_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5728854 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19470 on: October 15, 2013, 09:41:56 am »

(inb4 you roll something like 1 (or 1-1 if you have a negative to speech) and inspire Grate :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19471 on: October 15, 2013, 09:44:19 am »

Be helped by Feyri.
((And traumatized by STEPHEN HAWKING. Don't forget the traumatizing :P))
((He won;t try to be traumatized by Hawking.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #19472 on: October 15, 2013, 09:45:57 am »

Be helped by Feyri.
* Tiruin gestures with her hand in disapproval of your action. It is not funny. None of what happened to Grate, is funny.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #19473 on: October 15, 2013, 01:07:10 pm »

Be helped by Feyri.
* Tiruin gestures with her hand in disapproval of your action. It is not funny. None of what happened to Grate, is funny.
saysgestures the person who started it!
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19474 on: October 15, 2013, 03:14:30 pm »

((@PW: You missed my last action. Here.))

Quote from: Renen to Away Team
Do any of you have an idea of where the sniper is?

Quote from: Renen To kitty
I'll check the other team. Try to find the sniper attacking them. Do you want to come?
You follow the route the rest of the team took, but stop before you reach the opposite side of the base and it's massive windows. You peak out from behind a corner, surveying the cages and the repair yards. From the radio chatter of the rest of the team, you have a pretty damn good idea where the sniper is, though you can't see him from your position. You figure that, if you were so inclined, you could probably charge in straight from here and take out their attacker.

Then again, their attacker might not be the Shadow Walker. Might not even be a UE. Might be a diversion or a trap. Then again...this would give you the opportunity to try out this sweet new body.

Send message. Go to a point where I can see the hangar team but they (and the sniper) don't see me. Enter BT and look for the sniper.

((Edit: I quoted the wrong post. That's the action. Sorry  ;D))
"Whew. Was wondering when the ominous threat of doom would show up. Hrmm. I assume the light down there means I'm falling. Hrmm. I need to interrogate some science dudes. Well, on second thought, Steve wouldn't like that. Hrmm. Sigh. Why couldn't it be a monster. Something that bleeds and dies like a wuss would be nice."

Keep an eye on the light, and carry on with the experiment.

((Seems I finally noticed the sword hanging above my head.))

((Missed me/forum ate it. For reference, the experiment was to measure the difference in distance between real and voidspace. Mark a point in both, measure a meter in realspace, enter void, mark and measure between the points, repeat with two meters.))

You mark out the distance in the void when you notice something. Sound. Speaking, to be precise, a voice in the extreme distance. And it's coming from that point of light.

"You know, All My Parasitic Alien Offspring is pretty good, but 10,000 lives to live is even better."

Why does that sound so ominous?

Huh. Well, try playing dead for a moment. Not like I have any life signs, right?
You just lay there. You don't get shot anymore, so You guess that works!

"Watch and be amazed, as I perfectly camouflage myself as a useless robot."

-Home Team-

Déjà Vu Part X. Be ready to defend the ship. Use the rifle to focus on attackers. Heat a 1-foot sphere in the center of mass of any attackers that come rather than firing the rifle, though.

Spoiler: Gorat 'Chin' Ivanos (click to show/hide)
Part X was probably the worst yet also the most funny. I mean, the killer gets turned into a robot and tackles a space ship? Thats stupid, but it's the right kind of stupid.

Note to self: FUCK. ADRENALIN.
Well, I'll return from this, no doubt - the Mission is far from complete. But if I go to meet my Father, I shall certainly bring a guest.

In the moments before I go tempdead due to lack of spine and neck, heat a 1-meter sphere at the point where I was so sure the guy was to sufficient temperatures to fry whatever's in it to ash. Then be dead.
*Gurgle gurgle FUCK YOU Gurgle*

[exo:6+1]
You focus all your severed head rage at the area where you know the sniper is hiding. With your last moments of consciousness you sharpen your hatred to a fine point and let it tear out into space. A tendril of white hot energy rips out from your severed head and impacts the distant cage. The ship in the cage, the cage, and everything in several dozen meters in any direction vanishes, reduced to a molten slag that pours down into the repair pit below. 

"Arright, perfect. Let's see what we can see now."

Anton focuses on his remaining drones, sending two of them out to scout out the upper area. Steve's words spark a little crazy idea in his head. Keeping the drones' mapping sensors active, he sweeps them over the front of the building, going methodically from point to point, and maintains the ruse of scanning for something as they go over the roof and sweep the distance, visually scanning for possible vantage points. In the meantime, the third drone hovers ten meters in the air, just above the pillbox, several meters to the side from where Anton is standing, and monitors the whole building facade for movement or sudden glints of light where they shouldn't be. Anton leaves cover, looking over the building as well, and opens comms, general radio and external speakers simultaneously.

"Alright, I have my custom scanner drones ready and scouting. Feed going out. We should be able to spot concealed attackers if they get close. Wait, hold up. Speakers."

He makes an exaggerated gesture of exasperation and slinks back into cover, watching the drones' feeds.

((A ruse as transparent as can be, but hey. If we have someone monitoring us and they fall for it, a lost drone or three is better than a lost head. ^_^))
[aux:1+1]
The drones don't seem to get your transmission. Huh...maybe if you press the keys harder.

"Look, just a name alright, call me astronomical gardening octopus for all I care, but thanks anyway I guess."

go straight to armoury and ask if there's anything just suited for being a medic
((Cant get enough of them eh?))
(The M in HMRC doesn't stand for medic, but it might as well.)

"Well, we got various medical gear, like the medical kit and advanced kit, as well as various drugs such as coagulant boosters and pain killers. Any of those would be good medical gear." The armory master says, pointing at the medical section of the armory list.

DO THE SMALL CHILD TRAUMATIZING THAT SHOULDA HAPPENED LAST TURN.

((and yes, now PW has to work and find the original post
And I AM a bit angry. My last like, 5 turns have been ignored, which was ok because they were pretty much flavor posts, but this one is actually pretty frustrating.))

I'm ignoring you for your own health~

Now, you say to traumatize Grate but you don't really say how...And really that is not the sort of thing you want left to me. I mean...have you seen me? I've created an entire game universe in which humanity's technology has advanced to the point where even the most mundane of weapons can blow normal people in half. And then I give my players a suit that might as well be tissue paper and a fishbowl to deal with it. This entire universe is designed around the idea of everything being extremely powerful and dangerous while the average player is still fleshy and weak. And then I make jokes when you get horribly maimed. This is the sort of universe you normally need to solve a puzzle box to get dragged into.

And you left the action of "Child abuse" vague?

Good thing Feyri's here.

((Eh? Astra is right where we are? Huh. All the commotion is everywhere else.))

...Help Grate.

((I never knew even taking a speech roll is = failure. Shows what I know >_>))
(Take me down to the Spaceman City where the grass is red and the speech rolls aren't pretty!)

Hawking runs up to Grate and screams "Imma Show you how we traumatized children in my day! Now where did I put my long rubber glove?"

Feyri, in turn, steps in between Hawking and Grate.

"Back away slowly or I will kill you. Permanently."

Quote from: Renen To kitty
I'll check the other team. Try to find the sniper attacking them. Do you want to come?
Send message. Go to a point where I can see the hangar team but they (and the sniper) don't see me. Enter BT and look for the sniper.
Meow once, and Follow the swordsman, staying under cover.
Reposted to make finding it easy

EDIT:
STEPHEN HAWKING continues jogging around the ship until he comes across a fembot traumatizing a small child, at which point he decides to show this mechanical construct how to REALLY traumatize a child. After all, he INVENTED child trauma.
((requoting BFEL's post, since BFEL isn't willing to do it himself.))
(thank you)
You follow along behind robosamurai. Lone Cat and Kitten up in here. You pause to scratch up a chair on the way and then roll on the ground and bat at nothing while Your companion scans the area.

((Calm your collective farms.))

T. stares at the casually rolling kt bomb with a feeling of absolute dread. Not only did he give away a perfectly good explosive, but he put it directly where a talented sniper could shoot it.
Still, no time to worry about losing his beloved fireball-in-a-can.
Look around for an open ship and attempt to board it.
[will:3]
Teal leaps to his feet, grabs the rolling bomb and charges over to the side of a space ship. He doesn't get in though, he's far too busy caressing the bomb and making cooing noises.

((Maybe it has a pressure-based trigger?
Or maybe the character is just ignorant and learned his nuclear physics from movies, TV, and airport novels.))
((He's  supposed to be an explosives char? I dunno.))

Quote from: Denzel Gaunt to Away Team
I think I've spotted the sniper. Sending you his location now.

Staying in cover, send everyone the possible location. Also, would a laser rifle work for long range?

Then, start to move up, staying in cover as much as possible, keeping the shhoter in sight.

*sigh* At least they have some survival instinct. And thank you for the precise location, Denzel. I'll send him some little mechanical friends. If they don't kill him, they'll hopefully annoy him enough to get someone closer.

IF the reported location is near the same cluster of cages I identified earlier, direct 5 drones to spread out through the cages and head towards the shooter, and coordinate to attack the shooter when they arrive.

ELSE IF the spotted heat sig is somewhere else, send 2 drones to 'sneak' along the cages towards it and 3 drones to 'sneak' towards the cluster of cages

If I can do so without leaving whatever cover I'm in or drawing attention to myself, grab and stow the nuke.

(( So much bold XD ))
((Well with the magnetic manipulator you can simply use the magnetic feild to influence charged subatomic particles soooo, yes you can shoot lasers out of thin air, although it would be uber hard and probably result in some horrible china-9 all over again))
"I really should be more careful"
use magnetic manipulator to shred anyone with the gantries, who is preventing access to d-663 or attempting to kill use fine members of the HMRC, enter the hangar when done & team arrives, being sneaky
^^Last turn^^
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"also time to murder a sniper brutally"
use mass-murder manipulator to flambe the snipers head

The shooter appears to have become a molten hole. Huh. Everything seems pretty quiet now.

"What the **** feyri, some of us are trying to focus here, and it's hard enough just with being boring. WITHOUT distractions"
Get angry, try to keep being a sentry
ANGRY SENTRY KEEPS AN ANGRY GUARD ON THE ANGRY PLATFORM. RAGE MARINES!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19475 on: October 15, 2013, 03:17:26 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*deathrattle*

Tempdead.

((Oh god it's Timmy. MORUL RUN))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19476 on: October 15, 2013, 03:21:13 pm »

"Oh good the sniper is dead. Let's get a move on. And someone take dead dude back to Steve along with Stacy-bot if possible. Or leave him there. Everyone else, let's go find ourselves a ship."

lead team to where Steve said the cage with the ship in it was. Board a ship at random if possible.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:44:58 pm by Tavik Toth »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19477 on: October 15, 2013, 03:24:58 pm »

((You gotta love "All My Parasitic Alien Offspring".))

"Friends ask me, am I in love? I always answer ye-es! Might as well confe-ess, if the answer's ye-es!"

Wait a few moments. If nobody gets shot, drag self back to ship with one arm (or somebody's help) and obtain new limbs. And miscellaneous repairs, you know.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:28:26 pm by Harry Baldman »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19478 on: October 15, 2013, 03:27:01 pm »

((Yaay Timmy's back! This'll be fun.

Or horrifying. I dunno, always get those mixed up.

Also, A lot of references in this update. Jason X, Hellraiser, Warhammer 40K, all that good stuff.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19479 on: October 15, 2013, 03:27:30 pm »

Look around. I assume I didn't get shot by the sniper, died and couldn't find where, or cancelled job: not that stupid,
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #19480 on: October 15, 2013, 03:31:19 pm »

(Part X was horrible, but I think that's mostly due to the fact of when it was made more than anything else. Part 9 is way worse in my opinion, and Part 5 wasn't great. Then again I'm probably the only person who thinks Part 4 was the absolute best one, if only because of how physically intense Jason was in it. Running, jumping through windows, hurling corpses at people - I dunno, it was a lot scarier and cooler than, say, him literally teleporting around in Part 8.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19481 on: October 15, 2013, 03:35:49 pm »

((What exactly did Timmy do anyway? All I know is that he got sucked into an extradimensional void at one point.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19482 on: October 15, 2013, 03:41:24 pm »

((What exactly did Timmy do anyway? All I know is that he got sucked into an extradimensional void at one point.))

((Read mission 7. It happens pretty early in the mission. The short version is he used spess magik one too many times and something replaced him and cast Timmy into the void. He left behind a few tear-shaped artifacts capable of performing great feats on a decent will roll (like instahealing serious injuries). There is one of those tears left, Miyamoto had it but gave it away to a newbie because he thought he could use it better. Also, on the mission Mesor's second char (Leon I think) used those tears one too many times after which a demon-thing appeared and dragged him to hell, presumably.

Also, people, learn to do research. If you filter for PW's posts in the right thread you can read a whole mission pretty fast, especially if you're only looking for specific parts. And it's a good read anyways.))
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 03:43:40 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19483 on: October 15, 2013, 03:46:02 pm »

"Lemme try something. Magic hasn't failed me yet!"
Sit down, get into a meditative pose and use magic to mentally reach out to the guard turret. Try to disable it without hurting its internal components (pulling its gun away from it if I can't do anything else).
[will:1]
You sit down and concentrate, closing your eyes and reaching out with the single intention of removing the obstacle in your way. There's a sound from the corridor, a scream of rushing air and then rending metal. White flame blooms down the hall and floods like water through the doorway, washing over you and your team. But no one is hurt, not even the unsuited guide. It burns around you for a few moments before vanishing instantly.

Timmy stands up, brushing off his hands. "See? Told you magic always wor-" His voice is lost to new sound, a distant sound, like the ringing of a thousand church bells far beneath the sea. The sound grows as Timmy shudders, his entire body shivering violently as light grows from within his suit, boiling up and straining out of every thin space and seam. Finally it escapes, a flash of white flame spitting from a seam in the arm of his suit, and then another bursting forth from under his helmet, more and more tearing their way through every second as the suit and helmet are torn apart and burn away. Timmy is barely recognizable, barely seen, just a shadow, like the wick of a candle lost in the flame. The being that was Timmy turns toward the group and regards them silently, hovering a  few inches in the air.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #19484 on: October 15, 2013, 04:11:42 pm »

"Ok, I'll take the emergency kit and a laser rifle, best stuff I can get really, at the moment anyway"
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."
Pages: 1 ... 1297 1298 [1299] 1300 1301 ... 2101