_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5686766 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Mission 11: Field Goal
« Reply #19620 on: October 19, 2013, 10:09:13 am »

((Anime time go!))

Get a new leg! And get my other bits patched up as well. Shouldn't take too long, right?

((PW has been playing a bit fast and loose with healing time, since you got botted in the approximate timespan of two minutes.  I'm assuming this is done for player interest.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19621 on: October 19, 2013, 10:30:26 am »

((The repair pit is not at the ship I assume?))

Keep being a bored sentry
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19622 on: October 19, 2013, 01:24:16 pm »

((Now I'm confused. Who were you saying needed more than one man for what task, which you had a plan for?))
((I am a bad enough dude to rescue the HMRC. The procedure for disposing of nukes was to hand them to me. Now, my plan was to GTFO of voidspace, haul ass to your location, grab the bomb, get back into voidspace and leave the bomb there. It all hinges on the timer on the bomb, and if I can get out.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19623 on: October 19, 2013, 02:49:27 pm »

Action slightly edited.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19624 on: October 19, 2013, 04:04:11 pm »

((No, it just supports all the cages for the ships, or something minor like that.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19625 on: October 19, 2013, 04:12:20 pm »

Editing action.

((I don't understand Rennen's decision process, I don't think I can run him properly. I'll try to if it becomes critical, but I'd prefer to simply wait for you to return.))

Keep searching for enemies. Try to figure out where they might be.
Upon seeing RoboZombieSwordsman wake up, watch him while typing somewhat awkwardly on my wristcomp for a few moments, then follow him wherever he decides to go.
Quote from: Lyra to Steve
Other than the building directly across from the gangway, what positions have line of sight on the Sword? If that building is the only noteworthy position, how many access points does it have and how many routes up and down inside it?
Quote from: Lyra to Feyri
How is Grate? He appeared worried that he was unhelpful.
Missed me

Nah, I just combined your action with renen's, since you're following him. Assume you sent out all your messages and such.

"Get. Out. Of. My. Head."

Grab Xans' Magic Scalpel, hope to whatever gods listening that its effect ends this one. Brace self for further mindfuckery, and get the fuck out of there.

((Morul's tendency to tempt fate is troubling, but he has his reasons.))
[will:6]
You manage to break through the paralyzing fear that holds you and activate your suit, popping back into existence a few feet off from where you should be, but thankfully not inside any walls.
Is Xan back on the ship attached to the severed head hose? If not, get attached to the hose that let's me talk and ask for someone to retrieve my body, or at least run it back to the ship. Really, the only thing you have to replace is the neck.

The doctor leans over your gurgling head.

"And here I thought you hated human flesh. Shouldn't you want a robot body? Or at least something more interesting then that old body of yours?"

"AND IT'S GOOD!"
((Clearly, the mind-controllers are trying to mimic our mannerisms! And by "mannerisms," I mean insanity.))

Oh, looks like Feyri is already on her way down! Very quickly.
((Uh oh...))

Follow Feyri. Using the lift, of course. Race her to the ground! WITH THE LIFT!
You activate the lift and hold the down button. The lift descends surprisingly fast, enough to make you grip the walls in fear that you might start floating as the floor accelerates away from you. You still don't think you're gonna beat feyri on the way down.

((On an open channel that the Urban Executors and Shadow Walkers will be able to hear.))
Charles takes aim with his turret, he scans the area for hostiles and tracks the threats, but he doesn't fire, not yet at least. ((Activate dynamic.))

[speech:6+1+1]
You open up a non-encrypted broadcast channel.

"OH HELL NAW! WE GOT US SOME PUNK ASS UWM BITCHES UP IN HERE TRYING TO BLOCK MY SHINE? BITCH PLEASE.  WE'RE THE HMRC AND WE'RE TRAINED IN 700 WAYS TO KILL YOU, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR FAMILY, AND THEN OURSELVES, ALL USING NOTHING MORE THE 6 INCHES OF STRING AND A KILOTON NUCLEAR WEAPON. FUCKING SIMPLE RIGHT? YEAH. YOU WANT SOME? YOU WANT TO FUCK WITH THE LIGHTNING BOLT AND BE SHITTING THUNDER? YOU WANNA BELLY FULL OF PISS? YOU WANT TO KNIFE FIGHT THIS MONKEY? COME EAT MY SAUSAGE ROLL! I'M WAITING FOR YOU. IN FACT, HERE ARE MY COORDINATES! AND GUESS WHAT, FUCKNECK? WE HAVE ANOTHER TEAM MO-"

And then you're on the ground, spasming as electricity runs through your brain stem.

>Stop. Talking.

Get a new leg! And get my other bits patched up as well. Shouldn't take too long, right?

If possible, sing-ask for some extra robo-limbs to carry with me. Just in case, you know. For repairs.

Nope, definitely not going to try and attach them all. No way, no how.

Maurice wanders over with his tool box and starts poking around inside you.

"Standard gauss round, modified for armor penetration and long range accuracy." he mutters, pulling bits  of metal out of the hole in your torso. "Sniper eh? Clipped your brain case and severed some of these wires, and took a whole leg off. Surprised they were able to patch you up enough to make it back. Hold on, gotta get a replacement leg."

He walks away, leaving you to hum quietly to yourself with a wrench embedded somewhere around where your sternum used to be.

"Where are the enemies coming from steve?"
Ask steve
>What?

((Steve has/had line of sight on it through Teal's headcam. So if it's serious, he will at least alert everyone, and at most dispatch someone to deal with it.

Also, you missed my post, PW.

I kid you not. Rolled a 1, then +1 from the dynamic bonus and then rolled a 3 on that 1/3rd chance, which means you don't get it (I check one third chances by rolling again and if you get 1 or 2, it counts).

You know what? Next turn I'm just gonna give you a 5. On  whatever single roll you use. Gotta balance out some karma here.
((Ahhhahaha oh wow. Three 1's in a row. I think the universe is trying to tell me something. Anton would probably take a hint at this point and try to do something else.

Can I pass on the free 5 and instead use the karma to get some leeway with gadget design at a later point? I had a couple of fairly outrageous ideas... :P))

Anton frowns, then sighs and throws up his arms. "Well crap. I've no idea what's wrong here. Jig's up I guess." He scoops the uncooperative drones up and gives them a stern look. "I'll take a proper look at you three when this is over. Don't think you'll get off lightly." He then stuffs them back in the pack and looks out at the battlements using his own two eyeballs. Nothing interesting seems to be happening just yet. Anton is back to square one, facing off against the impending onslaught of boredom.

He decides to query Steve.

"Um, Steve? I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, but it seems to still be mighty boring around here. Can you relay to us what the other teams are doing? Other ships? How's the revolution holding up so far? And how's my prototype doing, while I'm at it? The one I gave Auron? He kill anyone with it yet?"

Chat with Steve. Maintain as watchful an eye on the gangway's surroundings as the situation permits.
))

Get that last action resolved and continue to maintain a watchful eye. Try not to miss anything interesting or out of the ordinary, like any potential people potentially jumping off of any potentially tall buildings.

>Well, Miyamoto's team is apparently trying to burn the building down, Milno's team is 1/3rd unconscious, Jim's team is trying to get hold of IT support, The away defense team just kicked a nuke into the shipyards, though not before disabling it's radio systems so I can't disable it, and Feyri just hurled herself off the top of the cage.

Hows your day going?

You notice feyri falling.

How is Grate? He appeared worried that he was unhelpful.
Seconds...Minutes...Hours.
If gravity was the usual 9.8 value Feyri recalled, it would only be seconds, yet it felt like hours as she fell.

Sensing a message, she replied as quick as her mind could interface with the wristpad.

Grate is not OK. It is my fault. I hope you're ok.

Check rocketfuel levels.
You've got plenty of fuel. You wanna use it before you hit the ground? Because this is a long fall but not THAT long.

((Anime time go!))

((PW has been playing a bit fast and loose with healing time, since you got botted in the approximate timespan of two minutes.  I'm assuming this is done for player interest.))
Yeah, because the ship is right there I've been basically insta-repairing people for the sake of keeping them in the mission.

Nah, other side of the building. Though you may want to cover your eyes or plug your ears. Might still be loud.

T. gives a hoarse cough before speaking up in a RussoChinoFrench basso.
"Someone fly this bird. Now.
Get into the goddamn ship
((Whatever, if there's traps, I'll spring them and then all you guys can survive your way out of here.))

But please put in a Proviso for me to try overwrite/pilot it if nobody more skilled puts their hand up.

Quote from: Teal > Steve
Compromised
If We survive, Put me out.

EDIT:
((PW, was wondering if we could get some mid-turn info?

How far is the Blacktop (I'm assuming the Blacktop is the UE craft?) from the entrance to the Hangar?
If I was able to see, how long is the detonation timer on the 'Jon'?))

I think I just disarmed a booby trap inside with a drone's face. Might be clear to look, if there's anything left.

Skylar looks up from his drones to see Teal drop kick his bomb off into the distance.

....OKAY THEN, if you guys look, look quickly, cause Teal just threw his nuke into the pit andI'mleavingnowBYE!

(( Fine, if then else time, since I'm not entirely certain where I am :P ))

If I'm next to the ship, jump in and try to get it in the air!

If nowhere near the ship (yay drone scouting!) or if I think I can reach the exit for this area in less than 30 seconds, RUUUUUUUUN!

((Missed my action, but I don't think it would have made too much a difference anyway.))

"Someone please tell me that didn't hit something important."

Am I in the way of the blast zone? If so, get to cover (in the ship if it's running). If not, enter the ship along with Teal to watch him and help him out. Use all vision modes.
Gonna assume that everyone else on the away team that isn't posting actions related to this, such as Thomas, May, Michael, etc are joining you in the ship. Better hope this works.   

The away team, at least the parts of it that haven't been shot and then evacuated, pile into the ship and head for the cockpit.
[Denzel intuition:3]
Denzel leads the way, throwing open the cockpit door...and immediately triggering a claymore waiting just behind it.
[denzel end:4]
The blast throws him back into the rest of the team, but his robotic body absorbs the force and the shrapnel, protecting the more fragile fleshy men behind him. They all struggle up and charge into the cockpit. Skylar takes the pilot's seat and the rest of the team scrambles around, closing the outer door, bracing themselves in the hall or the living pods, hiding in the bathroom or standing behind Skylar and screaming to "MOVE THE CHOPPA!"

[Skylar aux:3+1+1]Oh, you lucky devil.

Skylar slaps his would be co-pilots away and begins flipping switches, toggling throttles and running through an extremely expedited lift off checklist. He disengages the cage's locks, pops the refueling lines, severs all connections and cycles the engines on. The entire ship rumbles as it's rockets roar to life. Landing thrusters fire and the ship rises violently, jerking into the air and continuing up until it clears the roof of the main building.

"Alright, Hang on." Skylar shouts over the screaming behind him, and pushes the main engine throttle to full.

People in the middle or front of the ship suddenly find themselves in the rear, and people on the floor find themselves in a pile, pinned against the wall. The clears the base in under 3 seconds and in less then 10 is past the sword and screaming off into the distance across the rust red surface of Hephaestus.

There's no one left to see the explosion. The repair pit is deep and the bomb has had plenty of time to fall. When it does go, much of its force is directed upward by the concave shape of the pit, straight into the shipyard cages and scaffolding above. Renen, his catgirl companion and their strangely named friend are the closest, huddled behind a corner as the windows down the hall explode inward and a light 10 times brighter then the sun burns through. Every window on that side of the base shatters, and people as far away as the sword fell the shockwave rumble through the ground. A new and brilliant sunrise glows on the horizon for a few moments and then fades away, leaving only smoke and fallout.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #19626 on: October 19, 2013, 04:12:54 pm »

((It supports all the cages of all the much-smaller-than-the-Sword ships.))

((Edit: Let's hope this doesn't get taken out of your paycheck... At least you're still alive and got the ship (Skylar is getting a big bonus if he survives). Now to see if it was worth it and you find something that will help with our mission in its computers. You're gonna need it, since SOMEONE just invited "those UWM bitches" to the Sword...))
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:46:42 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19627 on: October 19, 2013, 04:31:11 pm »

"Come along with me... and the butterflies and bees..."

Sing gently, await repairs.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19628 on: October 19, 2013, 04:32:42 pm »

Thomas, hearing the rumbling, looks around curiously, as well as fearfully. He looks upwards.
"Steve? What was that rumbling? Did somebody fuck up? Are we all going to die?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #19629 on: October 19, 2013, 04:36:43 pm »

-home team-

Pan notices his metallic frame rattling, and briefly looks towards the sky

"Heads up, shitstorm incoming"
"The meatbags have wrought wanton destruction, endangering the mission and themselves. I expected nothing less."

"Yup, someone fucked up. They're sure to attack us now"

Be in cover, get ready to deflect attacks with my amp. Get ready to kick sod ass and chew bubblegum. And I can't even chew bubblegum.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 06:07:30 am by Pancaek »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19630 on: October 19, 2013, 04:39:39 pm »

Charles continues spasming in an intimidating manner.
((Admittedly, I can't do much until enemies get within earshot of him :P))
"The dice made me do it!"
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 04:41:18 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #19631 on: October 19, 2013, 04:41:45 pm »

Join skylar. Try to contact Steve. Give Skylar gauss rifle if he/she wants it.

"Skylar, status report. Also, does thing have weapons? Also, you saved our asses. As a token, have this gauss rifle if you want."

On radio: "Still there Steve?"

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19632 on: October 19, 2013, 04:58:47 pm »

Hide the drone in the hallway outside the door, look and wave at the guys defending the gangway.  Stop when/if the sound of the explosion reaches me.

"What the hell was that?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19633 on: October 19, 2013, 05:11:27 pm »

"Hrmm. Not my fault. Right, question time, what did I miss and who just fucked up?"

Go find the Armory Master, and ask her for tips about dealing with mindfuckery beyond the obvious "Don't let it happen", and if she knew anything about flaming things babbling on about tv shows. Then head back to the lobby of the building, find cover, and keep watch for suspicious things.

((Damn. Steve really is having a bad day. Also, ya may wanna check for cameras in the ship.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19634 on: October 19, 2013, 05:37:40 pm »

(( Tack. Thank you for sending me that message. I would not have changed it otherwise, and that was epic. XD ))

Just like remote heart surgery. Exactly like, even.... Fuck. Alright then. Steve, this is team Mystery. We have the ship. That repair dock is probably completely ruined, but... we have the ship. Can you give me a course to put this thing down please? I feel like I'm going to attract unwanted attention the longer I'm up here, though I'm a little leery about approaching the Sword unless the roof-tops are clear. Bringing this back over to a nuke-tipped LESHO sounds like a poor idea.

Hey, everyone alright back there? We seem to be good for now, though I doubt that will be true for long. Search around for whatever Steve was hoping we'd find here while I figure out what our next move is.

And I appreciate the offer, Jack, but keep that thing away from me until we're done. I'm... not good with guns, and I'd rather leave that in the hands of someone who can actually use it until we're back on the Sword.

And Teal? If you get anywhere near me right now, I will have Steve render you unconscious. No offense. Could everyone else make sure he stays away as well, and send the order to Steve to bring him down if he approaches the cockpit?

Follow Steve's instructions on where to bring the ship. Watch for enemy action.

If Steve doesn't have any suggestions, spend some time familiarizing myself with the ship's controls and abilities, then slow down and look for somewhere mostly clear to set her down for now.

(( Also, for everyone's help, can I get a sound off of who is on this ship?
By my count, I have me, Tavik, Doom, & Tack ))
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 05:39:38 pm by Kriellya »
Pages: 1 ... 1307 1308 [1309] 1310 1311 ... 2101