_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1305 1306 [1307] 1308 1309 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5718671 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19590 on: October 18, 2013, 09:20:48 pm »

((@Krilleya: There probably won't be time, and you're our best chance to pilot this thing. I'd hook up a line to Steve and get in the man chair. We may all die anyway, but it'll be BADASS))

((A PSYCHIC HAS MIND-KIDNAPPED THE DEMOMAN
ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO RESCUE A THIRD OF THE HRMC?))
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:37:51 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19591 on: October 18, 2013, 09:23:44 pm »

((You are gonna need a hell of a lot more than one man to.... If I can get there..... That's a pretty big if though. Ladies, gentlemen and otherwise gendered, I have a plan.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #19592 on: October 18, 2013, 09:24:24 pm »

((You'd think Steve would be able to remotely neutralize those things, especially at this range.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19593 on: October 18, 2013, 09:30:52 pm »

((You are gonna need a hell of a lot more than one man to.... If I can get there..... That's a pretty big if though. Ladies, gentlemen and otherwise gendered, I have a plan.))
((No offense, but currently your plans seem to include being eaten by an impossibly incomprehensible, otherworldly alien being. But then again.. more people going for one big badass last ditch chance means more chance of dynamic bonuses and/or Crowning Moments of Awesome))
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 09:47:16 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19594 on: October 18, 2013, 09:34:34 pm »

((Last stand? Fuck that, I'm getting the hell out of there. I'm hoping the scalpels mindfuckery will cancel out the current one. Either way, I ain't planning to stick in there any longer than I have to, at least not without Fishman's helmet, or other will bonus.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19595 on: October 18, 2013, 09:48:11 pm »

((Now I'm confused. Who were you saying needed more than one man for what task, which you had a plan for?))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19596 on: October 18, 2013, 10:00:16 pm »

((Missed my action, but I don't think it would have made too much a difference anyway.))

"Someone please tell me that didn't hit something important."

Am I in the way of the blast zone? If so, get to cover (in the ship if it's running). If not, enter the ship along with Teal to watch him and help him out. Use all vision modes.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #19597 on: October 18, 2013, 10:23:36 pm »

Is Xan back on the ship attached to the severed head hose? If not, get attached to the hose that let's me talk and ask for someone to retrieve my body, or at least run it back to the ship. Really, the only thing you have to replace is the neck.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:33:43 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19598 on: October 18, 2013, 10:43:01 pm »

"AND IT'S GOOD!"
((Clearly, the mind-controllers are trying to mimic our mannerisms! And by "mannerisms," I mean insanity.))

Oh, looks like Feyri is already on her way down! Very quickly.
((Uh oh...))

Follow Feyri. Using the lift, of course. Race her to the ground! WITH THE LIFT!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Homeopathic Doses of Violence
« Reply #19599 on: October 19, 2013, 12:05:42 am »

((On an open channel that the Urban Executors and Shadow Walkers will be able to hear.))
Charles takes aim with his turret, he scans the area for hostiles and tracks the threats, but he doesn't fire, not yet at least. ((Activate dynamic.))

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19600 on: October 19, 2013, 02:36:29 am »

Get a new leg! And get my other bits patched up as well. Shouldn't take too long, right?

If possible, sing-ask for some extra robo-limbs to carry with me. Just in case, you know. For repairs.

Nope, definitely not going to try and attach them all. No way, no how.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:17:48 am by Harry Baldman »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #19601 on: October 19, 2013, 03:11:11 am »

"Where are the enemies coming from steve?"
Ask steve
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19602 on: October 19, 2013, 03:29:48 am »

>How should I put this...There's not a lot of space to fuck up here, so if you don't think you can use it without causing a problem, don't use it. Don't think I won't perform summary executions if you prove yourself to be more of a danger to your teammates and our allies then our enemies.
"Okay, can do. Will stick to guns as much as possible. But the question still stands, I guess. I don't know how expendable those... "sods" are, and how desperate their commanders could get, but suicide tactics might still happen. What I'm asking is, if we're on the gangway and we have a ticking megaton bomb with no ready way to disarm it, or an equivalent problem, is it going to be a good idea to toss it overboard, or would it be better to take the slimmest available chance to defuse it anyway, risking detonation right next to, or on, the ship hull?"

Keep asking.
shake my head twice.
"Melt?"
Propose a possible answer to suicide bomb tactics involving using a microwave manipulator or amp to fry the bomb's electronics before it can detonate
((yes, PW gets a free pass on figuring out what Lyra is trying to say, he's busy with other things.))
That could work too. Nuclear bombs are rather easy to break, after all.
((Does anyone with appropriate remote disarming equipment have a line of sight on the bomb?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #19603 on: October 19, 2013, 03:40:18 am »

((Steve has/had line of sight on it through Teal's headcam. So if it's serious, he will at least alert everyone, and at most dispatch someone to deal with it.

Also, you missed my post, PW.

I kid you not. Rolled a 1, then +1 from the dynamic bonus and then rolled a 3 on that 1/3rd chance, which means you don't get it (I check one third chances by rolling again and if you get 1 or 2, it counts).

You know what? Next turn I'm just gonna give you a 5. On  whatever single roll you use. Gotta balance out some karma here.
((Ahhhahaha oh wow. Three 1's in a row. I think the universe is trying to tell me something. Anton would probably take a hint at this point and try to do something else.

Can I pass on the free 5 and instead use the karma to get some leeway with gadget design at a later point? I had a couple of fairly outrageous ideas... :P))

Anton frowns, then sighs and throws up his arms. "Well crap. I've no idea what's wrong here. Jig's up I guess." He scoops the uncooperative drones up and gives them a stern look. "I'll take a proper look at you three when this is over. Don't think you'll get off lightly." He then stuffs them back in the pack and looks out at the battlements using his own two eyeballs. Nothing interesting seems to be happening just yet. Anton is back to square one, facing off against the impending onslaught of boredom.

He decides to query Steve.

"Um, Steve? I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, but it seems to still be mighty boring around here. Can you relay to us what the other teams are doing? Other ships? How's the revolution holding up so far? And how's my prototype doing, while I'm at it? The one I gave Auron? He kill anyone with it yet?"

Chat with Steve. Maintain as watchful an eye on the gangway's surroundings as the situation permits.
))

Get that last action resolved and continue to maintain a watchful eye. Try not to miss anything interesting or out of the ordinary, like any potential people potentially jumping off of any potentially tall buildings.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 03:44:14 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19604 on: October 19, 2013, 03:59:13 am »

((I think the bomb is completely manual. Otherwise the UE would've already detonated it...))

((Also word from the big PW is that having rockets is good, otherwise it's a dex roll to run away to "... Non-fatal ranges", or an aux roll to pilot the ship. So whoever the Aux master is in the away team, please get your ass into that ship...))
Pages: 1 ... 1305 1306 [1307] 1308 1309 ... 2101