0.42.06 (Updated Mar 27th 2016)
Castle Otu

BFEL

  • Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19447 on: October 14, 2013, 12:13:26 pm »

((Er so do I just not get my action or was that, as someone suggested, just the first part of a larger post.
Because my action is KINDA important now. Seeing as it may or may not lead to Feyri smashing the brain of the Kung-Fusicist and probably smartest PC around))
Logged
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Grunhill

  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19448 on: October 14, 2013, 12:16:27 pm »

(( No he didn't, that's the only one he actually got done on Friday before RL vanished him away :P

Also, Ow. Are you apologizing for the lateness or how badly that turned out for us? XD ))

((Quoted the wrong, I'm not used to have two posts on a same page. :-[

And good luck. And don't worry. Renen will arrive there. Someday.))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:44:38 pm by Grunhill »
Logged
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Toaster

  • Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19449 on: October 14, 2013, 12:27:34 pm »

I transport it today. I could use a lars prayer to the god of not breaking.

(("O God of Not Breaking, may this shoggoth statue reach its intended destination in one piece!  May Algis carry it in his shielding hands, and Pathmas be ever in our favor.  May the God of Fourth Wall Breaking speedily deliver these messages out into the World Behind.  Amen."))
Logged
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

  • Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19450 on: October 14, 2013, 01:01:25 pm »

Note to self: FUCK. ADRENALIN.
Well, I'll return from this, no doubt - the Mission is far from complete. But if I go to meet my Father, I shall certainly bring a guest.



In the moments before I go tempdead due to lack of spine and neck, heat a 1-meter sphere at the point where I was so sure the guy was to sufficient temperatures to fry whatever's in it to ash. Then be dead.
Logged
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

  • Bay Watcher
  • Resident GM
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19451 on: October 14, 2013, 01:11:49 pm »

"Arright, perfect. Let's see what we can see now."

Anton focuses on his remaining drones, sending two of them out to scout out the upper area. Steve's words spark a little crazy idea in his head. Keeping the drones' mapping sensors active, he sweeps them over the front of the building, going methodically from point to point, and maintains the ruse of scanning for something as they go over the roof and sweep the distance, visually scanning for possible vantage points. In the meantime, the third drone hovers ten meters in the air, just above the pillbox, several meters to the side from where Anton is standing, and monitors the whole building facade for movement or sudden glints of light where they shouldn't be. Anton leaves cover, looking over the building as well, and opens comms, general radio and external speakers simultaneously.

"Alright, I have my custom scanner drones ready and scouting. Feed going out. We should be able to spot concealed attackers if they get close. Wait, hold up. Speakers."

He makes an exaggerated gesture of exasperation and slinks back into cover, watching the drones' feeds.

((A ruse as transparent as can be, but hey. If we have someone monitoring us and they fall for it, a lost drone or three is better than a lost head. ^_^))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 01:14:02 pm by Sean Mirrsen »
Logged

Execute/Dumbo.exe

  • Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19452 on: October 14, 2013, 04:05:40 pm »

"Look, just a name alright, call me astronomical gardening octopus for all I care, but thanks anyway I guess."

go straight to armoury and ask if there's anything just suited for being a medic
((Cant get enough of them eh?))
Logged
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
Quote
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

BFEL

  • Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19453 on: October 14, 2013, 04:47:08 pm »

DO THE SMALL CHILD TRAUMATIZING THAT SHOULDA HAPPENED LAST TURN.

((and yes, now PW has to work and find the original post
And I AM a bit angry. My last like, 5 turns have been ignored, which was ok because they were pretty much flavor posts, but this one is actually pretty frustrating.))
Logged
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Lenglon

  • Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19454 on: October 14, 2013, 06:24:36 pm »

Quote from: Renen To kitty
I'll check the other team. Try to find the sniper attacking them. Do you want to come?
Send message. Go to a point where I can see the hangar team but they (and the sniper) don't see me. Enter BT and look for the sniper.
Meow once, and Follow the swordsman, staying under cover.
Reposted to make finding it easy

EDIT:
STEPHEN HAWKING continues jogging around the ship until he comes across a fembot traumatizing a small child, at which point he decides to show this mechanical construct how to REALLY traumatize a child. After all, he INVENTED child trauma.
((requoting BFEL's post, since BFEL isn't willing to do it himself.))
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 08:19:37 pm by Lenglon »
Logged
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 1295 1296 [1297] 1298 1299 ... 2101